Vampire on Baker street ( A S...

By Cynder15

Sara Knightly is a 300 year old vampire. While in London she decides to pay her old friend, John Watson, a vi... More

Ch.1: Paying an old friend a visit
Ch. 2: A new case
Ch.3: "Like a clone?"
Ch.4: Who are you?
Ch.5: He looks sad?
Ch.6: My hostage!
Ch.7: The fall
Ch.8: Moving on
Ch.9: He's back!!
Ch.10: Hello brother
Ch.11: Jealousy?
Ch.12: A terrorist attack?
Ch.13: Sherlock...
Ch.14: Goodnight, Sherlock
Ch.15: I know how to dance...
Ch.16: The wedding
Ch.17: Speech
Ch.18: The Bloody Guardsman
Ch.19: Thank god for idiots
Ch.20: Case solved
Ch.21: What am I going to do?
Ch.22: On my own
Ch. 23: Lucky
Ch.24: Leave
Ch. 25: Oh no!
Ch. 26: I can't believe I'm doing this
Ch.27: Jesus, Sherlock!
Ch.28: It is about damn time
Ch. 29: You've got to be kidding me
Ch. 30: Sherlock...what have you done?
Ch.31: Oh, for God's sake
Ch. 32: I will fight for you
Ch. 33: Dreams
Ch.34: It actually happened
Ch.35: He can be sweet
Ch.36: We need Sherlock
Ch.37: Of course!
Ch.38: Trouble with Clocks
Ch. 39: A break
Ch.40: Betrayal?
Ch. 41: I don't need him
Ch.42: Please!
Ch.43: I need a vacation
Ch.44: A traumatic experience
Ch. 45: Godparent?
Ch.46: A brotherly escapade
Ch.47: Let's go home
Ch.48: The mysterious plaster bust
Not an update
Ch.49: What are you, the vampire police?
Ch. 50: Sherlock the dragon slayer
Ch.51: Save the Queen
Ch.52: 'So many lies. I don't just mean you'
Ch.53: Nothing will be the same after this
Ch.55: Supernatural
Ch.56: You've done it this time
Ch.57: I need John Watson
Ch.58: I needed a hug
Ch.59: Who to believe
Ch.60: You cock
Ch.61: It is what it is
Ch.62: We may fight, but I will never stop loving this man
Ch.63: Everything is revealed
Ch.64: Tell the truth
Ch.65: Information
Ch.66: This doesn't feel right
Ch.67: Trials
Ch.68: Make your choice
Ch.69: Redbeard
Ch.70: I hope I'm not too late
Ch.71: Why?
Ch.72: How did this happen?
Ch.73: The end
....Sequel?
Sequel is out!!

Ch.54: America

880 32 11
By Cynder15

Chapter 54:

Sara's POV:

Weeks have passed since that dreadful day. Mary's body was cremated, and John had to once again make that lonely walk through the graveyard.

Sherlock explained to me what happened that night, then he closed himself off from everyone. I know he feels responsible for Mary's death. He vowed to keep her safe... and in the end he couldn't. John resents him for this and hasn't spoke to Sherlock since that day, and he doesn't plan to anytime soon either. I have seen him a few times, helping with the baby when I can since he is in no state of mind to do so.

Everything is a mess. Mary's death hit everyone hard... and I am not sure how we will get over it. We never will fully, but we can't let it hold us back from living. I've had more than enough friends die in my lifetime... it never gets easier, but I find that I am able to cope faster.

John is a zombie most days when I see him. He usually stays in bed, or sits in his chair in silence. Getting him to eat is a chore, and bathing is further out of the question. I know it will take a long time for John to come to terms with Mary's death, but he needs to step up and be there for his daughter. Mary wouldn't have wanted to see him like this.

His hatred of Sherlock hasn't waned. He has forbid me from taking Rosie to Baker street, and had refused to see Sherlock the one time he came by the house. That was just before Sherlock threw himself into his work. I know John's anger toward Sherlock is ill placed, but he is beyond reasoning with at the moment. I just hope that in the future they can make up.

Sherlock is another problem. He has been MIA for the better part of a week now. After moping around the flat for the first week, he has pushed himself into solving cases to get his mind off of everything. But in doing so, he is pushing everyone further away. He is rarely at the flat anymore, and when he is he hardly speaks to me or Mrs.Hudson. I know he is hurting, but I just wish he would come talk to me about it instead of pushing it away.

~

"I can't leave them like this!" I am currently in Mycroft's office. He just told me that he is sending me on a mission to America.

"People die everyday, Sara. And more will die if you do not help us," Mycroft says coldly,"Sherlock and John are adults. They can grieve and move on themselves."

I clench my hands into fists,"...What is the mission?"

"An undercover agent stole missile plans and ran off to New York city with them. My intel tells me that he is meeting with a buyer in three days," he informs me,"They are meeting at a gala being held in the Baxton hotel. You and Tom are to intercept the man before the handoff is made, and drag him back to England where we can 'dispose' of him as we please." He gives me that snarky smile of his and clasps his hands together.

I purse my lips in thought and cross my arms. "There is no way I am getting out of this, is there?"

He shakes his head.

I groan,"Why can't Tom just go?"

Mycroft slides a file across his desk to me. I pick it up and look over the contents.

"Well, we have been led to believe that he may not he human."

My eyes widen and i look up from the paper,"Vampire?"

He shrugs,"It is unknown to us. Which is why we are taking extra precautions and sending the two of you."

I frown but nod. "When do we leave?"

"Right now actually."

Tom then walks into the room with two bags slung over his shoulder. He gives me an apologetic look.

I turn back to Mycroft,"I can't even say goodbye?!"

He cocks his head to the side with a smirk,"To whom? My brother hasn't cared to acknowledge you in weeks, and Dr. Watson would rather talk to his dead wife."

I frown,"You don't have to be such an ass about it..." I mutter, my eyes downcast.

"Our flight leaves in an hour," Tom tells me,"We should get going."

I nod and walk toward the door. I spot the glare Tom gives his brother as I pass him. At least one Holmes brother is on my side. Mycroft is still butt hurt about me rejecting him, but at least Tom was mature enough to get past it.

We leave for the airport and pass through security fairly quickly. We are soon seated in first class, awaiting takeoff.

"What is that?" Tom asks, looking over my at my phone.

"I took a couple of Mycroft's mini spy cameras and placed them in John's house and Sherlock's flat, to keep an eye on them," I answer. The live feeds can be accessed by my phone.

He nods,"How are they?"

I let out a sigh,"Well, Sherlock found the ones in the flat already and took them down, so I don't know how he is. As for John... he's not doing good." I watch the video with sad eyes. John is currently in his living room... talking to no one.

Tom puts his hand on my arm comfortingly,"He will be alright. It just takes time."

I nod,"I heard that he is seeing a new therapist. Hopefully she can help."

We sit back in silence for the rest of the plane ride. I try to get some sleep but find myself unable to. My mind is refusing to let me rest.

I let out a sigh and lean my head against the window. This is going to be a long plane ride.

~

Stepping off the plane, I breath in the cool air and gaze at my surroundings. It's nice to be back in America, but I am already missing London.

"Mycroft set us up in the hotel where the party will be taking place," Tom informs as he looks down at his phone,"It's an hour drive from here."

I groan,"I'm sick of sitting, and that would be like two hours in New York."

He chuckles and glances out one of the airport windows. "Well, night will fall in about an hour. By the time we leave here it should be dark, so we can just flit to the hotel if you would you like."

I nod,"I would."

After grabbing our bags and leaving the Airport, we find an isolated area where we can flit without being seen. We soon make it to our hotel and check in.

"The party begins in an hour," Tom tells me as we enter our room. He sets his bag on his bed while I drop mine on the floor and belly flop onto my own bed.

I sigh heavily,"You can have the shower. I don't need one."

He chuckles,"I assume you will be taking a nap in the mean time?"

I hum in approval, starting to drift off already.

The last few weeks have been a lot harder on me then I first realized. My mind and body are exhausted.

I feel someone shaking me gently. "Wake up," Tom tells me softly.

I groan and curl up into the pillows and blankets. "...Why do you take such short showers?" I mumble.

He chuckles,"Come now. The faster we finish this mission, the faster you can get back to your friends."

I let out a long sigh and lift my head,"They are your friends too."

He just smiles tightly and walks to my bag which is still on the floor. He pulls out the dress I brought for the party and brings it over to the bed. "Here you are. The party starts in fifteen."

I nod and let out a yawn as I stretch. "I will meet you down there," I tell him.

He nods and straightens out his jacket. He looks cute in his suit and tie.

He soon leaves me and I start to get ready.

~

"Champagne?" a waiter questions while holding out a tray of glasses to me.

I smile and take one, then scan the room.

The party is in full bloom. Some of the richest and most famous people are attending this gala. A risky meeting place for our target.

I am dressed in an expensive red dress with jewelry absolutely covering me. Mycroft wanted me to look to the part of an heiress, and he certainly did not hold back.

"You look beautiful," a voice says from behind me.

I smile,"Thank you, Tom. You look very handsome as well." I turn to him and see him smiling down at me.

He glances to the dance floor then back to me with a pleading look.

I shake my head,"No. You know I don't dance-"

"It will be fun, i promise," he tells me then smirks,"We should be keeping up appearances. It might look strange if we don't partake in the festivities."

I roll my eyes and huff,"Fine."

We spend the next two hours dancing and mingling with the other partygoers.

This is excruciating! I would much rather be sleeping back at the room, or better yet, back in London with Sherlock.

We have spotted our target, but he has yet to meet anyone. So far he has been sat at the bar the entire time.

"Where ever did you find this gentleman?" A woman, who I have been having a friendly conversation with, asks me as she watches Tom talk to her husband.

I smile,"We met when I was vacationing in London about five years ago." I am undercover as Tom's wife. Not that I haven't done it before. Since we partner on missions quite frequently, this has become our go to cover.

Tom strolls over to us with a blinding smile,"Could I have a word with my wife?" he raises his phone,"My mum is asking about the baby."

The woman next to me squeals happily,"Your pregnant?!"

I giggle,"7 weeks along."

"Oh my, you don't look like your showing at all."

I shrug and rub my stomach,"Well, he is riding pretty low. It runs in my family actually, that we don't get that big of bellies."

She awes,"It's a boy?"

I nod, smiling fondly at my flat stomach,"His name is Beckett."

"Oh, I love babies!" she gushes,"Well, I won't hold you. I know how in-laws can get." She waves as Tom leads me away.

I glance up at the vampire with an arched eyebrow,"So it seems I'm pregnant."

He chuckles,"I was trying to change it up a little. So, Beckett? I like that name."

I smile,"I do too. I've always wanted a boy."

He leads me over to a wall and glances over his shoulder. "They are moving toward an empty billiards room," Tom informs me as we watch our target and another man make their way through the sea of people.

I nod. "Let's sneak in through the back door."

We casually make our way to said room and sneak in through another door. Inside the two men are talking by the pool table with their backs to us. We silently sneak behind a couch and wait.

"The British have to be on to me by now," says our target, looking around shiftily,"Let's just get this over with."

The man with him chuckles and pats his shoulder,"You will be fine, my friend. With these plans and the tablet, nothing will stop us."

I frown. This doesn't sound like a usual trade off-

Suddenly the main door bursts open and a gun is fired off. Tom and I stand from our hiding spot to see our target running out of the room. The man that he was meeting is dead on the ground.

"Damnit!" I shout, then turn angrily at the person with the gun.

"Sara?"

My eyes widen and I about shit myself from shock. "Dean?!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait. It's finals week and I have been swamped with projects. Anyway, hope you liked the chapter :)

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 217 10
A royal scandal brings Sherlock Holmes into a tough duel of wits against a peculiar woman. Now that Sherlock has started to understand his feelings...
1.4K 92 3
John wants to get the attention of a woman studying psychiatry, so he convinces Sherlock to do a simple 2 hour question and answer session with him f...
175K 4.9K 26
[FINISHED] John's niece is coming over, she has a special paranormal gift, she can read minds. That will make sure that there will be quite a competi...
733 14 24
In honour of Pride Month, I am going to Send John Wattson, Sherlock Holmes, Mycroft Holmes, Greg Lestrade, Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester, Gabriel...