Last dance.

quinnfloral tarafından

One fatal car crash can either bring you some of the best memories you can make or the worst memories you can... Daha Fazla

f o r e w a r d
o n e

t w o

7 2 0
quinnfloral tarafından

( two; nine months later )

NINE MONTHS HAD passed since Jodie Jones had nearly died. Nobody believed that she would wake up from the coma. Her injuries were some of the worst they've seen happen from a car crash, which only made it harder for her parents to cope. Everyday her parents would wish for her to wake up, and everyday Jodie would get weaker.

The doctors had announced that if Jodie was to wake up, then she would probably die in the matter of a few hours. Even after hearing this, her parents still prayed upon a miracle. They wished that she would wake up and be healthier as ever, that she'd be their baby girl once again. All of their neighbourhood tried to tell them not to get their hopes up, but it never worked.

The town that Jodie had once loved had given up. Mostly everyone in the town who knew about her had given up. They believed that Jodie would not wake up, they believed that she was gone and would never be brought back. One person in particular was certain that she wouldn't come back, and if she did then her life would be made into a living hell.

Shelia Matthews was scared. The former best friend was scared that if Jodie came back, then Jodie would tell everyone about how Shelia backstabbed her. Nobody would skim past the fact that Shelia left her friend to die, but they would skim past it if they didn't know. Shelia was hellbent on keeping her secret a secret, even if it meant blackmail.

If Jodie ever woke up, then Shelia would make sure that she wished she'd never woken up. Of course, Shelia would privately tell her why and then force her to keep the secret. Even if Jodie does promise to keep Shelia's secret, she would still have living hell to see what would happen if she betrays Shelia — just like Shelia had in the burning car.

Today was a particularly sunny day, not that anyone in the gloomy town cared. People were too busy to notice how the weather was unusual, unusual for their town of course. Once Jodie had slipped into the coma, the town had darkened considerably. The weather was always cold, dark and very windy. So the fact that it was sunny for the first time in forever was unusual, but no one decided to notice it.

Mrs.Jones was more on edge than usual, considering she'd turned paranoid ever since her daughter nearly died. Today hit the mark of nine months ever since the fatal car crash, one that had nearly killed such a young and innocent girl. The last nine months had been hell for the Jones' family, considering how much they loved their only child. If Mrs.Jones could, then she would trade spaces with Jodie in a heartbeat — as long as it meant that Jodie could live her life to the fullest.

"Do you think she'll ever wake up?"Angie asked her husband, her eyes gleaming over at the thought of Jodie never waking up.

"I'm certain that she will,"Giles assures his wife, gently placing a kiss on her hand as they look over at their daughter.

Tears were now streaming down Angie's face. Her tears had no faucet to stop them from falling, and it had been like this for the past nine months. Angie was not prepared to lose her daughter, especially on the terms that they had ended. She didn't want the argument to be the last words that had been passed between them, especially when it ended in a note with three words that crushed Angie's life.

"Please wake up baby, we can't lose you,"A tear stained angie chokes out.

A small and unnoticeable twitch moved through Jodie's fingers. Her mothers hands were covering Jodie's as she sobs into them, not wanting to let her daughter go. Angie hadn't noticed the first twitch, but she definitely noticed the second one that rippled up towards her own hands. Another sob chokes from her throat, but this time it was a sob of happiness.

"Giles I knew it, I knew she would wake up,"Angie sobs out with a small smile on her face.

The smile on Angie's face made it seem as though the pain she felt had never been there. Though the tears on her face and the weight lose told a different story. All that mattered currently though was the fact that Jodie was alive, and breathing without needing help of the oxygen mask.

When Giles saw Jodie's eyes flicker open, he ran over to the two people he loved more than anything. His arms gently enveloped Jodie into a hug, opening slightly to make space for Angie to join in. In the comfort of the two most important people in his life where he loved to be, and he's missed this more than anything since Jodie got hurt badly.

It was a completely different story for Jodie though. As she tried to rake her memory to remember who these two people are, she just couldn't bring herself to remember who they were. Now that she comes to think of it, she can't remember anything at all. The young girl can barely remember how to breathe, let alone remember how to talk and search for her memories that had mysteriously disappeared from the files in her brain.

As Jodie lays there practically lifeless, tears stain down her face as she struggles to know who these people are. Nurses rush in when the news had got passed to them, instantly scaring Jodie from the sudden movements. Lights and needles were shoved in front of her and stabbed into her, all of this causing her to panic. Her breathing quickens as does her heartbeat, which shows up on the monitor.

"GET AWAY FROM HERE. YOU'RE SCARING HER,"Her father yells and shoves at the doctors, his face red with anger.

"At the current moment, she doesn't know who any of us are. So frankly that means you're scaring her too,"One of the nurses calmly says as she stumbles back from the shove.

"You're lying. No oh god no,"Her mother sobs and falls to her knees, not believing that her baby doesn't know who she is.

Angie was glad that Jodie was finally awake, but was devastated that her child doesn't remember her. She wraps her arms around her body and rocks back and forth, a habit she had developed from when Jodie used to do this. More tears were rolling down her practically porcelain cheeks.

"Mr and Mrs Jones, your daughter doesn't remember anything. She can't comprehend basic things like talking, walking, reading, writing and more. It'll take her a while to be able to walk, but won't take her as long to do the others,"After an hour of waiting for the results, a nurse finally walks up to the two parents and tells them the news with a neutral look on her face.

"What about memories?"Angie asks as she tries to understand everything all at once.

It may not seem like a lot to take in, but after nearly losing your daughter and then having this happen is a lot for someone to take in. This can be even worse if they're still in shock nine months after, and that's exactly what it's like for Angie.

"There is no possible way to give you a certain date for when she will gain her memories back. It may take years to remember, but by helping her can help a lot. Showing her old photos and what not will speed up the process,"The nurses states with a sad smile on her face. "But that's up to her decide wether she wants the push of help or not,"With that one last sentence, the nurse turns on her heels and motions for them to follow her.

The three people finally reach Jodie's room, quietly entering to see Jodie propped up on the bed. Once the tests had been run, the doctors had helped her sit up on the bed. A cup of water was placed next to her bed, but Jodie couldn't reach it — as she didn't know how to and that made her frustrated.

"Oh my baby,"Angie drops to her knees besides Jodie's bed, her hands immediately reaching for Jodie's.

Jodie instantly yanks her hand away, that being the first movement she's made all day. As she tries to remember how she did that, her mother starts to cry — instantly making Jodie feel guilty. Even though Jodie doesn't remember who the woman is, she still feels remotely guilty for yanking her hand away.

"I-i-i'm s-sorry,"Jodie stutters out with great difficulty, not wanting the woman to cry over her.

"Thank the lords,"Her mother praises, happy that her daughter was able to speak a bit.

Jodie Jones really was a miracle, but she didn't and would never believe it.

And here is the second chapter. I'm probably going to make another chapter today, but I may post it tomorrow instead.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

17.1M 656K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
1.1M 62.6K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
165K 12.4K 14
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
96K 3.6K 38
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.