CHAMPION | 𝙥𝙠𝙢 ✓

By H0PEMINGI

Highest rank: #4 in #ashketchum Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola; the seven regions that... More

Leaving Our Home
The News
First Day
Confusion
School Drama
Finally Alone
Meeting Him
The Next Day
Work
Stronger Together
Problems
Training
Stuck in the Rain
Party Plans
Battling All Day
Auditions
Bonds Like No Other
New Friend
The Annual Meeting
Halloween Party
Christmas Gloom
Apologies
Sparks Fly
Date Skating
Christmas Time
Birthday Surprises
First League
Bear Hug
See the Light
Hi
Hi pt.2

New Year's Picninc

1K 25 3
By H0PEMINGI

Clara P.O.V

Today is the last day before the year renews itself.

I began my day with a feeling of a burning face. Turns out, Ninetales kindly used Flamethrower to wake me up at 12:00 AM and take her to my newly gifted 'gym'. She pushed me off the bed and forced me to change. Groanig, I did as she said and changed into something more sporty:

Ninetales didn't bother wait for me, as she rushed downstairs and started eating her breakfast. Unlike her, I took my time making myself look at least presentable. I went downstairs and found Ninetales had already finished her food, so I quickle ate mine.

Before I went outside, my mother stopped me. "Clara?"

"Yeah," I called out.

"We're going on a picnic with your friends for New Year's. We'll be leaving at 9:00, so please get ready beforehand," she said.

"Okay," I replied and closed the door. I followed Ninetales through the immense garden, and somehow managed to reach the gym. She barged through the doors, catching all my Pokémon's attention. They froze, but then sprinted to where Ninetales and I were standing, making us collapse and hit the floor.

My Pokémon were thanking me over and over, so I had to stop them. "Okay, okay. I'm glad you liked it," I laughed.

"Who's ready to do some training?" I asked, and a bunch of cheers were their reply.

Thus began our torturous training. One by one my Pokémon battled, sometimes leveling up or sometimes defeating their type advantage.

This went on for around 7 more hours. I was exhausted, and my Pokémon were even more tired than I was.

"You know what guys?" I panted while placing my hands on my knees for support.

I smiled. "You were all amazing."

Some of my Pokémon smiled while others cheered for their efforts. I was gonna suggest we train some more, but my mother's screams made me think twice about my decision.

"Clara! Go and take a shower. Make yourself presentable! We have a picnic at the forest at 9:00 for Arceus's Sake! GET! CHANGED!" she roared.

I flinched at the sound of her voice and looked at my Pokémon apologetically. "Sorry," I grinned. "I need to go. See you guys tomorrow for another round of training!"

All my Pokémon squealed, and some just nodded. I ran to my room with Ninetales, and I asked her if she could help me pick out something for the gathering.

"What about this?" I asked as I took out a black blouse.

She shook her head. ~You're going to a party, not a funeral~

After a few more tries, and endless arguments, Ninetales and I agreed on something:

It still has black, but Ninetales approved. I left my hair natural and started on my makeup:

I gave my look a finishing touch my applying a rich red lipstick. When I was done, I looked at Ninetales to ask for approval, but all I saw was Ninetales with her mouth open.

"I-Is something wrong? Is it too much makeup? Oh-," I began rambling, regretting my decision of wearing makeup.

~No, you got it all wrong. You look beautiful. I'm just not used to seeing you with makeup. When was the last time I saw you? Maybe around 3 years ago~ Ninetales said.

I smiled and thanked her, checking my appearance in the mirror one last time before heading downstairs. My mother was already packing all of the food, and she was running around with her monster heels.

"Where is it, where is it, where is it," she rambled, looking for- I'm guessing the tablecloth.

I spotted it under a stool. "Are you looking for this?"

She turned around and said, "Yes! Thank you, Clara."

My mother began packing again, but abruptly stopped to look at me. Okay, if this is the reaction I'm gonna get of everybody, I might as well take off my makeup.

"What?" I asked, walking closer to my mother.

"Nothing, I'm just not used to you wearing makeup," she said. "You look beautiful, by the way."

I smiled. "Thanks mom."

We walked outside, carrying all of the stuff in our arms, and put it all in the car's trunk. Luckily, it all fit, so my mother instantly started the engine.

As we approached our picnic spot, we saw that my mom and I were the last to arrive. Everyone had already set up what they brought, varying from dessert, music, and even some pillows and blankets.

Ninetales accidentally stepped on a branch, causing everyone to look at us.

"Ah, Cristina! Clara! You finally arrived!" Delia exclaimed.

One by one, I greeted everyone. They all complimented my look, and some of then rubbed their eyes to check if they weren't imagining.

From all their reactions, I have to admit Ash's was the best. When I approached him, he kissed my cheek and got back to placing all the plates in their place. It wasn't until Dawn pointed at me that made Ash turned around, and he almost broke the pile of plates he was carrying. His mouth hung open, and he tried to speak. "You...Wow," he gazed.

I smiled. "Do I look good?"

"Look good?" he asked unbelievably. "You look beyond amazing."

"Don't I look- I don't know. Fake?" I asked and looked down.

Ash stood up and walked over to me, lifting my chin so I could stare into his dazzling eyes. "Clara, I prefer to be amazed when you put makeup on rather than when you take it off."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I frowned, but Ash quickly locking our lips. I yelped in surprise, but melted into the kiss anyways. We were interrupted by my mom, leaving Ash and I blushing like crazy after we were caught by my own mother. Arceus, so embarrassing.

"Dinner's ready," my mother said as she served me some food.

My mouth drooled after my eyes saw the scrumptious cuisine. "It all looks delicious."

"And it is knowing I cooked it," my mother stated and handed me my plate.

I smiled. "Thanks, Mom."

"No problem," she waved and busied herself with serving more food on plates.

I sat down on the blanket that covered the grass and started eating, gazing at the shining stars that colored the night sky.

"Beautiful, huh," Ash huffed as he sat next to me.

I jumped. "Yeah, it's been a while since I last saw a night like this."

"Imagine it filled with fireworks," he said. "It'll fill up the sky even more."

I grinned at the thought. "It'll be quite a show."

Ash chuckled and placed an arm around my shoulders, squeezing me as I ate. I looked away from the stars to my friends, seeing them talking with their boyfriends or laughing at some jokes.

"This is the life," I whispered as I cuddled closer to Ash.

"Yeah," he agreed and pecked my forehead. We continued gazing at the stars until May's mother yelled, "Guys, let's gather around. Talk some more before the clock hits 12!"

All of the gathered formed a circle, some candles positioned in the middle for light. "So," May's mother began, "it's 11:50 PM, meaning 10 more minutes until the clock hits 12! What shall we do?"

"What if we sing?" Ash suggested, earning some murmurs of agreement.

Ash walked to his car and took out his guitar. He sat next to me and started singing:

He sang pretty well. I have to admit, I got lost in his voice as it was so peaceful and full of emotion.

"Who's next?" Iris asked.

Ash smirked. "Clara, you sing beautifully. What if you sing something?"

Everyone nodded and waited for me to begin. "I will kill you in your sleep," I mouthed to Ash, and he laughed.

I took out my phone and looked for the karaoke version of my chosen song:

Everyone clapped and I blushed from too much attention.

"Guys, look!" May suddenly screamed, pointing at the sky.

Fireworks sparked every now and then. They exploded in diverse colors: light blue, pink, red, gold, and white.

My eyes sparkled as I saw the magnificent show, and someone yelled, "Happy New Year!"

Out of nowhere, Ash cupped my face and whispered, "This is when we kiss."

I giggled. "No kidding."

We smiled before we pressed out lips together. Fireworks exploded and cheers were heard, making this kiss more valuable than before.

We pulled away and both said, "Happy New Year."

"By the way," I added. "What color is your underwear?"

Ash look flustered. "W-What kind of question is that?"

"They say that depending the color of your underwear, the richer or the more love you'll get this new year. For example, if you wear a yellow underwear you'll get richer, and if you wear a red one, you'll get more love," I explained.

Ash burst out laughing. "That was the weirdest question someone's ever asked me. And, good thing is I'm wearing red."

Ash smirked and then attacked me with hugs and kisses. I squealed and tried to get away, but Ash just squeezed me tighter and tighter.

In the end, I gave up and let Ash squeeze me to death. And before I knew it, I was asleep on Ash's arms, Ninetales resting her head on my legs, and Pikachu fast asleep beside us.

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm was out of ideas for this one...

I can't do promises I can't keep, but I'll try my best on the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

586 68 50
Welcome dear reader! This is the host of your first POV part, I'd like to stay anonymously. Well, you came here because you're interested in dreams...
1.3M 58.3K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
57K 1.3K 24
Stoic Tezuka Kunimitsu cares only about tennis, but what happens when a new girl peaks his curiosity? Will he realize he likes her and allow love to...
599K 9.3K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...