The Nerd

By danielleward136

Hayden Smith is just a girl who wants good grades and keeps herself to herself whilst all the rest of the sch... More

Long Awaited Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 17

54.5K 901 56
By danielleward136

Hey guys...

Someone has recently asked me a question about the age of Hayden and how she was nearly at College when she is so young but I'll explain in now and hopefully it'll help you guys understand. :)

Due to my story being sent in England it means that in year 11, your last year in High School, the starting age for that is 15 and you finish when your 16. Then you can go to college if you want to, which I do, and you start college at 16 and finish after 2 years so your 18. Furthermore, then you can go to university for either 3 or 4 years depending on the length of the degree you choose. Hope that helps :)

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ring ring... ring ring

“Hello?” I heard a deep voice on the other end.

“Blake... Hey it’s Hayden” I said through the phone.

“Oh... Hey what’s up?”

“Urm... are you doing anything tonight?” I asked quietly.

“I knew it wouldn’t be long until you rang me for a date SO where do you wanna go dinner, movie or dinner and a movie” he said whilst trying to sound serious. I laughed at him.

“None of the above”

“You know your rejections hurt” I laughed at him until he started to join in. “It’s Friday soooooo... I’m not doing anything.”

“Could you take me to the garage please?”

“Of course send me your address and I’ll be there in 5... Ok?”

“Ye ok”

I disconnected the line and sent him my address by text. Whilst I waited for him I sat in the living room going through my school books making sure all my homework was completed. I looked out the window and saw a Mazda pull up on the front. I put my books back on the coffee table and grabbed my phone and front door keys off the table before walking outside and locking the door.

“Hey” Blake said as I climbed in the passenger side.

“Hi” I replied whilst putting my seatbelt on. He started to drive away from my house.

“So you wanna work on the car?” he asked.

I laughed “Ye I’ve kinda got obsessed with wanting to work on it.”

“Hey we do especially if it’s to do with our racing cars”

“Wait you don’t race in this?” I asked pointing around the car which made him laugh.

“God no... I mean I love this car but I gotta say my baby is my racing car.”

“Well what car do you race in?”

He laughed “To find that out you’ll have to come to a race won’t you”

“Are you serious? My mum would kill me if she found out that I was anywhere near a race track”

“That’s why you don’t tell her”

I sat there for a moment and thought about that. Not telling my mum where I was going... I mean I would love to go and watch a race but... I couldn’t lie to my mum.

However, if you think about it your mum’s away most of the time just ask when they have the next race.

“When’s the next race?” I asked.

“I don’t know... I think its Jake again urm not this Saturday as in tomorrow... the Saturday after. Why do you wanna go?” I shrugged after to try and show that I didn’t find it that interesting but yet inside I was jumping with excitement.

“Maybe” I answered and saw him smile whilst watching the road.

“Little innocent Hayden turning in to badass Hayden” I laughed at him.

“Whatever” I rolled my eyes at him and looked out the window. I watched as he turned the corner and pulled up outside some gates. He climbed out and unlocked the lock that was holding the chains around the two big gates. He pulled them open, climbed back in the car and started driving into the car park. He pulled up near the shutters and turned around in his seat.

“Here... use this” he gave me a set of keys but he was holding a specific one up. “You can go and open the door at the side of the shutter whilst I go and lock the gates back up for the moment” I nodded and took the key. I climbed out of his Mazda as he did. He started walking back towards the gates whilst I walked towards the door. I put the key into the locks and turned it to the right. I walked in and saw my little project parked in the middle of the garage. I walked over to it and saw a hint of a logo on the front but I couldn’t quite see what it was. I looked to my left and saw a rag on top of the toolbox. I took it and started to clean the logo and saw that it was a Maserati.

“So are you ready?” Blake asked as he walked in.

“Ye” I nodded. I watched as he walked to the office and came out with the keys for the car. He opened the car and popped the hood. I put my hands underneath and felt for the little clip thing which I soon found. I lifted it up and put the little hood support rod in the hole.

“Look at you” Blake said.

“What just because I can open the hood of a car... oh ye... wow” I said rolling my eyes making him laugh.

“You think you’re so funny” he walked near to where I was stood and looked at the engine. “Jamie wasn’t joking when he said it was dirty.”

“It was dirtier than this”

He walked over near a certain toolbox and dragged it near the car.

“How’ve you got a toolbox like that?” I asked him looking at it. I had never seen one that consisted of 10 different trays on wheels.

“Oh it’s specially made by Co-fix just for us” he smiled, opening one of the trays.

We spent hours talking and taking the car to pieces and cleaning it. “So you have a full week off now. Got any plans?”

I shrugged “Not really I’ll probably pester you guys to bring me here so then I can work on this” I said whilst cleaning the casing for the air filter.

“Hayden I don’t think any of us would get sick of seeing you” I blushed when he said that.

“Thanks” I smiled at him.

“You’re welcome... how come your not going to any parties whilst you’re off, I would be?”

“Because I won’t be invited to any” I muttered. He looked up from the pipe that he was cleaning and looked at me with a confused face.

“Why not?”

 I shrugged “it doesn’t matter.”

“Hayden” I looked up at him “Why not?”

“Why would people want to invite the nerd to their house?”

“What?”

“At school I have a reputation of being a nerd as people like to call me” I said putting my head down.

“Why?” he sounded a bit angry.

“Because I’m the only person in the year that gets straight A’s in my subjects.”

“Do they bully you?” he asked which I followed with a silence. “Hayden... does Jake know about this?” I nodded. Blake moved towards me. “Why hasn’t he done anything?” I looked up at him.

“I don’t want him to” I shrugged.

“Hayden... why not?”

“Because it would be me against the whole football team and the whole school and if the headteacher hears of it he’ll just say it’s a lie... I mean why would he want his precious football team to be upset.” I carried on looking at the casing whilst I told Blake.

“So you have no friends?” he asked.

“No... People who talk to the nerd would also be bullied and I don’t have the confidence to make friends. A girl spoke to me once at lunch and the next day Amber started talking to her and then she moved to another school the week after.”

“Who’s Amber?” he asked curiously.

“She’s queen bitch of the school and she’s made herself a bet.”

“Oh ye and what’s that?”

“That she’ll have her legs wrapped around Mr Peterson at the leavers party”

“Who Alex?” I looked at him as if he was crazy.

“No Mr Peterson.”

“You mean Jake” I nodded my head at him. “But I thought you called him Jake when your outside of school” I shook my head.

“We both agreed that we would only have the professional teacher student relationship not a friendship” I said with no emotion in my voice when really my heart was getting tighter as I told Blake. He shook his head.

“That boy is crazy” he muttered underneath his breath, I think he tried to say it low so then I didn’t hear. However, I don’t understand what he means anyway so it doesn’t make a difference. He stood up and came and sat next to me. “Come here” he said and wrapped his arms around me. “You know me and Jamie are your friends and from the other night I think Heidi is too” I nodded.

“Blake I don’t want pity from you or anyone just because I don’t have any friends at school well except one recently.” He pulled away from me to look at me.

“Oh ye and who’s this?” he asked.

“Rebekah... Jamie met her the other day.”

“Oh ye he kept that one a secret.” I laughed when he said that and thought back to Saturday when they had both met each other. “And by the way I wasn’t pitying you I was comforting you... big difference you get pity from strangers but comfort from your friends.”

I smiled at him “Thank you” he shrugged.

“Come on baby I’d do anything for you” I laughed at him whilst he winked and smiled at me.

We started to put all the pieces back underneath the hood. Blake stood back up when he finished connecting the pipes he was working with. There were just some pipes left that needed to be connected to the air filter but I knew how to do them.

“I’ll be back in a second I just want to see if I have any customers picking up tomorrow.” Blake said. I nodded at him.

“Ok I know how the rest connect anyway” he nodded and smiled at me. I watched him disappear into the office and started to connect all the pipes.

Jake’s POV

I opened the door quietly, so then the bell didn’t start ringing, and walked into the reception. I walked round the desk and sat down in the chair and started to close my eyes and think.

“Oh ye he kept that one a secret” I heard a male voice say from the garage part. I stood up quickly and walked near the door. “And by the way I wasn’t pitying you I was comforting you... big difference you get pity from strangers but comfort from your friends.” I heard the same male voice say. I slowly opened the door that lead to the garage from the reception and slowly slid through the gap.

“Thank you” I heard a soft, quiet female voice. I’d recognize that voice anywhere. I slowly turned around and saw a light on near the entrance of the garage and saw the same beat up car that Jamie was driving last week. But it wasn’t that that caught my attention it was that Blake was sat down, next to Hayden, on the floor with his arm wrapped around Hayden’s shoulders.

“Come on baby I’d do anything for you” I laughed. Usually Blake flirted with anyone but for some strange reason I could hear the playfulness in his voice. His flirting with Hayden was different to his flirting with Holly. I watched as they both started putting all of the parts back in the car and watched how Hayden would stand there and listen to Blake whilst he explained certain things to her. I watched how her eyes would narrow slightly and her eyebrows would kind of become one. She would bite the bottom of her lip now and again or lick her lips. After about half an hour Blake stood up from underneath the bonnet.

“I’ll be back in a second I just want to see if I have any customers picking up tomorrow.”

“Ok I know how the rest connect anyway” she said to him. He started to walk towards my hiding place so I moved slightly to the right further into the shadows so then he didn’t see me. I watched her for a while and how she concentrated so hard on what she was working on.

Come on Jake just ask her... what could go wrong... just ask her.

Hayden’s POV

I connected the second pipe to the air filter and started to tighten the bands around the pipes using a spanner.

“Hey” I heard a deep, alluring voice say from a distance. I stood up and looked in the distance and saw Mr Peterson stood there.

“Hey” I whispered. He started walking towards me until he was near the front of the car. “What are you doing here?” I asked him as I leaned back underneath the car and carried on tightening the bands around the pipes.

“I come here just to think.”

“Really about what?”

“Just things... Hayden w... willyoubeabletobabysitBrooketomorrownight?”

“What?” I asked standing up and looking at him as if he had two heads.

He took a deep breath “Will you be able to babysit Brooke tomorrow night?”

“Why?” I asked him.

“Well my mum and dad have to go out to a dinner with one of my dad’s clients and I have a kind of meeting for something.”

“Sorry I can’t I’m busy”

“My mum asked me to ask you... I’m not asking you”

“Oh... Ok... what time?”

“7:00... the problem is I’m not sure what time my meeting finishes.”

“Ok well it’s not like I have a curfew... my mum’s away.”

“Really where’s she gone?”

“Massachusetts” when I said that his eyes widened.

“Seriously... that far” I nodded “how long for?” I shrugged.

“I’m not sure she said the minimum is a week” he nodded.

“You know if you need anything my mum or dad will gladly help you” I nodded.

“I know”

“Oh hey Jake... when did you get here?” Blake asked him as he walked out of the office.

“Just now... I was... thinking” Mr Peterson told him.

“Oh right well me and Hayden was going to go now seeing as it’s...” he looked down at his watch. “11:30... wow I didn’t know it was that time” Blake started to walk towards me whilst I slammed the bonnet down on the car.

“What about the car?” I asked him.

“Don’t worry about it I’ll move it tomorrow” he started walking towards the door that we had come in before. “Jake are you using the reception?” he asked. Mr Peterson nodded at his answer whilst looking at me. “Goodnight Jake” Blake said as he walked out of the door.

“Goodnight” he replied.

“Goodnight Mr Peterson” I whispered.

“Goodnight Hayden” he whispered back with a small wave and a small smile.

I turned around and started walking towards the door that Blake held open as I walked out I could feel Mr Peterson’s eyes on my back. Blake closed the door after me and slung his arm around my shoulders.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t think he would be there” he said and looked really guilty for the incident.

I shrugged “Don’t worry about it if I want to be friends with you guys obviously I have to get used to seeing him around”

“I know but it couldn’t have helped”

“Blake seriously... Don’t worry about it” I climbed into the passenger side and started to play around with my phone to distract my mind from Mr Peterson. Me and Blake talked a little whilst he drove me home but I think he knew that I didn’t really want to talk.

“Thanks” I said as I climbed out of the car.

“Hey are you sure you’re ok?” he asked me before I closed the passenger door.

“I’ll be fine... goodnight.”

“Goodnight” I closed the door and started walking towards the front door. I unlocked it and turned around to wave at Blake as he watched me go into the house to make sure I was ok. When I closed the door I looked out the little window at the side of the door and watched him drive off. I don’t know how I was going to cope tomorrow when I go round and see him. Hopefully he will have gone and Emily and Alex will be their instead but knowing my luck he won’t have gone. Actually knowing my luck there might only be me, him and Brooke in the house... awesome. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it :)

Please please please Comment,

Fan,

Vote and 

Add to your library :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 60.3K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
738K 48.6K 57
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
2.4M 85.9K 61
"The Malhotra Brides" is a heart-warming tale that explores the emotional journey of two sisters, Aditi and Pragya, as they navigate their new lives...
784K 20.8K 43
Limited Time SALE: 40% off! Unlock the next part for 3 Coins or the whole story for 30 Coins only until May 5. While moonlighting as a stripper, Emer...