The Nobodies * Original Versi...

By AmberLeeH13

{Completed} Sylvie lives in the woods. She takes care of a pack of wolves and they protect her. that's the de... More

Preface *Edited
Chapter One *Edited
Chapter Two *Edited
Chapter Three *Edited
Chapter Four *Edited
Chapter Five *Edited
Chapter Six *Edited
Chapter Seven *Edited
Chapter Eight *Edited
Chapter Nine {Seth's POV} *Edited
Chapter Ten *Edited
Chapter Eleven *Edited
Chapter Twelve *Edited
Chapter Thirteen. *Edited
Chapter Fifteen {Seth POV} *Edited
Chapter Sixteen *Edited
Chapter Seventeen *Edited
Chapter Eighteen *Edited
Chapter Nineteen {Seth's POV} *Edited
Chapter Twenty *Edited
Chapter Twenty-One *Edited
Chapter Twenty-Two {Seth's POV} *Edited
Epilogue *Edited

Chapter Fourteen *Edited

10.8K 686 33
By AmberLeeH13

  © Amber Kalkes 2014 

*Song Of The Chapter: "Got It Bad" By Z Z Ward.

Chapter Fourteen: Discovery

My head was pounding like a tribal drum. Newman, the annoying beast, was hollering so loud I couldn’t escape it. He was of course chained with Silver chains, which of course I had to put on him, since Seth was kind of incapable. Of all the myths I was surprised that Silver was one of the few real ones.

I mean really? A simple metal allergy was all it took to take down a wolf boy?

After a bit I decided it was better to just hike it up the top level. It was a glass observatory kind of. A long time ago it had been a green house but since grandma had passed it just turned into my thinking spot. It didn’t help that when it came to plants I had the Midas touch of death.

Newman’s screaming was less noticeable up there. To drown out the rest of it I put on some Ramones on the sound system I had up there. For a little while I could forget that I had a giant pissed off were-man in my basement.

I’m sure your curious as to where Seth is. Well, Seth was off taking care of David and Bryce’s mutilated bodies. He said he was going to be out for an hour and then he’d be back. So that was how I got stuck with the hound dog crying all the time downstairs and me drowning him out upstairs. I didn’t really know exactly where he was going but I didn’t care to ask either.

I trust him.

Whoa. Where did that come from?

I trusted Seth? When did that happen?

I don’t know when but it was there and it felt…right. Like this was how I should have felt since the beginning. Like another missing puzzle piece was put into place. And that felt really, really, good.

A goofy kind of smile spread across my face. Did this mean I loved him? If not I was getting there. He was handsome, kind, strong, protective, and loving. He laughed at my crappy jokes and thought my car dancing was cute. He thought I was beautiful. He called me pet names and whenever he was with me everything felt like…magic.

Pun not intended.

Oh yeah I should probably clarify the whole “I’m a witch deal”. So here it goes, I am a witch. My mom and grandmother were as well but we’re not very powerful. My ancestor, the one who started the deal with the wolves was, at least that’s how the story goes.

A pack of dying wolves, which turned out to be werewolves now, came onto her land. She felt compelled to help them and keep them safe so she enchanted the land so no other wolves not belonging to the pack were allowed past without permission. It kept the wolves safe and in return they protected all the woman of her line.

Which was fine until grandma was attacked by one of them when she was a young woman. Fearing their intelligence and their feral instincts she bound our blood to theirs making it impossible for them to harm us. This was why I wasn’t afraid of that dickhead Alpha, Alek. He couldn’t harm me. As a member of the pack he was not physically able to harm anyone from my line.

So that was helpful in the current predicament.

Now back to the witch deal. I can do spells, charms, and energy balls but the latter takes a lot out of me. I also can read auras if I focus really hard. Nothing too impressive but handy in a situation where I’m physically in peril.

So there is that.

“You like the Ramones?”

I turned toward the door to see a tired looking and sweating Seth standing there. He had blood on his shirt and skin but he still looked fantastic. His hair was sticking up in different directions from the sweat creating sheen over his skin. He smelled great, too.

Yum.

Fuck yeah.

I smiled a little and nodded.

“I figured you to me more of a Fleetwood Mac fan.” He said, panting slightly.

Did he run all the way here?

“I do like them but I needed something to drown out Newman’s screaming. Guy has a set of lungs on him.” I admitted with a grimace.

He winced a bit. “Yeah, sorry about that, Love. I just needed to take care of the bodies but it’s all taken care of. Do you want to come down with me when I talk to him? Maybe you can shut him up better than me.”

I smirked a bit when an idea hit me. I hadn’t had any affection from Seth since that morning and it was starting to become evening now. I was feeling sort of neglected and I didn’t really like the feeling. Newman, Ethan, the dead Lackeys, Alek, everything kind of fell away in that moment. I needed Seth just to myself. I needed him to hold me just for a bit before reality came crashing back in.

“I need you to kiss me first.”

Seth blinked before a slow smile spread across his face. “I can do that.”

“Good.”

I barely got a full blink done before he swept me up bridal style and had his lips pressed to mine. His body felt was warm and sweaty and amazing against mine. His scent was everywhere around me as he held me close.

His mouth was soft but demanding against mine. He wanted entrance into my mouth pretty quick after setting those lips of his on me. Too bad for him I felt like being a bit of a tease. I clamped my mouth shut denying him entrance. He got more demanding and I felt his hand pull a little on a loose strand of hair making me gasp. He immediately swooped in like a hawk and collided his tongue with mine.

A soft moan escaped me while a low groan rumbled out of him. This was it. This was what I had been missing all day. That nibbling feeling of love began surfacing at the back of my brain the longer we stayed like this. It was mind numbing but body awakening and I loved every damn minute of it.

That was until the CD ended and Newman’s bellowing demands broke the moment. I really, really did not like Newman right then. Or really anytime but specifically right then. Bastard just had to ruin a good a make-out session didn’t he? Asshole.

“Lets deal with the prisoner.” Seth sighed.

 “Fine.”

He chuckled at the pout on my face. “I’ll make it up to you later alright, Sweetheart.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

I nodded satisfied. Still, he didn’t put me down instead he carried me down the steps all the while nuzzling into my neck. I couldn’t help but arch it a bit to give him more access to it. Then he started nipping at my mark. I almost punched the tease when he chuckled huskily in my ear making me clamp my legs tighter. It was wrong to be that sexy, wasn’t fair to the other men of the world.

“You tease me just as much, love. Don’t get mad just because I return the favor.”

I glared at him. “Yeah, but it’s cute when I do it.”

“Just as frustrating though.”

He had a point but I wasn’t going to tell him that.

As we entered the cellar entrance Seth put me down. The stairs were steep so Seth decided he should go behind me to catch me in case I fell. Apparently I was made of porcelain, which was news to me. The pissed off hollers emanating from the belly of the basement/cellar ended as soon as he heard us descending.

There in the darkness sat the burly Newman held to the concrete floor. Anchored by chains with a collar around his neck. His head was bloody and I noticed Seth had given him a bit more of a beating as well. Most likely for mouthing off since it seemed to be his forte.

“Well look who it is.” Newman snarled, curled lip and all. “The witch bitch and her guard dog.”

And so it begins.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8M 176K 38
NEW EDITION. REVISION IN PROGRESS *amateur writing. Not everyone's cup of tea.* "She turned her pain into power, her visions into victory." "Behind e...
4.5K 129 37
Brock is given a second chance not only to find himself, but his second chance mate. But what happens when his mate has a tragic past? Will they be a...
4.6K 520 31
"I said goodbye to Roze as I go to get my supplies. It's times like this that make me wonder... Maybe if my mother never gave me up I would be treate...
2K 135 31
Audrey just wants to be left alone to work on cars with her dad. She definitely doesn't want to be around the pack of werewolves that just moved into...