Love Complicates Everything

By bebechinadoll

***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I sugge... More

Chapter 1: College Life (Picture of Mikaila)
Chapter 2: So The Drama Begins (Picture of Zac)
Chapter 3: Mind Blowing (Picture of Hunter)
Chapter 4: Awkward Much? (Picture of Ethan)
Chapter 5: The Truth (Picture of AJ)
Chapter 6: Drowning My Sorrows (Picture of Maid of Honor Dress)
Chapter 7: Pleasantly Surprised (Picture of Loft)
Chapter 8: Full of Surprises (Picture of Engagement Ring)
Chapter 9: Rehearsal Dinner Disaster (Picture of Reese)
Chapter 10: Locked Up (Picture of Chad)
Chapter 11: Bachelor/Bachelorette Party (Pic of of Reese's Stripper!)
Chapter 12: Love It's Complicated (Pic of Mikaila's Hair)
Chapter 13: Fairytale Wedding (Picture of Gemma)
Chapter 14: WTH? (Picture of Taylor)
Chapter 15: Time Away
Chapter 16: Indecisive
Chapter 17: Frat Party...Pity Party
Chapter 18: Do You Plead Guilty...Or Not Guilty
Chapter 19: Say It Ain't So!
Chapter 21: Laughable Lie!
Chapter 22: Business Discussion
Chapter 23: Don't Wanna (Picture of Aunt Elisha)
Chapter 24: Drama in Paris (Picture of Elisha's Hunter)
Chapter 25: Not So Happy New Year
Chapter 26: All Grown Up (Picture of Alena)
Chapter 27: Fashion Show (Picture of Lillianna)
Chapter 28: Only The Beginning

Chapter 20: Atlantic City

20.7K 241 3
By bebechinadoll

Walking from the elevator towards The Pool, which just so happened to be an actual indoor pool area where they hosted their after dark club, we could hear the music pumping loudly.

Please, please, please...don't let me end up falling into the pool! Do you know how frigging embarassing that'll be?!? Knowing my luck...need I say more?

Why anyone would turn an indoor pool area into a club is beyond me! Drunk people mixed with pool area has disaster written all over it!

Woohoo Chad and Aiden were going to be getting lucky tonight! Just the way some of these girls were dressed screamed out skank...there were lots of legs, thighs, and even some serious butt cheeks on display!

Lord have mercy, it made me blush just looking at their barely there dresses that left nothing up to the imagination.

 I felt fully clothed in my beige one shoulder mini bandage dress with my matching heels! To think my dress came a little shorter than mid thigh and that's pretty damn short!

As Zac interlaced his fingers with mine, I managed a glance over at Reese, who was walking right next to me...then over my shoulder at Gemma with wide eyes and a WTH look on my face.

Their faces displayed the same look of shock? Did these females have no shame? Did their mother's not teach em to cover up their goodies...to make a guy work for what he wanted?!?

One of the perks of checking into the hotel is that we got free passes to The Pool...whoopee! I can only imagine how much it costs to get in.

"You're the hottest one here, beautiful." Zac whispered in my ear as he pulled me flush against him. We came to a stop at the back of the long line.

His minty fresh breath along with the smell of his cologne attacking my senses. Looking at him more carefully, he looked absolutely delectable tonight!

Zac was wearing a fitted black blazer and underneath that a tight white tee that accentuated his muscular chest, dark jeans and black boots. His hair gelled sleekly to the side....so drool worthy!

"Aww thanks baby. The same goes for you" I answered with a shy grin as I leaned in and trapped his lips into my own. His kisses sent the butterflies in my stomach fluttering about.

"Dayuuuuum." Aiden grunted through gritted teeth from somewhere to my right. "I want that one."

I pulled away from my kiss to roll my eyes at his promiscuous ways! Looking further down the line standing behind AJ, Reese, Gemma, and Alex were Tony, Ethan, Aiden and Chad.

The expressions on their faces were just a sight to laugh it, not being able to hold it in anymore I chuckled out loud.

Their eyes wide, lips were parted a bit as they let out a few low whistles...I'm surprised drool didn't drip out onto the floor..

We shuffled slowly towards the entrance and when we finally made our way in, the place was unlike anything I've ever seen. A huge pool sat in the middle of this indoor paradise with a jacuzzi off to the right side of it.

It was pitch black in here, the only form of lighting was from the pool and blue and purple strobe lights that illuminated the entire room.

People were strewn about dancing and mingling to the loud music. We all seemed to migrate towards the bar area wanting to get some alcohol into our systems so we could let loose.

Two hours later, Reese, AJ, Alex, and Gemma were dancing closeby, while the boys were off trying to score with some lucky lady for the night.

I was grinding against Zac to Dance Again by J.Lo and Pitbull, my earlier fears of falling into the pool a distant memory. His strong hands on each side of my waist as his chest was pressed tightly against my back.

We moved in one fluid motion as our hips swayed to the music. I wasn't completely drunk yet, but I was seriously getting there.

Zac's breath against my neck warmed me all over as he planted soft kisses from my exposed shoulder all the way to my earlobe.

"Mmmm, I love you so much." He murmured into my ear. I don't know if it was a mixture of the alcohol or the way our bodies were tangled together on the dance floor that caused me be so turned on by this as I spun around and kissed him passionately.

"I love you more." I mumbled against his lips as I stared into those familiar eyes that managed to melt my heart every time. I was jolted out of our romantic moment when I was bumped roughly by someone.

"Watch where you're going, frigging cow!" A female voice sneered in my direction. WTH? Watch where I'm going? I wasn't even moving, this fricking wench was the one that bumped me...and that voice...sounded all too damn familiar.

I spun around to come face to face with none other than the devil herself...the epitome of all my years of torture! There standing before me was Hailey...and boy oh boy did she look a mess!

The years have not been good to her...either that or she was strung out of some type of drugs. The look of recognition crossed her face as her eyes lit up and her face scrunched in disgust.

"You!" She slurred swaying from side to side. "I hate you, you ruined my life!" She screamed loudly and then proceeded to throw her drink in my face.

The initial shock of cold liquid being thrown in your face stuns you for a moment...but I managed to recover quickly.

"Listen bitch, no one ruined your life...you did that all on your own." I screamed over the music as I wiped away some of liquid from my face.

Thankfully it was clear, she would've been so dead if she stained my dress! I could see Reese and Gemma standing close to my right with AJ and Alex, Zac's arms were wrapped around my waist.

Some other people closeby stopped dancing to watch the drama unfold. Geez, there's never a dull moment I thought to myself as I stood there glaring at her.

Next thing I knew Hailey reached out to shove me, I saw it coming and so did Zac so he pulled me a step to the side.

It was as though the next thing happened in extra slow motion as Hailey came barreling forward and lost her footing...then she went plumeting into the pool!

My first instinct was to reach my hand down to help her, but for what? It's not like she would take it anyways...and besides she's lucky she fell into the shallow end.

Laughter tore out of my throat as we stood and watched her come up spluttering for air, the look of surprise written clearly across her face. Ha! That's what you get witch!

"C'mon beautiful, let's get you upstairs so we can get you outta that dress." Zac smirked wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

The next morning we all decided to meet up and go to the buffet for breakfast before hitting the casino floor.

"Ugh...my head is killing me." Aiden said as he slumped into the booth grabbing his head with both his hands.

I reached into my pocketbook and grabbed a few advils. "Here, take these. You should know never to leave home without em Mr. Bartender." I advised as I rubbed his back in a soothing manner.

"Yoooo, was that Hailey I saw fall into the pool last night?!?" Chad said cracking up as he shoved a forkful of eggs into his mouth.

This seemed to attract Aiden's attention as his head snapped up in surprise. "Hailey? You guys saw her here?" Awww I guess he still has a soft spot in his heart for his old best friend.

"That witch threw her drink in Kaila's face, had the nerve to say she ruined her life. Then tried to attack her, that's when she fell into the pool." Gemma explained the story animatedly waving her hands around.

This caused Chad to laugh even harder, "Classic! I would've killed to had front row seats! I just caught a glimpse when I heard the splash."

"Wow, she's really gone downhill." Aiden said shaking his head in disappointment. "My mom told me she dropped out of college and was busy partying it up. Hasn't been in touch with her family for months now."

She dropped out of college? Was it really that serious that she gave up all her hopes and dreams in life to party? That girl was definitely short a few screws, not right in the head.

"So when are you guys coming back?" I asked leaning forward in my seat to look at Reese who was further down the table.

Reese, AJ, Tony, and Chad were all going to their Thanksgiving dinners with the families. The rest of us were going to stick around here at the casino.

"We'll be back by tenish tonight." She smiled and nodded in Chad's direction making sure he was back at that time too, "Don't wanna miss hitting up the other clubs."

"Any of you guys get lucky last night?" Alex asked wiggling his eyebrows and grinning which caused Gemma to slap him playfully.

"A gentleman never tells." Aiden said with a smirk. Which only means one thing, he got lucky last night.

"I'll second that." Tony said with a sheepish grin. Chad and Ethan just shook their heads and laughed.

We finished up breakfast and said bye to everyone who was leaving for now. The rest of us wanted to try our luck on the casino floor. Gemma and I wanted to play slots, while the guys went off to play at the poker tables.

"Win big baby!" I cheered giving Zac a good luck kiss.

"Good luck beautiful." Zac whispered against my lips, he hugged me back tightly and playfully smacked my butt. "For good luck." He smirked, before Gemma grabbed my hand and dragged me off towards the slots.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 8.3K 49
*Book 2 of the Saint J's Boys* "Please," Logan gave me a heartwarming smile. "Call me Lo." "Alright," I crossed my arms over my chest. "What's your s...
2K 49 56
[⚠ UNDER MAJOR EDITING ⚠] "W-why did you leave me?" I asked tears streaming down my face. "I'm sorry! I had to! I had no choice!" "Do you have any i...
453K 20.4K 50
Second book of 'The Nerd Can Fight' Series *You'll need to read the first book to understand this one* After Adam's memory loss, Cassandra struggled...
14.8K 1K 19
She'd die for love. He didn't believe in love. *** From reading The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood, to watching 10 Things I Hate About You, to list...