Alaska || Auston Matthews

By madeinthezm

We've all heard of Auston Matthews. He's the rookie that everyone who considers themselves a sports fan is ta... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
ALASKA'S PLAYLIST
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
ALASKA'S PLAYLIST 2.0
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
I ain't dead
twenty five
twenty six

nineteen

3.4K 59 18
By madeinthezm

ALASKA

Toronto! 

I never thought I'd say this, but I really missed this city. I know that it's only been a few days, but I am more than ready to sleep in my own bed. Plus, I really want to get my graduation straightened out so I can start applying to colleges and finally be done with high school.

Our last day in California was spent on the beach swimming and napping with a stop at an ice cream shop on our way back to the hotel. The Leafs flew back on a private plane while Steph, Carly, and I flew back by ourselves. The flight went pretty smoothly, seeing as though I was asleep for most of it. Thankfully, I got the window seat and the other two didn't talk a lot, so I was able to get a few hours of sleep in. 

Steph drove Carly and I home after we landed and took a few pictures in celebration. I opted for one awkward picture because I was groggy jet-lagged. However, Steph still managed to get me to post it on Instagram.

@alaskamay: home sweet home away from home

Tagged: @stephlachancee & @carlyyvalentine

3,126 likes | 21 comments

@marner_93: what animal died for that coat

@carlyyvalentine: I can't believe you like this weather :(

@alaskamay: @carlyyvalentine :)

@43kadri: stop following me

@alaskamay: @43kadri pretty sure you're following me 

@adamvin: come home!

@austonmatthews: you have holes in your pants

@alaskamay: @austonmatthews I'm glad you're so observant

@sydneyesiason: cutie cutie

@stephlachancee: glad you woke up long enough to take this pic

@carlyyvalentine: ^yeah, you would be still on that plane if we hadn't woken you up

@alaskamay: @stephlachancee @carlyyvalentine sheesh, I was tired, ok?

@stephlachancee: yeah, tired from sleeping all the damn time

As soon as I got home, I went straight to my room and got right in bed. I woke up a few hours later to eat something and change my clothes, but ultimately went back to sleep. In hindsight, this probably wasn't the best plan because now it's midnight and I'm wide awake. I tried everything to help me fall asleep so I could just sleep through the night, but nothing is working. 

I tried texting Carly, but she's either ignoring me or asleep because I haven't heard back from her. Lying on my back in a lethargic heap, I contemplate going for a walk. It seems great in theory, but it's also not the safest idea I've come up with. Given Carly's lack of communication, I decide to text Steph.

are you up

Steph: no

ok

Steph: why

I can't sleep

Steph: good for you?

can I please come over

Steph: but I'm hanging with Mitchy

I'm used to third wheeling :)

Steph: lemme ask Mitch

*Steph added Mitch to the group*

Mitch: what

can I come over

Mitch: no

please!! I can't sleep

Mitch: how is that my problem

I'll ring your doorbell all night if you don't let me come over

or sit outside with a blowhorn

Mitch: you wouldn't

Steph: mitch, you know she will

listen to your girlfriend

Mitch: fine. it's movie night anyway

YAY THANK YOU! BE OVER IN 10

Mitch: no really, take your time

As soon as I get the okay from them, I roll out of my bed and slip on a pair of leggings to go with the baggy crewneck I am already wearing. I don't even bother with my appearance beyond the basics and slip on a pair of UGGs. Then, as gracefully as possible, I stumble down the stairs and collect my keys from the table that sits in the foyer. 

The Jeep's engine purrs to life with one turn of the key and chugs along as I drive the familiar route to Steph and Mitch's place downtown. Dark shadows of skyscrapers and a few lone pedestrians whiz by, while my frozen car attempts to blow warm air.

However, by the time I pull up to Mitch and Steph's building, the heat is no longer needed. I turn the key once more, this time killing the engine. After a small sigh and glance over my shoulder, I tumble out of the SUV and jog over to the entrance to the building. Warm air greets my numb limbs as I step into the lobby and race to catch a closing elevator. I slip inside just in time and select the appropriate floor number from the panel on the wall.

A minute and a half of staring at my distorted reflection later, the doors open, revealing Mitch and Steph's front door. Sluggishly, I walk over to the large wooden door and ring the doorbell. Silence overtakes the hallway as my eyes glaze lazily over the dark carpet beneath my feet. 

The heavy door is soon swung open to reveal a groggy-looking Steph, decked out in her flannel pajamas with a fluffy blanket draped over her shoulders. She manages a small smile before stepping to the side and motioning for me to come in. I smile back at her and step inside the dimly lit condo, eyes going straight to the living room. 

Steph follows my gaze and shuffles into the living room with me right behind her. Mitch lifts his head up from its place on a pillow to see me. Steph immediately flops onto the couch and snuggles back into Mitch. Mitch shoots me one of his signature goofy smiles before breaking the sleepy silence.

"Can't sleep?" he asks, glancing over my appearance before placing a protective arm around Steph.

"Yeah, I did it to myself, though," I say, nodding sadly. Steph turns her head, showing that she is, indeed, awake. 

"Maybe if you didn't sleep for like fifteen hours straight, you'd be able to sleep," she says knowingly. I roll my eyes but decide against defending myself. Instead, I meet Mitch's gaze and shrug my shoulders. 

"Well, you're here now, aren't you? You can take the armchair or you can snuggle with sleepy over there," he says, pointing first to the oversized leather chair and then to the couch, I stood beside. I furrow my eyebrows and glance down at the couch to see what he meant by 'sleepy over there.'

The correct term should be who he meant by 'sleepy over there' because there on the fluffy white couch, laid none other than Auston Matthews. Luckily, he was sound asleep with his mouth parted slightly to allow soft snores to be audible. His hair is a mess, sprawled across his forehead and the pillow stuffed under his head. I glance from Mitch to the sleeping Leaf on the couch, questioningly. 

"He showed up an hour ago and just crashed on the couch with no explanation. We don't have the will or energy to kick him out," Mitch explains. I nod, then pad across the hardwood floor and flop onto the big leather chair, sinking into the cushion. I curl up in a ball and lay my head on the arm of the chair.

For the first time since I got here, I glance up at the TV. It takes me a minute, but I finally recognize the film as Hush. Fortunately, I've already seen this, or else I'd be scared as shit. I always am with scary movies and I hate them for that reason. I'd much rather watch a comedy or musical. In fact, musicals have to be my favorite kind of movie. I'm a shit singer, but I love singing along anyway, much to my family and friends' dismay. 

Relaxing, I lazily gaze at the thriller that flashes across the screen. The room is peaceful other than the music from the movie and soft snores from Auston and now Mitch. A weight I didn't even know was on my shoulders is released as I feel my whole body relax and melt into the leather of the chair.

The idea of sitting out on the balcony makes its way through my mind, but a sudden rush of fatigue shoots it down. Instead, I continue to mindlessly stare at the bright screen, attempting to hold back snarky comments about how dumb the characters are. I mean, why would you live alone in the woods, first of all, but why would you live alone and deaf in the woods? Hell, I wouldn't live alone in the woods if I got paid to.

The movie drags on, my incessant urge to comment on everything vanishing alongside whatever energy I had stored up from my day of sleep. I spot the remote on the coffee table a foot or so away and reach for it. I quickly press the power button, then set the remote back on the wooden table. Returning to my curled up position in the chair, I try to fall asleep. However, my knees start to ache from being bent so much, so I stretch them out in an attempt to get comfortable. But of course, my legs are too long and just slide off the slippery material of the chair. 

I huff in annoyance and slide out of the chair, plopping down on the floor in a glorious heap. I grab a pillow and blanket off the chair, starting to set up a makeshift bed. Contrary to what you may be thinking, it is quite comfy. My back rests on the couch while I adjust the blanket so that my whole body is covered. Once satisfied with my sleeping arrangements, I shut my eyes and once again, fall asleep.

I don't know how long I slept, but know it's not for nearly as long as I need. Now, I would have kept sleeping and fulfilled my sleep quota for the night if it weren't for a huge amount of weight falling on top of me. 

My eyes jolt open as soon as whatever it was lands on me. I try to sit up and get out from underneath of it, but my hips were pinned to the ground. My eyes flash to my lower half to see a mess of brown waves and their tall owner sprawled on me in a disorderly lump. Brown eyes meet mine with a smirk, causing me to groan. 

"Could you move?" I ask, sounding ruder than I originally intended. He stares back at me with widened chocolate colored eyes.

"Could I get a good morning kiss?" he asks in reply, smirk growing every second.

"In your dreams, Matthews," I snort, struggling to break free.

"That's interesting. You were in my dreams last night, but you definitely weren't kissing me good morning," Auston says suggestively, emitting an involuntary eye roll from me. 

"Yeah, I don't need the details," I say, holding up a hand to halt him from any further elaboration. He shrugs, still crushing me from the waist down. 

"Okay, seriously, though. Get up," I demand.

"What's the magic word?" 

"What are you? Four years old?" I question somewhat seriously. 

"Nope. Just turned seven," he fires back with a grin.

"Fine. Please get off me," I repeat my demand, this time adding the 'magic word.'

"Wrong magic word. Try again," he says, completely amused by this situation.

"Cut the shit and please get off. I can't feel my legs," I whine.

"Is that a fat joke?" he asks, clutching his chest in mock offense. 

"Yes, definitely," I reply, chuckling a bit, despite my best efforts. I really hate that he's funny.

"Fine," he sighs, rolling onto the floor beside me, "but I only caved because I have practice in half an hour."

I fold my legs and sit criss cross, glancing over at the other couch that contains the lovely couple. They are both still sound asleep, obviously not disturbed from Auston's tumble from the couch to me. Auston stands up, making him seem like a giant from my position on the floor. He walks over to the couch and shakes Mitch awake. 

"What the fuck do you want?" Mitch grumbles angrily, clearly pissed by his shortened sleep. 

"We got practice in half an hour, smart stuff," Auston says, stretching his arms out. Mitch groans loudly, causing Steph to stir in her sleep but thankfully, not wake up. He then carefully removes himself from the couch and stands next to Auston.

"Morning, Mitch," I greet with a small wave. He smiles then frowns when he realizes I'm on the ground. 

"Why are you on the floor?" he asks, puzzled. 

"I couldn't fall asleep on the chair, so I just slept down here," I explain, gesturing to the ground. 

"You could have slept in the guest room," he says, chuckling. I shrug, not even realizing that possibility until now. 

"It's fine. It was comfortable until Auston fell on me," I say, nodding my head in Auston's direction.

"How was I supposed to know you would be laying on the ground right in front of the couch?" he asks, bringing up a good point. All I do is roll my eyes and scoot back so that I am able to lean against the couch.

"Well, we should head out. You good here with Steph?" Mitch asks, motioning to the sleeping blonde. I nod and flash him a thumbs up.

"Good. We'll be back in a few hours. Feel free to get something to eat. Just a warning, though, we never have food," Mitch adds. 

"Thanks, I'm sure I can figure something out," I laugh. He shrugs and follows Auston over to the front door. Mitch throws me a quick wave and then slips into the hall while Auston looks over his shoulder and sends me a short wink before joining Mitch outside. 

I swear, that boy is impossible.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Author

Short and shitty... sorry! I've been lacking creativity lately, so if you have any ideas for things to come, let me know!

Also, how about them Leafs, though?! Leading the series??? What??!?!?! I really thought the Pens were going to sweep Colombus, but that, of course, would have been too easy.

Anyway.... thank you so much for the crazy number of reads!!!! 5,200?? I remember when this had 20 reads and I thought it was the greatest thing in the world lol.

Hope you guys had a good Easter/Passover/Spring break, but all good things must come to an end :(

Happy Tuesday loves!! Have a great day :)

xx- Emily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 9.8K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
428K 25.9K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.1M 38.2K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...