The Sheikh And The Redhead

By rutimabe

The dictionary's​ definition of fiesty is: Full of animation, energy, or courage; spirited; spunky; plucky: i... More

Prologue
Coffee And Crap
Interview
No Chance
First Day At Work
So Not Me

Under Estimated

238 15 1
By rutimabe

Amber

Well Sheikh what's his name did get it wrong about one thing I didn't get a phone call from any government agency, demanding I go and work for him, I did however get a visit from two clones.

Just as I had finished tidying away the clutter that somehow had managed to accumulate in my bedroom, that is the clothes I had left lying around because I found it easier to step over them than spend time picking them up, but sooner or later the pile got to big so I had a set to and put everything away, as mess was another pet hate of my brothers.

There was a knock on the door and there stood these two guys who immediately had me thinking 'The Blues Brothers'

"Yes" I enquired peering through the small gap the security chain afforded me.

"Miss Mckenna, Miss Amber Mckenna?" The gruff voice of the slightly smaller guy asked.

"Maybe, depends who's asking" putting my foot against the door ready to slam it shut if they tried to force it.

With well practiced moves the two beefcakes pulled out and flipped open small leather wallets displaying their identities, then the guy on the right the slightly taller one decided he needed to elaborate on.

"Agent Steele and agent Copper from PSG" he indicated who was who with his left hand.

"PSG?" I couldn't help but blurt out. "Never heard of them, hey! hang on aren't they a French soccer team"

"No not French anything and you wouldn't have heard of us, we are not in the public eye usually, may we come in or.."

He left the rest of the sentence hanging, but I got his meaning, so wanting to keep my door on its hinges, I sighed and shut the door, released the chain and let them enter.

They casually walked into my brothers small humble abode glancing around again with well trained moves just in case I had a psychotic killer hidden in the bookcase.

"Well." I questioned standing in the lounge doorway with my arms folded watching as they continued to assess the danger my lounge presented them.

"You're safe I've given the terrorists the day off, so please tell me why you are here"

"As we said, we are with the PSG and are here at the express wishes of the President" I think it was Steele that spoke.

"President, what the President of the golf club, asking me to renew my membership, no wait I've got it president of the Dodgers wanting me to play for the team, no I'm to good for them, so it must be the President of MIB" I was waffling, but hey I was happy, sort of.

"No Miss McKenna the President of the United States"

"Haha, that's a good one I hadn't thought of that one" I chuckled perhaps they had a sense of humour after all.

Except they didn't laugh or smile, just stood there with blank expressions on their faces.

They turned to stare at me one either side of the room causing me to move my head back and forth to keep an eye on them both.

"Well we are here on a matter of the upmost importance and urgency and this matter concerns you" the shorter one who I think was the one called Copper.

"Figures" I muttered under my breath.

"You see" he continued completely ignoring my jibe.

"We understand that you and Sheikh Kalib Amil Mohammed are well acquainted with each other." He probed.

"If you mean have I met the egotistical Jerk, who thinks he can control my life with threats and intimidation then yes we've met"

"Good, you see we, that is the U.S government would really like you to take up his highness's generous offer of working for him in the capacity of his personal assistant"

"You are kidding me right, work for that arrogant, demeaning, self righteous...."

And before I could continue my assault of the good sheikhs character, Steele or the taller one butted in.

"You see Miss McKenna it would greatly help the government and the President if you would do this small favour for us and to show our appreciation your outstanding college fees and unpaid credit card balance will, let's say, they will go away and not bother you anymore, if you do this small favour for us"

"Hang on a sec, are you seriously trying to bribe me, to work for that self centred ignoramus?" I asked incredulously.

"Not at all Miss" agent Copper seemed a little put out by my accusations.

"Merely offering you an incentive, call it a signing up bonus if you wish"

"So let me get this straight, the President of the United States sent you two metal workers to tell me you are willing to pay off all my debts, provided I agree to work with him and pray tell me how long would I be expected to sacrifice my life, up until I kill him?"

"Well Miss, hopefully you won't do that and there is no length of time specified probably about a year"

"A year!" I almost shouted.

"Are you out of your frigging mind, you expect me not to have committed manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibly before then, the guy drives me nuts and, and..."

"AND!" Butted in Steele. "A quarter of a million dollars a year salary "

Talk about taking the wind out of your sails, that last bit did that and sunk my boat as well.

"And a quarter of a million a year" I repeated incredulously.

The clone twins nodded in unison.

I for once was lost for words and when the power of speech returned I needed clarification.

"So you're saying if and that's a big if! I work for Sheikh what's his face"

I watched as they cringed at my name calling.

"The president of the United States is going to pay off my debts and this sheikh dude is going to pay me a quarter of a mill?"

Again in unison they nodded.

I looked around in an exaggerated way, while the guys looked on puzzled.

"I'm waiting to see who's gonna jump out, laugh and tell me I've been pranked" I clarify.

"I can assure you Miss Mckenna this is no prank, The President though he is not directly paying for it, but it comes with his backing and as for the paycheck that is what Sheikh Mohammed is offering you with a ten percent yearly increase"

At this point I needed to sit down as my head was spinning and I was feeling awfully lightheaded.

"Are you all right Miss McKenna, you seem a bit pale?" Taking a step closer Copper leaned forward with a concerned expression on his face.

"Well you know, its a daily chore I have to contend with, the President of the United States wants me to work for this sheikh, and this uber rich shiekh wants me to work for him as well, add to that he wants to pay me a king's ransom each year for a complete novice, who knows as much about being a PA as building a nuclear missile out of a toothpaste tube, so pray tell me what's to get stressed about"

Copper straightened up and smirked.

"You're feeling better then, the sarcasm has returned"

"So what happens if I refuse?" I looked from one to the other.

"Well for one the President will be disappointed, along with the government and possible a number of business people, a few million of the population, the sheikh himself of course, though I don't think he will give up on you"

Steele stopped ticking off the reason on his fingers and I could feel him staring at me through his dark glasses.

"And of course Copper and I will be extremely upset"

"Oh well that's it then, I have no choice, I wouldn't want to disappoint you and Copper now would I?"

"So you accept then" a slightly eager tone in Steele voice being apparent.

"Yes" I drew out with a sigh.

"I accept"

Oh come on I may be a bit thick, but I'm not totally stupid, of course I'm gonna say yes, who wouldn't?

A quarter of a mill to nursemaid a spoilt royal brat for a year, hell I could do that, even if I survive a month without causing him a disability, that would be more money than I had ever earnt in a year anyway right, so what if he finds out I know next to nothing about being his personal assistant, I had warned him before hand, so to me it was a win-win.

So bring it on, let's earn some serious money while I can, before I get fired.

If only I knew what was in store for me, perhaps I am totally stupid after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...