His Sick Mate

By Squarely_Asleep

Rhiannon Davis, is sick. Not only does she get bloody noses like it is a regular runny nose, but she also cou... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
Epilogue
New Book

Epilogue #2

13K 315 50
By Squarely_Asleep

"Baby we built this house
of memories take my picture now,
shake it till you see it."
-Panic! At The Disco (House of Memories)

I layed my head on Balthazar's back as we watched the two little wolf cubs play with each other.
Their fur was white with a little bit of black, resembling mine.
Even though they were barely six years old, the normal shifting age for an alpha pup, their wolfs were roughly the size of a red fox.

My tail swayed back and forth as I readjusted my head on Balthazar's back.

The two pups ran over to us and both snuggled between Balthazar and I. The smaller wolf lagged closer to Balthazar, seeking protection. The two wolves, barely two feet in height seemed tiny next to Balthazar's seven foot frame and my six foot frame.

"I love this." I mind linked Balthazar, while licking his ear.

"Me too."

"I can't wait for the other pup to arrive." I sighed into the mind link. I was two month pregnant, halfway though the pregnant. We were waiting on another boy.
We stayed like that for another half hour until o heard two rumbles from my pups stomachs. Make that three because of Balthazar.

"Let's go, I'll make some food." I mind linked Balthazar again, and  we got up, the pups running behind us to catch up.

We have mined into our own house. It was close to the pack house but gave us privacy as well.
It is a beautiful wooden house with two floors to it.

We walked in and we led the kids into their rooms to shift, and Balthazar and I went into our own room.
Once we shifted we got dressed and went to collect the kids.

My hair has grown out and so I did a quick half ponytail so it wouldn't get in the way. It was also very wavy which I liked a lot.

Maximus, being the sting independent boy he is demanded he didn't need to be picked up and walked to the kitchen himself, chest puffed out and head held up proudly.

Valencia on the other hand, came up to Balthazar, hands outstretched and puppy eyes on display. She is absolutely adorable so Balthazar of course, couldn't resist his little princess and hoisted her up on his hip.
She's as a daddy's girl.

We walked down to the kitchen where Maximus was already seated patiently waiting for food on the window couch.

"What's for lunch mommy?" Val asked in her little baby voice.

"I don't know honey. What do you and Max want?" I asked, looking between both of them.

They looked at each other for a few seconds before saying in unison;
"Pasta with Alfredo!"

"Ah of course. I should have guessed." I laughed. This is their favorite food.

I set the water to boil and then watched as my mate showed some "magic" tricks to our kids who sat and watched in a trans.

He pretended to swallow a piece of candy then got up and walked over to me.

"Now watch." He said, giving me a peck then parting his lips, the candy between his teeth.

"Ta da!" He said with jazz hands.

Max and Val squealed in delight at the trick and then asked for more.
I dropped the pasta into the boiling water and stirred it when the doorbell went off.

"I'll go see who it is." I said, setting the spoon down and walking towards the door.
I also squealed in delight when I saw who was behind the door.

There stood Eliza with her mate Eli who is the head warrior in this pack. Their four month old girl was held by Eli as Eliza stood there with her hands opened wide.

"Liz!" I said hugging her. I gave Eli a gentle hug , taking my goddaughter from him and leading them into the kitchen.

"Wow did you give birth already?" Balthazar teased when he saw baby Lila in my arms.

"Oi shut up. If I did your hand would probably be broken again by now." I said and Balthazar cringed at the memory.

Eli and him exchanged hellos, and the kids were super exited about their aunt being here.

We all gathered for lunch and ate together, well except for Lila because she fell asleep.
I looked around the table realizing that this is also my family.

------

I watched at the two kids played with the little boy who payed on his back on the floor, giggling away.

I walked over and picked the still giggling boy up.

"Alright guys it's time for me to feed him now." I said to Max and Val.

"Mommy can we have a snack too?" Max asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Yes you can. Go to the kitchen and pick something from the pantry." I said and before I could finish the two ran passed me.

As I arrived at the kitchen I saw Max reaching for a bag of little muffins. It was pretty high up and I'm surprised he could reach it.

"It's the last one. You can have it Val I'll just eat the fruit snack." He said, handing Val the chocolate muffins and then taking a bag of Welch's fruit snacks.

"We can share. There are four, two for you and two for me." Val said in her small voice, making Max grin.

"Okay. You can have half of my fruit snack then." He said and then took a seat at the dinner table.

"That is very nice what you did right now Max and Val. I am very proud of you." I grinned at them and set baby Andreas on the high chair. He giggled and clapped his little hands when he saw his food. Because werewolf babies develop faster, at his four months he was already eating baby oatmeal, whereas human babies are introduced to it at eight months.

"I'm back!" A voice called from the hallway and I got all jittery immediately.

"Hey guys, what are y'all up to?" Balthazar asked once he walked into the kitchen.

"Mommy is feeding Andre, and Val and I are having a snack." Max explained to his father.

"Wow. I think it won't hurt to have a snack with you guys. I haven't eaten all day since I woke up. And that meeting. Phew boring." Balthazar said in a voice and with gestures and made the kids giggle.

He went to the fridge, giving me a kiss on the way, and took out leftover chicken casserole. He put it in the microwave, before sitting down at the table with the kids. He gave them a weird look.

"What's up with this snack right here? Chocolate muffins and fruit snack. That's a weird combination."

"Well Val wanted the muffins but this was the last pack so I said she could have it. I took fruit snacks for myself but then Val said that we could share the muffins and o said that we could share the fruit snacks." Max explained proudly. Val just nodded, mouth full with a muffin.

"You ran out of muffins? What a tragedy! We'll have to get some more later today!" Balthazar exclaimed. Him and the kids loved their muffins.

"You can go when you're done with your snack. I'll have time to make dinner then." I said while feeding another spoon of the oatmeal to Andre.

"Sounds like a plan." Balthazar said, eating some more casserole.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 66 33
Once a mighty werewolf, fierce and free, now lost in her human skin. A silver plague stole her memories, stole her truth, leaving her searching for...
6K 166 24
She was a human, clueless to the supernatural world. She worked helping troubled youth, and loved helping people. She had chronic illnesses, and was...
1.2M 34.5K 35
When you live your life in fear how will you turn out? Jillian Sadem might be an Alpha's daughter, but social anxiety runs her life. She always look...
38.5K 1K 64
Bella was a beautiful 15 year old girl /werewolf. She was about to turn 16 and she was excited to meet her mate so they could live happily.But when s...