The Gilbert Sister // The Vam...

By Miatmk

• 2nd book of The Gilbert Sister series • (S2) Torn between whats right and wrong Damons choices might just g... More

• The Return •
• Brave New World •
• Bad Moon Rising •
• Memory Lane •
• Plan B •
• Masquerade •
• Rose •
• Katerina •
• The Sacrifice •
• By the Light of the Moon •
• The Descent •
• Daddy Issues •
• Crying Wolf •
• The Dinner Party •
• The House Guest •
• Know Thy Enemy •
• The Last Dance •
• Klaus •
Authors note
• The Last Day •
• The Sun Also Rises •
• As I Lay Dying •
Important!

• Kill or be Killed •

14.6K 405 112
By Miatmk

Chapter Five

"I can't believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf," Jeremy said from behind me. I sighed and turned around pointing my toothbrush at him.

"No Jeremy," I said. I put on a mean face, but he didn't fall for it.

"Aw is my twin sis trying to be scary" Jeremy laughed.

"I'm not trying; I am scary!" I said, he just shook his head. "Jeremy I don't want you in any of this"

"Yeah sure," he said as he scoffed "I'm already in this," he said pointing to his ring.

"Mhm whatever" I walked out the bathroom letting him get ready. As I made my way into my room I see Stefan sitting on my bed.

"Oh god, why are you here?" I asked going over to my dresser fixing my messy bed head.

"Well hello to you too," he said smirking looking at me from the mirror.

"What is it with you Salvatore men and your smirking?" I said. Stefan laughed shaking his head.

"I just came to check up on you," he said getting up from the bed and walking towards me.

"Didn't you and Elena break up?" He nodded, but I didn't miss the slight hesitation there.

"So why are you here in my room?" I turned around to him standing just a few feet away from me.

"Because I was worried about you," He said that without hesitation.

"Stefan, what happened with you and Elena?" I asked. "I thought you loved each other"

"We do. We care about each other, that's why it's better if we stay apart for a while" he said looking down at me.

"Caroline told me you guys had a big fight," I said and he nodded confirming it. "Are we gonna talk about how Katherine compelled me" I shivered because it still freaks me out.

"I'm sure that she was just messing with me and you. She likes playing games" He cringed at his own words, hating just the thought of Katherine touching Nina. "She wants us freaked out" I wrapped my arms around Stefan's shoulders which causes him to immediately tense.

"Sorry I just needed a hug," I say and he relaxes at my words.

He pulls me closer hugging me tightly. "Don't be sorry" after a few long seconds I let go.

"Go talk to her Stefan," I said smiling "or you will regret it" I pushed my hair behind my ear.

"You sure you are ok?" He asked again his eyes roaming my face.

"Yes," I lied straight through my teeth.

Another damn founders party an excuse for everyone to get drunk. I helped out Mason with some boxes, of course, he only let me carry the lighter ones. "Mason, how's Tyler?" I asked. I haven't seen Tyler in a while. I missed our old friendship. But, after what happened I couldn't face him anymore.

"You know he told me what happened," Mason said looking down at me.

"He did?" I was surprised.

"That asshole tells me everything" He sighs shaking his head "He is always thinking about it ya know," he said grabbing an even heavier box than the last one.

"Yea is that why he's sleeping around" I smiled sweetly expressing my annoyance towards him.

Mason chuckled "When did you get so sassy?"

"Please, I was born sassy" I grabbed another box, but I didn't expect it to be as heavy as it was. My body went down with it, but Mason put his hands on my waist holding me up as the box fell to the ground.

"Oh my gosh I- I'm so clumsy," I said feeling uncomfortable in his hands.

"You ok?" Mason asked.

"Yea thank you for catching me," I said going to the ground to pick the box up.

"Wait I'll get it," he said grabbing a second box in his hand.

"You wait here I'll be back" I nodded and sat on the edge of his trunk under the shade.

I looked behind me to see Damon and Stefan talking. I smiled and went over to them. "Hello there" they smiled at me and the look in their eyes was the same. My heartbeat when I looked at both of the Salvatore brothers standing in front of me.

"Did you know about their little faux fight?" Damon asked me.

"What?" I looked at Stefan confused.

"Just drop it, Damon," Stefan said glaring at him.

"What does he mean Stefan?" I asked and he just shrugged.

"Ooo lemonade" Damon picked up and cup and handed one to me. He took one for himself and took a huge gulp. Suddenly Damon spits the lemonade out of his mouth.

"Damon?" I looked at him with worry.

"What's wrong with you?" Stefan asked.

Damon started to choke and fell into a chair. "Vervain!" He said, and I gasped.

"Stefan we have to help him!" Stefan grabs my hand and pulls me away from Damon.

"Nina stay back" Stefan whispers to me, I understand and step away from Damon

"I'm gonna kill him!" Damon jumps up but Stefan grabs him and pushes him down.

Damon fights against Stefan's grip "Listen! Stop just listen!" Stefan says trying to calm him. I haven't seen Damon this violent in a while. He was furious.

"Damon sit down you have to calm down!" I said grabbing his hand lightly. Damon gripped my hand tightly making me wince, which me noticed. He let go immediately not wanting to hurt me.

"We have to kill him or he will expose us!" Damon hits the table.

Stefan nodded towards the woods "He's going in the woods come on" I followed them and they turned around shaking their heads.

"No way," Damon said shaking his head. "It's too dangerous," He says making me scoff. Like I haven't been through worse.

"He is right Nina," Stefan said.

"I don't care what if something happens to you guys!" They looked at each other. I was the only one who would be able to escape and call for help.

"Ok, but stay behind a tree or something," Damon said.

I hide behind some tree while Stefan and Damon corner Mason. I sighed why does he have to be the bad guy? I think to my self.

"Oh don't look so surprised" I hear Damon say.

"You know this was gonna happen," Stefan said.

"Go ahead and run" I could hear the smirk on Damons face. "I'll give you a head start"

Suddenly a gun went off. I gasped as I heard Damon groan and fall to the floor. I scream and run to my friends. "Nina no!" I hear Stefan warn me.

Another shot rang through the woods. I felt a searing burn in my shoulder. I scream in pain. There it is again. I scream with all my might. "Wait She's human!!" I hear Mason scream. I hear Stefan and Damon's voice but it was too late.

I feel a splash of cold water on my face. I gasp breathing for air. "She's alive" I hear the Sherif say. "Wake up" she calls out to Damon. I open my eyes. I couldn't feel my right arm.

"Damon" my throat hurts from the screaming. There goes another shot and I hear him scream. "No please stop I beg you please" I cry out. I see guns pointed at me. Don't they know I'm human

"This is how it's gonna work. Answer me, and you don't get shot" Damon groans and I cry. He looked over to me his eyes full of guilt and sorrow.

"Damon" I continue to cry, unable to stop tears from cascading down my cheeks. My arm begins to burn again. I lay on the hard floor next to him unable to move."How many of you are there?" Liz asks pointing a gun at him.

"Liz, please..." he begs not for his sake but mine. I knew I was dying and he knew it too. Liz shoots him again in his leg and he screams.

"Next bullet goes into Nina" Damon growls his voice deep and dangerous.

"How did you fool us? How can you walk in the sun?" She began to interrogate and gave him little time to answer. Suddenly there's another shot, but not in me in Stefan. He was still unconscious.

I gasped tears staining my face. "But, you're my friend," Damon said stunning Liz.

"Our friendship is a lie," she said pointing the gun at him.

"Please I need to give Nina blood" he gasped for air "She will die" Liz didn't move.

"He's not gonna tell us anything," Liz said. "Kill them all"

"But Sherif Nina is human," one of the cops said.

"She's seen too much" I cry and Damon grabs my hand.

"Damon" I breath out my eyes feeling heavy. I don't want to die. I want to go home. I miss mom and dad.

"Don't you dare" Damon said. "Don't you dare close those beautiful eyes"

Suddenly there was a sound coming from outside. "Check it out" Liz ordered the other officers.

"Elena? What are you doing here?" Liz asked as Elena barged into the room.

"I won't let you kill any of them!" Suddenly horrifying sounds were coming from the darkness. The sound of frightened screams and growling.

"Hi, mom" Caroline spoke, her vampire eyes and lips covered in blood distracted anyone from hearing her soft innocent voice.

Minutes passed which seemed like hours and Damon had given me a lot of his blood while holding me close to him. The shots didn't hit me anywhere fatal. Damon fed off one of the deputies that Caroline killed and Elena was next to a conscious Stefan. "Now what are we gonna do with you?" Damon said glaring at Liz. He picked her up to his height.

Everyone except me yelled for him to stop. He chuckled "I'm not gonna kill her" Damon let her go and she fell to the ground frightened. She had lost, now the vampire she wanted to kill was standing before her. He came over to me and picked me up bridal style. "Do you feel better?" I nodded, but I felt exhausted as I laid my head to his chest.

I woke up laying in a big king size bed. Next to me was Damon, he was laying on his back, his eyes closed. "Damon?" He looked over to me and smiled softly.

"How are you feeling?" He asks with a soft tone.

"I'm better. A little sore, but better" I say turning over to him.

"Yea you should be I gave you a lot of blood" I nodded and sighed.

"Thank you," I say.

"It killed me you know" He admitted.

"Mhm?"

"You, the way you were screaming in pain and your cries for help" I rubbed my tired eyes. "That hurt me more than the bullets Liz shot at me" I nuzzled closer to him.

"I care about you Damon," I say softly feeling his rough thumb caressing my arm sending shivers throughout my body.

Damon tilted my head up with his hand under my chin. I looked into his icy blue eyes and found love and compassion in them. Those feelings are what other people might think is impossible for Damon to feel. "Goodnight Nina"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 7.3K 67
Rosalie Marie Gilbert, the infamous identical twin sister to Elena Gilbert. She's been pulled into the world of vampires, werewolves, and witches eve...
251K 6.8K 53
"I'm done ignoring how I feel about you.". "And what is that?" "I love you." --- Book 1 TVD seasons 2-4 Finished Jan. 2023 Disclaimer I don't own The...
273K 8K 45
Sequel to Gabriella Gilbert. Gabby Gilbert has been through what most people would call hell. After basically selling her soul to the devil, Klaus...