Luxsoka: I'm Not So Bad

بواسطة jedi3ravenclaw

Ahsoka Tano is a Jedi. It's against the Code to form attachments or start relationships. Lux Bonteri is a Se... المزيد

New Years in the Galaxy
Thinking Out Loud
Sandcastles at Sunset
Goodbye, My Darling
Halloween Special
The Wedding
A Life in Pieces
Christmas Special
Love On Top
Only Human
Die a Happy Man

Shape of You

1.2K 24 264
بواسطة jedi3ravenclaw

The club isn't the best place to find a lover
So the bar is where I go

Lux trudged into the Republic Youth Complex, tired from a long day on the job. He headed straight to the bar, passing clubs, shopping centers, and the food court.

Me and my friends at the table doing shots
Drinking fast and then we talk slow

He sat down at a stool next to some people around his age. They talked to him about all sorts of crazy things, drunk beyond belief. He knew it would probably damage his reputation of someone were to recognize him, but he was still a new face. As long as he maintained some level of soberness, he would be alright.

Drinking away his troubles had become a bad habit of his over the past few months. He was barely old enough to go to a bar as it was. It was a habit he should probably break sooner rather than later.

Come over and start up a conversation with just me
And trust me I'll give it a chance now

A person slid into the seat next to him. He inconspicuously turned his head, trying to figure out who it was. The figure was cloaked, but he knew exactly who it was.

Ahsoka placed a hand on his shoulder. "Lux, what on Coruscant are you doing in a bar like this?"

He turned his head and smiled. "I could ask you the same question, Miss Jedi Padawan."

"Shhh!" She glanced around, checking to see if anyone heard. "Not so loud! You never know who could be listening. And for the record, I'm only in here because I was walking by and felt your presence."

He shrugged his shoulders. "What have you been up to lately?"

"Same old, same old. I'm not exactly sure where my master is right now; he just said that I should take a break for a bit. Our last mission was really tough, both physically and emotionally."

"Oh, I'm sorry." An awkward silence passed between them. "You want anything? To drink, I mean. I have some extra credits with me."

She shook her head. "Thanks, but I'd rather not have anything tonight. Anakin would kill me if I came back completely intoxicated."

Take my hand, stop, put Van the Man on the jukebox
And then we start to dance, and I'm singing like

Lux laughed. He pushed his half-empty drink towards the center of the counter. If Ahsoka wan't going to have anything, neither was he. He'd been there long enough as it was. "Well," he said, looking around for nothing in particular. There was a group of people dancing in the back of the bar, some throwback tunes from an old jukebox playing. Their conversation was getting pretty awkward for both of them, so he stood up and extended a hand. "Do you want to dance?"

She smiled and gladly took it. "Of course."

He led her to the dance floor, or rather, the area where most of the people seemed to be moving in a rhythm similar to the music. She smiled as they, too, began to dance.

Girl, you know I want your love
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me

As the evening progressed, Lux was given time to really reflect on his feelings about Ahsoka. She was a good friend, that was for sure. Her words of reason had been one of the few things keeping him sane when his mother was killed by Dooku. Looking back on it, she had been right about Death Watch all along. Trying to join them had been a stupid choice on his part.

But was she just a friend to him?

Say, boy, let's not talk too much
Grab on my waist and put that body on me
Come on now, follow my lead
Come, come on now, follow my lead

"You're thinking," she shouted, barely above the music, "and nothing good happens when you start getting ideas."

He laughed and twirled her around. "Hey! I actually have some pretty good ideas"

She raised an eyebrow, smirking. "Oh, shut up and dance with me, you crazy politician!"

I'm in love with the shape of you
We push and pull like a magnet do
Although my heart is falling too
I'm in love with your body

The more he thought about it, the more he began to realize that Ahsoka was much more than a friend to him. His weaknesses were her strengths. His strengths were her weaknesses. They needed each other.

Lux liked her. Really liked her. There was just something about her that was so very attractive to him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Maybe it was something about the way she talked about her passions or moved to the music...

If he were truly honest with himself, he might have even loved her.

And last night you were in my room
And now my bed sheets smell like you
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with your body
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with the shape of you

It didn't take long to wear themselves out, but Lux didn't want to leave Ahsoka's presence just yet. He suggested that they go back to his apartment to talk some. It wasn't very often that they got a chance to simply spend time with each other, which was a shame. If only the war would be over.

"This is a nice place, you've got here, Lux," Ahsoka said, looking around his room. It wasn't much compared to some of the other apartments in the Senate complex, but he was happy with it.

"Thanks," he said, closing the door behind him. "You're welcome here whenever you want, you know."

She smiled, and he could've sworn he saw her blush. "Thanks. It's much better than the Jedi Temple, anyway."

"Really?" He asked, caught off guard. "I thought the Temple was like living in a castle! Better than a castle, actually..."

She shook her head. "You're familiar with yoga mats, right?" He nodded. "Well, imagine 10 or so of those stacked on top of each other, and you have a basic idea of the beds."

"What? You can't be serious." He started walking towards his bedroom, and she followed. "Don't the protectors of the galaxy deserve more than just slabs of rejected mattresses?"

"You would think so." Lux opened the door, and Ahsoka peeked inside. Her face lit up when she saw his bed. "That is hands down the fluffiest mattress I have ever seen in my entire life." She slid off her shoes and jumped on top of it, collapsing on her back. "Yeah, much more comfortable than mine."

Lux leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms in front of his chest. He watched as she continued to try out his bed. There was just something mesmerizing about the way she carried herself. She was more beautiful than anyone else he'd met, though he doubted she would ever see it herself.

His thoughts were interrupted as a pillow hit him square in the face. "Hello? Coruscant to Lux! Are you still in there?" Ahsoka picked up another pillow and prepared to throw it at him again.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry. Just lost in thought." He picked up the pillow and rubbed his nose. Even though it was soft, getting hit hard with a projectile was never a pleasant feeling.

"What about?"

He sat down next to her by the foot of the bed. "You should spend the night here. I mean, if the Jedi aren't going to treat you like royalty for all the hard work you do, then at least let me give it a shot. I'll sleep on the couch or something."

"But that's not fair to you! This is your apartment, after all, and my master will be looking for me."

She stood up to leave, but he reached out and grabbed her hand. "Are you sure?" He didn't want her to leave, at least not yet.

The hurt on his face must've been easily readable. "I'd really like to, Lux, but I have other responsibilities." She sighed, giving in. "Alright, I guess I wouldn't get in that much trouble. I'll stay."

One week in we let the story begin
We're going out on our first date
You and me are thrifty, so go all you can eat
Fill up your bag and I fill up a plate

Lux was glad he had finally mustered enough courage to ask her on an official date. He found it ironic that he could talk for hours in front of a room full of politicians and not feel incredibly numb afterwards, but asking Ahsoka to a simple brunch had been quite an experience. They sat across from each other at a small cafe near the Senate building, their plates stuffed with food from an all you can eat buffet. Ahsoka had suggested that they grab some extra to-go for dinner later that night after her training with Anakin.

We talk for hours and hours about the sweet and the sour
And how your family is doing okay

"So, Ahsoka, where are you going next?" Lux asked, diving in to his plate.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I mean, this galaxy is pretty messed up. I'm sure you have an assignment coming up off-world." He continued eating, relentlessly stuffing bite after bite in his mouth.

"I honestly have no idea. I'm usually told about a half hour before a mission where we're going, and sometimes I'm not even sure until we get there." She wiped her hands on a napkin and smiled. Lux watched as it grew into a laugh, which he figured was directed towards him.

"What? What's so funny?" He asked, looking down at himself to see if he'd spilled something.

"You're acting like you've never seen food before."

"Hey! I haven't eaten at all today."

She raised an eyebrow and rested her hand on top of his across the table. "You know that isn't good for you, Lux."

"I know. I'm trying to be better about it."

"If I can stomach a ration bar every morning in the middle of a war zone, then certainly you can eat a gourmet meal without being prompted to. Don't make me call you every morning to make sure you eat because I sure will!" She smiled and chuckled to herself.

He sighed, knowing she was right. "Yeah, I suppose so. How has Master Skywalker been? Still as daring as ever?"

"Certainly. He's been good, I guess. It's the same old routine. We get up early, train, go someplace exotic, figure out a strategy, attempt said strategy, and then throw away the plan completely because Master Skywalker did something either very heroic or very reckless."

It was his turn to laugh. "You know, I don't think I've meet anyone quite like him. Or you. I guess that's what makes you so special." His face turned a bright shade of red as he realized what he'd said.

Leave and get in a taxi, then kiss in the backseat
Tell the driver make the radio play, and I'm singing like

After they'd eaten, Lux decided to go home. He had lots of work to do in preparation for the upcoming vote, and Ahsoka always had important Jedi things to do. He wished he could spend the whole say with her, but he knew that work was more important. It was going to take a a while as it was fo get back because of the pouring rain.

Lux opened the door for Ahsoka as she slid into the taxi cab. It was much smaller inside than it looked from the platform, but it was good enough. Lux didn't feel like flagging down another one, and he didn't mind being close to Ahsoka.

"Where to?" The driver asked.

"Senate apartment complex, and no questions asked," Lux answered. "Oh, and put on the radio while you're at it."

"Whatever you say, sonny boy." He slid the divider between the front and rear seats and started driving.

As soon as they got going, Ahsoka rested her head on Lux's shoulder and yawned. She was worn out from a long day. "Do you mind if I crash at your place for an hour or two? Your bed is years better than mine and I'd really like to get some decent sleep before I go back."

"You don't have to ask; you're always welcome. We're friends, are we not?"

She nodded, playing with his fingers. Or maybe even more than friends, he thought, sliding his hand into hers.

He tilted his head and looked down at her, their eyes meeting. There were so many poetic things Lux wanted to say in that moment about his feelings for her, but his mind was blank. He could feel their faces inching closer together.

The driver swerved to avoid something, and Lux's body weight came tumbling down on Ahsoka. Their lips collided rather abruptly. He pulled away immediately, his face heating up.

"What was that?" Ahsoka asked, clearly amused.

"Sorry, I'm such a—mphf!" Ahsoka pressed her lips to his and kissed him sweetly. He responded before he was aware of what exactly was happening, surprising both himself and her.

He felt her mouth curve into a smile as she turned and looked ashamedly out the window. "I shouldn't have done that." Though she wasn't going to deny she'd wanted it.

"I'm sorry." Lux pulled his hand back and twidled his thumbs, not sure what else to do.

Girl, you know I want your love
Your love was handmade for somebody like me

As much as he loved her, there were some things he would never understand. She had kissed him. Why was she acting like it was a crime all of a sudden?

Well, for her, it is, the back of his mind reminded him. She obviously enjoyed it or she wouldn't be smiling like she was.

Crime or not, romantic feelings crept into everyone's lives at some point. Or at least he thought so. It was only natural for them to feel a connection to one another. If she didn't want him, then who did she want?

Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me

"Look, Ahsoka, if you don't want me here, then I can leave. I can take you back to the Temple, and we can go our separate ways." He glanced over to see her reaction, but she continued to stare out the window. "You care for me, right?" She nodded, still not turning to face him. "I care for you, too. I get that I'm a distraction to your training and stuff, so if you'd rather I leave you alone, just say it."

She sighed. "No, Lux, it's just... I don't know. I'm just a crazy, emotional Jedi Padawan, don't mind me," she half-joked.

Say, boy, let's not talk too much
Grab on my waist and put that body on me

The cab driver stopped in front of the apartment complex. Lux handed him some credits and got out of the speeder before remembering that it was pouring rain. "Whoops," he muttered, opening Ahsoka's door for her.

She nodded in thanks and ran inside, Lux following closely after. He tried to dry his feet on the carpet, but he was hopelessly wet.

"My goodness, you got soaked," Ahsoka observed, giving him a once-over.

"Yeah, just a bit. I–"

She placed a finger to his lips. "Shhhh, don't say anything just yet. Follow me."

Come on now, follow my lead
Come, come on now, follow my lead

She led him past his floor all the way to the top. From there, she took him into the custodial closet and up to the roof. It was still pouring buckets.

"Come on, you're wet anyway. What difference does it make?" He shrugged and followed.

He looked around, thoroughly confused as to why she brought him here. "Okay, you got me. What is this all about?"

Still silent, she faced him and placed one hand on his shoulder and the other in his hand. "Dance with me, Lux."

And so he did. They waltzed around the roof, enjoying eachother's company, until both of them were soaked to the bone.

I'm in love with the shape of you
We push and pull like a magnet do
Although my heart is falling too
I'm in love with your body

Ahsoka curtsied. "Thanks. I really needed that."

Lux gave her a hug, resting his head between her montrals. "Me too. It's easy to forget the small things like dancing in the rain, no matter how cliché it may be."

"You wanna know what's even more cliché?" She stood on her toes and kissed him. Lingering for only a moment, she rested her head back on his chest. "That. I know it's against the Jedi Code and everything, and I'm not sure what my plan is going forward. We can make this work, if that's still what you want."

"Of course."

And last night you were in my room
And now my bed sheets smell like you
Every day discovering something brand new

Lux lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling. It had been a long day, but for the first time in a while, it had been a good one. He had spent almost the whole day with Ahsoka, which was a nice change of pace from all the deadlines and pressures of the Senate. Plus, he really liked her. From what he gathered, she really liked him, too.

He rolled over on his side. The sheets still smelled like her from the nap she took earlier, and he was too lazy to change them. That, and the smell reminded him of her and all the memories they'd made that day.

Deep inside, he felt something. Something that hadn't been there before.

I'm in love with the shape of you

He was in love with Ahsoka Tano.

A/N: First off, MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!!

Second, I hate school. Finals are in two weeks, AP tests are next week, the teachers haven't prepared us for anything. It's a fun time, right? I've had little to no time to write because I've been studying like crazy. Someone's birthday is coming up (*cough* SHARRON), so I'll have a little something up then ;)

I have yet another songfic in the works which will be feesly. I figured I'd go ahead and warn you ahead of time.

AND SPEAKING OF FEESLY remember that new novel idea I had? And how I wasn't going to start it until I finish anything else? Yeah, that didn't happen. I'm done prewriting and making the cover, and the first few parts are already written. Before I post it, though, I want to have at least three full chapters done, so there's still a little ways to go. SO FAR IT'S SUPER FEELSY. It has a really creepy mood to it, and I feel so evil writing it. I haven't switched point of views yet and the narrator (who shall remain a mystery for now) has already been tortured and died, not necessarily in that order. Hehehehe...

I want to focus most of my writing time on Park Benches this week. Padme's little stunt needs some more elaboration XD

Have a fantastic rest of your week, and may the force (or rather fourth) be with you!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

66.6K 1K 14
When the Jedi Council find out that Senator Amidala is pregnant with Anikin's children, they try to expell him for breaking the Jedi code. But, when...
33.3K 517 13
After Ahsoka leaves the Jedi Temple, Lux embarks on a journey to reunite her. Will he succeed or will she be on her own forever? And as the young Pad...
11.1K 317 33
Book Six of Ahsoka, Daughter of the Light New cover art coming soon. After a mission with a... "somewhat-successful" outcome, Ahsoka Tano-Bonteri, wi...
32.6K 696 35
Ahsoka Tano's life has changed since the rebellion on Onderon. Her thoughts dwell on Lux Bonteri, the newly appointed Senator. She knows attachment i...