The Full Moon [boyxboy]

By rotXinXpieces

As the only son of Moonstone's most powerful wolf pack, Zaid Kallas has a lot on his plate with his eighteent... More

The Full Moon
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Sixteen

85.2K 3.6K 1.2K
By rotXinXpieces

Chapter Sixteen (Scythe's POV)

Zaid stayed hunched over the toilet for another ten minutes before he slumped to the floor in defeat, his shoulders shaking as he drifted into unconsciousness. Alarm swept over me as I dropped to my knees beside him.

"Zaid?" I asked in concern, touching his shoulder.

"He needs rest." Kyler stated from behind me. I glared at him. There was something about this cat that just wasn't right. He was mouthy and rude, gross and sarcastic. I didn't even want him near Zaid, but I didn't have time to worry about this cat right now. I had Zaid to take care of. I wiped Zaid's mouth before lifting him into my arms. I cradled him against me, kissing his forehead gently before drifting up the stairs.

The hairs on the back of my neck rose in aggravation as I felt Kyler following close behind me. I glanced over my shoulder to glare at him, but I noticed he was practically on my heels, his eyes darting around. I looked back ahead.

"You're jittery. What are you expecting? Jack to show up? He wouldn't be so stupid after he saw us kill a traitor and a Hunter." I snorted. Kyler scowled, walking beside me now as I led the way to Zaid's room.

"I don't trust you wolves. You're a pack of vicious barbarians."

"Then why are you even still here?"

"Because Zaid's different." Kyler snapped. I frowned, pausing to study Kyler's expression. His brows were furrowed, his eyes averted as he clenched his fists in the sleeves of the jacket. I glanced away from him.

"Zaid should have some clothes that'll fit you." I said, changing the subject. Kyler blinked and looked at me curiously, but said nothing else as he followed me into Zaid's room. I gestured to the wardrobe, watching him walk over, throwing the doors open rather rudely. I rolled my eyes, then gently placed Zaid on the bed.

He felt smaller, his skin pale and his lips parted as he breathed. I felt an ache tug at my heart, watching him lie there helpelessly. Something was seriously wrong. He'd been like this ever since he came back from Jack's. I blinked, then whirled around as Kyler dropped the leather jacket from his shoulders.

I frowned as he pulled a skintight black turtleneck out, tugging it on over his head, smoothing it over his lean muscles. He was thin, not skinny, but built for a speed that could probably outmatch Zaid's in an instant. There was no denying that he was attractive, but I only saw Zaid as god-like. Kyler was just a nymph in my eyes- Only without the wings and sparkling claws.

"You know what's wrong with Zaid." I stated, letting the idea sink in. Kyler stopped moving with his back facing me. He had been holding up a pair of leather pants and slowly lowered them, turning his head to look at me sideways.

"What's wrong with your mate is none of my concern. I'm just here to get this fucking collar off so I can ditch you wolves."

"Gonna be hard when you're heading to the heart of wolf country. Alaska is crawling with wolves."

"Not when I get there. I'm a leopard. We can easily eat three times our weight."

"That's disgusting."

"Not when I imagine them being Jack." Kyler snorted, then turned his head away again, ignoring the need for underwear as he tugged the leather pants on, running his hand along his backside. I immediately looked away from him, turning to gaze at Zaid as he slept.

I was worried. Had Jack injected him with something other than morphine? Was it dangerous? Would it kill him? The very thought gave me icy chills as I shuddered, sitting on the edge of the bed and taking Zaid's hand in mine.

"If you love him so much, you'll take him back to Jack."

I shot to my feet, whirling to glare hot daggers at Kyler, who was facing me with narrowed eyes.

"What the hell did you just say?" I demanded, clenching my fists. I was ready to jump this suspicious little shit. The way he looked, everything about him was strange. He didn't look like an ordinary were-leopard. He looked like a model stepping off the page of a Playgirl magazine.

"You heard me, cur," Kyler muttered, "The thing that's wrong with him. You don't know how to handle what's going to happen to him."

"You know."

"No shit."

"If you don't tell me-"

"It's way too awkward for me to say. All I can tell you is that Zaid isn't the first. Jack has had three other wolves like Zaid that have the ability he has, but all of them died because it was too late. They can't handle it because our bodies weren't meant for that ability. It's just one of those defects the bitch Goddess gets a kick out of."

"You have balls to slander the Goddess in this household."

"I can slander whoever I want. They have no problem doing it to me."

"Keep talking and I'll lock you up with the Hunter."

"Try me, wolf. I dare you to even try and attack me." Kyler sneered, then went silent as the sound of a door slamming downstairs followed by loud voices. I grimaced, recognizing my father's voice as well as Nyt's. I assumed another argument as I turned to face Zaid, watching him grimace a little in his sleep. I went over, gently patting his cheek.

"Zaid?" I asked. His eyelids fluttered open, his pale eyes rolling around for a second before he focused on me.

"Scythe? What happened?" He asked tiredly. I stroked his hair back from his face, leaning down and kissing him on the forehead before cupping his face in my hands.

"Nothing, you just... got sick again. How are you feeling?" I asked gently. Zaid moaned a little, closing his eyes for a second before opening them to gaze up at me.

"Okay, I guess. Where's Kyler?" He asked.

"At your service," Kyler said, appearing on the other side of the bed, making me glare at him as he shrugged nonchalantly, "Well, not really. You should be at my service. I want my collar off." Zaid studied his face for a moment and I felt like they were having a conversation with their eyes, which irritated me, but I let it be to avoid upsetting Zaid.

"Cut his collar, Scythe." Zaid murmured, finally rolling on his side and cupping his stomach, a wince crossing his face.

"Are you sure you're all right?" I asked, ignoring the request. Zaid nodded stiffly and I didn't believe him for a second, but I reluctantly rose to my feet, searching Zaid's room until I found a pocketknife. I slid it under the collar and began to saw at it. Kyler kept his head tilted back, his eyes flickering as he watched the ceiling, his hands gripping the dresser behind him.

"So, what Hunter did you guys capture?" Kyler asked innocently.

"None of your business." I retorted.

"Adam." Zaid filled in. I rolled my eyes. Kyler's eyes glowed.

"May I see him?" He asked.

"No."

"Yes." Zaid said, slowly sitting up. As soon as he was sliding off the bed, the knife cut through the collar and it fell to the floor. Kyler gasped, leaning against the dresser. I almost gasped myself, taking a step back as I studied the bruising around his throat from the collar. Kyler reached up, tentatively touching his throat as he sighed.

I stooped over, snatching up the collar and tossing it to him. He caught it and stuffed it into his pocket, still touching the tender skin of his throat. The scar where the collar sat was darker than his porcelain skin. It was bound to stand out, but he pulled the neck of the turtleneck up further, effectively hiding it.

"Feel better?" Zaid, coming over, but walking slowly as if every step caused him pain. I frowned at him as he looked at Kyler, who nodded.

"Thanks. Dunno how much longer I could've lasted with that piece of shit strangling me." He commented, glancing at me sideways with a strange look glinting in those silver-blue eyes of his before he looked at Zaid with a faint smirk.

"You wanted to see Adam?" Zaid asked. Kyler nodded. Zaid looked at me. I said nothing, just shrugged and followed Zaid out of the room. He was moving more fluidly now, but I could see him resisting the urge to wince. We headed down the hallway, down the stairs, and into the basement where we met up with another hallway.

Just outside the door Adam was held in, Kylan was standing watch. He looked up, blinking before he growled low in his throat.

"Who the heck is that?" He asked.

"Your worst nightmare, cur," Kyler answered him mockingly, "Now quit gawking and let me see the Hunter." Kylan stared at me. I could see the gears working in his mind, wondering if he should kill this leopard or not. I was tempted to give him the cue to knock himself out, but I felt Zaid tensing beside me. I glanced at him. I could tell he was taking deep breathes.

"Let us in." I told Kylan calmly. Kylan sighed and stepped aside, gesturing for us to enter. Zaid led the way into the room.

It was the same as before, only a metal bedframe where a shackle led to Adam's ankle. He looked exhausted and sick to his stomach at the same time. He glanced up in disinterest until he saw Kyler, his eyes widening.

"You." He stated. Kyler smirked and put a hand on his hip cockily.

"That's right me, you cocky son of a bitch."

"I thought you were dead by now," Adam sneered hatefully, "You were supposed to have died in the experiment. Don't tell me you're one of those werethingies." Kyler grinned.

"Why? Don't like the thought of sexually harrassing a cat?" He taunted. Adam looked sick to his stomach and looked away. I frowned. What the hell was this about? Obviously they knew each other and were not on good terms. Judging from Kyler was saying, Adam had done something unforgivable without knowing he was a were-creature.

"He did what?" Zaid asked, disbelief on his face. Adam glared as Kyler laughed bitterly.

"Obviously. Adam has a thing for cats, he just didn't know it. Well, here. Before I leave, I'll give you a gift. Not as great as the one I left for Jack, but this is pretty good considering." He reached into his pocket, withdrawing the collar. Adam's eyes darkened as Kyler flung it at his face. The collar smacked him across the cheek before hitting the floor.

"Au revoir, Hunter. I hope these wolves have less mercy on you than I," Kyler drawled, then glanced at me with an innocent smile, "I'm done here."

He was out of the room before we could speak. Zaid and I shared quick looks before bolting out of the room after Kyler, who was making his way down the hallway.

"Wait," Zaid protested, "How do you plan to get to Alaska anyway? It'll take you months if you go by foot." Kyler paused, then shrugged.

"I have a lot of thinking to do." He replied flatly, then continued on his way up the stairs, heading for the front door, but Zaid moved quickly, catching Kyler's arm and wheeling him around. I immediately sensed danger as Kyler hissed at him, baring his teeth. Zaid glared at him, refusing to let go.

"Tell me what's going on. Why do I feel like... like something's inside me, trying to get out?" He demanded, making me stop dead in my tracks. What did he mean by that? I watched Kyler's eyes soften to a degree. A hot sliver of jealousy sprang up my spine as Kyler gazed at him.

"Why don't you try asking your parents? They should know." He stated. Zaid slowly let go of Kyler's arm, looking at him in confusion.

"My parents?" He asked. Kyler raised an eyebrow.

"Hasn't it been a little suspicious? Having two fathers?" He asked.

My blood ran cold. Shit, Kyler didn't know Zaid was adopted. Zaid didn't know Zaid was adopted. I stiffened, staring at them as Zaid took a step back.

"What're you talking about? I don't have two fathers." Zaid said firmly. Kyler frowned.

"What? That's impossible. You have to have two fathers, otherwise," He stopped abruptly, staring at Zaid, then looking past him at me before he grimaced, "Ew... Whoops. I take it there's a little family secrecy going on here, huh? My bad." I watched Zaid's expression twist in pain and confusion.

"I-I don't understand what you mean-"

"Shut up," I commanded, making Zaid jump and whirl to stare at me, "Kyler, you can take one of our bikes, but you leave and not come back. Ever." Kyler paused, pursing his lips before he smirked.

"Why can't I stay? Obviously you're keeping secrets from someone very important." He replied. Zaid looked at me, his expression striking me straight through the heart.

"Scythe, what's he talking about?" He managed.

"I don't know," I snapped, "He's just a stupid cat. He doesn't know what he's talking about."

"I rather be stupid than a liar." Kyler returned playfully. My temper snapped and I lunged, aiming to grab at his throat, but Zaid swung around and caught me around the waist, tearing me backwards and almost ripping me off his feet.

"Scythe, stop!" Zaid gasped. Kyler didn't move from his spot, watching me with glowing silver-blue eyes.

"Your pack doesn't even tell the tale, do they? The Tale of Cathal." He mused. I paused. The title rang a bell in my head, but it was so vague that I could barely remember. Zaid didn't seem to know at all, looking confused before he finally settled me behind him before turning to Kyler.

"Tell me, please! I don't understand you're talking about. I want to know what's wrong with me, why Jack kept calling me special. I don't get it." Zaid pleaded, looking agonized. Kyler studied his face, then looked past him to me.

"Supposedly, years ago there was a pack of wolves. They were all males. They're females had died due to a plague, taking their young with them. Unable to reproduce, the pack was slowly dying out. In order to keep the once powerful pack alive, the alpha made a pact. Now, I don't know why he made such a sick pact, but it beats me. The alpha's name was Cathal. He prayed to the Goddess to give him the ability to present a new alternative to creating new life. So, what better way than to take the gift from females? Yea, you know what I'm talking about, don't you?"

"Pregnancy," Kyler went on, frowning in discomfort, "The pack reproduced with males only. Unfortunately, it came with a price. Once a male wolf is pregnant, as soon as he births the pups, he dies. Our bodies weren't built to withstand the power and miracle of birth. Two male wolves would mate and the one to take the seed would give birth to a litter, ranging from three to seven pups. The price paid is death to the pregnant male. The lineage is very rare seeing as the pups usually perished as well. It was considered good luck if all your pups survived. Jack's been hunting down members of this pack for Goddess knows how long."

"Wait-wait," Zaid said, holding up his hands, looking utterly sickened by the idea, "So... What you're telling me is... I'm pregnant? But my parents aren't from that lineage! My mother is female!"

"Then someone's been lying to you." Kyler sang, wagging his finger. His eyes landed on me and Zaid whirled on me.

"What's he talking about?" Zaid demanded. I stiffened.

"Don't ask me."

"You know!"

"Know what?"

"I don't know! What do you know? Scythe, tell me! This is my life we're talking about here and I'd appreciate being apart of it!" Zaid cried. I winced. I didn't want to tell him. If I spoke the truth, it would kill him. I couldn't stand seeing Zaid hurt.

And knowing that Zaid was from a lineage of pregnant wolves?

That he would die as soon as the pups were birthed?

Agony tore through me. Why was this happening? Why was the Goddess doing this to us? What had we done to deserve this?

"You're adopted. Sort of." I said at last. Zaid's face drained of color.

"That wasn't so hard, now was it?" Kyler asked, a Cheshire-cat grin crossing his face. Had his tail been out, it'd of swayed with amusement and I'd of torn it off with my bare hands. Of course, now wasn't the time to turn on Kyler. Zaid looked like he was going to hit the floor. In fact, his knees buckled and I just barely caught him, setting him onto the ground where he covered his ears for a second, squeezing his eyes shut before he looked up at me.

The pain on his face killed me slowly. It was agonizing, watching those gorgeous pale aqua eyes fill with crystal tears.

"You're lying." He managed. I grimaced, getting on my knees in front of him, taking his wrists.

"Zaid, I'm sorry... Your parents didn't tell me much. They just said they found you out beyond our borders and took you in, hoping you'd be an heir for them. I'm so sorry, Zaid, but Acacia and Nyt are not your biological parents." I said softly. Zaid ground his teeth together, screwing his eyes shut tightly, letting the tears stream down his face.

"Zaid, please..." I tried, but it was no use.

He hated me.

He had to.

I didn't know what to do. Zaid was crying, his heart broken as he seethed with rage, his fists clenching as I held his wrists tightly to keep him from doing anything stupid.

This was just too much. All of this dumped on his shoulders at once. I couldn't tell what stunned me more. That Zaid could actually get pregnant or the fact that finding out the cruel tyrants he's called mom and dad all this time weren't really his parents. All this news was crushing him. I felt like he was growing smaller and smaller in my hands before he stopped tensing with hate.

Now he just sobbed.

I glared at Kyler out the corner of my eye, but his expression was utterly stoic. I leaned forward, wrapping my arms around Zaid tightly, cradling his head to my shoulder as he gasped.

"It hurts." He managed, squeezing his eyes shut.

"What does?"

"Everything." Zaid choked, gripping at my back tightly, burying his face against mine. I held him close, trying to lift him onto his feet, but he wobbled.

"What the hell is going on down here?" Nyt's voice snarled from the top of the staircase. At the sound of his voice, everyone emerged from their rooms and stopped doing what they were doing to stare, then growl at Kyler, who hissed at them.

"Who are you?" I heard Thalia demand.

"Harry Houdini." Kyler spat at her.

"His name's Kyler Mercy," I informed her, still holding Zaid with his face to my shoulder so he could hide his tears, "We met with him in the woods. He's fleeing Jack and was just about to leave."

"You'd think you'd learn to stop dragging strangers out of the woods." Ivy snarled at us, then gestured for Lars and Alek to grab Kyler, who hissed at them, retreating for the door, only to have Ugo come in from the doorway, grabbing Kyler up around his waist. Kyler screamed, catching everyone off guard.

"Let go of me, you disgusting mangy mutt! Put me down or I'll rip your innards out with my teeth!" He shouted, kicking his legs and trying to free his arms that Ugo had pinned to his sides. Kyler writhed, thrashing and snapping his teeth at Ugo, who still held him tightly.

"Lock him with the Hunter," Nyt commanded, "Shackle him. Do not let him escape."

"No!" Zaid tore away from me. Nyt glared at him.

"Zaid. We learned not to trust one stranger. This one is no different and if he's connected to Jack, then we know he's no good." He snapped.

"I trust him more than I trust you!" Zaid snarled. Nyt stiffened, staring at him with wide, stunned eyes before it seemed to click in his mind what Zaid was talking about. Nyt whirled on me.

"You treacherous little ingrate! I told you not to tell him!" He barked, lunging at me, but my father came out of nowhere, catching Nyt around the waist, reeling him back.

"Nyt, that's enough!" He seethed. Nyt thrashed in his grip, glaring daggers at me as he bared his teeth.

"I let you into my home and this is how you repay me?! Get out! Get out all of you!"

"I can't when Zaid needs me!" I snapped. Zaid glared at Nyt, his eyes practically glowing with hate now before he looked at Ugo.

"Let Kyler go. He's free to do as he pleases." He commanded. Ugo frowned and looked at my father, who nodded his head in agreement. Ugo released Kyler, who immediately dashed out the door, changing into a leopard right at the porch steps, racing off into the woods. Zaid then turned to Nyt, his teeth clenched before he spoke.

"Why didn't you tell me? What else are you hiding from me? Did you know about the pack that I belonged to before? And tell me the truth or I swear to the Goddess, I'll leave here and you can forget about ever letting Luna continue it's legacy." He spat. Nyt's face mottled red with rage as he gripped my father's arms around him tightly. Acacia stepped forward.

"Nyt, stop. We can't do this anymore. We need an heir and if telling Zaid the truth will keep him here, we must! But Zaid, you have to give us your word," She spoke icily, "Once we tell you the truth, you cannot leave Luna."

"Fine." Zaid managed angrily. Acacia took a deep breath as Nyt continued to silently seethe with rage and agony.

"We lied. About a lot of things. We also lied to Scythe."

"I'm not surprised. I knew your story was fishy." I drawled. Acacia glared at me, then looked at Zaid, who narrowed his eyes at her.

"We did find you at the borders, but you weren't exactly alone. There were a group of male wolves with you. They were trying to escape the persecution of wolves. They had left you there to fetch food, but I couldn't stand it. I had disappointed my mate, my pack when they discovered I was unable to birth pups."

"So you stole me?" Zaid asked.

"You wouldn't have survived in that pack anyhow," Acacia protested, "An all male pack cannot survive. It's near impossible. You were the only pup. I had no doubt that any longer and you'd have died. You were thin and weighted far less than what a normal pup should. We saved you. I was hoping you would bring us a striving, powerful pack once you found a mate, but now..." Her eyes drifted to me and I scowled. Zaid glared at them.

"You should've left me there. My pack would've known what to do with me. They know what's happening to me and you don't!" He snapped.

"What're you talking about?" She demanded.

"I... Kyler told me the reason Jack was after me was because of my ancestry. I come from a line of all male packs, tracing back to a wolf named Cathal, who made a pact with the Goddess." Zaid explained carefully, glancing at me for confirmation. I nodded. Acacia paled.

"Cathal? That's just a myth. Males can't..." Her voice trailed. Nyt looked sick to his stomach.

"Impossible." He managed.

"We can turn into wolves and we just had a leopard jump out our door. Anything's possible." I snapped.

"Wait, which means... You and Scythe have already... And now you're..." My father let go of Nyt to stumble back against the wall, holding his head as if he was having difficulties processing it. I honestly felt the same. The more they said it, the more ludicrous it sounded.

"He turns eighteen this weekend. That night, Zaid and Scythe will mate and take the alpha rite, becoming the pack leaders. That's all the ridiculousness that was supposed to happen and now you're telling me that my son is pregnant?" Acacia managed.

"You make me sound like a freak." Zaid sounded hurt.

"You're not," I stated, "The Goddess blessed your pack. The ability to create new life is the strongest power given to someone."

"But..." Zaid's voice trailed as he stared at me. I could see the fear in his eyes as Kyler's words seemed to resonate in our heads. My body felt cold as I listened to my memory repeat them.

Once a male wolf is pregnant, as soon as he births the pups, he dies. Our bodies weren't built to withstand the power and miracle of birth...

Zaid was going to die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701K 19.9K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
70.8K 3.2K 134
[[MATURE CONTENT]] Pack, family, mate. Loyalty, respect, honor. These are the words that form the foundation of the wolf society. At six years old, E...
143K 7K 22
Book EIGHT- The Ultimate Sun series Aiden was the one who never stopped smiling. The one people counted on to keep them up and he took both jobs ser...
1.1M 31.2K 37
-- This has been discontinued, but a new story with the same characters and premise will be available soon! Do follow me to keep updated! -- Kyler Pa...