When He was a She! : A Namjin...

By ObsidiaShay

Kim Namjoon is a high school English teacher who remembers his past life living in Ancient Korea as the Wande... More

Chapter 1: The Wandering Poet and the Pink Princess
Chapter 2: Hellooooo Nurse!
Chapter 3: Come with me...
Chapter 4: Heartbreak comes with Three Sons
Chapter 5: Mommy Dearest!
Chapter 6: Facing an Old Demon....
Chapter 7: A Discarded Heart and Hoseok's Plan
Chapter 8: Poetry is an Experience
Chapter 9: Eunah Makes a Comeback?
Chapter 10: Conflicted
Chapter 12: Cleansed with SOPE
Chapter 13: Annoying as Ever
Chapter 14: 생일 축하해요
Chapter 15: Framed with Rubies
Chapter 16: Love is Hasty
Chapter 17: The Clearing
Author's Apology
Chapter 18: The Zoo
Chapter 19: Pink & Gold Part I
Chapter 20: Pink & Gold Part II
Chapter 21: Pink & Gold Part III
Chapter 22: Who Are You?
Chapter 23: Favorite Soup
Chapter 24: Finding My Tear
Chapter 25: Pull Back the Curtains
Chapter 26: I Always Will
Alternate Ending: Watching Over You
Announcement: My New Book!

Chapter 11: Unexpected Tears

5K 369 193
By ObsidiaShay

"Did I say something wrong?"

Namjoon peered down at Mi-Rae as they walked side by side down the street. They had just left from the local pojangmacha tent and were now enjoying a pajeon, or deep fried pancake. "What do you mean?"

"Jin seemed to be, well, upset with you. Is it because of me?" 

He finished chewing and tried to put on his most reassuring smile. "Oh no it has nothing to do with you, trust me..." Whatever kind of anger Jin was feeling, Namjoon was at fault for it. And he was troubled, not knowing how to handle the situation. But for now, he wanted answers. "So what were you doing in a matchmaking system?"

Mi-Rae bit into her pajeon and didn't speak until she had swallowed. "I had been waiting for so long in the hopes of crossing paths with you again. But it never happened. My parents were pushing for me to find someone to marry. Honestly, I had given up on ever finding you again... But then my matchmaker showed me your photo and I knew almost immediately that it was you. I didn't want to wait. I had to see you..."

Namjoon stared down at his food. It had been the same for him.  So this whole time. She had been waiting for him. "I did try looking for you...but in this era, it's not as easy to cross across the country at such a young age"

"It's alright Namjoon. I understand. The land has really changed, hasn't it? But you..you haven't changed at all" Mi-Rae smiled up at Namjoon and he blushed slightly. 

He was even more caught off guard when he felt his arm suddenly being grabbed. "Hey Namjoon, let's check out the museum over there. There is something I want to show you!"

The English teacher had no time to respond as he was pulled towards the huge building. As they ran across the street, Mi-Rae's hair whipped violently behind her. He could smell the scent of strawberries and found himself smiling a little.

--------

As they ventured through the gallery, the young female finally stopped in front of a particular painting. Anyone could tell right away that it was of Chinese origin due to its ink brushed lines and ethereal  visuals but what caught Namjoon's attention almost immediately was the subject of the artwork. 

A couple seemed to be floating on a cloud. The male had his hand outstretched towards the sky, as if presenting a gift to his female companion. The female was enshrouded in pink and seemed to look into the distance with an unwavering confidence. They were surrounded by pink and blue butterflies and he immediately felt the same pain in his heart as before. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it? Ever since laying eyes on it as a child in this life, it has become my favorite...It's called the Butterfly Lovers and the story behind them is probably just as tragic as our own. In the end, they are both reincarnated into butterflies and fly off into the rainbow sky. Maybe that's why I love it so much....it gave me hope..." Mi-Rae explained. 

Namjoon remained quiet. He had heard about the story of the Butterfly Lovers. 

To pursuit her studies in Hangzhou, Zhu Yingtai disguised herself as a man. After studying for three years together with her schoolfellow Liang Shanbo, Zhu Yingtai fell in love with the intellectual. Before the farewell, Zhu Yingtai dropped hints again and again to Liang Shanbo who failed to understand it at that time. Later, after being clear about Zhu Yingtai's intentions, he headed for the Zhu family to propose marriage. Unfortunately, Zhu Yingtai had been betrothed by her father to another man. Liang Shanbo was so grief-stricken that he quickly fell ill and passed away. Zhu Yingtai headed for Liang Shanbo's tomb to offer a sacrifice to him on the day when she got married. At the time she held the memorial ceremony, a violent rainstorm brew, with thunder flashing in the sky. After a while, the tomb blew open and Zhu Yingtai sprang into it. Later on, the lovers turned into a pair of colored butterflies and flew wing to wing into the rainbow sky.

It really was a sad story. He swallowed as his eyes continued to loom over the painting in front of him.

 "It's been so hard..."

The young female looked over at Namjoon and listened as he continued on.

"All these years I've had to hold everything in. I can't tell you how good it feels to have someone to talk about this with. Bringing up my past life wasn't an option. For I feared that...that..."

"Everyone would think you were crazy?" Mi-Rae finished for him. The two locked eyes as she reached out and grabbed Namjoon's hand. "I know...me too..."

--------------------------------------------

Jin stood in the vacant apartment, sizing up the place as the landlord stood by patiently. 

"Good thing you had called when you did. We just opened this apartment just yesterday. It's really spacious and would be the perfect place for you and your family to live..."

The young father nodded his head as he placed his hands on his hips. "It's really nice...say, you wouldn't happen to have any history of illegal gambling would, you?"

"Excuse me?"

Jin shook his head and waved his hand frantically. "Ah, no, nothing..." He peered across the room where all three of his sons stood. They frowned as they scanned around their surroundings in dismay. Ignoring their apparent dislike of the place, Jin tried to break into a wide smile as he spread out his arms.

 "Well boys, what do you think? It's nice isn't it? Oh, and check this out!" He wagged a finger as he rushed down the hall and opened the door to one of the two bedrooms. "We have an extra room so Jimin and Taehyung can share a room! Pretty sweet, huh?"

Taehyung stood in the middle. Jimin remained silently behind, holding Jungkook's hand. "I don't like it.." Little Tae explained firmly.

"Wha? C'mon how could you not like it? I'm sure once we settle in we-"

Jimin shook his head. "I want to go home..."

The young father lowered his arms and gave a sigh, blowing the bangs away from his eyes.

-------------------------------------------

Namjoon and Mi-Rae were now sitting on the bench nearby a lake. The two were now indulging in ice cream cones as they continued reminiscing on their lives in ancient Silla.

"You were so destructive back then!" She chuckled as she placed a hand on Namjoon's shoulder. "Do you still break things so easily?"

"Yep. Just the other day I picked up a sign and it snapped in half. I swear I barely even touched it. The vendor was so upset. I winded up paying for it"

 With that said, the two broke out into laughter.

As their banter died down, the English teacher exhaled as he stared off into the clear waters. "So what do you do anyways?"

"Hm? Me? I work as a medical intern at my father's hospital... and you?" She explained, finishing the last of her cone.

"I teach English at a local high school.."

"Really? I thought for sure you would have become a musician or lyricist.."

"I thought about it...but I chose not to pursue it to focus on...finding you..."

Mi-Rae found herself blushing and lowered her gaze with a smile. "I've...really missed you..." She lifted her head and reached out so that she could turn his head to face her. "I love you...Geonwu..."

Namjoon could tell that the distance between their faces were becoming smaller with each passing second. He never thought this moment would ever come. He had finally been reunited with his pink princess. "I love you too...Eunah..." 

As the sun began to lower itself underneath the horizon, both Mi-Rae and Namjoon shared a kiss.

----------------------------------

Jin entered through the front door. Taehyung and Jimin ran through, glad to be back. He watched as the two boys made a beeline for the couch and settled themselves in. The house seemed to be empty. Namjoon had probably ran off with his 'Eunah'. 

Psh. Whatever. The sooner he got out of this place, the better.

He tossed the diaper bag on the table and adjusted his grip around Jungkook before joining Jimin and Taehyung in the living room. He gently placed the baby on Little Tae's lap and grabbed for the remote. "You guys want to watch TV?"

Tae smiled and wrapped his arms around Kookie's waist. "Yeah! Let's watch One Piece!"

Jin couldn't help but crack a grin at that suggestion. "I do love me some One Piece but that doesn't air until later on tonight. We'll have to make do with what's currently on now" He explained as he turned on the TV. 

Immediately the intro to Spongebob Squarepants could be heard and both boys wasted no time in singing along.

Now. While his sons were occupied, he could take the time to plan a budget for the big move. Jin flopped down on the couch as he rolled up his sleeves. He then grabbed for the pencil lying on the coffee table and picked up a piece of paper. He paused, however, when he had found that it had already been written on. 

Furrowing his eyebrows, he set the pencil back down. Come to think of it, didn't Namjoon want him to read something last night? Was this it?

 It looked like...a poem?

The moon is full 

As is, my heart 

I hope to never break apart

different lives continue to cross

To gain, is to first have lost

The arrow that pierced the beautiful soul

One vow, One promise, One truth, One goal

You said that you would wait for me

I search along, amidst the sea

of tantalizing agony

the more we are separated

still, I search for you 

 I find you but then

I don't know you and

I am a stranger in your eyes

Even so my heart grows ever fonder

And I have decided

No matter the time, the world, I know this

I will always love you, my pink princess...

"Appa...?" 

"Hm?" Jin tore his eyes away from the paper and looked up at his sons who seemed to be looking at him with concern.

Little Jimin pointed at his own dark pools. "Why are you crying?"

"Crying?"

Taehyung chimed in. "Don't be sad, Appa..."

Jin reached up and his fingers immediately made contact with wetness. He really was crying! And even though he was fully aware of this, they didn't stop. They kept coming. 

His eyes were overflowing with unexpected tears...

------------------------------------

Note: Im so shook right now. My bias list is completely all over the place! I mean, Jhope will always be my UB but after writing this story and having to research so much on Jin and looking at the pictures and watching the videos argh he just seems to be slowly creeping up on my bias list. The hell?! What even is a bias list anymore?! -shreds up paper-   Things are only just beginning to get more interesting, no?  Well stay tuned for the next chapter this weekend.  Armys, stay cool!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 1K 28
How does it feel ? when your own family uses you for their fancy life style and all comfort but don't give a dang about you ?... Heartbroken ? Right...
1.1K 278 5
Yoonmin suprimacy. Open to suggestions. 💜 Rare updates. Please don't copy/plagiarise my stories. This book belongs to @anniesuze alone. Warning:...
15.2K 1K 37
And the phrase; "She is our everything" slowly changed to "She was our everything-" ☆. ☆. ☆. K...
38.7K 2.4K 25
In a Highschool, there will be a group of jocks, mean girls, playboys, queen bee, bad boy, goths, nerds, teacher's pet, loners.... Jeon Jungkook is t...