#CoachNerd || Alex Aiono & Wi...

By skzluvr45

Blake August is a hard-working girl. She has the most important job in her life: a waitress for her family re... More

1. New Girl
2. Can a Nerd Be This Lucky?
3. A New Friend?
4. So Embarrassed...
5. Company After an Injury...
6. Two Heads Are Better Than One...
7. #WorkTheMiddle
8. Hook, Line, and Sinker...
Book Cover for...
9. Seven in Heaven
10. Life Saver...
11. Hospital Stay
13. More Than Friends...
Manchester: 22 Angels
14. Preparing For The Worst
15. Panic Attack
2k Q&A!
16. Clean It Up
17. A String of Bad Luck
18. The String Continues...
Author's Note: Join Blake and the rest of Bay City High!
19. Missing Out
20. A New Team
21. There's Gonna Be A Much Bigger Problem Now
Author's Note: Real Quick...
Sneak Peek of Chapter 22: Tryouts
22. Tryouts
Sequel?
Sequel!
23: An Explanation
Sneak Peek of Chapter 24: Improvements and Moving On
Sequel Announcement!
24: Improvements and Moving On
25. Rekindling a New Flame
26: Sick Day
7k Q&A!
Sneak Peek of Chapter 27: Escape
Author's Note: I Got Some Questions to Ask
Sequel Sneak Peek: #CoachNerd: The Comeback + Cast List
27: Escape
28. Broken Bond
#FirstBookEnding
Girls, I Gotta Question For Ya...
29: The Final Game
Updated Cast List for #CoachNerd: The Comeback
30. #CoachNerd

12. The Fall...

440 18 40
By skzluvr45

It was 5 in the morning and I was still at the hospital. I sat in that same chair for five hours and didn't move. Well, I moved to eat and pee, but I never left Will's side after what happened. Alex had already gone home since I told him I'd find my own way home and Frankie gave Charlie a ride. Everyone had left and it was just me and him. Will and I.

After five hours you'd expect me to be completely well-rested, right? Wrong! I was in yesterday's dress and I was wide awake. I hadn't eaten in a while and I was so sleep-deprived, my eye bags had eye bags.
I just wanted to doze off, but my body was physically rejecting sleep, so I was very, very tired. I wanted to sleep and I couldn't fight it, so I decided to walk around a bit to wake up.

I got up to wander around the hospital, but not before I turned around to see William fast asleep. He was smiling a little and his dimples made me blush.

No, Blake! Bad girl! No fawning over Will. That's wrong! I mentally scold myself. I try to force myself out the door, but I couldn't resist.

Okay, but one more peek. I turn around again and I was met with brown eyes.

"Morning, beautiful," Will spoke in a raspy, kinda tired way.

His accent made me swoon internally, but I kept my composure.

"Good morning, Will. Did you sleep well?" I ask politely.

"Actually, I slept like a baby, thanks to you," Will replies, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, you looked like one, too," I mutter.

"You were watching me?" Will asks with a smirk.

"I mean, why wouldn't I? I couldn't sleep," I say, stretching. "So, how are you feeling?" I ask.

"Better, but I wouldn't feel complete without some breakfast first," Will says sitting up in his bed.

"Oh, I could get something from the cafeteria if you'd like." I offer.

"Naw, I think I want some August Family Diner breakfast. Ya know, the good stuff." Will says.

"I thought you hated my restaurant," I say crossing my arms.

"Well, I like it now. Please, Blake?" Will began to look at me with puppy dog eyes.

I couldn't resist those chocolate chip dots he called eyes. He even hit me with the pouty lip. Gosh, darn it! Why do you have to be so cute?

"Fine, I'll get you some food if you promise to be good while I'm gone." I nag Will.

"I pwomise," Will says in a baby voice.

I chuckle and proceed to exit the hospital to bring Will some food. I walk past some rushing doctors and some patients' rooms. It so happened that I had passed Ethan's room. Grayson had shown up and they looked like they were filming something.

"Well, that's all we have for you guys today. I will keep you updated on Ethan on our Snapchat and Instagram, which will be linked down in the description below." Grayson says to the camera.

"Peace!" Ethan waves and Grayson sticks out his tongue towards the camera. He shuts it off and gives his twin a pat on the leg, which makes Ethan wince. 

"Ah, chill dude, my stitches, Grayson!" Ethan responds in slight pain.

I giggle and interrupt.
"May I come in?" I ask politely.

"Coach Blake, hey," Grayson says, waving.

"Hi, Blake," Ethan says, rubbing his leg.

"How are my Identical Idiots doing?" I ask, scratching my hair with my red fingernails.

"Oh, Ethan got stitches last night and we decided to update our fans," Grayson explains.

"Fans?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah. We make YouTube videos every Tuesday. We just record a couple of days before," Grayson tells me.

"Oh, I didn't know that," I say surprised.

"Yeah, you might not know this, but us football players love to have side hobbies. Ethan and I make videos, and Will and Alex like to sing." Grayson explains.

"Oh, you guys play football, too? How come I've never seen you two?" I ask.

"We play junior varsity," Ethan replies.

"Oh, well, maybe I'll come see you play." I say with a smirk.

"Maybe you will." Grayson replies back.

"I'd like that." Ethan says quickly and covers his mouth with his hands.

I giggle and tap the door frame, signaling that I was headed out the door. The twins wave bye and I head to the elevator. As I get on and press the button for the first floor, a hand stops the doors from closing.

It was Nate. Oh. My. God. Nate came into the elevator and he was carrying a bouquet of flowers.

"Hello, Little Miss Geek."

"Hello, Nathan." I say in disgust.

"Going up?" Nate questions.

"Going down, actually." I say with crossed arms.

"Oh, well, I'll be patient. Get it? Patient?" Nate begins to laugh at his own terrible pun.

"What are you doing here, Nate?" I say annoyed.

"Visiting...a friend." Nate says suspiciously.

"Would that friend likely be the one you deliberately poisoned last night?" I question angrily.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Nate suddenly asks.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Nathan."

"I really don't." Nate lies.

"Will is in the hospital because of you! Don't play dumb, Nate! You tried to kill him!" I accuse Nate.

"What?!?" Nate asks quite loudly.

"Will wouldn't have had a seizure if you didn't spike the drinks!" I yell at him. 

"I had no part in that!" Nate fires back.

"I don't know what you're planning, but you better find your place or I'll find it for you." I say, all intimidating. 

"Look, geek for brains, if you think you have some kind of lead on me about who I am and what I do, you thought wrong!"

Nate began backing me into the corner of the elevator. My breaths hitched and my heartbeat to speed up. I was getting lightheaded. I was having an anxiety attack.

"You don't know me! You don't know anything about me!" Nate continued to yell at me.

Suddenly, the elevator jerked violently and then stopped.

"What was that?" I ask.

"I don't know." Nate replies.

The lights go out in a eerie flicker. We were in complete darkness. We both turned our flashlights on from our phones. My head began to spin and the walls were closing in. I began to breathe heavily. Nate hears this.

"What's wrong? Why are you breathing so heavy? Calm down." Nate tells me.

"I-I can't c-calm down. I'm having a bit of a anxiety attack right now!" I stutter.

"What? Are you afraid of the dark or something?" Nate asks, shining the light in my face.

"Claustrophobic, I'm claustrophobic." I reply, trying to steady my breathing.

"Just calm down and breathe," Nate stupidly suggests.

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, NATHAN! I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!" I scream.

I continued to hyperventilate. I guided myself to a wall and began to sink to the floor in the fetal position.  I cradled my knees in between my arms. Tears began to escape from my eyes. I was suffering. Nate began to panic as well and he was frantically searching for a way out. He starts to check the buttons to the elevator.

I look up in response.
"W-What are y-you doing?" I stutter again.

"Looking for a way out," Nate replies.

I sit in silence and watch Nate inspect the elevator with my flashlight. I check my battery life and realize that I only have 30% left and that there's no cell phone reception. 

"The buttons are all broken and the emergency button is jammed," Nate starts. He walks towards the doors and tried to pry them open.

"We're stuck in here." Nate says.

"We're gonna die in here, we're gonna die in here." I repeat while rocking back and forth.

"No one is gonna die, drama queen. We just have to look for an air vent or something that we can crawl through." Nate says.

He then shines the light up on the ceiling of the elevator and there was an air vent. I look up slowly, shuddering at the thought of what was going to happen next.

"Look, an air vent. Hey, we can crawl through there and find a way out." Nate suggests.

"No! No, I-I can't." I reply shaking.

"You can and you will. If you wanna stay in this dark, scary elevator, you can. I'm getting out of here." Nate says.

Nate then holds his phone between his teeth and flashes the light up to the ceiling vent. He was tall enough to reach the ceiling vent and he opens it.

"Okay, I'll give you a boost. Climb up." Nate says, locking his fingers to make a lift.

I shake my head furiously to tell him no.
"No. I'm not gonna do it."

"Blake, trust me, you'll be okay. Come on." Nate insists.

After contemplating the thought of stepping on Nate's hands to get out of here, I shot up.
"I don't trust you, but if this gets us out of here, then I'll do it." I say to him.

Nate then holds his phone back in his mouth and shines the light in the vent. He locks his hands again and I stand up, backing away from him to get a good start.  I put my left foot in his hands and my hands on his shoulders to get a good boost. Nate helps me into the vent and I scoot further away to make space for Nate. After he boosts me up there, Nate used his upper body strength and lifts himself inside the vent.

"Okay, so there should be a way out of here somewhere." Nate says as we crawl through the vent.

"Where, though?" I ask.

"Somewhere. One of these vent must lead to an room or something." Nate says as we make a sharp right through the vents.

"Do you even know where we're going?" I ask, winded from crawling on my hands and knees.

"Yes, I know where we're going! Hey, maybe you should stop questioning me!" Nate replies angrily.

"I can't believe that I'm stuck in a tight vent with you!" I yell.

"You and me both. So, shut up, you're making me claustrophobic." Nate replies.

"I'm making you

We kept crawling through the vents, making sharp turns, going left and right. Suddenly, a creaking noise could be heard all around us. That's not good.

"What was that sound?" Nate asks me.

"I don't know, but it doesn't sound good." I reply.

Soon, the creaking got louder until we felt something collapsing.
"Oh no." I stare at Nate in worry. He gives a similar look.

We immediately felt the weight of our bodies lift as we suddenly fell ten feet. I fell and landed on my side, my right shoulder taking the impact. The fall had knocked the wind out of me. I was gasping and wincing.
Nate, on the other hand, was barely hurt because of his strong build. He groans loudly from the pain, but soon turns around to notice me in pain. My blurry vision made it hard for me to see Nate, but I  could feel my body being lifted off of the floor. My feet no longer touched the ground and my arms were draped over Nate's neck.

"Let's get you some help and find out where we are in this place." His voice echoed in my ears.

My eyes fluttered shut as Nate carried me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 45.5K 69
SEQUEL to THE COACH'S DAUGHTER. Complete. One fateful night changed it all. Since being thrown in each other's worlds, Amelia and Zack have jumped ov...
1.1M 22.3K 43
Amy Blooms is the self-proclaimed 'nerd' Of BH High School. She is way too obsessed With Books And Tv Shows and spends her Free Time Solving Maths Eq...
3.2K 72 15
It's amazing how no one notices anything about you except what they want to see. 18 year old Blake Smith was not the most outgoing girl to be honest...
343 1 32
No matter how hard you try to be perfect, what will be will always be. Hailey knew what she wanted to do with her life since they age of 10. F...