A Love Like Ours

By xxlove2writexx

Amelia Tompkins is a 29 year old who's life is falling apart. She's pretty sure her husband of 8 years is hav... More

Prologue (Revised)
Chapter 1 (revised)
Chapter 2 (revised)
Chapter 3 (revised)
Chapter 4 (revised)
Chapter 5 (revised)
Chapter 6 (revised)
Chapter 7 (revised)
Chapter 8 (revised)
Chapter 9 (revised)
Chapter 10 (revised)
Chapter 11 (revised)
Author's Note
Chapter 12 (revised)
Chapter 13 (revised)
Chapter 14 (revised)
Chapter 15 (revised)
Chapter 17 (revised)
Author's Note
Chapter 18: Part 1(revised)
Chapter 18: Part 2
Chapter 19
Author's Note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Possible Sequel!

Chapter 16 (revised)

1.8K 93 10
By xxlove2writexx

The chapter is dedicated to spiritualray! Thanks for the awesome comments and for reading my book! Please don't forget to vote and if you like the story please share it with your friends!

Much love M.

********************************************

Stunned does not even begin to describe what I am feeling. Did he really just ask me to kiss him in a round about way? Do I want to kiss him? Oh my this is too much. Surely he's only joking, right? Looking over his face I can tell that he is serious about this and is waiting for my answer. What am I suppose to do? I sit there thinking about what to do whenever I hear him speak.

"Answer the question Mia."

"I........I......" I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this, when I hear my phone ring. Thankful for the interruption I pick it up to answer.

"Hello."

"Miaaaaa." I hear the person on the other end of the line slur.

"Yeah."

"You don't sound too happy to hear my voice love."

"Probably because you're wasted." I say becoming annoyed.

"Awe love! Don't be like that." He slurs once more.

"I'm not in the mood for this tonight Tyler. Tell me where you are and I will send a cab to pick you up and take you home."

"I'm at a bar with Tom, my friend from college, and some more people that we've made friends with. They are so much fun, and I'm not going home right now, unless you meet me there." He says trying to sound seductive and failing due to all the alcohol running though his system.

He is really starting to get on my nerves. The only reason I can think he would be acting this way is the alcohol. He is starting to remind me of Joshua when he would drink, and I don't like it at all. This is not the same guy that I have spent the last few months getting to know, and care for.

"If you called just to agitate me, then I am going to hang up now. I'm not interested in what you are doing at some bar."

"That's not why I called. I actually do have a reason for ringing you."

"Then what is that reason?" I snap.

"You know what I want, so why don't you meet me at my place and give it to me?"

"Are you serious right now? This boy has lost his mind! I'll be right back."I say to Austin, who in return says okay as I start to walk towards his room.

"Who are you talking to Amelia? That better have not been a guy I heard answer you!"

"Calm down Tyler, that was Austin. You know good and well that's where I am at. Again I told you when I talked to you this morning I was going to be spending the evening with him." I say sitting on the edge of Austin's bed.

"I just don't understand why you're still there! Don't you think it's a little too late to still be there?"

"Excuse me?!" I ask becoming more annoyed. "Who do you think you are, my father?!"

"You can call me daddy if that's what you're into. Are you going to leave and meet me back at mine?"

"No Tyler I'm not. I've only been with Austin for a few hours and I'm not leaving, especially to do what you're wanting me to do."

"So what you're saying is you'd rather be with him than your boyfriend?"

"No, that's not what I'm saying, and you know it. Why are you acting this way towards me?"

"Why are you ways choosing him over me?" When he says this I can hear a girls voice in the back ground tell him that she wouldn't choose anyone over him. He'd always be at the top of her list.

"My God Tyler, I'm not choosing anyone over you. I'm just not about to leave here and come meet up with you at a bar when you are already wasted. Why don't you just go home and sleep it off and I'll come see you in the morning?"

"Not happening. If you're not coming over then I'm not leaving here. I'm having too much fun with my new friends." He says. "Hold on one second love."

As I'm waiting I can hear a girl in the background say, "Would you get off the phone and come back to me. I'm getting lonely over here by myself." And then I hear Tyler tell her to shut up before she gets him in trouble. A minute later he is back on the phone.

"Sorry love I had to deal with something here."

"Who was the girl you where talking to and what's going on over there?"

"Nothing love, that's just some girl that Tom knows."

"Don't lie to me Tyler I heard what she told you." I say raising my voice.

"This is stupid. Are you going to come over or not?" He asks.

"No I'm not. I already told you that. Plus it doesn't sound like I'm needed. I think you already have all the company you need."

"Whatever Amelia. You're really being a selfish whore! Leading Austin on while dating me, who does that?"

"Tyler I'm going to say goodbye before you can say anything else you might not remember in the morning. I hope that the way you feel and the fun you're having now is worth what you're giving up by acting his way." I say tears coming to my eyes. "When you wake up in he morning and want to call me, don't because I'm done. I care about you, but I will not be treated this way again."

With that I hang up and the tears start to fall. I am sitting there on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands, when I hear the door of the room open and then close. I feel Austin wrap his arms around me and tell me it's going to be alright. Eventually he pulls away and cups my face in his hands wiping my tears away. He looks at me for a moment before finally speaking.

"Are you alright?"

"I don't know." I answer honestly.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Not really. I'm sorry for ruining your welcome home night."

"Nonsense. It's not your fault he's acting like an idiot."

"I just don't understand. Why is he acting this way?"

"Sweetheart, tell me what he said." Austin says taking a seat beside me on the bed.

"Promise me you won't get mad."

"I'll try, but I can't promise."

"Long story short, he's mad because I won't come to his place to have sex and called me a selfish whore."

"He did what?" Austin yells while standing from the bed. "I'm going to kill that idiot. He has no right to call you or any other woman that, for any reason.".

"Austin please calm down." I say going to stand in front of him. "I told him not to call me when he wakes up in the morning, that I was done."

"Good, because you deserve better than that."

"I know, it just hurts. I didn't think that I could get so attached to someone so quickly. I really do care for him, a lot."

"I know, but things will get better. I promise." He says wrapping me in his arms once more. "Mia can I ask you a personal question without you getting mad."

"Yes, you can ask me anything."

"I know it's really non of my business, but did you and Tyler ever sleep together?"

I just shake my head no against his chest and feel his arms tighten around me. Standing in his arms makes me realize that everything will work out how it's suppose to in the end. This has to be the safest and most comfortable place on earth. Several minutes later I pull away from him and look up to his face.

"Thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Always." He whispers and kisses my forehead. "You tired?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

"Probably." He smirks.

"Well are you?"

"I could sleep."

"Okay well I'll just go and you can sleep. I'll come back over tomorrow after you've rested." I say turning to walk into his bathroom to change back into my clothes.

"Stay." He says grabbing onto my wrist.

"What?"

"It's already late, so why don't you just stay with me tonight? I mean it's not like you haven't stayed over before."

"Okay." I say. I don't know why but I feel nervous all of the sudden.

Austin still holding my wrist, leads me over to the bed and helps me in. He then climbs in on his side and pulls me to his chest wrapping me back in his arms. I place my one arm around him and my head on his chest. I can already tell I am going to sleep good tonight. I forgot just how comfortable his bed and arms are, since it's been a while since I've stayed here. As I'm falling a sleep I feel Austin kiss my forehead and tighten his hold on me. I can't help but think about his question earlier. If asked again, would I kiss Austin?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 3.9K 41
Amelia is 20 when she moves in with her brother in woodlands. What she didn't expect was to meet his best friend Mason a serial player. She wants not...
394K 14.7K 46
Amelia was working in her dream job. Good job, good pay, and good boss! Then, something changes and life takes an unexpected turn. Welcome to the unp...
100 0 11
Amelia has been a workaholic all her life. When she eventually reached the age of marriage, she accepted the arrangement her parents made for her wit...