Luna Hana

By nicolevf14

-COMPLETED- After twenty-one years of a quiet, conservative lifestyle in the Gold Wind pack, Hana Hawthorne'... More

Chapter 1 - The Ceremony
Chapter 2 - Goodbye
Chapter 3 - Blue Mountain
Chapter 4 - The Family
Chapter 5 - Don't Cry
Chapter 6 - Heat
Chapter 7 - Opal Crescent
Chapter 8 - Mirror, Mirror
Chapter 9 - Alphas
Chapter 10 - Black Lace
Chapter 11 - The Date
Chapter 12 - Answers
Chapter 13 - Crescent Moon
Chapter 14 - Rogue's Fate
Chapter 15 - Brothers
Chapter 16 - The Spell
Chapter 17 - Double Bond
Chapter 18 - Jump
Chapter 19 - Whiskey
Chapter 20 - Desire
Chapter 21 - The Plan
Chapter 23 - Tomorrow
Chapter 24 - A Challenge
Chapter 25 - Deception
Chapter 26 - Betrayal
Chapter 27 - Brothers' Battle
Chapter 28 - Black and White
Chapter 29 - Airplane
Chapter 30 - Hazel
Chapter 31 - Introductions
Chapter 32 - Alone Time
Chapter 33 - Good Behavior
Chapter 34 - Surprise
Chapter 35 - Life
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
THANK YOU!!

Chapter 22 - Compromise

48K 1.7K 282
By nicolevf14

I stared at my little sister for what seemed like ages. I wanted nothing more than to be with her, to help raise her in this confusing time in her life. Blue Mountain would serve as a better home for her than Gold Wind. All she had there was our father who was likely too consumed by his own grief and self-pity to care about raising a thirteen-year-old girl. In Blue Mountain, Hailey could be a part of our family – I could be there for her, and she'd get to know Wyatt's family.

But what if I didn't want to be with Wyatt? What would happen to her then? I couldn't possibly expect my thirteen-year-old sister to accept life as a rogue. I could barely accept it myself!

"H-Hailey," I stuttered. "Things are just...very complicated right now. I promise I'll explain it all to you, but it's too much to tell right now."

Her face lit up with hope, resulting in a sinking feeling in my stomach, "So you're going to come home?"

I didn't know what to say to her. Part of me wanted to be livid with Wyatt for using my own sister against me. He knew she was my weak spot, but looking into his sad, tired eyes, I found my anger fading. He loved me, and he wanted me to come home. He was desperate. If he were a truly cruel man, he could have threatened my sister's life or even taken me against my will in this moment.

"I'll come back for a few days to visit you," I said. I desperately wanted to spend time with my sister, and it would only be fair to give Wyatt another chance. Maybe he would be more understanding this time.

Hailey jumped up and down excitedly, and I forced a sad smile. I didn't miss the smile that also appeared on Wyatt's face. He looked so sad and worn down. It was truly difficult to see my mate, a strong Alpha, in such a condition.

I turned my attention towards Wyatt for a moment as I pulled Hailey into a hug, "This does not mean I'm choosing you over Rhett. I'm simply giving you an equal chance like I have him, and spending time with my sister," I explained.

Wyatt nodded in understanding, although he didn't look happy, "I'll prove to you that Blue Mountain is where you belong, Hana."

Ignoring his comment, I had an assertion of my own, "I need to go back to Rhett to let him know what's going on. I'll meet you back here when I'm done."

Wyatt frowned but nodded. Maybe he was beginning to realize he didn't have complete control over me anymore, and that forbidding me from something wasn't going to accomplish anything.

I nodded in return and nudged Hailey back in Wyatt's direction. She shot me a look of confusion but obliged.

I quickly walked a safe distance away before darting behind a tree, removing my clothing, and shifting into my wolf form. I'd be much faster this way. With my wolf in control, we sprinted back half a mile to where Rhett and his men awaited us.

As their distinct rogue smell overcame us, we came to a halt and dodged behind a tree once again to shift and change back into the clothes we had been carrying on our back. I walked the remainder of the way in my human form.

Rhett greeted me as soon as he sensed my presence. He popped out from behind a tree and pulled me tightly against his chest.

"How'd it go?" he asked.

I hesitated, not sure how to tell him the news. I didn't want to leave him, even if it was just for a few days. Everything about the situation I was in was deeply conflicting.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Rhett asked softly as he cupped my face in his hands.

"My...my sister. She's a member of Blue Mountain pack now," I told him quietly.

I felt Rhett's whole body tense against mine in response to my words, "That son of a bitch..."

"But...but it's truly better for her there. I know my father wasn't caring for her properly at home, and I miss her terribly," I rambled as tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

"I...I told her things were complicated, but I also told her I'd come visit for a few days," I admitted.

I felt a growl deep within Rhett's chest. He didn't want me going back with Wyatt, especially since he felt I was being manipulated.

"I don't want you to go," he murmured against my cheek.

"I know, but I have to for a little while. It's my sister," I explained.

Rhett nodded, being the understanding man he was, "You promised us both an equal chance, so I guess it's his turn again."

I nodded in return and smiled at him before kissing him softly on his lips, "A fair chance..."

"I just want you to know ahead of time, I'm going to call for more warriors. I know my brother, and I have a bad feeling that he may try to attack us once you're back in his territory," Rhett told me.

I nodded, completely understanding his reasoning. They needed to be able to protect themselves if Wyatt were to strike back. I hoped that he wouldn't, but he was an Alpha. There was no telling.

"I love you Rhett," I murmured against his lips.

"I know you do babe, but you love him too."

I smiled up at this handsome man. He was so understanding.

"If you decide to be with me, we will figure out everything with your sister. I promise," he said.

Rhett pressed his lips eagerly against mine, sliding his tongue into my mouth to make sure I remembered him. Although I only planned to be away for a few days, you never knew what might happen with Wyatt. I hoped he would be more understanding, but he could always try and lock me up like the last time I was in Blue Mountain. We had to be prepared for that possibility.

"If you're gone for more than four days without telling me yourself that you're choosing to stay, we'll come for you," Rhett told me as he held my face anxiously.

"Okay," I said as I smiled sadly to him. Even if I wasn't completely sure about everything yet, Rhett had been so good to me that it was hard to leave.

I quickly pulled away from Rhett after granting him one last kiss. I was afraid if I stayed with him any longer that I might change my mind.

I made my walk back towards Wyatt without stopping to look back. I knew if I looked back, the emotions would hit me even harder. Warm tears streamed down my face as I trekked through the forest, allowing my wolf senses to guide me back to the proper place.

Being consumed by my thoughts made the time go by much faster. Soon enough, I found myself standing in the exact same area and Wyatt and Hailey appearing from behind the trees.

Wyatt gently wiped the tears from my cheeks, "Let's go home love," he said softly.

Hailey smiled widely as she quickly approached me and grabbed my hand, holding it firmly in her smaller one.

I don't know how long it took us to get back to Blue Mountain. I was numb as I walked the way hand in hand with my sister and my mate. Although they seemed happy, I found the atmosphere to be quite somber. Soon enough, I saw the massive pack house appear between the trees.

The pack territory was beautiful as always. I took special notice to the garden in the back that seemed to be flourishing. Wyatt led us around to the grand door at the front of the pack house and walked us inside. I was instantly greeted with 'welcomes' and 'welcome back Luna' from the pack members, as if they didn't know I'd escaped on my own accord.

Wyatt and Hailey continued to guide me as we made our way up the staircase and towards the Alpha's quarters. It was only late afternoon, so I was sure I was only being taken up there so that Wyatt and I could talk alone. I couldn't even imagine how many of his duties he was putting off just to find me and talk with me.

We finally made it up the staircase and in front of the door to the Alpha's quarters. Wyatt crouched down to Hailey's level and smiled as he looked her in the eye, "Your sister and I need to talk for a little while. Why do you find Olivia and have her show you some more of our territory?"

Hailey nodded enthusiastically, obviously already in love with Wyatt and his family. Without delay, she scurried back down the staircase towards the family's quarters to find Olivia.

Wyatt swiftly unlocked his door and pulled me inside. Although my surroundings were familiar, they seemed foreign now. We walked to the living room in silence, neither of us knowing quite what to say now that we were alone. Hadn't everything already been said?

There was so much hurt between us now that I didn't even know how to get back to how things were. I walked to the large sofa facing one of the many floor-to-ceiling windows that this pack house was known for. Although I'd been in the same area, I had missed these breathtaking views.

"Let's talk," Wyatt suggested as he took a seat on the couch.

I sat next to him, but left a couple feet of space between us, "What is there to talk about anymore?"

"We're mates, Hana. We love each other. I can't wrap my mind around why you've changed so suddenly," he replied.

I let out a long sigh and shook my head, "You told me to leave, Wyatt. That's what changed things. You hurt me."

Wyatt ran his fingers through his hair, tugging at the short strands in frustration, "That was wrong of me, and I'm truly sorry."

"I've been trying to understand all of this Hana, I really have, but I just can't. It hurts too much. It fucking kills me knowing you've been with another man...knowing another man could potentially take you away from me forever. I just...I'll do anything I can to remind you of the love we share," Wyatt told me, his voice rugged.

His blue eyes appeared glassy, tears threatening to break through at any moment. My heart sank at the image. My mate...Wyatt, one of the toughest Alphas, was on the verge of tears because of me. Our mate bond tugged at my heart, urging me to comfort him.

I couldn't resist it anymore.

I scooted across the couch, closing the distance between us and wrapped my thin arms around his large frame. I buried my face in his shoulder, basking in the warm sparks that came from his touch. Seconds later, his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into his lap. Although I still didn't know where things stood between us, I loved this man, my mate.

"We'll take it one day at a time. We'll see where this all takes us," I whispered against his shoulder.

He nodded and squeezed my tighter to his chest, "What can I do to help?"

I remained silent for a moment, not sure how to answer him. What could he do? I didn't have a clue what could be done to make this situation easier.

Then an idea popped into my head.

"I want you and Rhett to have a formal meeting. First alone, and then with your parents," I stated.

Wyatt's whole body tensed, obviously not keen on the idea. Likely, such a meeting would involve a lot of yelling and accusations from both parties, but how could I ever choose which man to be with until they first settled their own family issues?

"I'll do it for you," Wyatt grunted.

Our conversation was cut short by the noise of feet running down the hallway. We both craned our necks back to see who it was, and were met with a very happy Hailey.

Hailey beamed at us, loving the sight of our embrace, "Yes! I knew you two would make up! You're mates, mates can't stay mad at each other."

I forced a smile, knowing this was raising the hopes of my naïve younger sister. I wiggled out of Wyatt's grasp and slowly approached Hailey, holding my hand out for her to grab.

"Come on, I'd like to show you the garden," I told her.

She smiled and nodded eagerly, quickly taking my hand and pulling me towards the exit of the Alpha's quarters.

Now, it was time to try and explain this mess to my sister. If I simply let her believe things were okay between Wyatt and I, I'd only break her heart in the long run. After all, there was still no guarantee that I was staying in Blue Mountain.

Alright ya'll! What do you think? I know some of you are sad about the lack of Rhett now, but this book is about halfway finished now, so I guarantee there will be plenty of action and drama ahead! Please continue to VOTE, comment, etc! 

Also, if you're not already reading Luna Lena, PLEASE check it out! Those of you who are missing Rhett's presence may be able to get your fix from reading the newest chapter of Lena ;) (Hint Hint! PS - if you read Luna Lena just keep in mind that it takes place 3 years BEFORE Hana's story)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

656K 15.3K 25
(EPILOGUE ADDED) [Final Update: April 22, 2020] Rank: #209 in Werewolf (April 24, 2015) Rank: #269 in luna (June 25, 2020) PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT I...
236K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
208K 7.2K 33
One night changes Sierra's life forever when she loses everything except her toddler niece. In charge of the last six members of her pack, it is up...
121K 3.4K 52
Disrespect her and your dead. Try and push her down and she will knock you down with twice as much force. Bailey Lowell is the daughter of two of t...