"Name's Newt" | newtmas

By mychemicalrainbows

"Name's Newt, not Sonya." More

prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine

chapter five

418 25 23
By mychemicalrainbows

"I'm all yours, I've got no control."

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Minho hated me. He hated me at it was my fucking fault, I shouldn't have tried to get closer to Newt in the first place, when I knew that Minho had a fucking crush on him.

"Are you alright?" I heard Newt ask right next to me. His voice sounded slightly concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine, everything is alright," I replied quickly and immediately started to walk again.

Newt looked ridiculously handsome in our school uniforms. The uniforms we had to wear at our school, contained basic black trousers with a white shirt and a teal pullover. Shoes had to be usual sneakers and that was mostly it. Our school didn't care about jewellery and hairstyles, as long as they weren't like completely inappropriate. They didn't even say anything against Teresa's blue dyed hair she had after one summer holiday.

Whereas for most of us the school uniform was just stupid, I was incredibly thankful for it right now. The shade of blue of the pullover suited Newt perfectly, especially with his blonde hair and amazing brown eyes.

"So, I've never asked you, where you live?" I asked him with smile, as we finally exited the school building.

Newt laughed, looking like he enjoyed the conversation we had. "It's not far away from school actually, only a ten minute walk in that direction." He pointed into the street that went left from our school.

"My direction," I rejoiced, smiling at him softly. "So we can walk together, I guess. Then I can enjoy your company a little longer."

He nodded with a big smile. "I actually don't know much about you, apart from the fact that your ability of taking selfies is the worst."

Oh... yeah... I had texted with Newt, after I added him to our group chat and we sent profile pictures and Newt had started joking a little bit about how horrible mine looked and that I should learn how to properly take pictures - especially selfies.

"Well then, have you got any favourite bands? I am sure, you listen to a lot of music?" I demanded jokingly, as we started walking down the street.

I liked the weather in New York most of the time. Living in New York was really nice - well the majority of it was nice. There were of course some not so nice things about it, but that was probably the case in every city.

"My heart belongs to fall out boy, since like forever, I went to a concert once in Britain and it was like the best thing ever," Newt giggled and his eyes were lightning up again. Certainly one of the cutest things I ever saw on someone.

"Same, but I've never been to concert before, when they come to town we should definitely go there," I offered and my mind was already imagining how amazing going to a concert with Newt would be. I enjoyed his company a lot and his arm was still linked with mine, so our shoulders touched occasionally as we further went down the street.

Newt smiled at me and fumbled in the pockets of his trousers, looking at me triumphantly as he found headphones and his phone. "I have every album, I am kind of a real fan and also trash, but well."

Sharing a headphone with Newt was one of the best experiences ever. I loved how we had to walk a little bit closer due to the fact that others the headphones would fall out of our ears.

The familiar sound of Favourite record by Fall out boy filled my ears and I heard Newt sing along with the lyrics, like he knew every single one of them - wich he probably in fact did.

I liked this side of Newt it was a different to all of the others. Most of the time he came off kind of serious and pretty uptight in a way, but right now he was just like every other teenage boy I knew.

We basically ran down the street, singing the lyrics of the song, while trying to annoy all of the people living there.

"You were the song stuck in my head, every song that I've ever loved, played again and again and again," he sang freely and I just loved his voice. I had to ask him to sing for sometime soon. Hopefully he wouldn't think that I was completely weird...

"And you can get what you want but it's never enough, and I spin for you like your favorite records used to," he continued, looking at me invitingly. "Come on, Tommy, you have to sing along, how could I otherwise know that you're a true fan, maybe you're just a fake fan and you do all of this to come closer to me."

I looked at me and couldn't help but start laughing endearingly. "Well even if I may do just that, you'll never know... Also if you come home with me, then I can show you how much I love these bands. My whole room is fully decorated with posters."

"Well I would love to, but my mum is probably really worried by now, so I'd rather rush and get home like soon," Newt replied smiling and added with a smirk. "Maybe you just waited for me to come home with you, so you can murder me and nobody will ever know."

"There's a room in a hotel in New York City, that shares our fate and deserves our pity," I quoted and smirked back at Newt. We completely spoke the same language and I think I'd never ever in my life had an immediate connection with someone like that

"So you're not a fake fan, I guess," Newt just concluded. "Hopefully I'm not jumping to conclusions, when I make that assumption."

"You'd really take me for a cold-hearted killer? Wow I feel strangely honoured," I interrupted myself, as we had arrived at the end of the street. "So right, left or straight ahead?"

"Right and you?" Newt replied and I was a little bit (positively) surprised that he got what I wanted to say without even thinking about it twice.

My mind usually worked too fast for most of the people, I jumped from one topic to another between seconds, but Newt seemed to follow each of these steps easily.

"Same, so more chances for me figure out a plan how to kill you the best," I said with a smile, as we continued to walk down the streets. Fall out boy continued to play, as we started talking about different topics.

"So you're lived in New York your whole life?" Newt asked me interested, while glancing around at the different houses.

"Yeah, it's a really nice city, especially Greenwich Village, I mean the houses are all pretty great and we could have it much worse," I replied and smiled at him. "Well it may be a little confusing at first, but I like it."

"Come on, I literally got lost the first day I went to school, since... I don't even know why to be honest, but I got lost again in the afternoon and went back home with google maps," he told me with a giggle. (One of the cutest sounds ever, like actually ever.) "And then my mum got so worried, she nearly called the police, I got home the moment she had already typed in the number of them... But it was the emergency number from the UK not the US."

"You're so British," I managed to say, but bursted out into laughter in the middle of the street. "Like you're actually so fucking British."

"Do you think that this is a bad thing?" Newt asked me, glaring at me pretty convincingly angry. "Do you think that you Americans are better than Britons?"

"No, you completely got that wrong, it was actually a huge compliment," I clarified, still half-laughing. "I love Britain, it's just that you're so not used to the US." Newt wanted to say something, but I quickly added. "I mean, I would be so much more lost in the UK than you are in the US. Especially with the driving, like you drive on the left, let alone that would freak me out so much."

"You kinda managed to make it better," Newt told me with a smile. "I think, I can forgive you for that, considering that you like probably the most bands I do, too and that you are kinda the only friend I have right now."

"Just tell me directly that you will replace me the second you find a new friend," I answered, playfully pouting. "I can't believe that you would be so mean to me."

Newt laughed, as I stopped laughing in the middle of the street and he had to pull me further. "Don't be such a sorehead."

I couldn't believe that I was comfortable enough with Newt to joke around with him like we'd known each other for literally ages. Maybe we had met each other before, like a life before this. We could have been best friends back then, that would make sense, I guessed...

"We should really walke more and talk less," I said and starting running, causing Newt to run after me, chasing me down the street, until he caught me nearly at the end of the street.

His arms were around me, as we stopped, laughing carefree. I steadied myself at his pullovers, since I nearly fell over, as he had caught me.

"Got you," he told me with a smirk, letting go of me - sadly, he should have just continued to hold me like that, it was so nice to be in his arms, I missed that feeling already.

"Well then," I replied and asked him again. "Right, left or straightforward?"

"Left this time, what about you?" he answered with a laugh, his eyes were shining with happiness, he seemed to be truly happy right now.

"Straightforward," I responded and couldn't help, but make that joke. "Well unlike me, you know?"

"You are literally the worst, Tommy," Newt told me with a grin and leaned in. For a minute I thought that he was about to kiss my cheek, which would have probably ended me fainting, but then his soft lips landed my cheek. "Well then see you tomorrow at school, we can walk there together if you want."

With these words he turned left and walking down the street. I looked after him and how his head indicated that he was singing along some songs again. My fingers touched my cheek, where Newt's lips had touched it seconds ago, almost prayerful.

I walked over the street continuing my way home, while thinking about how Newt had kissed me, he had kissed my cheek and I had loved it probably a little too much. He also wanted to walk to school with me tomorrow in the morning. It was almost like a date, I mean, could you count walking to school as a date? Probably not, but I still would.

Then I remembered Minho and how he was actually my best friend. I couldn't go around calling Newt my best friend, when it was Minho. We had gone through everything together, I mean yes, we fought every other day, but he was still my best friend. It was the strange feeling of replacement, I felt guilty, because of it.

I had to talk to Teresa about this, Teresa always sorted out Minho's and mine friendship troubles, she was kind of a genius, when it came to fixing in interpersonal relationships. She also was my female best friend, so like my platonic girlfriend.

That sounded weirder than I intended it to sound... Well...

As I finally entered the street, where we were living, I sighed. That was the reason, why I normally took the bus, I had to walk twenty minutes to get to my house. For someone as unfit as me, that was a lot, like a lot a lot.

Why did I do this in the first place? Or a better question, why did I think that this was a good idea? Because it wasn't, it was a horrible idea.

I just did it for Newt, since I wanted to spend more time with him and it was probably worth it though...

Eventually I saw my house and ran the last few kilometres and then quickly rang the doorbell. "Fuck," I cursed. "Fuck, I should really do more sports, I am so unfit."

"Yeah, you should, Thomas," I heard the voice of my smaller brother - Aris. I didn't realise that the door was opened, since I was too busy, trying to get air.

"I hate you, now let me in, I walked home from school and I'm pissed off," I told him, going inside. "Is mum already back?"

"She is and mama is back, too, they said they needed a break, so they just took this day off," Aris told me with a smirk. "And they said that you're late again and you should stop talking with your friends at school after class so much."

Aris was in middle school and next year would attend my high school, too. We were only one year apart, so also only one year at school apart.

Gladly the neighbourhood was really accepting when it came to gay couples, so our mums didn't get a lot of hate. We were simply a really happy family.

"Mum, Mama, I'm home," I shouted through our house, waiting for an answer, where they were.

"They are in the kitchen, we've been waiting for you to come home. Mama made her family secret cake and Mum has threatened to eat all of it, if you don't come home soon," Aris told me seriously.

I nodded. "Well then, let's go, before they have eaten everything and we get nothing of that special cake."

We both started running in the kitchen, where like he said, they sat at the table already.

Mum stood up, looking at me reproachfully. "Come home sooner next time, the bus doesn't take that long to drive here."

"Jasmine, let's eat first and then we talked about why he came late," Mama told her with a smile and I sent her a thankful glance.

"Okay, Madelyn, you're right, let's eat first," she said and looked at me again. "But we're not over that topic yet."

"Mum!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 509 31
𝗆𝗈𝗈𝗇 /mo͞on/ 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘣 - 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐒�...
590K 13.3K 69
"𝐢 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠." 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 �...
328K 14K 34
[the maze runner] i've been lost. but as i find him again, it feels like such a relief. a fresh breath of air. peace, at last. [newt x male!oc]
542K 23.1K 37
•completed• Newt: a smart, shy freshman nervous about enrolling in college Thomas: an energetic, outgoing sophomore ready for love How will these two...