The Billionaire Playboy's Bri...

By Meghana_N_S

Can be read as a STAND ALONE BOOK! "Sign!" He demanded. A signature. Just a signature's gonna change both ou... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: First Meeting
Chapter 2: The Proposition
Chapter 3: Her Plot!
Chapter 4: Shock! Not a Surprise.
Chapter 5: The Contract!
Chapter 6: Wedding Shopping!
Chapter 7: Negotiation!
Chapter 8: Life with Him?
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony & Reception!
Chapter 10: Wedding Night!
Chapter 11: Suspicions
Chapter 12: Intention?!
Chapter 13: Distance
Chapter 14: Him!
Chapter 15: Nowhere!
Chapter 16: New Entry
Chapter 17: Dinner & with Barbie
Chapter 18: Ex Bitch!
Chapter 19: Harsh Slap
Chapter 20: Affair with my Husband!
Chapter 21: Misunderstood Feelings
Chapter 22: Past Revelations!
Chapter 23: Divorce & Kidnap?
Chapter 24: Clarified Confusion!
Chapter 25: Accidents!
Chapter 26: Away from him.
Chapter 27: New Doubts...
Chapter 28: Loud & Clear!
Chapter 30: Last Chance...
Chapter 31: Mystery
Chapter 32: Abducted?
Chapter 33: Hope.
Chapter 34: Escape?
Chapter 35: Runaway Again.
Chapter 36: A Missing Puzzle
Chapter 37: Partial?
Chapter 38: Questions.
Chapter 39: Answers.
Chapter 40: Get together
Chapter 41: Locked.
Chapter 42: Ours..
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2

Chapter 29: Confirmations..

20.5K 839 52
By Meghana_N_S

Evelyn's POV

"Did you talk to him?" Chrissy asked.

"Of course not! I waited the entire night. And the next day I get to hear from his mouth that he was out with his ex the entire night!" I said as I blew my nose with a tissue.

"The entire night? How would you know that? I heard him Kate. But whatever he said could also mean that he just met her and came back." She said in a duh tone.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Of course! Now go talk to him!" She pushed me to stand up.

I stood up.... but instead of going to him I went into the back garden. I took out my phone and called Nick. "Nick.... come down to the back garden." I whispered.
All I heard was the sound of his breathing. I simply cut the call and didn't wait for his reply because I knew he's going to be coming down by now.

"Evelyn?" He called out and I looked back at him and nodded for him to come forward and sit next to me. He frowned when he saw I was sitting alone especially with just a robe covering my previous outfit. "What are you doing here? All by yourself?" He asked as he sat down next to me. Very close I must say.

"I wanted to just... talk to you. I mean... you know.... we haven't been on good terms since I moved out. So...." I trailed not knowing how to start off.
"You remember? That day when I came back home seeing you and Barbara in each other's arms-"

"That was because that girl was psychic. She wanted to commit suicide because I married you and not her. And in case you forgot... I did say Isabella was there and she was in the washroom when you actually arrived and saw us.... hmph..." he sighed but I smiled knowing that he's telling the truth.

"And then one day you slapped me!" I frowned at that memory. That still brought a painful squeeze to my heart.

"That was because you were riling me up... but that's not an excuse" he narrows his eyes at me as he pulled me to face him.

"Yeah... but that wasn't riling... I was just talking about Melanie and you got angry cause I called her a bitch." I reminded him.

"Yeah? I don't even remember why we fought. But that was definitely not because you cursed her. I told you earlier... it was just a reflex..."

"Mhmm..." I just hmphed at what he said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He made an ugly snarl at me.

"It's ok. Forget it. It's in the past now, we are already getting a divorce. What more can we do about it? Right?" I said and his eyes had that confusion mixed with pain, but he kept quiet looking down at his lap. "So... what plans do you have after this? Is there going to be a quick wedding with-" I stopped when his eyes snapped at me.

"With?" He hissed.

"Melaanieee...?" I said with a confused fake smile but quickly snapped my mouth shut when I looked his way and saw his glare directed towards me.

"I didn't know you daydream about making my life a nightmare." He sent a rather rough, scary smirk.

"Daydream?" What is he actually taking about?

"Why do you want make my life hell getting me married to that girl." he said but his face had softened now as he pat my head lovingly. There was a rare emotion I saw in his eyes. Like he could read and understand me now. And I definitely didn't like that.

"Isn't that what you want?" I asked softly. I didn't think he heard. But he replied anyways.

"Why do you assume what I want. Ask me and I'll tell you. Melanie is definitely not on my list." He said with a genuine smile gracing his lips as he pulled my head onto his chest and I felt him kiss the top of my head.

"You spent the entire night with her? What were you exactly doing?" I'm sure they weren't playing 'truth or dare' the entire night.

"Entire night?" He pulled my shoulder to look at me with a ridiculed expression. "Who bloody told you that?!"

"Uhm... I guessed?" I giggled and he looked even more... confused.

"Evelyn! Stop assuming and guessing things. You are very bad at it!" He said and got up to sit on the bench opposite me as he was now facing me.

"Really? Then could you actually share some of your last night experiences...?" I said folding my hands with fake excitement and fake dreamy eyes.

He rolled his eyes then looked straight at me and started with a nod, "Yesterday after I left home, it almost slipped out of my mind that you were home. And I was out the entire day with Mark! We were looking at the CCTV footages of your restaurant. We felt like we saw something. But again, we're not sure. Anyways.... I was there looking at the footages the entire night. I was the one to call Melanie so that we could meet up, she seemed to know something about it. And she had a shoot so she could only meet after two days. That is why I went to meet her at the shoot place...-"

"Wait!" I interrupted. Like always. "Wasn't she doing an ad with Max? They're still not done with it?" I asked suspiciously.

"She's signed a new movie with them!" He narrowed his eyes at me angrily and I rolled my eyes.

"See one question about Melanie, and he's already angry." I murmured to myself, but he heard it. Good thing. I actually wanted him to listen. "Continue." I said and was suddenly disappointed that he wasn't next to me so that I could lean on to him.

"Well yeah... the shoot place was.... not..." I got up and sat next to him putting my head on his chest as his hand surrounded my shoulders.

"Continue please." I repeated again.

"Well that's not really a good place. I saw Melanie. I met her. I couldn't get to speak to her though. Cause I saw Isabella and her best friend. And I had to drag them out of that place." He said as I looked up at him and he squeezed his eyes shut at the memory.

"Weren't you people at some hotel? Club? What's so bad about a place like that?" I yawned. I obviously didn't get enough sleep last night. And as of I know Isabella really chooses classy places. So, what's wrong about her going to a club?

"Uhm.... actually, Melanie's doing a documentary movie-" I quickly cut him off. Like that was an information I needed to know! I don't care what she does!

"So?! What's that got to do with me? I don't know which blind director actually took her in-"

"Evelyn! Stop interrupting and you obviously know that's not what I meant!" He said and I immediately moved away from him like he got a plague or something and looked away from him waiting for him to continue.

When he didn't, I repeated, "Continue." A few seconds passed and he still hadn't said anything, so I looked back to see if he was even there or not.

"It was an escort club." When I gave him a confused look he repeated, "They were making a documentary movie. They needed the real, actual places. And that place was a strip club with an escort agency. And I see my sister there. How do you think I should've reacted?!" His face was already red with anger. But trust me, I couldn't help but laugh. What was she doing in a strip club?!

"Oh my god! Isabella is hilarious! And you say I rile you up huh? I should learn some tactics from her. Maybe I should be friends with her. I'd get to learn a few things." I thought seriously and kept my eyes on his face. His eyes widened with every word I said as he swallowed, and his Adam's apple moved up and down. His eyes were dangerously red with anger.

"You will do no such thing!" He had a far-off look but still looked angry.

"That! We'll see..." I shrugged just to increase his annoyance.

He squeezed his eyes shut and massaged the bridge of his nose with his hand. I must say he looked ridiculously hot right now. With his Adam's apple bobbing vertically as he swallowed.

"What were you doing in my room?" He turned towards me really interested to know the answer.

"I was just passing by-" I tried to just... shrug it off.

"Well Rand tells me you were waiting there for me since last night.... you haven't had anything to eat from then?" He raised his eyebrow. Rand? The cook?

Aaah... right! Now I'm caught. "I just came to talk to you...." I was thinking what I should say next, but nothing came to my mind and I kept quiet.

He was caressing my cheek and slowly brought my face closer to his, but he ducks his head as he bit down on my neck. Sucking my skin as I literally felt like there was electricity passing between us. My eyes were closed and hands in his hair.......

"SIR!" I heard a scream. That was when I quickly pulled back looking at our new cook who seemed to be breathless.

"What?!" Nick snarled back at him.

"Uh... aah..." he stuttered looking at us shell shocked.

"What Rand?!"

"Siirr... uh... I... I actually half burnt the lunch I prepared. So, it will take some more time for me to prepare it." He said. And I was damn sure that there was something fishy about this man! He for one reason didn't look like a cook from any angle!

"LEAVE!" Nick shouted at him as he ran down the corridor.

He turned to me and smiled..."So, where were we?" He came up to my face.

But I placed my finger on his lip and replied. "Nowhere! Thankfully Mr. Dear Rand stopped me before I'd do something wrong and regret later." I gave him saccharine smile.

"Wrong? Regret?!" His nose was flaring with anger.

"Yupp... I don't want a repeat of what happened at Carr's wedding." I sat resting back onto the bench seat.

"You regretted that?" His eyebrows were raised with anger.

"Well yeah... I mean..."

"Great!" He interrupted. And I snapped my eyes at him. "I just needed your confirmation for the divorce approval. Now it's settled then." His eyes were piercingly red with anger. I could almost feel the veins popping out of his skin.

"Nick, I didn't mean that! Let me complete!" I emphasised the word 'complete'. But I guess he wasn't ready to listen as he shook his head.
"Nick!" I shouted and walked behind him when he got up to walk out. "Nick we were here to talk.... Like civil people. Stop!" I screamed but he wouldn't listen.
"Ex hubby!" I teased so that he'd turn back to correct me.

"I'm not your ex yet! Tolerate with that for some time." He said but continued walking.

"Well soon to be ex hubby then... news flash hubby... I know we dreamed about having cute babies together and all-" I started dreamily just to tease him, but he got serious and turned back with a ridiculed face.

I was just joking... "where did you get that?! Well news flash to you too wifey... hubby or not! I'm not ever having kids! With you or anyone. Gawwd! That's sooo... creepy!" He said and walked away from me. I was just standing there with a look that said, 'what just happened?!'

Like seriously! I didn't mean to say that. I know the kid topic is a bit touchy for him. But I didn't mean to say it in that way. I was just being sarcastic by saying that we aren't a couple who dreamed about having kids and staying together forever so he shouldn't feel so sad and angry about it. But it just turned the other way. And I did want to say I didn't want a divorce. Why can't he just listen to me?!

I ran after him into the living room. "Nick!" I held his shoulder to turn him around. "You do...." I stopped myself before I'd continue. "Now is not a good time. I'll talk to you later."

He squeezed his eyes shut then pulled me to peck my check.
"Sir?" Again! Nick turned around to answer Mark.

"Yeah... I'll be out in a minute." He said and Mark nodded as he walked out without another word. "I'll be back. I've to go.... and before you hear it from someone else. Let me tell you I'm going to meet Melanie... Alright?" He asked and I nodded. This is all I wanted. I just wanted him to tell me before he did anything. I wanted to hear it from him! Whether it be good or bad. I wanted him to tell me before I'd hear it from someone else.

"Okay." I said then pulled his face and gave him a very short and brief but longing kiss. He seemed to be taken aback but shouldn't I mark what's my territory, he just looked at me once and walked out and I stood staring at his back longingly until he disappeared from my view.

"That's it?!" Chrissy whispered behind me.

"What's with people creeping up my back today?!"

"I thought you were going to talk?!" She exclaimed.

"I know... but now is just not a good time to talk. We just keep misunderstanding each other. Mostly I.... everything comes back to Melanie. I don't want a divorce. I just want to tell him that. And I want to hear from him that he has no feelings for her... that's it." I finished and she had a happy grin. Okay now what's happening. I turned back to see what she was looking at and right there stood my hubby.

"Chrissy could you give us a moment." He crinkled his eye. "Why do you not want a divorce Evelyn? Especially now?" He asked and I frowned not knowing what he meant.

"What do you mean by especially now? I.... I... I actually never wanted a divorce in the first place." I said.

He was staring back to me like he was trying to figure me out. "Give me one good reason why we shouldn't divorce" he said. Because 'I love you', I wanted to say but I didn't take the chance. "You have time till tomorrow. Think and tell me. And I'll tell you if we should still be together or not. Okay?" I nodded. It was as though he was challenging me. Like he was sure that we wouldn't last long. Tears almost filling my eyes for no reason. I guess I was just overwhelmed with everything that was happening. "And don't go out anywhere. It's not safe. Okay? I'll be back after I meet Melanie." He asked and I nodded again.

"Didn't you say she was going to leave for some shoot and that she won't be in the States?" I was doubtful of his words but then he rolled his eyes, annoyed with my continuous questions and doubts on him.

What?! You shouldn't keep it in your mind or heart you know. You should just ask whatever doubts you have on your mind right away. So that it doesn't explode like a bomb. Kill your doubts when they're small.

"She cancelled!" He gritted out and walked out really angry.

When I went back to my room to find Chrissy, she was holding the same pregnancy stick. This one showed a minus sign.
"You are pregnant right?" I asked and she looked up blankly.

"This is not mine but yours." She said without any emotion.

"Why are you carrying my.... uh- why do you carry that around. It says negative."

"It also did say positive!" She gave the duh look.

I quickly changed the topic. "So, how's your pregnancy treating you?" I smiled at her.

"I think you should take another test. Just a confirmation... you know?" She asked holding out another new box of tests. "These will tell you if you are pregnant right after few weeks of..." she trailed off.

"Why are you so adamant about it. I don't want to talk about. Talk! I don't even want to think about it." I said and sat on my bed.

She frowned and gone was the look of expectancy. Now she looked serious. "I don't know why you don't want to confirm this. But let me tell you that just because you won't take one doesn't mean you won't actually be pregnant. And the sooner you take a test the sooner you can take further steps. Either to keep it or abort it!" I glared at her when she said 'abort'. "You know I could use some company during this experience." She said with a sheepish smile.

"Chrissy...." I whined. I remembered the words that Nick just told me. 'Kid' was the word that angered him to no end.
'Where did you get that?! Well news flash to you too wifey... hubby or not! I'm not ever having kids! With you or anyone. Gawwd! That's sooo... creepy!'

"Creepy..." I whispered to myself.

"What?" Chrissy asked.

"Creepy..." I said again looking at her. She was obviously confused. "Nick called me creepy just because I brought up the topic of a kid! How do you think he'll react when I tell him I am actually having a child?" I sighed.

I feel like I'm too tired. "I can't believe Kate. That you're avoiding this because of him. What has he done to you?"

"Chrissy please..." I said but she just shoved the box into my hand. I took a long breath and went inside the bathroom.

Those instructions on the box said that we pee in a cup and dip the stick into it. And wait for five minutes. And I did just that.
I laid them horizontally and called Chrissy. Because my hands were shivering, and I needed some help.

I closed my eyes as my alarm rang loudly. It was like a wakeup call. This was a result that could make or break my future.
I slowly peeked open my eyes. But then open my eyes wide when I saw the result.

'Two dark pink lines on all the three sticks.'
Positive?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

712K 24.9K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...
1.3M 40.4K 39
18+ "BABY GIRL I'M NOT SURE I CAN GO ANY FURTHER WITHOUT FUCKING YOU SO HARD THAT YOU'LL SCREAM MY NAME" I feel heat run down to my core. Fuck i want...
2.9M 93.7K 52
Derick Reid owner of a multi-billionaire company in NYC, your typical billionaire playboy, the usual arrogant and rude and add a pinch of heartlessne...