Luna Lena

By nicolevf14

-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From w... More

Chapter 1 - Vanilla Oranges
Chapter 2 - Polar Moon
Chapter 3 - Five Years
Chapter 4 - Hot Chocolate
Chapter 5 - Prisoner
Chapter 6 - Visitors
Chapter 7 - Truth Be Told
Chapter 9 - Haunting Reminders
Chapter 10 - Possibilities
Chapter 11 - Complete
Chapter 12 - Threats
Chapter 13 - Blaze
Chapter 14 - Abducted
Chapter 15 - Sacrifice
Chapter 16 - War
Chapter 17 - Guilt
Chapter 18 - No Mistakes
Chapter 19 - Consequences
Chapter 20 - Found
Chapter 21 - Waiting
Chapter 22 - Reunited
Chapter 23 - Healing
Chapter 24 - Solitude
Chapter 25 - Forgiveness
Chapter 26 - Postponed Desires
Chapter 27 - Traitor's Mark
Chapter 28 - Destined
Chapter 29 - Forbidden
Chapter 30 - Numb
Chapter 31 - Astounding
Chapter 32 - Finalization
Epilogue

Chapter 8 - Rogues

36.2K 1.4K 128
By nicolevf14

A week had gone by since our discoveries. Elijah and his father immediately notified the other packs of our search for my parents, and Alpha Dean apparently held up his end of the deal as well, as he reported to us that their pack no longer held any prisoners from Polar Moon.

Now that we had gotten most of the formalities with the other packs out of the way, I was ready to reach out to Sofia for help with the abilities I supposedly possessed. Today was the day Elijah and I had agreed upon – I would set off early in the morning in search of Rhett's group of rogues, and hopefully return by dark with Sofia in tow. Although Elijah was very supportive, he did appear timid. I was sure part of him was afraid I'd leave and never come back.

Although I may be independent and free-spirited, I couldn't leave my mate, not when he treats me so well. Who was I to reject a gift from the Moon Goddess? Although I had always believed I'd never find my mate, or that I simply didn't have one, I was more than happy to be wrong about that.

It was about five o'clock in the morning when my alarm clock finally began to blare its fucking obnoxious noises. I was startled and practically jumped out of bed from the sudden racket. This was the first time I'd ever used an alarm clock, so I hadn't been expecting the rude awakening.

Elijah woke as well, but with much more grace than myself. He rolled over and softly kissed me on the forehead before springing out of bed and making his way down the hallway to the kitchen.

I made my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth and tie my hair back into a braid. There was no point in showering this morning; I'd be running through the woods for hours today. I then moved to the closet and picked out a pair of black leggings that were designed for running and a blue, loose work-out top. Although I wouldn't need the clothes in my work form, I'd prefer to not re-enter Rhett's pack butt ass naked.

I walked down the hallway to see what my mate was up to. I figured he'd gone to make us coffee before I left, but when I rounded the corner into the kitchen I found him filling two plates with eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, and crescent rolls. I couldn't help but smile.

"You didn't have to do this," I told him, the smile still playing on my lips as I took a seat at the table and sipped on the cup of coffee that had been prepared for me.

As a rogue, I was used to travelling miles on an empty stomach, so I really hadn't even thought to eat breakfast before I left.

"I can't have you going all day on an empty stomach," he replied with a grin as he walked over to set my plate down in front of me.

"I'm sure Rhett and Sofia would've let me snack before I made my way back," I assured him.

"Well, I hope that's the case, but I don't know these individuals, so I have to make sure my mate is taken care of," Elijah teased.

He pulled out the chair next to me and began to munch on the food piled on his own plate. I looked up at him, taking in his golden eyes as I carefully chewed on a strawberry. I had truly been blessed by the Moon Goddess, and I intended to make sure he knew I was grateful. I chuckled softly and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek, "Well thank you, mate. Your efforts are much appreciated."

Elijah beamed at me, always so excited about any ounce of affection I showed him. Hopefully I could start to become the mate he deserved.

"So, who are these people exactly? You're sure you can trust them?" Elijah asked. He was so concerned with this whole situation, but it was a male's duty to care for his mate and make sure she's safe, so I tried not to be bothered by his continuous questioning.

"Sofia is a witch who Rhett befriended years ago. I don't know what pack Rhett is originally from or how he became a rogue. He doesn't like to talk about it," I explained, although I felt like this had to have been the tenth time.

"I just don't understand why a witch would be running with a pack of rogues, or better yet, why rogues would need a witch," Elijah mumbled as he stuffed a crescent roll in his mouth.

I sighed and tried to reign in my annoyance. To be honest, his questions and uncertainty were beginning to get on my damn nerves. I took a deep breath and reminded myself that if he were any other Alpha male, he likely wouldn't even allow me to make this trip alone, or even at all, "I don't know all of the details, but I've known them for years and they've always been trustworthy individuals."

Elijah forced a smile and nodded, sensing my irritation, "Well, I guess you're going to need to get going."

I nodded back as I stuffed my last sausage in my mouth, finally clearing my plate, "It should only take me a couple of hours to get to them. They tend to stay close to Polar Moon, but the sooner I get back, the better."

"My thoughts exactly," Elijah said as he stood from his chair and carried the plates over to the sink.

I stood and followed him, planning to give him a sweet, loving kiss before I departed. Before I could make my move, Elijah spun around and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, pulling me flush against his chest. He then brought one hand up to cup my chin and tilted my face up so that our eyes locked. I smiled as I stared into his happy, golden eyes. He then leaned in a placed a firm kiss on my lips, causing my wolf to purr in my head.

I grabbed his head, intertwining my fingers in his short, rusty hair as I pressed my lips harder against his. I savored the feeling of the sparks that danced along my face from our contact, and moved my lips eagerly with his. It was easily the most passionate kiss we'd had so far.

Our mate bond held us together in that kiss for several minutes before we finally pulled apart. I smiled at him once more and gave him another quick peck before making my way towards the exit of our wing.

"Be safe, I'll see you tonight," I heard him call behind me.

I ran outside towards the woods, wanting to move as quickly as possible. I found a large tree right before the pack's border and stepped behind it to change out of my clothes, rolling them into a fanny-pack like bag that I could easily wear around my neck in my wolf form.

I then shifted, allowing my wolf to take over for the first time in weeks. I welcomed the sound of cracking bones as my body morphed into hers, and was fully grateful to have fur sheltering my body. The mere minute I had spent naked outdoors was enough to chill me to the bone. This snow-covered land held no sympathy.

We had been running for two hours using nothing but our keen senses and memory to find Rhett's pack. I came to a halt as an odd scent filled my nostrils. It was warm with a spicy edge to it.

Sofia.

When I ran with Rhett's group, Sofia would often make a special soup for everyone at dinner time. It was unique and I hadn't a clue what was in it to this very day, but the scent was strong. I'd recognize it anywhere.

I took this as an opportunity to shift back to my human form and re-dress myself before getting too close to their camp. Although I really had no shame when it came to my naked body, I still didn't care for being seen nude by random people.

I slowly made my way through the remainder of the snow-covered trees until I came to a clearing filled with small wooden houses, several market-like stands, and multiple fire pits. Most of the men were already out and about, tending to the fire, sharpening their tools and weapons, and making sure the perimeter was secured.

No one had seen me yet, so I cautiously stepped through the snow, very conscious of the crunch beneath my shoes. I held my hands up in surrender just in case someone didn't recognize me. It had been months since I'd visited this group of rogues. I'd been on my own for at least a month before Elijah found me.

"You! Freeze!" a deep voice yelled from behind me. I did just as he said.

"Hands higher, where I can see them," he demanded.

I shot my hands up higher in the air, not really scared or offended by the request. Rogues had to be careful who they trusted. Regardless, I trembled from the uncertainty of who was speaking to me.

After a moment of silence, a large, muscular arm wrapped itself around my neck, resulting in a panicked yelp to escape me. Shit! This was certainly not the welcome I'd been expecting. The arm was constricting, yet it didn't hurt. Why would a man try to restrain me so...gently?

Just as that thought ran through my mind, the man's other arm swung around to the top of my head and ruffled my hair with his knuckles. I grunted, and received a chuckle as a result. The large arms spun me around to finally face my captor.

Rhett.

He stood there with a large, goofy grin on his face, obviously proud of himself for causing me some momentary confusion.

"Lena! Welcome back stranger," he finally greeted.

"Is this how you welcome everyone now days?" I scowled.

"Only those who dare to avoid us for years," he retorted with a smug grin.

I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration, "It's been three months Rhett, although a shit ton has happened."

He locked my arm in his and led me towards the center of the clearing – their home. Several men and women waved to me, and although I couldn't think of their names, the faces were familiar. I waved back as we approached the fire pit.

"What's been so exciting that you can't come pay a visit?" Rhett teased.

"Well," I started, hesitant to explain myself. Rhett had been a dear friend for years, but a commonality we always shared was being mate-less. Until now.

"I...I found my mate," I said quietly, fiddling with my thumbs. Although I wasn't a nervous person, he was the first person I'd had the chance to share this information with.

"No way!" he shouted excitedly. "Well, where is he? How'd you meet him?"

I chuckled at his eager questions. He was thinking my mate was a rogue as well. I didn't blame him, it was a logical assumption.

"He's...at home, tending to important business."

Rhett cocked an eyebrow, now fully sensing my hesitation, "Home? Care to explain further?"

"Alpha Elijah is my mate."

Rhett's eyes widened, and he stumbled back for dramatic effect. I chuckled at him and shook my head, although I knew part of his shock was genuine. I never would've expected this new life for myself either.

"Holy shit. Your mate is an Alpha? You hate Alphas. Hell, you hate men...except for me," he smirked.

"Trust me, it's been one hell of an adjustment, but he's a good man," I assured him.

Rhett nodded as he turned some skewers over the fire. They must've been preparing lunch. When I was around, roasted squirrel was their specialty.

"If that's the case, then what brings you here?" he asked.

"Elijah and I have been looking into my past, and we're making really great progress. I started having terrifying nightmares, which led to questions. Elijah set up a meeting with Alpha Dean from Dark Root, and his father, and we discovered that I...I had been kidnapped and held prisoner in Dark Root for years. They took me because I apparently have some abilities I'm unaware of, so I came to meet with Sofia. I wanted to see if she could help," I explained. I felt like I was rambling.

Rhett didn't speak for a moment as he took in my words. Then, another smirk appeared on his face, making his bright blue eyes sparkle. His eyes were much more vibrant than mine. I'd always believed he wasn't originally from this area, but Rhett didn't like to talk about his past.

"Well let's go find the witch then!" he joked, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards a small house painted gray and decorated with various beads and plants. It was a unique little abode that I distinctly remembered belonged to Sofia.

As we entered the house, my senses were consumed by the strong aroma of her soup that I'd recognized at least half a mile back. Sofia was standing at her stove, stirring her famous soup when we approached her. She spun around, smiling enthusiastically when she saw us. Her black hair and tan skin deeply contrasted with her pale violet eyes that lit up in our presence. She was a beautiful woman, inside and out.

"Lena! You found him!" She shrieked, her subtle accent slipping through a little more than usual.

I gave her a confused look, but quickly remembered her strong intuition. She had probably known I'd find my mate days or weeks before it ever happened. Sofia grabbed me into a tight hug before pulling me back to examine me.

"You look so good! The mate bond and proper meals are doing you well," she said.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at her. Typical Sofia.

"I'm sure you already know why I'm here, but I need your help. I've been told by the Alpha of Dark Root that I'm a Healer...that I have abilities I've never been aware of. You're the only one who could help me access these skills. Normally I wouldn't care, but you know I've always had an interest in helping the sick and injured. As a Luna, this could really be beneficial now," I explained to her.

"A Luna! Oh my, I knew I sensed you had a powerful mate! Yes, of course I'll help, however, I'm sure your mate wants you back, so how shall we arrange this?" she asked sweetly as she poured herself a bowl of soup and took a seat at her small dining room table.

"Well," I stated, unsure of how either of them would respond to my offer. "Elijah has offered to let you stay in the pack house. You could just stay for a few days at a time. Whatever you're comfortable with."

Rhett didn't look happy. Sofia and I were the main two in his group with any medical knowledge or capabilities. When I wasn't around, things were hard enough on the group. If Sofia was gone for days at a time, it really put them at risk.

Sofia, completely ignoring Rhett's displeasure, smiled widely at me once again, "Of course Lena! I'd love to come help! We've been training a few others in the group to work in the medical station, so me being gone for a few days at a time should be fine!"

Rhett rolled his eyes and released a frustrated sigh, "We've been working on other things, too, Sofia," he growled lowly.

"Don't be a dick Rhett," I replied, narrowing my eyes at him. "What could be so important that you'd go from care-free to major asshole in a matter of seconds?"

Rhett sighed and shook his head, rubbing at his eyes.

"We found my mate too."

Sorry it's been a little longer than usual! I've been sick, which has caused my motivation for pretty much everything to plummet. So what do ya'll think?? For those of you who are reading Luna Hana as well, how do you feel about the connections I'm making? Please continue to vote, comment, and tell your friends! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 52.8K 30
Sophia Frost is a cold, charming and secretly sweet woman. However she's a Rogue with no desire to be apart of any pack, not again. See, she used to...
339K 15.5K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
251K 10.5K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...
196K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...