The Dark Prince (rewriting)

By Aneil_

[BOOK 1] "His arm reached out, and I felt his hand touch my face in the darkness of his car. Heat prickled on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
News & Thanks

Chapter 19

2.5K 89 7
By Aneil_

Highly Suspect - My Name Is Human

Reece

I narrowed my eyes, trying to make sure that what I was seeing was actually there.

The dark bruise stared back at me.

"Adrianne-" I started, in disbelief.

"Look, I was going to tell you-" she put her hands up, looking wary.

"Tell me what? Adrianne, what the hell happened?!" I growled.

"I... " She stuttered.

My mood softened when I saw the look of pain and uneasiness on her face.

I didn't do this, did I?

I met her eyes again.

"Adrianne, what happened?" I asked, much more softly now.

She sighed and crawled off of me onto the passenger seat. She grabbed her shirt and started to put it back on in a rush.

"I should have told you," I heard her say.

"Tell me," I said, leaning close. She took a deep breath and sighed before looking out the window.

"Julian."

My blood turned cold, and I felt my anger start to boil as I turned forward. I grabbed the steering wheel, seeing my knuckles turned white.

Julian. Of course.

"What happened?" I could barely speak, I was grinding my teeth so hard.

"He... told me to stay away from you. First at the bar... and now this, today." I heard the pain in her voice, but I couldn't bring myself to look at her.

That motherfucker. I'm gonna slit his fucking throat.

"Why didn't you tell me?" My voice was full of rage.

She didn't speak, just opened her mouth and closed it. She looked lost.

"I... I don't know."

"I'm gonna kill him," I muttered.

"Reece, that's why I wanted to talk." She reached out and grabbed one of my hands, holding it in both of hers. I looked at her, seeing tears in her eyes.

"I don't think that... I'm good for you," she whispered. I saw her face turn with emotion.

My anger instantly vanished.

No.

Please.

"Adrianne, no. How could you say that?" I held her face in my hands. Her eyes brimmed with tears. "You are... the best thing that's ever happened to me."

She pulled away, and my hands fell.

"You may think that, but... I'm not so sure," she responded.

"Adrianne, it's true. You don't understand, I-" I broke off and glanced up at the roof of my car. "You convinced me to change. You've made me want to be a better person. To stop living the way I do and see that it could be so much better."

"Reece-" She tried to protest, but I grabbed her hands.

"Before I met you, I only kept going because that was all I thought I had to do. But now I have you to live for." I drag my thumb under her eye, wiping away a small tear.

"I felt like I didn't have a purpose. I didn't know what I was doing. But now I do."

"But... Julian. He said he would hurt me if he saw me with you again."

"I'll deal with him." I replied, feeling hot anger spread through me again at the mention of his name.

"Reece, I don't want you to-"

"He has it coming," I interrupted.

"I understand that, but this isn't the first time he's threatened me. I'm scared, Reece. I don't want him to hurt me again."

"Adrianne, look at me." Her eyes left the window and met mine.

"He's not going to hurt you. I will never let him touch you again. I will protect you. I will keep you safe."

She shook her head. "No, Reece. You don't get it."

She pulled her hand out of mine.

"I.. I can't do this. I can't be with you."

My heart almost stopped. "Don't say that," I whispered.

My world started shaking. I was going to fall apart.

"It's true," she protested. "I'm only putting you in danger, and I can't bring myself to do that."

"Adrianne-"

"Listen, Reece. I care about you. So much. So much that I can't let you get hurt just because of me. I want you to be safe. I need you to be safe."

"No..." I muttered, looking at her face in shock. "You can't. You can't just..."

"I can't stand by and watch you risk your life just to be with me. I can't." She turned and opened the door.

"Adrianne, I can fix this," I pleaded, trying to make her stay. "He won't bother you ever again, I promise. I'll deal with him."

She stopped and turned towards me.

"I know there's more that you're not telling me, Reece. What about your boss? What about Aphro? What about the demon that came to scout for me one time?"

I couldn't bring myself to speak.

She's right.

I hung my head, feeling the gravity of the situation hit me.

"This hurts me just as much as it hurts you, Reece." She paused, and the silence felt like it was suffocating me.

"Adrianne-"

"I... can't be with you. I can't put you or me at risk just for this to work. I have to know that I'll be safe when I'm with you."

"Princess, no..." I whispered.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to hold my tears back.

"I know you care, Reece. I know you would do anything for me to keep me safe. But I can't do anything to protect myself. I don't know enough about you or the world you live in."

I met her eyes, and I felt my heart sink. Her eyes were filled with tears, and so were mine.

"It's not enough," she whispered. A tear fell down her cheek.

The air was heavy, deadly silent.

What can I do?

Nothing.

"Goodbye," she whispered.

I opened my eyes to see her get out of my car, and the feeling of her closing the door hit me straight in the chest. I felt trapped.

No, not again.

She can't leave like this.

I got out of my car just as she backed out.

"Adrianne!"

I saw the tears fall down her face as she pulled out of the parking lot. I started to run as fast as I could after her car, but she left the parking lot.

The feeling of pain in my chest was indescribable. I fell to my knees in the empty parking lot, and I watched the lights of her car fade into the distance.

I was alone.

Again.

__________

Okay, so the song at the beginning of this chapter.... The singer is literally how I picture Reece in my head, minus the tattoos ( his name is Johnny Stevens, btw, & he makes me drool). I only realized it after I'd added the song in, and let me tell you... I was SHOOK. TO THE CORE.

I was thinking of making a cast! Let me know what you guys think!!

Hope you enjoy, don't forget to vote! ❤❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 696 36
I kept on moving back and he kept walking closer till my back touched the lockers. He trapped me in between his huge hands and I closed my eyes facin...
40.4K 1.7K 31
✴ Book 2 of "Taming His Mistress" ✴ Everyone has their demons. Some of us choose to keep them hidden. But what happens when your demons come out to p...
82.1K 1.4K 44
*More of a romance and less of a Mafia Novel.* ❝Everything I touch just turns to Ash❞ ❝If so than I'll gladly burn for you❞ _________________________...
200K 3.9K 25
*MATURE CONTENT* A Little Insight: As I walked to my wardrobe, he stood up and began taking slow, sinister steps towards me with his claws extracted...