I Wish (A Harry Styles Story)

By lorybear

Harry Styles is the typical boy next door...literally. Harry lives right next door to his crush, Mindy. When... More

I Wish ( A One Direction Story)
Chapter 2- Party
Chapter 3-The Assignment
Chapter 4- Safe and Sound
Chapter 5-Mum meets Mindy
Chapter 7- There are good news, then there are shocking news.
Chapter 8-Confrontations
Chapter 9- Back to Normal
Chapter 10-His Story
Chapter 11- Styles and Friends
Chapter 12- Surprise!
Chapter 13- Secrets & Presents Revealed
Chapter 14- Name Meanings
Chapter 15- Bets
Chapter 16-Fishin' for Love pt. 1 (Roadtrips and Ice Cream)
Chapter 17- Fishin' For Love pt. 2 (Torn)
Chapter 18-Small Bump
Chapter 19- Sparks Fly
Chapter 20- Lights&Trees
Chapter 21- Somebody's Heartbreak
Chapter 22- New Mindy, New Harry
Chapter 23-Story of My Life
Chapter 24- Missing Each Other
Chapter 25- Aquarium Day

Chapter 6-Her Story

1.7K 11 10
By lorybear

*Mindy's POV*

"Okay, so let's see, I'm just going to ask you basic questions first and then I'll do the research later, fine with you?" Harry asked.  "Yeah, okay. So shoot me a question." I replied.

"Okay, what are your parents' and siblings' names?" Harry questioned. "My mum's name is Ella. My father is William. My older sister's name is Thalia, and little sister is Camille. " I answered.

"Okay, well I think that's pretty much all I need to find out now. "Harry said. "How about you and your mum come over for dinner tonight? That way you can take some notes about my family?" I explained.

"That sounds like a great idea! Okay, so what time do you want us to come over?" Harry asked. "Seven." I replied. "Sounds like a plan to me." Harry stated.

"Okay, so I have to go home now, so I can get ready for supper. But see you later!" I said. "Yeah, okay. See you later." Harry waved back.

*Harry's POV*

After Mindy left, I texted my mum about the dinner. She said that she would come home early so we could bake some dessert.

I went over to Louis' house so I could hang out with him til my mum came home. I rode my bike over to his house and knocked on his door. His mum answered the door.

"Oh hello, Harry. Lou is a bit busy right now, can you come over another time?" his mum said. "uh, sure. But can you tell him I stopped by?"I asked. "Yeah, sure, honey." She replied.

Well that was odd. Why has Louis been ignoring me lately? Did I say  or do anything? Hmmm..

I rode my bike home to find my mum's car home. When I got into the house, she was already in the kitchen.

"Hey, mum." I said. "Hey honey. Where have you been?" she asked. "I was at Louis' but he was busy."

"oh okay, well we should start on this dessert. What should we make?" my mum asked.

"What about your blueberry delight? I love those!" I exclaimed. "Oh okay, great idea!"

We finished the dessert in no time. By the time it finished baking, it was time to get ready for dinner. We both got changed clothes and headed over to the Parker's house.

*Mindy's POV*

My family and I were setting up for dinner when I heard the doorbell ring. I headed over to the door and it was Harry and his mum. 

"Hello,  welcome to our home! Come inside and make yourself at home! We are almost finished setting up for dinner." I said.

"Is your mum in the kitchen?" Harry's mum asked. "Yeah, she is, she's making sure the food is almost finished." I answered. "Well, I'll go help your mum in the kitchen. Harry, why don't you go help Mindy set the table?" Hary's mum suggested. "Oh no!  It's fine, I've got it!" I replied. "Oh it's fine with me." Harry said.

Harry's mum and my mum were hitting it off. They were laughing about something. Then my mum screamed, "Dinner's ready!" "Mindy, please tell your father to come to the dinner table, supper is ready." My mum said.

I went over to my dad's office, where he was watching the news and planning a trip of some sort. "Dad, supper is ready! Come out and eat!" I said. "I'll be there in a minute, honey. Just eat before me." He replied.  My dad is alwaysbusy doing something else. It is very rare to see him around sometimes. So we don't really have a strong relationship.

I headed back to the dinner table to see everyone ready to eat. "Dad is coming soon. He said to just eat without him." I said. I saw my mum sitting uncomfortable. She hates it when he does that. "Well, let's dig in!"

*Harry's POV*

I could see there was awkwardness in the air. I could also see that Mindy wasn't happy. I made a note to myself to ask her about that later.

I put some mashed potatoes and some vegetables onto my plate. And waited for mum to finish cutting the steak slice. As I was cutting myself a slice, Mindy's dad came in. "Hello, dear. Glad you can join with us for dinner." Mindy's mum said nonchalantly. "Sorry, I had to do something. I see we have guests here. " he continued. "Hello, I'm William." He said as he extended his hand.

"Hello sir, I am Harry, and this is my mum, Anne." I said. "Nice to meet you, Harry and Anne." "Harry mentioned to me that you also have other children?" my mum asked. "Oh yes, Thalia, is married and has a family of her own now. And Camille is at a friend's house right now."

There was an awkward moment for a little bit. So my mum decided to break the ice. "Well, dinner was delicious,Ella. You should teach me how you make it like that!"

"Oh thank you, Anne! I would be glad to show you, just come over anytime. " Mindy's mum said.

"So what do you do Anne? "Mindy's dad asked. "Pardon me?" my mum asked. "What is your job?" William asked. "I am a nurse at the local hospital. " my mum said. "What about you, son?" Mindy's dad asked me. "I am a newspaper boy, sir." I stated. "I see. " he said.

My mum and I helped clean up and then we headed out to leave.

"Thanks for dinner, William, Ella, and Mindy" my mum said gratefully. " Oh it's our pleasure, come again another night!" Mindy's mum replied. "Haha, we'll see! Thanks again!" We said goodbye. "Bye Mindy, thanks for inviting us over." I said as I put my hands in my pockets. "Oh it's nothing. I guess, we can continue working with each other later?" she asked. "Yeah, I have to work tomorrow but I'll text you when we can meet up." I said. "Okay. Have a nice night, Harry." Mindy waved. "You too, Mindy."

*Mindy's POV*

I waited till the Styles' got into their house till I got into mine. "The Styles' are very lovely aren't they?" my mum said. "Why were they over here anyways?" my dad asked. "Mindy invited them over since she is working on a project with Harry." My mum explained. "They are nice people." My dad said as he left to go to his bedroom.

I sighed and went into my room. Today was surely a long day. I wonder what Harry thought about my family. I hope he wrote a good review about my family. Oh gosh. What if he writes negative things? I need to go talk to Harry later.

-Next day-

It is now Sunday morning. I woke up and got ready for  a weekly committee meeting . I wore a red v-neck with a white skirt. I waited for my parents to come out from their room. So I went over to Camille's room to get her ready. I got her into a pink ruffled dress. And she was throwing a tantrum.

She ran away from me. "Camille come back!" I screamed.  Camille ran outside to the front porch and I saw that she was talking to someone. Hmm...

*Harry's POV*

I was working down my route. I threw the newspapers to everyone down Carol Street (which is the street over Mistletoe Street.) Next was my street, Mistletoe St. I threw the newspapers to my neighbors.  "Good morning, Harry." Mr. Peter said as he went to go collect his newspaper. Mr. Peter was my neighbor across the street. He and Mrs. Peter are 80 year olds that live life to the fullest, together.

Next house is the Parkers. I saw Camille running outside the house in a cute little pink dress. I decided to stop by.

"Hey, Camille. What's wrong?" I asked. "Mindy is making me wear this ugly dress." She said as she pointed to her dress. "Well, I think you look beautiful in it." I said while I was smiling. "Really? You like it?" she asked with a big smile on her face. "Of course. May I ask you to dance with me, Miss Camille?" I asked. She laughed and said,"Yes you may."

We danced for a couple minute till Mindy came out.

*Mindy's POV*

I was staring out by the window. Watching Harry play with Camille was adorable. Camille was laughing her adorable laugh, something that I haven't heard in a long time. I didn't want to disturb their little dancing, so I just watched in awe. After a couple of minutes, I decided that it was time I go find Camille a different dress.

"C'mon, Cam. If you want to change into a different dress, you have to come in now!" I said.

"No! I like my dress now!" She said. "Oh really? You didn't like it a while ago!" I laughed. "But Hary thinks I look beautiful in this dress. Right Harry?" she said in such an adorable tone. "Yes I did, Camille. Very beautiful!" Harry said while smiling. I smiled too. "Oh okay, well if you want to be even more beautiful, you need to let me do your hair."I said. "Oh okay. Bye Harry!" Camille said as she went to go hug Harry. "Bye Camille." Harry chuckled as he hugged back.

"Thanks for that, Harry. " I said. "No problem. She's such a cutie!" Harry replied. "Yeah..." I said looking back at her. "Well, I have to get back to work. " Harry said. "Okay, see you later." I said. We waved bye as he went back onto his bike and rode down the street.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 551 78
Ariana Grande has been friends with all of the One Direction boys for a couple of years now and has been dating Zayn for about a year. Ariana and Za...
5.5K 255 12
Niall’s got a crush on Harry. His only problems are he’s shy, unpopular, and Harry’s dating Zayn.
1.1K 50 24
An ordinary girl living her life was forced to move with her family across the world to London. She warmed up to the idea after letting it sit for a...
1.5K 6 33
April falls in love with Niall Horan and because of him her life is about to take an amazing turn.