His Block

By InkD_Roses

What if the love of your life only stood across the street from you? What would you do? Cross the street or w... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE // DISCLAIMER
|0.1|
|0.2|
|0.3|
|0.4|
|0.5|
|0.6|
|0.7|
|0.8|
|0.9|
|0.10|
|0.11|
|0.12|
|0.13|
|0.14|
|0.15|
|0.16|
|0.17|
|0.18|
|0.19|
|0.20|
|0.21|
|0.22|
|0.23|
|0.24|
|0.25|
|0.26|
|0.27|
|0.28|
|0.29|
|0.30|
|0.31|
|0.32|
|0.33|
|0.34|
|0.35|
|0.37|
|0.38|
|0.39|
|0.40|
|0.41|
|0.42|
|0.43|
|0.44|
|0.45|
|0.46|
|0.47|
|0.48|
|0.Epilouge|

|0.36|

26K 1.3K 908
By InkD_Roses

O M N I M I S C I E N T
"God damn it Le'Cray! You have to learn how to get up and go to the bathroom!" Ximena shouted at him with her temple buldging out in anger. It had been a few weeks since Le'Cray had been a temporary resident of the Reagan home and it was already running both Ximena and her husband thin. Although Ximena had him locked up in the guest bedroom majority of the time, Le'Cray still managed to screw with the orderly fashion of the house.

With his brain disorder, he tends to forget how to do fundamental things and using the bathroom was one of them. Ximena lacked the patience to care for him resulting in his bedroom to reek of urine due to him using it on the mattress a multitude of times. He rarely bathed due to not having assistance nor did he eat.

Clearly Ximena wasn't fit to care for anyone, but her self.

She didn't know what she was dealing with until Le'Cray spent his first three days at the home and threw up everything he ate due to her skipping his daily routine for him to take his medicine.

"I-I'm sorry."He held his head down and signed with his fingers.

"Sorry is not enough! Go clean yourself up and don't get out of the tub until you don't smell like a toilet! You're so disgusting!"She shouted at him causing him to cover his ears, she was causing him to have a sever migraine that could eventually lead to a seizure in any moment.

With cleaning gloves on her hands, she snatched the sheets off of the drowned bed. The smell was revolting to her, so she carried it out in front of her so she could place them in the washer. She heard the water running knowing that Le'Cray was now in the bathtub.

"I have to get rid of him, quick."She murmured as she started up the washer to cleanse the urine stained sheets.

She let out a stressing sigh just as her work cell went off. "Officer Reagan."She answered.

"Reagan, I need you down here now."Luckket ordered her causing her to comb her fingers through her hair stressfully while rolling her eyes.

"You aren't gonna be ordering me around and I can't come in right now. Figure it out on your own and I'll be there to check in later."She told Luckket who didn't quite take it well. He felt as if a women had no right to tell a man no. He was expecting her to ask "How high?" whenever he told her to jump.

Luckket sat in his office chair turning around towards his computer letting her eyes roam upon the picture on the desktop. "I don't know if I should consider you a suspect or a victim at this point."This confused Ximena, she was oblivious to what he was aiming at.

"What the hell are you talking about Conner?"Ximena spat at him deciding to name him with his first name. She was upset making everything she's done so obvious. Luckket chuckled over the phone knowing he had her.

"April 13, Thursday at 2:45. Left wing of interstate-10 Dodge Charger, and a Mustang makes a collision. You seem to emerge out of an unmarked car, it wasn't assigned for any undercover work nor do you own it personally. I checked a few sources and a few of your cards and noticed that you rented it from Enterprise-Rent-A-Car. It was pretty evident that you were following this Mustang with the intent to crash into it. Once you crashed into it, lo and behold, suspect of not only one homicide, but two and a few robberies. Yung', A2 or should I call him Anthony so your memory could get to jogging?"

Ximena was at a lost of words. How did he know all this? What she also didn't know was that Luckket had been not only following Anthony, but also her. He suspected a difference in his partner after the both of them went to go search that storage unit in Baton Rouge. She seemed in on everything and it was only a matter of time until both Anthony and her were spotted together.

"You don't know a damn thing you're talking about Luckket."Ximena spoke calmly lacing the fear she was pushing down.

Luckket clicked on the picture zooming into Anthony's face. He hated him and his family with so much passion in this world. He just wanted to seek revenge for his father. Killing a Taylor was all that he needed so he could assure that his father would rest to ease.

"Oh I assure you that I do, but don't worry, I won't tell no one that you're a dirty cop." Luckket told her as he looked around to make sure that wasn't being heard by anyone.

"And why is that?"Ximena questioned.

Luckket shrugged his shoulders with a smirk on his face as he leaned back in his chair. "Because I want in."
______________________

"You know Daddy love you right?"Anthony asked Payton who sat in his passenger seat with her hair freshly straightened with a smile on her face.

She nodded her head pretty aware of how much her dad loved her just by the amount of times he told her that everyday. "Yes dad and I love you to."She assured him.

He chuckled while keeping his eyes on the road. "I love yo' mama too and y'all mean everything to me."He added. "I'm telling you this because there could be a possibility that yo' daddy could be gone for a long time, I did some shit that I got to face the consequences for. I'm not trying to say I'm leaving now or anything, it could be whenever. I just want my Payso to be prepared and it not to happen so sudden, you feel me?"This was the first time he actually had this talk with his daughter. Ever since she was born he always lived the fast paced life. Every time he got handed time to serve it was always 3 months minimum and 8 months to the maximum. He never really been away from his pride and joy that long and it's eating away at him knowing that eventually he'll be away from her for some years now, 10 being the minimum.

Every time he looked into her brown eyes, he always wished he wasn't so head deep into the streets and he could actually be a normal father with a legal job.

"Yeah daddy, I understand, but where you going, Houston or something?"She asked oblivious to what place her father was really aiming for when he first began this talk.

Anthony shook his head. "Nah, but I promise when I get back, I ain't gone tell you shit about it."He stated causing the both of them to laugh.

"Daddy, that ain't fair."She pouted after she finished laughing.

"Isn't."Anthony corrected her grammar, Beylan had him in habit of doing that. They may speak any type of way, but they made sure Payton didn't let that reflect on her. "And yes it is fair."He said pulling up at Beylan's place. "I promise to tell you once you get older and you have kids that have kids."He teased her causing her to throw a slight tantrum.

Parking the car, Anthony assisted her out of the vehicle by carrying her on his side as if she were two and not eight. "Yo momma car ugly."He curled up his upper lip as he looked at the white 2017 Hyndai Elantra. "She need to be ridin' them foreigns like yo' pops."He bragged as he banged on the door.

Beylan was expecting the presence of her baby father so it didn't take long for her to open the door. "Anthony please tell me you got there in time for Braxton to take her pictures for my portfolio."She stepped aside to let them into the house away from the heat of outside.

Anthony set Payton down on the hardwood floor placing her duffle bag down on the couch next to Beylan's cousin Franiya and her friend Antinea. "Whass' up ladies and yes Bey, I made it in time. You gone have to tell that gay mother'fucka to watch what he say to me cause I'll blow his shit."Anthony fumed. Braxton was a gay guy that Beylan grew close to as she ventured off into the fashion world. She was building a clothing line for kid girls and Braxton had the perfect connects and he took some bomb ass pictures so it was a match made in heaven. Braxton and Beylan hung out a lot so sometime he was around when Anthony and Beylan we're handing off Payton and every time he sees Anthony he'll say some off the wall shit that'll piss him off. Clearly, Braxton was attracted to him.

The ladies in the room laughed knowing Braxton had to say something seductive towards Anthony to have him acting all reckless."Okay Anthony, no more Braxton flirting just show me some of the pictures you got." Beylan grew eager as he pulled out the phone getting ready to show her the photos.

"Yes God! Look at my baby giving face and serving looks!" Beylan grinned widely as she swiped through the photos. Anthony laughed knowing that was exactly how she was going to react. It was a bit surreal for him to realize that Payton was indeed growing up and the fact that she had her hair straightened right now wasn't helping.

"Alright Bey, gimme my shit so I can' bounce."He snatched the phone outta her hand. "And feed my child food other than a ceaser salad, she a fat ass, she want some fried chicken and jambalaya."He stated causing Payton to nod her head in agreement.

Beylan rolled her eyes at him. "Good bye sir."She began walking him out.

"Well damn, can I give my daughter a kiss goodbye."He mugged her while pushing her aside. He kneeled down towards Payton hugging her tightly.

"Give daddy a kiss."He told her resulting in him getting a kiss on both cheeks then on the forehead. "I feel special."He held his heart with a smile on his face causing her to laugh. "Love you though and I'll see you next week baybeh'."He assured her of his arrival next week. She nodded before walking him out instead of Beylan who grew a bit jealous at how close Payton was to her father, evidently, she was a daddy's girl.

"Love you to, bye daddy!"Payton shouted as he walked towards his car. She was so extra at times, but he loved the excitement she held all the time.

"And why aren't you with that man anymore? Every time I see him he just gets finer and finer."Beylan's best friend Antinea sighed as she looked off in the distance.

Beylan shrugged. "I do think about getting together, but knowing him, he'll probably want me to be all his while he's out being everyone else's."Beylan was telling the truth. After their fling, it had been weighing on her mind that she actually did miss Anthony and she actually did want more than just sex. She hasn't been with anyone, but him so it would be a no brainer for her if he asked to be with her. She actually did love him as much as she wanted to deny it.

"I can sense it in the future."Franiya laughed. "Get yo' man sis."
__________________

"There's Carson now, finally."Morgan huffed as she watched Carson's 2017 BMW 5 Series Hatchback swerved into the parking lot. Rushing towards the drivers side window, Carson rolled it down allowing us to see his face instead of the tinted window. "Carson they're about to close, hurry up."Morgan rushed him.

"Damn, hold on."He mugged her before digging in his front pocket pulling out a wad of cash that seemed too compressed. Peeling two hundreds out of the stack he handed it to Morgan.

"You only need the cap and gown money right now, right?"He questioned looking up at her.

Morgan nodded her head. "Yeah, I'll just ask you for everything else later."He assured him. "Thanks Carsi."She thanked him before she and I began walking away.

Before we could make it any further, Carson called me back. "Aye Jhenea!"It confused the both of us as we turned back towards his car. His arm reached out the window extending me something in his hand. I reluctantly let him place it in my hand noticing that it was a small stack of money, more than what he recently gave Morgan.

"I-I can't take this."I shook my head no attempting to give it back to him.

He chuckled a bit. "It ain't from me love, yo' boy gave it to ya' hit em' up later to thank him, he'll be waiting."And with that Carson rolled his window back up before speeding off.

Looking down at the money in my hand, I unfolded it counting each hundred dollars bill coming up with six hundred in total. This was the most money I ever held in my hands sadly, and it was from Anthony. I turned back towards Morgan who just shrugged at me. "Did you know about this?"I asked her as we walked towards the front office so now the both of us can go pay for our caps and gowns. Initially only Morgan would be putting in a payment for her's today, but now that I had the money and didn't have to wait until aunt April's next pay check, I guess I can make my payment now. I was a bit skeptical about using the money Anthony gave me, due to me knowing that he was going to want something back in return, but of course Morgan had something to say about it.

"I ain't know a damn thing."She shook her head. "But you better use that money girl, you know Anthony's stubborn ass isn't going to take it back so might as well."She pointed out. She was right, I might as well use it for something useful instead of having it sit around while my pride is preventing me from accepting it.

"He's just so, nice and it kills me."I groan as we both stepped into the main office of school.

Morgan laughed. "Nice? Eh. Thoughtful? That's more suiting."She stated causing the both of us to laugh.

We soon got separated as we went to different desk in the office area to pay for our cap and gown. "Mr. Johnson what are you doing here working on a Saturday?"I asked as I approached the desk that I would be making my payment at.

He smiled at me before greeting me. "I decided to pitch in to help with graduation plan with it being in a week and a half. What are you doing here little lady?"He folded his hands before looking up at me.

"I actually came to purchase my cap and gown."I state proudly with a smile on my face displaying my braces.

He raised a shocking brow. "Shut up. You're only a junior."He pointed out as if he didn't believe me.

"I'm so serious. Morgan and I were two of the fifteen juniors to graduate with the senior class."I tell him as I pointed at Morgan who was on the other side of the office rolling her eyes at Mrs. Chapman who was of course giving her a hard time.

He stood up from his chair with a huge smile. "Come here girl."He outstretched his arms. "I'm so proud of you."He hugged me causing us to sway side to side. "So you really aren't gonna be here next year?"

I shoom my head no. "Absolutely not."

"This is crazy man, I really watched you grow into a beautiful and intelligence young lady, I'm damn near proud of my self."He joked causing me to laugh along with him.

Mr. Johnson and I chatted for a bit until both Morgan and I were finished with paying for our caps and gowns. Leaving the office, I took it upon myself to call Anthony to genuinely thank him.

Hearing the phone ring for a few moments his husky voice came through the phone. "Hello."He answered causing me to shudder a bit. I missed him, everything about him. His walk, how he talks, his voice, his dominant demeanor, his laugh and even his smooth chuckle. I missed how my nose would sting a bit every time I smell his cologne, but I just couldn't pull away because his scent was so intoxicating. I miss how his tattoos would appear even more vibrant in the dark. I even miss the way hell tuck his gold jewelry in his shirt when it rained because it was some crazy habit he picked up from his brother. He was just so-, him. And I missed it.

"Yo, you still there?"He asked me causing me to snatched out of my webbed thoughts.

Here I was thinking about how badly I missed him when just a week ago I was pushing him away, I was just so damn bipolar.

"Yeah,"I cleared my throat. "it's me."

He chuckled a raspy chuckle before responding. "I know sweetheart. You straight?"His tone grew a bit worried.

"No, no, I'm fine."I assured him. "I just wanted to thank you for the money you gave me. I appreciate it."

Just by the slight silence over the phone, I could tell he took some time to lick his lips and regroup. I knew him more than I knew myself, yet he still managed to be unpredictable. "It ain't nothing 'Nea, I always told you I got you and imma' keep my word, even if we on bad terms."That caused my heart to swell up. How could he be so damn smooth with words, but still managed to be sincere with them?

"We aren't on bad terms."I told him.

Exhaling some air, he spoke. "Shit I would've thought we was, you went from checkmate, to no strings attached. I thought I had you when I ate yo' pussy, but you tougher than I thought."I laughed a bit while shaking my head.

"Anthony do you understand why I did what I did?"I asked him while I still walked with Morgan.

"Yeah."He stated sighing. "I fucked with yo' trust and it's fucked up."

I nodded my head agreeing. "I'm just glad we came to an understanding."I stated. He went silent for a moment. I thought I had said something wrong, but in reality, I realized we didn't come to an understanding. He wanted more, and I wanted less. To opposite things that we we're both too stubborn to compromise on.

"You know I love you right?"He asked. My breathing lumped up in my lungs causing me to feel as if no air circulation would be provided to me. My mouth and throat grew dry as my mind began to over think each and every word he had just stated.

He just told me he loved me.

He couldn't do that. It's too late.

Clearing my throat once my I readjusted myself. "Anthony, you don't mean that."I told him. I honestly didn't know what to say too him. Now that he had finally assured me that he felt a certain way towards me, I couldn't find it within myself to tell him I love him to. Was I still shy? Or was I just to afraid to trust him still.

"Don't doubt what I say Jhen. I know how I feel and I been feeling it for a while now, I just didn't know the right time to say that shit. I probably sound like a lil' sis right now pourin' my heart out to you like some bitch, but I'm cool with that."

"Anthony I think you should go to recollect yourself. This doesn't mean I don't feel the same, just give me time."I ran my hands down my face with a dreading sight.

"Cool."And with that he hung up. Clearly he was upset and I don't blame him.
____________________________

I smell the drama already. 😂

But enjoy another Sunday gift

And this graduation chapter about to be LIT🔥 Y'all gone be crying 💀

Love you guys though

Ps, I halfway proof read so sorry if it sounded a lil messy at the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.2K 35
******completed****** A man of 5.9 height is walking through the glass door. He was wearing a black suit. The driver opened the door of his BMW. The...
3K 45 20
You have a job - doing make-up of celebs in movies and shows. Since a few months you're job is to turn a young and talented cast into famous legend a...
110K 2.9K 47
August Alsina and Karin Jinsui? New Orleans meets New York. Projects VS. Suburbs. LOVE❤
23.2K 1K 12
To be in love was something that any human would live for. And to be loved, was something that any human would die for. Your life was perfect. You ha...