The Full Moon [boyxboy]

By rotXinXpieces

As the only son of Moonstone's most powerful wolf pack, Zaid Kallas has a lot on his plate with his eighteent... More

The Full Moon
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Fifteen

102K 3.8K 1.9K
By rotXinXpieces

Chapter Fifteen (Zaid's POV)

Things were becoming mostly normal after that first night when I woke up and I was back home.

Blood Rain and Luna had combined already. Chores were divided up and it gave me more time to spend with Scythe. I was thankful for that and the fact that no one made a comment on my relationship with him. I knew it was because Scythe probably just glared at them, daring them to do it, but that was fine by me. I didn't want to hear about how this was a mistake.

It wasn't.

Scythe made me feel like I wasn't a weakling, like I wasn't pathetic or abnormal.

Which explained why we were now training in the backyard. I had asked Scythe to teach me. I needed to know more. I wasn't about to let someone do something to me again and I had a strong feeling that Jack was somewhere nearby, waiting to jump me again. Only next time, he was going to be in for a surprise.

Pay attention! Scythe ordered and I looked up as he lunged at me, his jaws snapping at my face as his ears laid back against his head. I dodged out of the way, whirling around and ramming into his side to knock him off his feet. He easily rolled across the grass onto his feet again, giving me this wolfish smirk.

I rolled my eyes, bowing my head to lunge at him again when I suddenly felt my stomach lurge. I blinked and stood up straight. My blood felt hot, boiling as it coursed through my veins. I felt dizzy and sick.

Shit, not this again.

Break. I told him. Scythe nodded and let himself change back into a human. He walked to the picnic table, grabbing his clothes, then paused after his jeans were up when he realized I hadn't followed.

I was afraid to move. I felt sick and hot, heavy. I very carefully lowered myself to the ground on my belly, my ears laying back as I panted, my tongue lolling out. I fell onto my side to breath.

"Zaid!" Scythe dropped his shirt and went straight to me, kneeling down beside me.

"Zaid?" He asked, patting my cheek, then running his hand along my side, his fingers raking gently through my fur. I panted for a moment as my temperature cooled. I took a deep breath, relaxing as Scythe stroked my fur, leaning down to nuzzle behind my ear. I looked up at him and lifted my head, licking his face. He smiled, but I could tell it was forced.

"Come on, let's go inside and sit you down. Trisha will make us Chamomile tea to settle you." He said, backing away and giving me space to change back. It felt slower than usual, but I finally managed to become human again, struggling to get to my feet. Scythe put his arms around me, helping me up as he led me to the table where we pulled our clothes on.

We went inside where the smell of lunch being made filled the air and my stomach growled. I felt like I hadn't eaten in years. The strange thing was that ever since I'd come back, I'd been eating at least two times my weight, but I hadn't gained any.

"A side effect of the drugs." Lars had told me. Morphine was extremely addicting, so it was probably the reason my body felt off lately. I prayed it was gone by Saturday so I wouldn't puke in the middle of my ceremony. I shuddered at the thought, heading into the kitchen and sitting at the table as Scythe asked Trisha for some tea. She nodded timidly, avoiding my eyes as she brewed it.

"Hopefully it'll calm your stomach enough and we can go do something a little less violent." Scythe offered as he sat down across from me. I raised an eyebrow, resting my chin in my hand, my elbow on the table.

"Like what?"

"Ah, I have an idea. Dirt bikes."

"Dirt bikes?"

"Yea, we have a couple and I'm sure you'll be comfortable on my father's. It'll be fun. We'll ride out to the lake."

"And what? Have a nice little picnic and watch butterflies?"

"I was gonna say hunt once we got there, but if you really want to go with the lovey dovey-"

"Hunting it is." I declared. Scythe grinned as Trisha set our tea in front of us before drifting out of the room quickly. My eyes followed her before I looked at Scythe, who was sipping his tea.

"Does she not like me?" I asked curiously. Scythe raised an eyebrow.

"Who? Trisha? Oh, don't worry about her. She's always been like that. I overheard her telling Thalia that she thinks she can sense evil around here, but she's just kind of crazy. She's lost a lot of people in her previous pack, so I don't doubt that she's a little paranoid."

"That's kind of depressing."

"Welcome to my world. Well, what was my world. I have a way better world now." Scythe said, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes, gulping my tea down and breathing gently at the warmth and calmness that spread over me. Far more relaxing than training, I decided comfortably. I looked up when I felt Scythe staring at me. He was resting his chin in his palm, elbow on the table, eyes staring right at me.

"What?" I asked, reaching up to touch my face. Did I have something on my face? Scythe laughed, shaking his head.

"Nothing. I just like watching you..." He answered. I felt my cheeks get warm at that as I cleared my throat, finishing my tea and rising to my feet.

"How about that bike ride?" I asked. Scythe smirked and stood up, gesturing for me to follow him outside. We left the house and headed to the barn for the bikes. We entered from the side, only to hear something strange. It sounded like panting. Scythe and I shared looks.

The barn was large with an arched roof. There was a hayloft above, but it was used for old parts and rituals. Down below, the stables had been taken apart to make room for three vehicles and at least several bikes that were propped in the corner. Just past the Raptor, I could easily make out Kylan and Alek.

I stiffened as Kylan pinned Alek to the wall of the barn, his hands wandering Alek's backside while Alek gasped, digging his nails into Kylan's arms. Scythe came up behind me to peek at the scene before a smirk curled his lip. He held a finger to his lip, glancing at me before he looked up and cleared his throat loudly.

Alek gave a girly shriek and shoved Kylan hard enough to send him stumbling back into the bikes. Kylan flailed his arms for a second, wincing as Alek spat on the ground.

"Don't touch me!" Alek snarled at him, then shoved between Scythe and I with his shoulders, bursting out the side door and slamming it shut behind him. Scythe glanced at me to see if I was alright and I just nodded before looking over Kylan, who looked shamefaced at the ground.

"I'm sorry," He apologized, "Please don't tell anyone! If Thalia were to find out-"

"Cool it," Scythe soothed, surprising me as he walked over to plop a hand on Kylan's shoulder, giving it a squeeze, "I'm not telling anyone. And neither will Zaid. In fact, we didn't see anything, did we?" He glanced over at me and I shook my head quickly. Scythe smiled and looked back at Kylan reassuringly. Kylan breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you so much, Scythe." He said quickly before brushing past us quickly to leave. Scythe watched him go, then looked at me with a grin.

"And I thought Alek was a homophobe." He smirked, walking over to a red dirtbike, gesturing to the blue one beside him. I approached it, picking up the leather riding jacket on the seat, sliding it on as I reached for the helmet.

"It's still not right for Alek to cheat on Thalia. If she found out, she'd be upset." I replied. Scythe shrugged, studying the black visor on the helmet before he shoved it onto his head.

"Thalia's a tough cookie, just like her brothers."

"Ugo, Storm, and Kylan, right?"

"Yup. They were a litter of five originally. My father, Ugo, and one named Lucius, but he died shortly after being born. They were triplets. Kylan's the youngest. Thalia's the second youngest."

"Wow. You have a big family."

"Yea, I suppose. It's even bigger now." Scythe added, looking content with this being the end of the conversation. It still made me curious, but I respected his wishes as we started the bikes. He led the way out the back of the barn and onto the faded dirt path that went through the woods.

The roar of the engines completely droned out all sounds. The smell of gasoline, grass, dirt, and rain fell thickly around me. Trees and brush flew by quickly as we shot over a hill in the path, landing back down. I watched as Scythe pulled back, performing a wheelie before he landed back down. I could vaguely hear his laughter. It made a smile tug at the corner of my lips as we rode through the trees, heading for the lake.

It was about halfway through when my stomach started to clench. I held my breath as I swerved around a hill to avoid anymore pain, but it was useless. My chest tightened and my throat ached as I felt a bubbling sensation begin in my gut, rising to my mouth.

Shit.

Not now!

I immediately skidded to a stop, almost ramming into a tree. Scythe stopped just a ways ahead of me when he saw me stop out the corner of his eye. I immediately tore my helmet off, tossing it into the leaves as I stumbled off the bike, taking big gulps of fresh air.

"Zaid? Are you all right?" Scythe asked, jogging up to me and placing a gloved hand on my back, his eyes filled with concern. I didn't respond, fearing I might vomit right on his shoes. I clamped my lips together, leaning over with my hands on my knees.

My stomach slowly settled, but I still felt this dull ache.

"Do you want to go back to the house?" Scythe asked, stroking my spine up and down. I felt tingles as he did it, shivering. I finally straightened up as my body slowly began to feel normal, or somewhat anyway. There was still the dull throb, but I ignored it as I shook my head.

"No. I'm fine... Just needed a minute."

"Are you sure? I don't mind. I don't want to force you to do this."

"You're not. I'm forcing you. Let's go." I insisted. Scythe studied me, looking extremely reluctant before he sighed and nodded, letting go of me to head to his bike. I picked mine up, steadying it as I got on, revving the engine before I twirled and shot down the dirt path with Scythe riding steadily at my side.

It irritated me that he was being cautious, but I knew he was just concerned. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that he's worried about me. At the same time, I was mad that he was treating me like a helpless pup. I could take care of myself. I was just sick because of the drugs.

Just like Lars said.

It didn't take long to reach the lake. We road around to the shoreline on the other side, dangerously close to Amethyst territory. We parked the bikes under a weeping willow that hung over the dark lake. Scythe stretched, sighing before he tossed his jacket on his bike. For a second, I thought he was just going to sit down when I realized he was stripping.

"What are you doing?" I asked in disbelief. He smirked, tossing his pants over his shoulder at me. I caught them just as they hit me in the face. I scowled as I dropped them on the bike, watching him shimmy from his briefs.

"I'm going for a swim. Want to join me?" He asked, twirling his underwear on his finger before flicking them at me. I rolled my eyes, stepping aside to let them land on the seat of his bike.

"You're such a child."

"A child who wants to swim naked with his mate. So long as his mate is willing."

"You'd talk me into it anyway."

"You're right. Please, please, please? Pretty please with sugar on top? And whip cream? Chocolate sauce? A cherry?"

"Oh, Lord."

"Is it working?"

"Yes." I huffed, watching Scythe grin before he stepped into the water, pausing to shiver for a second before going in further. I hesitated, standing on the shore as I watched the water slowly engulf Scythe from toes to waist. The murky water rippled around his muscular body, water droplets creating rivulets down his torso as he wadded in deeper. Soon, the water was up to his collarbone.

"It's not cold, I promise." Scythe called to me, splashing the water at me. I sighed, then peeled the jacket off, tossing it on top of Scythe's before I pulled my shirt off.

"Undress slower." Scythe whooped, then laughed as I threw a rock at him. He easily dodged it, swimming on his back for a second before coming to a delicate stop, snapping his fingers in a way that meant to get crackin'. I huffed, but obeyed as I tossed my shirt away before unzipping my jeans, pulling them down. I paused at my boxers, glancing at Scythe, who was watching me intensely.

I felt a shiver race up my spine as I pushed the boxers down, flicking them with my foot onto the pile of clothes before stepping up to the shore. The water very gently tickled my toes and I hissed.

"It's freezing, you liar!" I protested, hugging myself. Scythe grinned.

"Not for long. I know just the way to make you nice and hot, Zaid."

"Oh, you're just awful."

"I'm just horny. Come here or I'll come get you."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Ohh, is that a bet? I accept your challenge." Scythe wadded out of the water quickly and I had only turned to bolt, but he caught me around the waist, making me gasp and kick my feet.

"Scythe, stop! It's cold! You're splashing it everywhere!"

"I'm not the one flailing like a turtle on its back! You're splashing! Stop or I'll fall over!"

"Put me down first!"

"Never- Shit!" Scythe yelped as he stepped back into the mucky sand under his feet. He slide easily through the silt and fell backwards, taking me with him. I only had a chance to gasp before the water engulfed me completely, filling my mouth and nose. I coughed. For a second, I was about to grab Scythe and shove him when I suddenly felt afraid.

The water over my head reminded me of the way Jack shoved my head under the water in his tub.

Panic involuntarily struck me as I flailed my arms in the water, splashing as I kicked my feet and resurfaced, gasping frantically for air until I felt Scythe's arms around me, holding me tightly.

"Ssh, I've got you." He murmured against my ear. His voice calmed me almost immediately as I relaxed, my hands clasping over his. I tilted my head to look at him, his eyes dark as he leaned in, kissing me on the lips. He growled, sending chills through me.

One of his hands wandered down along my side and onto my thigh before moving around to my ass, his finger pressing against me. I gasped, gripping his hand tightly. He moved his lips to my ear, sucking on my earlobe as his finger invaded me, making me shudder.

"S-Scythe, not here," I managed, my eyes darting around the lake, "Someone could see-"

"I don't sense anyone." Scythe whispered, trailing his other hand to my mouth. Before I could make another comment, he shoved his finger in my mouth, pressing down on my tongue. I moaned as he touched me intimately below and above.  His lips moved to my throat, sucking and biting, marking me as he continued to torturously stroke me. I writhed in his grasp, feeling my pleasure heighten as his finger brushed something inside me that sent stars dancing across my vision.

I tilted my head back against his shoulder, closing my eyes in bliss as I hit my peak. Moan after moan spilled past my lips as Scythe murmured in my ear, whispering how much he loved me, how much he needed me. It sent chills racing through me and a surprisingly powerful wave of pleasure, enough so that I was coming all over again, a long, loud moan ripping free.

"Aren't you needy?" Scythe smirked as he backed away from me, giving us two feet between us as I panted, my legs wobbling under the water until I lowered myself until the water was up to my chin.

"You're embarrassing." I answered, feeling my whole body heat with embarrassment and desire. Scythe smirked, waving his arms gently through the water as he cocked his head.

"What? No one's out here, Zaid. Just you and me."

"What if Amethyst is out on patrol?"

"Oh, please. They're border ends just at the treeline about several feet from the bikes. We're safe."

"I didn't mean getting caught in their territory. I meant getting caught skinny dipping and... Uhm, other things." I added under my breath, lowering myself until the water was above my lips. Scythe laughed, wadding over and taking me into his arms again, tilting my head up so he could kiss me on the lips.

"I'd never do those things to you if I knew someone was watching. Only I get to see you like this." He said softly. I shivered, tipping my head up to kiss him a couple times on the lips before I let them drift to his throat. Scythe growled, tightening his grip on me as I licked at his throat, then dipped my head to his chest, licking at his nipple. He gasped, digging his nails into my back for a split second before loosening his grip, like he was afraid to hurt me.

It mildly irritated me, but the desire to make Scythe feel good overpowered it. I cupped him in my hand, watching him growl again, his canines seemed to grow sharper. I stroked him, watching him pant as he gripped me tightly to him again. I parted my lips, kissing the underside of his chin before kissing along his neck to his ear.

Snap.

Almost immediately I backed away from Scythe, who hissed at the loss of contact, but seemed to hear exactly what I heard. He immediately pulled me beside him, his eyes darting around.

"Can't have peace for two seconds." He grumbled. I could see a tic form in his jaw as he sniffed the air, his eyes searching for the source of the noise. He growled low in his throat and before I knew it, he was changing right there in the water. His fur was soaked immediately as he bounded out of the water, bolting onto land and straight at the trees that were on Amethyst territory. I winced, wading further to shore before I changed as well.

My fur was wet and dripping as I scrambled out of the water, shaking myself off before following after Scythe.

Scythe?! Scythe, where did you go? I demanded, my eyes searching the trees as I stood just on the other side of the border. Stepping foot on another pack's territory without proper permission was like declaring war and there was certainly no time for that kind of affair.

I scanned around for Scythe, lowering my head and lifting my tail, my hackles raised as I growled. It took me a moment to realize that I was being growled back at. I lifted my head, cocking my head.

Hello?

Call your mate off! The male's voice snarled.

Who are you?

If you call your mate off, I'll tell you what you want, just call him off!

Fine. I muttered in irritation, then sat back and howled for Scythe. It didn't take long before Scythe came crackling through the woods, his hackles raised as he growled, his ears perked in alarm. He came to my side, but reluctantly. It was only when Scythe sat down did the intruder reveal himself and I was stunned to see a leopard appear.

He was sleek and built for power and speed. The shocking part was he had to be a snow leopard. His fur was an intricate design of black on white. His eyes were like slates of silver-blue, glowing from the shadows of the trees. He was about as big as Scythe, but leaner. The noticable feature was a familiar black collar around his throat with little metal prongs rounded at the ends.

Fear shot like ice through my stomach as I took a step back. The leopard hissed at us.

Don't just attack so stupidly, wolf. I could easily kill you both. He threatened, his tail whipping around behind him threateningly. Scythe growled low in his throat.

Then don't spy on my mate and I! He snarled. The leopard bared its teeth, giving a low, guttural growl as its claws scratched at the dirt.

I wasn't spying! Not exactly anyway. I smelled a familiar scent and I followed it. How was I to know it was leading to a pair of homo wolves? He sneered.

Your collar. Where did you get it? I demanded before Scythe could toss another insult. The leopard's eyes glinted in the sunlight as he watched me suspiciously.

That's none of your concern, unless you know how to remove it.

I do. I had a collar like that too... Does the name Jack Runningwolf ring a bell? I asked. I watched the leopard's tail whip, his eyes flaring with hatred as he hissed, backing away from me.

If you're friends with that no good dirty rotten son of a bitch-

No, believe me. Friends is the furthest thing I think of that monster. I snapped. The leopard watched me, the suspicion in his eyes still flaring for a while before he seemed to sense that we weren't dangerous. Well, me anyway. Scythe was still standing threateningly with his tail raised in challenge, his teeth bared.

What's your name? I asked. The leopard hesitated, keeping his head low even as he reluctantly sat on the ground, his tail curling around his legs.

Kyler. Kyler Mercy. Who's asking?

I'm Zaid Kallas. This is my mate, Scythe Rider.

Zaid? You're Zaid? Kyler's eyes seemed to grow sharper, more suspicious by the second. I hadn't known I was famous, then again, had Jack run off and told this leopard? Did that mean Jack was still here? Or did Jack send him here? The thought sent a sliver of fear racing down my spine.

It was dashed away by the sight of the collar again. This leopard couldn't be a spy for Jack if he hated him so, right? Then again, Jack had proven to be a very good actor.

How did you get here? I asked. Kyler glared, his tail flicking with irritation.

Make no mistake. I'm not here for Jack. Trust me, had I known it was your scent I was following to escape, I'd of turn tail somewhere else. Wherever you are, Jack will be. I don't even like talking to you right now, but I need this collar off. Take it off for me and I'll tell you where Jack is hiding. Do the world a favor and kill him while you're at it. He explained, his voice steely. I looked at Scythe, who seemed to relaxed slightly, sitting down.

Scythe, take his collar off like you did mine. I told him. Scythe sighed, cocking his head to look at Kyler with annoyance.

You have to come back with us. The collar needs to be cut with something sharp.

Use your nails.

If you really want your throat ripped open too-

Enough, I ordered, looking at Kyler, who snorted, Please. It won't take very long. I'll spare you my jacket on the way there, if you can still turn. I'm not sure how much energy Jack has already stolen from you.

Not much, Kyler assured me with a grunt, How do you think I got away? I had to suck up to that sniveling whelp to actually save up my energy to change. Oh, and next time you see Jack, you'll see I gave him a very good parting gift. He seemd to smirk before rising to his feet. Scythe changed first, fetching the clothes before returning. I changed second, pulling my jeans and shirt on, holding my jacket as Kyler changed.

From snow leopard to human, Kyler became even more attractive. Not that I was putting him before Scythe. While my mate was muscular and strong, Kyler was leaner. He wasn't skinny or anything, you could make out the muscles shifting under his porcelain skin. His silver-blue eyes remained, only now it was hidden behind layered platinum blonde hair.

He was like a super model or something.

I held the jacket out to him, watching him tug it on, scanning the dark leather material before gazing at me, his eyes drifting up and down before they grew narrowed.

"Now wonder Jack wanted you so desperately. You're adorable." He stated, sounding surprisingly annoyed. I felt my cheeks burn as Scythe growled low in his throat, but Kyler snapped his head to glare at him, tightening his grip on the sleeves of the jacket that were just slightly too long for him.

"Back off, Scooby-Doo. I'm not comin' onto your mate. I'm just stating a fact. Besides, I don't like dogs. You're a bunch of mutts."

"At least we don't lick our-"

"Scythe, stop," I scolded, watching him hold up his hands in defense before I looked at Kyler, who scowled, "We'll walk there. I still don't trust you quite enough. Besides, it'll give you enough time to convince us that you're not lying." Kyler frowned.

"Fine. So long as I get the collar off, I couldn't give a shit what you think." He responded.

"Quite a mouth on you." Scythe commented, rolling his eyes as we made our way to the bikes. Kyler scowled.

"You're one to talk. I saw you playing with your mate. You make Alexis Texas blush."

"Oh, you little-"

"Stop!" I snapped. Scythe fell silent, but still looked extremely aggravated as we walked with the bikes down the dirt path toward the house. All the while, I noticed that despite Kyler's crude comments, he was paranoid. His silver eyes were darting around, searching the trees as if he were waiting to be attacked.

"Jack's not nearby, is he?" I asked. Kyler shook his head, gripping the jacket to him tightly, tugging it down to hide his private parts.

"He's not even in the same state. He's filthy stinking rich in the human world. He has his home base up in Washington and a summer home in Louisiana. I was part of his testing lab in Louisiana. This is actually the first time I've been out in months."

"And you followed my scent all the way here?"

"Yes. I'm not going to explain how, because believe me, you don't wanna know how I picked up on your scent, but it paid off in the end. As soon as you get the collar off me, I'm heading to Alaska. Dumb shit won't follow me there if he knows what's good for him."

"What's in Alaska?"

"Other than Sarah Palin, fields of ice and snow. Enough to clear my scent out so Jack will never find me again."

"How long have you been with Jack?"

"Years. In fact, Jack stole me. He tricked me into following him when we met in Maine. He locked me in his trailer and he didn't let me out for weeks. Worse few weeks of my life. Didn't help when we got to his place in Louisiana and he locked me in another cage, only this one was creepier because I was watching all his other freaks mill around and moan and groan and bitch. They're almost as bad as Jack, whimpering about how their lives are miserable. Fuck that, your life is only miserable if Jack likes you."

"Eugh."

"Yea, sucks to be you. And me. Snow leopards are a bitch to find, so what does he do when he finds me? He plays the sad lone wolf and before I know it, I'm the hunted, or rather, the captured. Fucking asshole tranqed me so hard, I was out for days."

"What did he use?"

"Fuck if I know. What do I look like, Crocodile Dundee?"

"For being locked up for months, you sure know how to keep up with the times." Scythe said dryly, his hands shoved into the pockets of his jacket. Kyler smirked.

"Well, Jack likes to think that leaving his television on is spoiling us." He drawled.

A sudden snap made us all stop. Well, except Kyler. He jumped almost five feet in the air and grabbed my arm immediately. It was only a second later when a rabbit shot across the path, racing off into the woods. Kyler let go of me, breathing a sigh of relief.

"You're jumpy." Scythe commented. Kyler scowled.

"You would be too if you've lived with a maniac freak for several years. Wanna trade places? I'd take a smelly wolf mate than Jack any day."

"Rot in hell."

"Gladly."

"We're almost there." I cut in, walking ahead as we neared the back of the barn. Kyler seemed even more cautious now. I could sense the fear, suspicion, and carefulness radiating off him in tidal waves as his eyes locked on everything in sight, darting around as his muscles tensed.

Scythe and I led Kyler to the house, entering to find the house mostly empty, save for Trisha sweeping the foyer area. As soon as her eyes landed on us, they widened and she took a frightened step back when she saw Kyler, who smirked at her reaction.

"Trisha, where is my father?" Scythe asked firmly. Trisha gulped, pointing timidly out the door.

"He went to a council meeting with Mr. and Mrs. Kallas. Kylan is downstairs guarding the Hunter. Alek, Thalia, Lars, and the othes went hunting." She explained softly. Scythe sighed, nodding slowly as he gestured for her to continue her chores. Although, she rushed to the kitchen to avoid us.

"Well, I didn't want to meet your curs anyway," Kyler drawled, "Cut my collar off. Now."

"No please?" Scythe snorted.

"Bite me."

"If you insist-"

"There should be some scissors in the kitchen," I said, gesturing for Kyler to follow me, "I'll cut them off and you can tell us where Jack is." Kyler studied me for a moment, then shrugged in agreement, letting me lead him into the kitchen where Trisha seemed to avoid us completely. I dug the scissors out of the drawer, approaching Kyler, who watched me suspiciously.

"Cut my throat and I'll gut you." He threatened.

"I won't hurt you. I don't have any reason to."

"Pleasure."

"I gain no pleasure hurting people."

"That's what they all say." Kyler snorted. I grimaced. I felt bad for Kyler. Jack's trickery had obviously led to Kyler becoming totally distrustful. It made me wonder what kind of person he was before Jack had kidnapped him. I slid the scissors under the collar, but as soon as the metal touched one of the prongs, Kyler gasped and tore away from me.

"It shocked me!" He exclaimed.

"Is it supposed to do that?" I asked in disbelief.

"No, it's remote control operated! What did you do?"

"Nothing!"

"You're lying!"

"I'm not!" I snapped. Kyler glared at me, still holding his throat as he shuddered, his legs shaking before he managed to steady himself. Scythe glared at him, then watched me as I approached him again. Just when I was about to try again, a sharp pain kicked me in the stomach.

I gasped and dropped the scissors, sinking to my knees.

"Zaid!" Scythe was beside me in an instant. Kyler stepped back, watching me with wide, suspicious eyes.

"What's happening?" He demanded.

"I don't know- Ugh! I'm gonna be sick." I managed, my lips trembling as the bile rose quickly up my throat, burning my stomach. Scythe quickly struggled to help me to my feet. Trisha even scurried to help me, leading me to the bathroom where I heaved up all the food I'd eaten. Kyler was watching from the bathroom doorway, his eyes glowing. I trembled, drool hanging down my chin as I panted for breath.

"It burns." I managed, gripping my stomach in pain.

"Trisha, get him some tea and pain medication, anything." Scythe commanded.

"It won't help him." Kyler muttered. Scythe glared at him.

"What'd you know?" He snapped.

"A lot more than you, prick."

"If you open your mouth one more time-" Scythe didn't finish as another wave of nausea hit me and I vomited again, tears welling in my eyes. Make it stop! It hurts! I choked as I finally finished, the nausea barely settling before I slumped against the wall by the toilet, breathing hard.

My eyes met Kyler's and I knew immediately that he knew what was going on.

And he wasn't about to tell me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

946K 38.8K 31
[Book #1 in the Blackwood Pack series] Currently in the process of rewriting (it'll be uploaded as a separate book) ________________ ...
143K 7K 22
Book EIGHT- The Ultimate Sun series Aiden was the one who never stopped smiling. The one people counted on to keep them up and he took both jobs ser...
1.8M 48.9K 18
[WARNING there is BOYXBOY action in this story so if you don't like it DON'T READ IT!] It's been f...
54K 1.4K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...