My Best Friend's Boyfriend is...

By Luzel_hime

Running. That is all that I have been doing ever since I discovered his secret. Running and hiding from tha... More

1 - The Fluffy New Girl
2 - Don't Mess with my Jelly Pudding
3 - The Children of the Mafia
4 - They're Vampires?!.. yeah right.
5 - BambiLu is a Furry Wolf
6 - Wolf Theory
7 - Florence's Secret
8 - I Have a Stalker.. and he's a Wolf
9 - Minny Likes it Slow
10 - This is a Girls Sleep Over
Shapes in the Clouds
Horror movies.. who likes them
Minny is Taken
The Other Wolf
The Pizza Thief
Someone has a Temper
Genius Are Stupid
Missing Her
Wolf Boy and Icing
Breakfast Delivery
I'm a Hostage
My Rollercoaster Morning
A blast from Florence's Past
Flo in Action
I'm a Selfish Brat
I'm a Slave Driver
Scaring Wolf Boy's Fans
Complications of the Heart
Angels and boyfriends
Heart stopping moves
The vault
They're Tourist Guides
Hi I'm Lacus Clyne
They're here
You're not a monster
A Promise to Run
The School Fair Day 1 Part 1
The School Fair Day 1 Part 2
The School Fair Day 2
The School Fair Day 2 Part 2
The after party
The After Party 2
Waking up Wolf Boy
Birthday Kiss
Pepero Sticks
The Wrath of Khan
It's Snowing
Shooting Arrows
Blame Global Warming
Scribbles
Butter
New Year Traditions
Interview with Khan
Rabid
The Irrational Genius
Valentine Plague
Florence's Galaxy
Sunflowers
The Red Dress
Florence's Valium
Go Team
A Walk in the Park
Family, Friends and Food
Head on Shoulders
30 Seconds Too Long
Haruman
How to kill a Vampire and find Atlantis
Adrenaline Shot
Niga Joha Neomu Joha
Scribbles part 2 (A/N)
Happy Ever After.. Is it?
Broken Faith
Fate's Stupid Games
The Prelude to Chaos
The Mad White Room of Nightmares
The Garden with the Glass Sky
To Escape
Death by a Rotten Apple
The Cure and Death of Wolf Boy
Soul Mate and Destiny
Lost in You
The Big Brother
Officially FloKai
Scribbles 3 (Important Update)
Over Rated Clichés
Flood the Firewall
A Proposition
He's Mine
She's Mine
20 boring facts about Flo
Wide Awake
Memories of a Crescent Moon
What is Love?
Forever
Chasing Cars
Corespondence
The 26
Home
Final Scribbles

Christmas Eve with Him

4.3K 94 32
By Luzel_hime

Hello..^^
A sweet and cheesy chapter for all of you..:)

FLO POV

I was spending the holidays at the big house since it had the more sophisticated lab equipment I needed. 

I had found what to occupy me during the holidays and it seems they also found theirs.

I want to cry at what they’re doing.

It seems they thought I’ll be sad and lonely since I’m all alone for the holidays.. well they’re right.

So every day they visit me threes and fours. Sometimes they just appear at the front door all together.

I let them do what they want. I like the company and noise they bring. They had fun decorating house with the decorations I had at the vault. They had dragged a big Christmas tree they had found and went all out.

I smiled as I sit down in front of the fireplace with a cup of coffee. It was Christmas eve. I didn’t expect any visitors today. I had already placed their gifts under the tree just for the sake of it. I had one for Mom, Dad and Ren too although I doubt that will ever reach them. I just store them in the vault without opening them.

“It’s Christmas tomorrow Peanut. I wonder what Santa will give me?” I ask the elephant. He was my constant companion these days. I had hauled all of them from  the apartment and placed them in my room at the big house. “And for you Spade what did you ask Santa for?” I ask the alpaca Kris had given me. I didn’t know there such things as Alpaca stuff toys but Spade was there staring at me beadily. Like it was saying of course I’m real duh.

I’m talking to stuff toys.. oh this is just hilarious. Ren will laugh his head off. I miss my brother. I miss my mom, my dad. I miss my friends.

“Oh where is your Christmas spirit Florence? This not the time to mope.” I said to myself and switched on the entertainment system to play Christmas carols.

“Falalalala lalalala!” I sang twirling Peanut around. “I’m going crazy.. Falalalalala lalalala.” I add laughing.

Yeah I’m going crazy.

I’m going crazy with thinking what I’ll do with Luhan. He seems fine now but what if it happens again? The test I had showed me the same results again that’s it making me frustrated. I had decided to start making something to counter what is happening to him but I was no near success since I’m dealing with an unknown material. I decided to give him some modified vitamin pills Ren and Aiden had made to counter his fatigue. That was all I can do as of now and it’s making me mad at myself.

“jingle bell jingle bell jingle bell rock-“ my singing was stopped by the door bell. Who can it be?

“It’s one of your friends mademoiselle.” Brad said.

“Okay. Thank you.” I said to my computer. I picked up Peanut and padded to the door and opened it.

“Merry Christmas!” Kai said the momment I opened the door..

“That’s for tomorrow.” I said.

“Advance then.” He said grinning.

“What are you doing here? Who’s with you?” I ask opening the door wider.

“Didn’t we promise we’ll keep you company everyday of the holidays? I’m alone.”He said stepping inside.

“But it’s Christmas eve. You're suppose to be with your family.” I said helping him take off his coat which was crusted with snow.

“That’s for later. Do you have anything to do today?” He asked.

“Nope.” I said poking him with Peanut’s trunk. “Did you bring me some panda chocolates?”

“How can I forget?” He said handing me a box.

“Yey!” I said handing him peanut and opening the box.

“Are you doing anything at your lab?” Kai asked as we walk back to the living room

“None. I decided to take a rest today.” I answer as I sit down. “Do you want coffee or chocolate to drink?”

“Chocolate.” Kai answered sitting in front of the fire.

“I’ll just go get you a cup.” I said and skipped to the kitchen. I fixed him his favorite chocolate drink and returned to the living room. He had placed Peanut beside Spade and was warming himself.

“Is it cold outside Oppa?” I ask him as I sit down beside him.

“Not that much for me but you’ll not like it.” He said taking the drink from me and sipping it. “this taste wonderful Flo. You should patent it and sell it.”

“That seems like a great idea. You can be my model.” I said relaxing. Sticking my feet towards the fire.

“We can make an business empire out of this.” He said grinning. “What will be our company’s name? KFC?”

“What would that stand for? Kentucky Fried Chicken?” I asked laughing.

“Kai and Florence Company. Is that what KFC stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken?” He asked amused.

“Yup we can’t use KFC since that is patented.” I answered.

“I’ll think of something.” He said.

“Take your sweet time.” I answered putting my feet on the sofa and hugging my knees.

“Is that our presents?” Kai asked putting on arm behind me and played with my hair.

“Don’t even think of opening yours now. That’s for tomorrow.” I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

“Do we have plans for tomorrow?” He asked meaning all of us.

“Nope. I’ll give it to you guys at new year when we can exchange everything.” I said. “You better have a present for me!” I said looking up at him.

“Of course I do. It’s already warped and waiting for you.” He said smiling at me. Heart doing crazy flips again.

“Ohhh.. that’s makes me excited.” I said clapping my hands. “Don’t you have any plans for today? Any dates with your fans?” I teased him lightly but I was just actually snooping if he had plans with other girls.

“I plan to have a date with you today.”He answered grinning.

My heart stopped and start at an even faster rhythm. Kai will be the death of me one of these days.

“Ehh.. where will we go?” I ask him trying to be nonchalant.

“There’s a Christmas expo that has great food. We can go there if you want.” He said.

A day with Kai. All alone with him.

I bound off the sofa and ran to my room.

“I’ll just go get changed.” I called out.

“Food really makes you move  fast.” He said laughing.

Nope it’s not the food actually.

 I was ready after a few minutes. I had chosen to wear a blue and white dress with some thick stockings and boots. My jacket given by all of them was covered by a leather one.

“I’m ready!” I exclaimed running into the room.

“That was fast.” He said standing up.

“Do you want me to go back and pretend to be preparing like any girl?” I teased.

“Nah. You look nice by the way.” He said.

“Thank you.” I answered blushing. “Oh I’ll just put these two back to my room.” I said picking up Peanut and Spade.  “be right back.”

“I’ll be right here waiting.” He said.

He was standing at the exact spot when I came back.

“Ready to go?” He asked.

“should we bring the car or can we walk?” I ask him back.

“How about we just take the bus. It’ll be change of scenery.” He said.

“Okay dokie. Let’s go!” I said.

“Bundle up first.” He said fixing my scarf. “it’s cold outside.”

“Well I have you to warm me up.” I said grinning. I envy Kai on that part. He’s always warm.

“You shouldn’t go far away from me then. You’ll turn into a popsicle.” He answered.

“No problem.” I said. “Come let’s go.”

“You haven’t been out of this house for days have you?”  he asked as I lock the door and put up the alarm.

“Nope. That’s why I’m excited.” I answer.

“I can see that the snowman’s have melted.” Kai said pointing to the backyard.

“That was a bit sad but then I thought we can always make new ones.” I said.

“Come on lets go.” Kai said grabbing my hand.

This is so far the best Christmas eve I had.

+++

The Expo was held at a big mall and it gave us the opportunity to roam around since it was a large one. I was eating an ice cream cone swing my hand that Kai was still holding. I had taken off my mittens when we arrived at the mall. They had a coat depository so we left our outer coats there.

Kai was just wearing a blue and white long sleeves shirt and also his jacket from the variety show.

“hey we match.” Kai said seemingly ready my mind.

“No you just copied me.” I answered.

“You copied me since I wore it first.” He answered.

I stuck out my tongue and resumed eating my ice cream.

“Silly girl.” He said pulling me close and throwing his arm on my shoulder. “Can I have some?” he asked indicating the ice cream. I held it up to him as he takes a bite.

“oh you two look so good. Can we take a picture?” A boy said interrupting Kai from eating the whole cone.

“Huh?” I asked. Kai had deftly place himself between me and the boy.

“I’m sorry that was strange of me but you too just look so good together. You look so sweet.” The boy said. “We’re taking free pictures for the expo and putting in there to show the different sides of Christmas. You definitely inspire the lovey dovey stuff.”

“Ehhh?” I said blushing as I realized what the boy meant.

“Please? It’s for free anyway and we’ll give you a copy after.” The boy said with a puppy dog face.

“Kai?” I asked the boy beside me.

“I don’t mind.” Kai answered shrugging.

“Yes! Please come this way.” The boy said and started to walk to where a photo booth was standing.

“Did they just mistake us as a couple?” Kai asked. He sounded amused and happy.

“I think so.. that was amusing.” I answered.

“Well we should act like one then.” Kai said grinning mischievously and pulled my hand and intertwines his fingers through mine.

I have watched Minny and Luhan do it various times that I thought I had been immune to it but it’s different when its actually happening to you. I thought that holding someone’s hands this way will just be like any normal action but I was wrong. My heart was beating fast and I thank the cold since it’s not making my hand sweaty. Kai’s hand was so warm against my cold one.

“I found a good couple guys!” the boy said to his companions. “please come here.”

“Ohh they do look nice.. and they’re wearing matching clothes! So cute!” a girl said walking towards us.

“Hello.” Kai said. “what do we need to do?”

“You just have to stand here and we’ll take a photo. Just act natural.” The girl said.

Kai tugs me with him to the place where a camera was standing.

“You okay Flo?” Kai asked since I was silent. He placed a hand on my waist protectively.

“I’m fine. Just surprised that this is actually happening.” I answered smiling at him.

The camera flashed.

“You too look so good together that I want to find a boyfriend too!” The girl said laughing. “One more picture please.”

“Umm what should we do?” I ask her.

“Kiss him!” The girl ordered.

“What?” I said surprised.

“Kiss your handsome boyfriend!” She ordered.

I’m in panic right now. What should do?

“She’s not used to showing affection in public.” Kai said trying hard not to laugh. He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

The camera flashed again.

“Your just so adorable.” The girl to Kai. A flash of anger runs through me.

“Thank you.” Kai answered smiling.

“Here are your copies. Thank you!” The boy said handing us two pictures.

“You’re welcome.” I answered smiling at him.

“Wow. You have such vibrant  beautiful eyes.” He blurted out looking dazed. “I wish you can model of me.”

“She can’t. She’s not a model.” Kai inserted curtly.

“Sorry man. You better watch your girlfriend. She’s a pretty one.” Another boy said.

“I know. Thank you for the picture.” Kai said and towed me away.

“Bye!” I called out waving at them.

“That was amusing.” I said after we were far away from the booth.

“I know.” Kai said grinning.

“They only gave one copy.”I said pulling to a stop and showing him the two pictures. “Which one do you  like?” I ask him.

“Can I have this?” Kai asked taking out the picture which I was smiling at him.

“Sure.” I said putting the picture where he was kissing my cheek back into my bag.

“Come on I bet your hungry.” Kai said pulling me towards the place where wonderful smells where coming from. My stomach rumbled in anticipation. My heart fluttered in happiness as I look at our intertwined hands. It looked and felt so right.

My stomach was full from all the samples we had tried. We had stopped at every booth trying what they were offering and I brought some things I liked. Like those dried mangoes from the Philippines. I had brought bags and of course boyfriend was carrying everything.

“Is that an ice skating rink?” I asked pointing.

“Yeah.” Kai answered.

“Come on let’s skate.” I said pulling him along.

“I’m not good at skating Flo.” Kai said a bit apprehensive.

“I won’t let you fall.” I answered.

“Promise?”He asked grinning.

“of course come on. It’s fun.” I said buying two admission passes.

We deposited our bags at the baggage counter and slipped on our skates.

“Tie it tightly so you won’t break an ankle.” I said to Kai.

“If I fall just let me fall I don’t want to hurt you.” He said.

“Oppa you’ll be fine. I won’t let you go and let you fall.” I said and bent down to properly tie his skates. “Now come on.” I said holding out my hand. He stands and laces his fingers through mine. I take a deep breath to calm my heart down and smiled.

I lead him to the edge and stepped into the ice.

“Come on Kai.” I said.

He stepped into the ice and nearly slipped. I held his arm firmly. He does know how to stand and move around but this is the first time I have seen Kai so uncoordinated.

“Oppa come on.” I said skating around him.

“Show off!” he complained. I skate in front of him and held out my arms. He instantly held on them.

“Easy does it.” I said pulling him gently skating backwards.

“I look ridiculous.” He complained.

“You look fine. Come let’s go there.” I said twisting and putting his hands on my hips. “Just hold on.”

“Gladly.” Kai said. I laugh and pulled both of us around the rink.

I pull his hands from my waist and twist to face him again.

“Having fun?” I ask him.

“As long as you don’t let me go I’m having fun.” he said smiling.

Suddenly a girl flies past him skating very fast. She bumped lightly into Kai causing him to lose balance.

“Oppa! Stop moving!” I order as I put my arms around under his shoulders steadying him. He was like Ren who can’t move in the ice.

“Can we stay still for a moment?” Kai asked voice shaking.

“Sure.” I answered pulling him close. He warps his arms around me and smiled.

“Now this is fun.” He said.

“This is boring.” I complain.

“Watch out!” A voice shouted and I push Kai away as the kid barreled towards us. I tried to prepare to catch the boy but he was just so fast.  We ended in a heap on the ice.

“Are you okay?” I ask the little boy. I had taken most of the fall for him. He nods teary eyed.

“Flo are you okay?” Kai asked me also sitting on the ice.

“I’m fine.” I answer and stand pulling the boy up with me.

“Oh my gosh are you okay?” An older boy skates towards us. “I’m sorry if my brother just barreled like that he’s just staring to learn how to skate.”

“It’s okay. Just be careful next time eh? Don’t let go of your brother’s hand for the moment.” I said to the little boy.

“Thank you noona.” He said.

“You’re welcome and Merry Christmas.”I said patting his head.

“Thank you.” The boys older brother said and the two of the skated away.

“Are you alright Kai?”I asked skating to where he was sitting down.

“I’m fine. How about you?” He asked.

“I’m doing great. Need help?” I ask as he tried to stand.

“Please.” He said holding out his hand. I pull him up gently.

“Let’s just slowly skate shall we.” I suggested as his fingers lace mine.

“Brilliant idea.” He said.

We move lazily around the rink. Kai nearly slipping various times but I didn’t let him fall again. I pull him closer as a bunch of teens skates fast beside us.

“Where did you learn to skate?” Kai asked.

“At the states. My Dad and I usually skate when he has time. Mom and Ren like to watch us.” I answered grinning as I remember Mom trying to skate. It was a disaster. “those were happy days.”

“You can still have happy days you know.” Kai said.

“Of course. Today is one.” I answered grinning.

“I completely agree.” Kai said. “But can we stop now? Skating I mean.”

“Tired?”

“No just afraid to fall.”

“Alright lets go.” I said pulling him to the exit.

We returned the skates and retrieve our bags.

“I want a real lunch now.” I said as we pass by a restaurant. “Hey look KFC.”

“Want to eat there?” Kai asked.

“Sure. I’m craving for good old greasy fried food.”I answered tugging him inside.

We went to the arcade next just looking for something to do. We were passing a shooting booth when Kai suddenly laughed.

“What’s so funny?” I ask him.

“I remember Soo Yun bugging me to get her that but I can never get 5 perfect shots.” Kai answered pointing to a huge pink unicorn. “She saw Minny’s from the fair and had been bugging me ever since.”

“We can get that if you want.” I said.

“But it really hard to shoot the guns. It’s like they’re the real thing.”

“Excatly. Which I know how to use. Come on. Let’s get Soo Yun her Christmas present.” I said pulling him towards the booth. “One game please.”

The man handed the toy  gun to Kai who handed it to me. It look like an assault rifle, seriously they should not be promoting this kinds of things. It only gives kids the wrong idea.

“how many shots do I need to get that unicorn?” I ask the man.

“Five bulls-eye in a row.” He answered.

“Okay.” I said loading the toy gun.

“Good luck with that. You get one test shot.” He said.

“Thanks!” I said grinning.

Most people position themselves near the target as possible but I back out a few spaces. Since this is a toy gun it won’t have that much power like the real thing. I place the rifle on my shoulder and fired the test shot. Bulls eye.

“Can that count as one?” I ask the man who was staring at me open mouthed. He shook his head. “Fine.” I said loading the toy gun again.

“The real game starts now miss.” He said.

“I know.” I answered smiling at Kai who was rolling his eyes.

I place the rifle back to my shoulder and fired the five shots. They went right into the red circle. There was applause. I look up surprised. A crowd had gathered around us.

“That was one amazing shooting. Do you do shooting professionally?” The man asked.

“Nope but my brothers does so he teaches me from time to time.” I answered handing him back the toy gun. “Can I have the unicorn?” I ask pointing to the stuff toy.

“Well you deserve it.” The man said grinning and handed me the big fluffy unicorn. It was even bigger then what Minny has.

“thank you!” I said bowing.

“congratulations. You’re the first one who ever got the unicorn.” A man said beside me. well he was more of a boy then a man but he was older than me or Kai.

“thank you.” I said again.

“I’m Henry.” He said holding out his hand. I was about to shake it when Kai appeared beside me.

“Ready to go?” Kai asked. He was glaring at the guy named Henry who raised his brows mockingly at Kai.

“Yeah. Come on.” I said grabbing hold of his hand and tugging him away. I can smell a fight coming if I didn’t get Kai away from the guy.

“Better guard your girlfriend dude. Someone that pretty and cool is bound to attract attention.. someone might just steal her from you.” The guy named Henry called out and a bunch of other dudes dressed like him laughed.

“Come on Kai. Let’s go.” I said pulling him away. He was looking back and glaring at the guys. “Don’t mind them. Come on.”

“Punks.” He muttered putting his hand on my waist and pulling me close.

“They’re just jealous because I won the grand prize.” I said poking him with the unicorn’s horn trying to cheer him up.

“yeah they were definitely jealous.” Kai answered looking at me. Was I suppose to read between the lines because his eyes were saying something else.

“Well at least we got Soo Yun’s present.” I said grinning. “This is one big fluffy unicorn.”

“You can keep that you know.”

“Nah.. I have 17 already that’s more than enough for me.”

“Which of those 17 is your favorite?”

“I won’t tell you because you’ll the others and all of you will just argue over it.”

He laughed and ruffled my hair. I protest and he ruffled it even more.

“Kai stop!” I huffed as I tried taming it back down. “Do you know how hard it is for a girl to fix her hair and you just ruffle it? Stop ruining my efforts to look nice!”

“You look nice even if you have a hay stack on your head.” he said.

“You’re so biased.” I answered but was pleased.

“And you don’t see yourself clearly.” He countered.

“Your sprouting nonsense again oppa. Come on.” I said holding out my hand.

“Where do you want to go next?” he ask as our hands just naturally lace together.

“Why don’t we just roam around?” I suggested smiling.

“Great idea.” He said.

Ooo00ooO

Kai POV

The day moved like a dream as we went around looking at different things at the mall. Florence was like a kid given a new toy.. I wonder if she ever had a chance to be a kid.

“Oppa I think this will look good on you.” She said picking out a long sleeved white sweater and putting it in front of me like trying to see if it will fit.

“That does look nice.” I agreed.

“And it’s on sale.” She said taking it to the counter.

“Flo stop! You don’t need to but that!” I protested but it was already paid and was in a plastic bag. “You spoil me too much.”

“I like spoiling you.” She said handing me the bag. “Merry Christmas.” She adds.

“Is this my present?” I ask taking the bag.

“It’s a present but not your Christmas present. As you can remember it’s already sitting under the tree at my house.” She said grinning.

“You know I might just abuse your generosity.”

“Really? What do you like?”

“A helicopter?”

“Hmmm..  Dad knows a manufacturer who owes him a favor.” She said in her typical I’m-thinking pose. Arms folded and one hand supporting her chin. She looked adorable.

“I was joking you know.” I said pulling her close as a crowd of guys passed beside her. I did not fail to notice the interested glances they throw at her.

I couldn’t blame them. Flo looked especially nice today. She was wearing a dress instead of her usual jeans and shirt. I remember her saying she tried to look nice today.. I hope it was because she was with me that’s why she wanted to look nice.

“Jokes are half meant.” She said poking my cheek totally oblivious to the guys attention.

“You can give me one on my 25th birthday.” I said grinning.

“I will hold on to that Jong-in.” She answered seriously.

Oh what will I do with this girl who likes to give me so much but won’t give me the single thing I want from her?

“I will look forward to it.” I answered grabbing her hand.

My fingers glide across her palm and lock in place at the spaces between her fingers. Ever since this morning when we were mistaken as a couple I had taken every opportunity just to hold her hand. I had first held her hand at the fair and she didn’t complain so I took advantage and just went with it.

Her hand in mine looks like the most right thing in the whole universe.. and that sounded corny but it was true. I felt like I belonged by her side and she belongs with me. It keeps me up at night thinking what the heck is hindering the two of us. What’s that big block between us.

I try to weigh how much attention she puts on all of us and I think I have the most attention from her but Kris is a close second. I don’t know what’s between those two but they are so comfortable with each other. Florence is actually more at ease with Kris then with me. That frustrates me to no end. Especially when Kris kissed her. I just like wanted to jump across the table and punch him.

“Why are you frowning?” She asked poking the crease between my brows.

“I was thinking of what color my helicopter will be.” I answered as heat floods my face. Every time she touches me a strange flow of electricity goes to that part.

“Pink!” She said and laughed.

“No.” I said shaking my head at the image.

“Ehh.. it will be nice.” She teased.

“Silly Florence.” I said resisting the urge to kiss her. She is making it difficult when she bites her lip trying to suppress her laughter.

“What time should you go home? It’s near 6 already.” She said looking at her watch.

I didn’t want to go home. I didn’t want to leave her alone on such a happy night. I can’t imagine eating dinner with my family while she is all alone at her big house. If only I can take her with me.. wait I can take her with me.

“I should go home now.” I said and I see a flicker of sadness pass her blue eyes before it disappeared.

“Okay.” She said smiling and starts to let go of my hand.

No. I didn’t want to let it go.

“Do you want to come with me?” I ask her.

“What no. that’s a family dinner.” She said shaking her head.

“Nonsense. Soo Yun brought Gale along last year so I can also bring a guest along.” I answered. My idea seemed better as I went through it in my head.

“but-“

“Do you have plans?” I ask knowing full well she didn’t have any.

“No..”

“Then that settles everything. I don’t like thinking that while I’m eating Christmas eve dinner your all alone.” 

“I’ll be fine.”

“No you’ll be sad. Now stop objecting.” I said and pulled out my phone. “Hello Mom? I’m bringing a friend alone. Yes. No. Okay. See you later.”

“My mother is excited to met you.” I said grinning.

“Ehh.. we should buy something to bring to them.”

“You don’t need to.”

“Do they like cake?”

“Flo!”

“Humor me. I can’t arrive there empty handed.”

“Fine let’s go buy a cake.”

+++

Flo looked adorable when she’s nervous. She fiddles with her dress and her hair. I don’t understand why she was nervous. She had met Minny, Sehun, Tao, Suho and Chen’s parents and they all like her. Who wouldn’t like her. She was the mature, responsible, smart friend any parent dreams their child will have.

“Welcome to my home. It’s a bit small compared to yours-“ I said but she interrupted me.

“It looks nice Kai.” She said smiling wistfully at our decorated house. She takes a deep breath and smoothens her dress. “I’m nervous.”

“Why?” I asked confused.

“What if they don’t like me?” She asked softly.

I seriously want to kiss her right there and now. I sighed and pulled her into my arms. She was already shivering a bit. She gets cold so easily.

“You’ll be fine.” I said tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. The blush on her face making her even more tempting. “My parents don’t bite and so does my older sisters. My baby sister is already crazy about you so stop it. you’ll be fine.”

She nods and I stop myself from leaning down and kissing her. I settled my urges by kissing her lavender jasmine scented hair. A nervous like sound escapes from her.

“You’re not making this easier.” She murmurs.

What did that mean? I let it go. I can think about it later. She was getting colder.

“Come one let’s go inside and warm you up.” I said opening the gate and pulling her inside the house.

“I’m home!” I called out. I instantly heard a commotion from the living room and Soo Yun appears at the hall way followed by my two pet dogs.

“Who did you bring along?” She asked and saw Flo behind me. Her reaction was what I had predicted in my mind.”Eonni!!”

“Hi Soo Yun.” Flo said waving her hand.

“Eonni your actually here!! Eonni!” Soo yun said running to her and tackling her with a hug. Good thing Flo was prepared for that.

“How come she gets a hug and I don’t?” I said pinching my sister’s cheek. She swats my hand away and hug Florence even tighter. “Here Flo won this at the arcade for you.” I said her handing the pink unicorn.

“ohhhh.. Thank you Eonni!” Soo Yun said taking the unicorn from me but not letting of Florence.

“You’re welcome. I’m glad you like it.” Florence said grinning at her and bent down to pat the dogs at her feet. “they look so adorable.”

“They’re Kai-Oppa’s. Moggu and Kurong.” Soo Yun said.

“They are just so cute.” Flo said. “Hello Moggu. Hello Kurong.”

“Kids bring your guest in here. It’s quite cold outside.” My dad’s voice said from the living room.

“Coming dad!” Soo Yun said and drag Florence with her after Flo had taken off her boots. She shots me a panicked look but I let Soo yun drag her and smiled at her reassuringly.

The two of them enter the living room while I followed close behind them the two dogs yapping at my feet.

“Guys meet Eonni.” Soo Yun said.

“Good evening.” Florence said and bowed formally. I see her looking at my family.

“Good evening too.” My Mom answered smiling at her. My sisters also greeted her and Dad nod and smiled at her.

“thank you for having me.” Flo said smiling too.

I see my Mom’s eyes widen as she looks at Florence. I had the reaction too when I first saw Florence eyes without her glasses.

“It’s always a pleasure to meet Jong-in’s friends especially the ones that make Soo Yun excited.” My Mom said. I walk to her and kissed her cheek fondly. “What is that dear?” she asked pointing to the cake box I was holding.

“Is that a cake from the bakery at the mall?” Soo Yun demanded.

“Yes. Flo brought it.” I answered.

“Oh dear you shouldn’t have.” My mom said to Flo.

“It’s the least I can do. I did drop unannounced.” She said.

“I thought Oppa dragged you here.” Soo Yun said eyeing me mischievously.

 “More or less.. I didn’t want to intrude on a family dinner.” She said.

“Nonsense Eonni. Gale is coming too so good thing you came.” Soo Yun said.  she winks at me while I roll my eyes at her. I went to my two older sister and kissed them on the cheek. I gave dad a hug.

“I’m sorry Soo Yun distracted me. What’s your name dear?” My mother asked.

“Her name’s Florence. She’s the one Oppa and his other friends were talking about mom. The new transferee.” Soo Yun said.

“Ahh so you’re the Florence. I finally met the one who straighten up my Jong-in and his friends.” Mom said smiling fondly at Florence. Florence raised her brows at me. She was asking why does my mother know her name. I just smile at her. she didn’t know how the boys and I often talk about her to our parents.

“I did?” She asked a bit confused looking back at my mother.

“Oh my dear I owe you a big favor. You manage to make Jong-in get his grades up and even make him participate in the school fair. Thank you.” My mother said.

“Your son is a very talented boy he just needs some direction.. all of them need some direction. I think I just bossed them around a bit and their talents just came out.” Flo said grinning.

“I completely agree. Now why don’t we sit down? Have you eaten already because we eat at 12.” Mom said pulling Flo with her to sit on the sofa.

“I’m stuffed. The expo had so many free samples I was in heaven.” Flo answered.

“oh I see Jong-in took you to the expo. Did you have fun?” Soo Yun asked.

“Yes I did. It was fun.” Flo answered.

“Wait dear won’t your parents be looking for you?” My mother asked.

I saw sadness dance again in Flo’s eyes before it disappeared.

“Her parents are not here.” I said before she can speak. “She’s alone for Christmas.” I add.

Flo shots me a look saying to keep quiet. I have learned that Flo doesn’t like people to worry about her and pity her.

“Oh my. Good thing you brought her along Jong-in.” My mom said to me.

“What do you parents do?” My dad asked her.

“They own a business that requires them to travel a lot. My brother works for them so he also travels. We don’t get to see each other that much.” Flo answered her cover story.

“that’s so sad.” Soo Yun said.

“It is sometimes but that’s what’s needed.” Florence answered smiling.

“Why didn’t you join them this Christmas.”

“They are a bit busy this season so they said I should just stay and celebrate the holidays here.”Florence said. “It’s my first time experiencing Christmas in Korea so it was nice. I miss having a white Christmas.”

“Oppa did mention you moved around a lot.” Soo Yun said. “where have you been to Eonni?”

“The states and Europe. Most of my childhood was spent in London.” Florence answered.

“Ohhh you don’t have the British accent.” Mother said.

“Korean sounds strange if I talk with a british accent.” Florence explained. “it sounds better in english.”

“I agree.” Mother said.

“Ohh you used your accent during the fair at your show piece. She sounded so cool mom.” Soo Yun said.

“Thank you Soo Yun.” Florence said laughing.

My two sisters were listening to the conversation while leafing through magazines. Suddenly Eun Bi the oldest sat up straight and gaped at Flo. Her eyes going back and front at the magazine and Flo. I frown Flo can’t have a picture in the magazine.

“Your dress..” Eun Bi said to Flo.

“Oh what about it?” Flo asked looking at her dress.

“It’s the same on this model is wearing.” Eun Bi said showing the magazine to her. Hiyori the second eldest also looked at it and looked impressed.

“Cool..” Florence said also looking at the magazine.

“This is the latest trend. I can’t believe I would see it in flesh.”  Eun Bi said. “Where did you buy it?”

“My mom must have picked it up at Paris. She shops for most of my clothes.” Flo answered.

“the latest Channel.” Hiyori said. “Can I touch it?”

“go ahead.” Florence said.

My two sister crowd around her fawning at her dress. I don’t get it. it’s just a dress.

“What about your jacket?” Eun Bi asked.

“I think it’s Prada.” Flo answered taking off her leather jacket and handing it to Hiyori who squealed. It has been a while since I have seen my two elder sister excited.

I exchanged glances with my dad who was watching the whole scene with amusement dancing in his eyes. Girls and clothes will be something the two of us will never get.

I think it’s safe to leave her alone with them for a bit.

“I’ll just put these in my room.” I said to them.

My family shooed me away while Flo smiled at me. I can see she was enjoying herself.

‘Thank you.’ She mouthed to me silently.

I smile at her and left the room.

____++++_____+++_____++++_____Ohhh.. Flo met Kai's parents.. ehhem ehhhemm..

seriously these two are too dense or two cowardy for their own good. hahaha..
Holding hands and such,..  blah. hahahha

That's all for now..

Vote and Comment!!:)

Christmas day (one of my fave songs from EXO) on the side and it's live..!!
Kai on the side.. just imagine the sweater his wearing to be blue rather then green because I think i can't sort through all his photos in the internet before having a mini heart attack. hahaha.

Bye bye!!
See you friday!!..^^

Heart heart!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 1.7K 8
Baekhyun has a grudge. Yoojin has a secret. He wants revenge. She needs help. ---------------------------------- Byun Baekhyun loved her more than an...
20.4K 801 11
[SEBAEK 💗 COMPLETED] 29,822 words Baekhyun knew it was only a matter of days before he went into heat again. This time however, not wanting to deal...
932K 48K 49
"What are you doing here? Do I know you?", Jungkook rose a brow, sassing on his mate. Taehyung immediately hover above him, hands appreciating his c...
2.2K 102 11
A fan and an idol dating? Well, who wouldn't like that..right? Not for me. I was never a fan. I know him since we were young Or rather we know each o...