The Nerd

By danielleward136

Hayden Smith is just a girl who wants good grades and keeps herself to herself whilst all the rest of the sch... More

Long Awaited Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 13

58.4K 1K 56
By danielleward136

Hi Guys...

I've been thinking for a long time on an actress that can kind of give you guys an idea of what Miss Brown would possibly look like besides the description of her. Hopefully this is good enough ->

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sat in my first lesson thinking about last night and how Jake had reacted. When I got home my mum asked me how the evening had gone and who the other people were. I answered her questions and then went straight bed. The morning had passed by in a blur and now I was wondering how I’d even got to my seat in English listening to Mr Greenwick drone on and on. I kept seeing Amber turning round and glaring at me. Does she not know that I’m already frustrated. I actually shocked myself when I felt myself start to glare back at her. It’s not my day at all today: I’m still frustrated from last night seeing as Jake thinks he can tell me what to do and I also had this feeling that there was something else that he wasn’t telling me. I don’t understand though why I feel this way I always felt safe around Jake since the second I met him and no doubt I still do but now... it feels like... I can’t describe it... feels like... he’s hiding something from me that’s important and somehow dangerous... but it couldn’t be Jake wasn’t dangerous, yes he illegally races but he wasn’t a dangerous guy... was he? I shook my head to bring me back to reality and so then I could pack up and not be late for 2nd lesson with Jake commonly known as Mr Peterson from now on.

I started to walk towards his room until I heard someone shout my name. I turned around to see Rebekah pushing her way through people walking down the corridor.

“Hey” she said smiling at me. “I shouted you in English but you didn’t hear me.”

“Sorry I’m in my own world lately” I smiled at her as we started to walk towards maths.

“It’s ok... anyway are you going to the meeting today?”

“Ye... but I’m not staying in all lunch I’ll just be there for the meeting and then I’ll go in the library. You can come if you want?”

“Urm... ye ok” she said with a hint of confusion in her voice. We walked through the door of the classroom and I felt someone’s eyes on the back of me. I ignored them and carried on walking to the back corner of the classroom with Rebekah. We both sat down and waited for the lesson to start. Throughout the whole lesson I either looked at my work on the table or out the window just so then I didn’t have to look anywhere near him. I managed to cope for an hour in the same room as him but the urge to rip his head off was rising slowly inside of me. It didn’t make it any better that I could feel him looking at me now and again during class. I don’t know how I’m going to handle 3rd lesson and lunch with him. The bell for break rung causing me to jump out of my seat and nearly sprint for the door so then I didn’t have to be in here anymore. As I walked down the corridor slowly I felt like I was floating through the air but instead I was actually falling on to the floor. I turned around to see Amber and her posse walking off laughing... THAT’S IT. I stood up whilst everyone was laughing and pointing at me thinking I’d run off like usual but today was different. She messed with me on the wrong day.

“AMBER” I shouted. I felt Rebekah at the side of me freeze because she wasn’t sure what I was up to. Amber slowly turned around to look at me with a curious and amused look on her face.

“Me” she said pointing to herself whilst looking around at her posse.

“Well ye you’re the only slut around here that I knows called Amber” I hissed at her. She started to walk towards me whilst Jackson and her posse stayed back so then they could watch as well as everyone else who started to slowly form a circle in the hallway so then they could watch. I stood my ground whilst she carried on walking towards me until she was literally in my face.

“At least I’m not a little virgin like you and I have experience with guys unlike you” she shouted so everyone could hear her. All the people in the hallways started to laugh at what she’d said.

“At least I don’t open my legs for everyone including people other than my boyfriend” I said to her. She looked around quickly to make sure people didn’t hear what I said.

“Oh ye and what makes you think that virgin?” she asked as if she was trying to deny it. As she was stood so close to me I could see worry in her eyes as if I would shout off the rooftops that she was sleeping with Ben as well as dating Jackson.

“Just next time... make sure the classroom is empty before you start talking about your personal life.” I said whilst holding my phone up. I pressed play on the recorder and when she realised what it was she dived towards me and grabbed hold of my phone. She stood over me and went to grab my hair until I heard someone’s voice interrupt.

“What’s going on here?” I heard a deep voice ask.

Amber turned around which meant I could see the owner of the voice... Mr Peterson. I took advantage of her having her back turned to me and stood up off of the floor.

“Oh nothing sir... just Hayden thinking she’s a big girl now” she said smiling sweetly whilst ruffling my hair. The moment she touched my hair I slapped her hand away from me. As I did that she turned around and actually went to slap me and as I was already angry I prepared myself to hit her back straight after her slap. But I didn’t feel her hand connect with my cheek instead I felt someone grab hold of my arms to stop me from retaliating. I looked up and saw Jackson holding Amber who looked furious.

“She’s not worth it Amber” he hissed at her.

“I’ll get that bitch” she shouted.

Mr Peterson, who was holding me at the moment as I was trying to free myself from his grip, held his hand out for my phone which was still in Amber’s hand.“Amber, headteacher’s office NOW” Mr Peterson shouted at her. “You come on” he said dragging me into his room. I walked in whilst he closed the door. “What were you thinking?” I shrugged my shoulders at him whilst looking round the room to try and avoid his gaze. “Hayden this isn’t like you” he said shocked.

“Oh ye and why do you care?”I asked angrily. As I said that the bell rang for 3rd lesson so instead of walking out I turned around and started walking towards my seat. As I sat down I saw the rest of the class enter the room and saw Rebekah rush over to the corner where we were sat with a confused and angry expression on her face.

“Can I just ask... have you lost your freaking mind?” she asked me, shouting in a whisper. “What were you thinking?”

“I don’t know ok... I’ve just had enough for today that’s all” I shouted back at her. I picked up my pen and furiously carried on with my work from before. I made sure to drag it out so then it lasted me all lesson. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw I had about 2 minutes left and I had just finished my work. I started to pack my workbook up and everything else on my desk. The bell started to ring for lunch so I made my way to the front of the room with Rebekah whilst we waited for the other two guys to arrive. I sat on top of one of the desks and pulled my iPod out of my bag and started to listen to it. I had it on a volume so then I could hear my music but also hear what was happening in my surroundings.

“Sir what is this meeting about?” Rebekah asked.

“Well it’s about the test that you have to do for the challenge but I’ll tell you more when Simon and Matt are here” he said whilst shuffling papers on his desk. You could have literally cut the tension with a knife. Who were Simon and Matt? That’s when the two guys, I remember from being here at the first meeting, walked through the door.

“Hey sir” they both said. When Mr Peterson looked up and noticed that the guys were here for the meeting he moved from behind his desk.

“Hey guys... I was just calling this meeting to tell you that the test will be next Monday at lunch and to just tell you good luck for it if I don’t see you before the test.” He said. “It’s up to you if you want to stay in here or not.”

“It’s ok sir thanks for telling us but we’re going and getting our lunch” one of the boys said whilst they both turned and started to walk out the door. Mr Peterson waited until they were out of the door and then looked at us with his eyebrows up waiting for our answer.

“Urm...” Rebekah started.

I sighed “we’re going to the library” I told him and climbed off the table whilst Rebekah nodded at him and started to walk out the door with me until...

“Miss Smith... a word” I sighed and turned back around. I walked over to his desk to see what he wanted.

“What’s with the attitude?” he asked.

I shrugged “I don’t know what you mean. Unless it’s the fact that people think they can tell me what to do as if they control me like a little puppet.”

He sighed and rubbed his forehead from frustration. “I said it for your own safety... I was looking out for you... protecting you” I shook my head laughing.

“Ye well you were never a proper friend then were you else you would have known that I hate people who answer for me and say that I can’t do one thing or I can do something.”

“Ye well if I weren’t one of your friends I’d have let you go to the garage.”

“Do you know what... it doesn’t even matter because I knew once I’d get a friend something bad would happen... but hey we survived a month of friendship. It’s such a big accomplishment for me” I said sarcastically.

“Ye well it’ll be easier like this how it should have been originally” he said coldly.

“Good... I totally agree” I said and turned and walked out of the room before he could see that what he’d just said had just crushed me inside. It felt like someone has pushed a huge rock onto my chest and I can’t escape it. I walked into the library and went straight to my spot where Rebekah was sat waiting. I blinked my eyes a couple of times because no matter what I wasn’t going to cry over something so pathetic.

“Hey is everything ok?” she asked, looking up from her Geography book, concerned.

I nodded at her “Fine” I said and pulled my English literature book out and lost myself in the world of William Shakespeare.

Jake’s POV

When she walked out of the room I let the breath, which I’d been holding, out. I had to do it... it was the right thing to do but why did it feel so wrong? I sat down on my chair behind my desk and put my head in my hands and rested my elbows on the table. I needed to clear my head.

It was the right thing... now Travis won’t touch her or anything because he’ll have never heard of her so you’re ok. Don’t worry about it.

Ye but when I said that I could see deep in her eyes that I’d just crushed her and I hated it knowing that I was the cause of that pain. Urg... what do I do?

“Jake” I looked at the doorway and saw Amelia stood there. Great she’s constantly asking me to go round her house ‘so then we can talk about the maths challenge’ or ‘to help me grade papers’ even though she knows nothing about maths, but it’s a shame I’m always busy them nights. What a coincidence.

“Amelia” I said whilst she walked towards my desk, swaying her hips. She was trying way too hard. Did she not know that it makes her look desperate when she walks like that. I mentally rolled my eyes when she sat on the edge of my desk.

“So have you considered the thought of coming round to my house to... talk” she said whilst leaning closer to me and moving my tie that was around my neck. I stood up quickly causing her to nearly fall of the desk. I walked around the desk so then I was further away from her.

“Seriously Amelia you’re really nice but I’m not interested” I said to her. She laughed and stood up and walked towards me until she was stood right in front of me.

“Then let me make you interested” she whispered trying to sound seductive but it just didn’t work for her.

“I don’t believe in mixing work with pleasure” I said whilst gulping she was making me incredibly scared of her. She started to trail her finger down my chest whilst I moved back a little bit only for her to step forward and follow me.

“Jake” I looked in the doorway and saw Jeff or as the students know him as Mr Low or for me my boss seeing as he’s head of maths. He’s only in his late 20’s and has recently just proposed to his girlfriend. He’s a nice guy but when he has to discipline his students he would completely switch from the nice guy personality. But thank the lord that he has just stepped into my classroom if he only knew how much I appreciated his move right now. I heard her sigh and step back whilst brushing her clothes.

“See ya later Jake” she smiled and as she walked out she glared at Jeff but then turned and winked at me which made me shudder inside.

He looked at me with his eyebrows nearly a part of his hairline. “Was I interrupting?” he asked smiling.

“Trust me... god no” I said to him whilst walking back to my desk. He laughed and walked over to sit on one of the desks at the front row.

“I’ve heard little Amelia gets around quite a bit... it must be your turn this month” he said smiling.

“Ye tell me about it” I said to him which caused him to start laughing.

“Anyway I’ve just come by to ask about the maths challenge and how the students are feeling at the moment.”

“They’re fine and all of them have had a good look at past questions and I told them today about the test and they all seem to be prepared” I said.

“Ye well hopefully this year we win... I’m glad Hayden Smith’s on the team though. She’s a very bright girl just really quite but she’s always polite though.”

“I think we have a good chance with her on the team the only problem is I feel like I’ve not got enough work for her.”

“Well if you want I have a class the same time as you normally and that’s a kind of advanced maths class, you know like preparing them for AS level maths, if you feel like she’ll do better there.”

Wait... Hayden not in my class anymore?

“I’ll ask her.”

“Oh... ok” he looked at his watch. “Anyway I best be off I have a meeting with one of the boards.”

“Ok” I tried my best to smile at him and hide the bit of pain I felt at the moment.

I watched him walk out of the room and turned my chair so then I could get my next classes register up on the computer. However, I was kind of distracted. Hayden not being in my class anymore because no doubt she would move to his class so then she wasn’t in the same room as me. I thought about the other alternative which would be to not tell her but I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t be selfish and hold her back from her work, her grades are the most important thing to her. I just don’t know how I’m going to tell her now. Could my life get any more complicated?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww... is any of you feeling slightly sorry for Jake?

Hope you enjoyed and even though I've heard nothing about the marathon I'm just going to go along with posting a chapter each day up until I start back college. I know it might be a bit too much but when I start back all of my exams and revision starts then and I don't know when I'll be able to post so this marathon's a kind of really advanced uploading. Hope you guys are ok with that. :)

Please Post,

Comment, 

Fan and

Add to your library 

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 9.9K 34
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
1.6M 107K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. πŸ”₯** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
402K 23.6K 46
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐎𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 β˜†|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
3.1M 131K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...