Beautiful War {Peaky Blinders}

By xoxo-anonymous

"She is kind, heart made of honey. He is reserved, the opposite of sunny. No one would ever think they would... More

00. #1
00. #2
01.
02.
03.
04
05.
06.
07
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
37.
38.
39.

29.

6.2K 146 2
By xoxo-anonymous

╔═══════════╗

'𝙃𝙀 𝙄𝙎 𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

It had been weeks since Victoria had been taken and slowly she had been recovering from the injuries she had sustained.

She slowly climbed herself out of bed and got herself dressed in some of the new clothes Tommy had bought her. Polly suggested having some new clothes to go out in would hopefully bring Victoria back. He tried everything to try and help her.

After spending so long cooped up in bed, she had decided it was time to get back living her life, one day at a time.

The routine of getting hurt and spending so long in bed was getting all too familiar to Victoria.

Timothy had grown an even greater bond with his father, more than she ever hoped he would have. Tommy had also shown his responsibilities and cared for them both while handling his business also.

Victoria ran her lipstick across her lips and smiled as she looked at her reflection.

"Today will be okay, you will be okay and your loved ones will be okay." She whispered to herself before walking to the door.

Clearing her throat, she stepped out and began walking downstairs.

"Tommy?" Victoria called out reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"In here." A voice responded.

She followed where the voice came from and smiled upon entering Tommy's office.

Tommy sat at his desk, papers spread around. Timothy sat on a blanket on the floor shaking a rattle.

"Your doctor is coming over later to do his last check up." Tommy nodded as he glanced up at her.

After she was taken Victoria had sustained so many injuries, at one point they were told to prepare for her funeral. But Tommy knew his lady, she wasn't about to give in.

Victoria sat down on a chair across from his desk, "I told you. I feel fine, there is no need to waste his time."

He raised his eyebrow and glanced across at her, "you know how bad it was, so he's going to come round and check you over one last time okay."

She let out a sigh of defeat, there was no way she would ever win in that arguement.

Tommy smiled as he ran his fingers through his hair, "I'm going to take Timothy to see the horses. Care to join us?"

"It would love to, but Finn and I have a reading lesson this afternoon." She asked raising an eyebrow

"Ofcourse. How is he getting on?" Tommy asked as he glanced down at Timothy before looking back up at her.

Victoria smiled and looked up at him, "in the lesson we had last week he was coming on wonderfully. You should all be very proud of your brother."

"Finn always struggled with reading, never had the chance to learn properly so we're all glad you could help him." He nodded as he picked up his pen ready to sign some papers.

His fingers went to his temple as he rubbed softly, the smoke from a previously snubbed out cigarette blowing around him.

"Is everything okay? Anything I can help with?" Victoria asked walking around the back of his desk to stand close to him.

"Just lots of legal paper work to fill out. Nothing serious. I have a suprise for you and our little family tomorrow." Tommy chuckled as he slipped a piece of paper into his pocket.

This was one of those times she noticed his soul crushing smile. It wasn't often that anyone saw this smile, but when she did it took her breath away every single time.

Before she had a chance to ask about it, a knock at the door took the attention from both of them.

Tommy stood up and walked to the door. On the way to the door he picked up his cap. He could never be too careful, espicially after what happened.

He opened the door and frowned slightly as he came face to face with the american man that thought he had a chance.

"I respect your relationship with Lady Victoria, however before I leave for the states I would like to have a word with her. My intentions are completely innocent." Edward states as he held his hand out, keeping eye contact with the lucky brummie man.

Tommy reached out and shook his hand for a brief second before stepping aside and opening the door wider. "He is here, darling." He called out.

Victoria came into view with Timothy in her arms just as Edward stepped through the door.

"I just came here to talk to you Victoria. We both know that we were good friends before anything happened." Edward explained, holding his hands up in defence.

She looked back at Tommy, gaining a nod of acceptance. "I suppose you better come in."

They both walked into the dining room and took a seat at the table opposite from one another.

Tommy wandered into his office, allowing them their space.

"Are you happy Victoria, now when I say this, I mean are you deep down happy?" Edward asked as he watched her.

She glanced down at Timothy and nodded before looking back up at him.

"Once upon a time I was so numb with pain that I wasn't able to feel happiness, I wasn't able to even get out of bed because the pain left me exhausted from the moment I woke up. But now, I'm happier than I ever could imagine, this feeling is undescribeable." Victoria nodded with a reassuring smile.

"Small Heath may not be where I spend the rest of my life, but I'm pretty certain that these are the people I will spend my life with." She continued as she made eye contact with him.

Edward listened to her words before clearing his throat, "do you.. do you love Thomas?"

"More than anything." She whispered glancing down at Timothy as he stayed quiet in her arms.

"The day I was raped still haunts me, sometimes I can go a few hours without remembering it and it's like it never happened. But then something small reminds me of the day my purity and innocence was taken." Victoria spoke softly, a deep frown setting across her face. "On those days when my heart is breaking and the pain is unbearable, Thomas wraps his arms around me and helps me through that pain. I've spent my life longing after the boy I once loved and now I have him I don't want to continue my life without him."

"Since that day I first saw you, the day I saw your true smile and the sound of your laughter, it made me realise that there shouldn't ever be a day people aren't lucky enough to see your smile or hear your laughter. All I wanted for you and little Timothy was for you both to be happy. I can see the way you and Thomas look at one another." Edward smiled standing from his seat, "it's a love people could only dream of."

"Well thankyou for coming," She smiled standing up."It's been great to see you and I know you'll find a lady worthy of your time."

"Ofcourse. If you or your little family ever come back to America be sure to pop by." Edward nodded before pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.

His lips lingered against her soft skin for a moment before he stepped back.

Victoria held onto her precious son and followed Edward back to the front door.

"And if you ever come back to England be sure to pop in." She chuckled opening the front door for him.

Before he could step out the door, a voice caught their attention.

"Edward." Thomas called out as he walked out from his office.

They both looked back at Tommy, waiting to hear what he had to say next to them.

"I would like to share my gratitude for looking out for my family while they were out of my reach." He nodded as he pulled a small brown envelope from his pocket. "Please accept this as a token of my apperciation."

Edward hestitated for a moment before taking the envelope, slipping it into his inside pocket.

Tommy pulled Edward into a hug, which for Victoria, was unusual to see.

"If I hear of anything other than you treating her like the Queen then I will make sure to come back and pay a little visit." Edward whispered for Tommy's ears only. "I may look like a posh man that does all goodness, but have it known that I've killed before, could quite easily do it again."

Tommy pulled himself away from him and nodded, "have a safe journey back. You're more than welcome back here anytime."

Edward glanced at them both before stepping out of the house and began walking off into town.

As they watched him walk off, a smart black car came slowly into their driveway. There was only one man in Small Heath that owned that car, making the list of who it could be shorter.

When the car came to a stop, a short built man stepped out of his car with a black briefcase in his hand.

"Ahh. Mr Shelby, Miss Owens. I'm glad I could catch you both." Called the short man with a smile.

"Dr Cavanagh, good to see you again." Tommy nodded in response as he took Timothy from his mothers' arms.

"A patient cancelled which meant I had a spare slot open. You are my last visit later this evening, my Helena is doing a stew for supper so hoping to finish my rounds sharper." The Dr nodded as he came to stand infront of them.

"Ofcourse, no one can resist a stew. Come into the living room and you can do the check up and hopefully it'll put Tommy's mind at some ease." Victoria chuckled closing the door as he stepped inside.

She walked into the living room and sat herself down on one of the couches, the Dr closed the door behind himself as Tommy carried Timothy into the kitchen.

"So, Victoria how have you been since I last saw you?" He asked setting his briefcase down on the table, opening it to reveal many pieces of equipment.

She cleared her throat and raised an eyebrow, "well I've had a few cramps but nothing out of the ordinary."

"In that case I would like to have a feel of your stomach and you can tell us where your pain is." He nodded as he draped his stephoscope around his neck.

Victoria laid down on the couch and lowered down her skirt a small amount, revealing her stomach.

The Dr kneeled down and began to press on her stomach lightly as he began to think.

"I have to ask Miss Owens, but is there any chance you could be expecting?" He asked as he continued to lightly press on different areas of her stomach.

Victoria's eyes widened as she listened to his question. Now she had come to think of it, her stomach had bloated slightly and her breasts were tender. Some of the symptoms she had while pregnant with Timothy.

"I don't think so but I wouldn't know for certain." She mumbled as she stared up at the ceiling.

"Well we will do a quick listen to your stomach and find out." The doctor smiled as he picked up his stephoscope, pressing the cold metal to her skin.

As she felt the doctor move the metal around her skin listening for any signs, she couldn't help but wander about having another child.

She had always wanted another child, but the couple hadn't ever sat down and talked about it. Would Tommy even want another child? Would they be ready for another child?

Victoria let out a soft breath and shook away any worrying thoughts she may have had.

The Dr cleared his throat and placed his stephoscope back around his neck.

She pulled her skirt back up and slowly sat back up as she looked back to the doctor, waiting for any news.

"Congratulations Miss Owens. You're going to have a second child. By the looks of your stomach and the sound of the heart beat.. I would say you were at least 7-8 weeks."

The weeks matched with the date they were intimate for the first time since she came back, so it was true.

Victoria was pregnant with Tommy's baby, for the second time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 246 53
Just imagines about the iconic Shelby family from Small Heath, Birmingham, England!! You can watch Peaky Blinders on BBC UK and Netflix
415K 13.2K 53
It's the roaring twenties in Birmingham, the Peaky Blinders exist alongside God but they were much, much closer at hand than Him. Mercedes de Silva...
147K 3.8K 31
As kids, they'd been convinced they'd hate each other forever. But when Bryce's life began to fall apart at the seams, Tommy was always trying to pie...
110K 3.1K 17
FOR THE ONE WHO STAYED ─ A peaky blinders fanfiction ━ IN WHICH, Elizabeth Shelby has to come to terms with the fact that sharing a name does not nec...