Downpour | Kim Taehyung

By cityhearts

[COMPLETED] ❝He's been gone for years, but now, he's back - like heavy rain, all so suddenly.❞ ... More

preface
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
epilogue
➴ notes, explanations, etc.
bonus chapter 1
bonus chapter 2
bonus chapter 3

chapter 20

31.9K 2.2K 1K
By cityhearts

❝I was not supposed to update yet, but y'all, #689 in fanfiction, I'm so shook? like how? omg I could only thank you guys by posting another update, ily all so much❞

— ✿ —

"Hold on, I'll just take this call."

"Sure," I mumbled, nodding as I held Aeri, sitting on the clinic table while playing with a Pikachu plushie.

Our monthly check up was scheduled for today, so we were currently at the hospital, in her pediatrician's clinic.

As Aeri kept shoving the plushie to my face, she let out small giggles and bounced up and down on her seat. I had to secure her on both sides just to make sure she wouldn't fall off.

"An accident?" I heard Dr. Seokjin belt out on his phone. This made me whip my head to his direction. Our eyes met and I tilted my head, shooting him an inquisitive look. Continuing to listen, he raised his hand signaling me to wait.

I simply nodded and returned my attention to Aeri. Curious, I listened to his words and tried to piece up the information. Well, it wasn't like I was eavesdropping. Their conversation wasn't of a private matter anyway. If it were, he would have gone out.

Anyway, I didn't really understand much aside from two vehicles coming to a clash, and some people getting dragged into the incident. All the while, I just hoped there weren't casualties as I calmed myself from the rush of cold blood inside me.

"There was some accident near Sinsa Station," said Dr. Seokjin as he neared us after ending the call. "There was a drunk driver of a truck that maneuvered hitting a car at the intersection..."

He complained about alcohol intake too early in the morning and basically chided about drunk driving, but my mind was adrift from the topic already.

Sinsa Station? There was something about it, I just couldn't place a finger exactly what it was.

"Now Dr. Seehun couldn't attend her meeting because she got caught up in traffic and she wouldn't be able to arrive on time so I have to fill in her place," ranted Dr. Seokjin, and my eyes widened.

When it clicked together, a heavy thump lurched on my chest, and I blanked out for a solid second.

Isn't that near Sinsa-dong where Taehyung is supposed to have his meeting today?

"Uhm, can I excuse myself for a moment?" I mumbled, my fingers fidgeting on the hem of my blouse.

"Is there any problem?" Dr. Seokjin questioned.

"I just have to make a phone call."

He understood and maybe even saw the anxiousness within me. With an assuring expression, he nodded at me and I took my phone out as I left his clinic.

Without hesitation, I thumbed on Taehyung's number.

First unanswered call. Second unanswered call. Third, fourth—

My breath only got uneven as every ring passed. Taehyung wasn't picking up. Trying to rationalize my mind, I kept mumbling to myself that he might already be in the meeting.

He's fine. He's fine. He's fine.

At some point, I could no longer process my call, and it revved up my worry.

Maybe he just turned his phone off because my calls had been distracting him. Exactly! I reasoned to myself.

Swallowing the lump on my throat, I pushed the clinic door open and saw Dr. Seokjin and Aeri already having their cheerful conversation. Aeri kept thumping her arms in the air in enthusiasm as Dr. Seokjin talked to her whilst making funny faces.

My shoulders sagged down, tension slowly slipping away. At least for now.

"So..." I cleared my throat. "How's Aeri?"

"She's doing great, as usual," replied Dr. Seokjin, still busy with Aeri. "But I'd like to know if there's anything odd lately."

I frowned, cupping my elbows. "What do you mean with odd?"

"Anything out of the usual," said Dr. Seokjin.

"Is anything wrong with Aeri?" I straight up asked. Never had I been good with slow transitions about important things. I'd rather hear it immediately than beat around the bush. People tend to hide things for a while whenever they do, after all.

"No, nothing really. Just observe her these days. I'll be updating you if ever I find something," he assured.

"I trust you, but you're scaring me," I confessed.

He patted me on the head. "I'm telling the truth, don't worry."

"Okay," I breathed out.

"So, what about your phone call?" asked Dr. Seokjin.

"Oh that..." I twitched my lips upwards. "Taehyung's somewhere in Sinsa-dong, so I tried calling him. He didn't answer, but I'm assuming he's just in a meeting."

Dr. Seokjin looked at me meaningfully. "Your husband's fine, don't worry too much."

"Yeah." I nodded continuously. "I'm sure he is. Anyway," I marveled. "Aeri, say bye to Doctor Jin."

Aeri shaked her arms on both sides and started with her baby talk. I could not interject for a while since she kept saying something for what seemed like a full minute. Dr. Seokjin kept on nodding his head and showing facial reactions as if he understood Aeri. This made me and Dr. Seokjin both laugh when Aeri was finally done with her spiel.

"I'll see you again, Aeri. Take care," Dr. Seokjin bid us farewell, seconds after Aeri had stopped. "And Kyungmin!" he paused. "Make sure you eat your meals! You lost some weight. I'll cook for you next time."

"Thank you, eomma." I innocently smirked. Or was that even possible?

"Yah!" he hissed.

"Just kidding!" I scrunched up my nose, and offered a peace sign.

"Aigoo, this kid," he scolded, playfully hitting my arm like a mother with her children. It only made me laugh and he scowled. "Make sure you go straight home, arasseo?"

"Nae," I replied, waving my hand in the air. "See you again, Dr. Seokjin. Thank you for checking on Aeri."

With a final wave, I closed the door to Dr. Seokjin's clinic. The soft thud on the door was followed by the sound of my ringtone. Instinctively, I fished my phone from my pocket.

Upon seeing Taehyung's name on the screen, I let out a sigh of relief. "Taehyung," I exclaimed cheerfully as I picked up the call.

"Yah, why did you keep on calling?"

Uh, what? As much as I wanted to hear his voice just to make sure he was fine, I wasn't particularly pleased to hear this tone of his that dripped with annoyance.

"You know that I was in an important meeting," he hissed. "What are you now? My wife?"

My brows knitted together, and I huffed to myself. A sarcastic smile formed on my lips, and I let out a dry laugh.

Okay...so maybe I had also anticipated earlier that my calls were becoming a nuisance to his meeting, but come on now!

It was the second time he had pointed this out—the wife card—and I shouldn't be affected anymore but my hypo-freaking-thalamus said otherwise.

Other than that, it irked me because here I was, being concern, but it was taken the wrong way and now, I was the one at fault? How ironic.

"Oh, so that's how it is?" I shot back, turning my gaze to the opposite direction of where Aeri's head laid. "Well sorry for crossing over the line then, but I was just worried because I heard there was an accident near your area and I thought I'd call because I was worried. And when you didn't pick up and suddenly your phone went off—" I took a deep breath in. "—it made me more anxious. I guess I couldn't worry about you? Well you know what? I'll stop worrying about you then!"

And without missing a second, I hung up the call. Then I realized that some people were throwing weird looks along my way—some of them even with caution like I was some dangerous person. I scoffed. Not again. Although I was positive that I appeared a bit more normal than before.

Oh, but on a side note, Taehyung could jump off a cliff for all I care.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.8K 37
Sequel To Black Heart Jimin and Jungkook have been through a lot. Finally reuniting, allowing Jimin to finally see the child he had lost. All was for...
636 17 14
(Book 2) Of "Single Father: A Taekook Story" which follows the life of Min Yoongi and Park Jimin before and 2 years after Yoongi goes to prison, it i...
228K 10K 37
Jin was a 25 year old 1st grade teacher with a big love for kids. He already had two sons already, twins named Jimin and Taehyung who were only two y...
6.9K 323 28
When his father's job causes them to move to a new town, Jungkook couldn't care less. It's not that he has no emotion or is depressed or anything, he...