Hidden Truth

By xxNessa21xx

Lady-Lou was rejected by her mate, Alex at sixteen. Not only that her older brother and sister, seems to enjo... More

Prologue
~ 01 ~
~ 02 ~
~ 03 ~
~ 04 ~
~ 05 ~
~ 06 ~
~ 07 ~
~ 08 ~
~ 09 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ 30 ~
~ 32 ~

~ 31 ~

23K 337 7
By xxNessa21xx

“Shit!” The driver said before stopping our bus.

“What happen?” Arvin asks the driver after jumping from his seat.

“I think the tires exploded.” The driver said before jumping out of the bus in unnatural speed.

I watch as Arvin, Bruce and Joey followed the driver. I think this as my cue and lean forward to Tyler. “Is it just me or we have a vampire driver?”

Tyler chuckles and shakes his head. “He works in Main Hall.”

“Oh.” I said before sitting back down.

Minutes later the driver walks back in the bus and grab his phone. “Hey, it’s me. Listen, I need some spare another spare tire.” He pauses, nodding his head time to time. “I don’t know but two of my tires explode and I only have one spare.” Pause. “We’re three miles away from the Greenwood pack.”

The driver hung up his phone and look at us. “Sorry about this but we have to wait for another two hours before we got this bus moving again. But I need to fix the other tire so can you please wait outside?”

I nod my head along with the others and gathered my stuff. I followed behind Brian while Alex followed behind me.

I couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong that something big would happen but I tried to ignore the feeling.

“Are you alright?” Alex asks gently running his hand on my cheek.

I nod my head and frown before I looking at Brian.

Brian just stood there watching us calmly. Normally when one of them touches me the other one would let out a growl.

What’s going on? I thought as I watch Brian smile at me.

Are you alright? I ask Brian who look at me confuse.

Yeah, why shouldn’t I?

Well for one thing you’re not growling or threatening to snap Alex’s head off. I said in a ‘duh’ voice.

Brian scowls before his expression change into surprise and confusion. I…I feel alright with it.

Did I reject you unconsciously? I ask in panic after all that was the last thing I want to do.

I don’t think. He smiles up to me. I can feel our bond getting stronger.

I smile at him before I wince from a pain on my arm. I look down on my right arm to see Alex squeezing it. I look up at Alex who suddenly standing stiff and shock.

“Are you alright?” I ask.

Alex seems to snap out of it and his hold loosens before he looks at me with confusion. I…I can hear you in my link.

What? Brian suddenly yelled through the mind link making me wince. Sorry. He looks at me sheepishly as he stood next to Alex. But this isn’t possible. He’s not even in our pack yet!

Don’t you think I don’t know that? Alex said angrily. Why do I think I was shock when I suddenly heard you two talking.

That’s when the fitting begin, only this time they’re fighting in the mind link.

“What the hell is going on?” Arvin hiss under his breath as he walk beside me and eyed the both of my mates who was still glaring at each other.

“What do you mean?” I whisper.

“I can hear Brian through the mind link.” Arvin said before looking at Brian. “Everyone can but we know for sure it’s not you or one of the others that his having an argument with.”

I my gaze drift to Bruce who was helping the driver along with Joey while Athena and Josie sat at a near fallen log, watching their mate.

I lean closer to Arvin and whispers as low as I can, “Alex is connected through our mind link.”

Arvin pulls away and looks at me like I was crazy before we both wince from Brian’s shouting in the mind-link. “How?”

“We don’t know.” I said with a shrug. “At first I thought he can connect with everyone’s in our pack but then you said you can only hear Brian.”

Arvin nod before scratching the back of his neck, looking lost. Back then, we use to tease Arvin for knowing everything.

When I was finishing my high school, I heard the other girls call him the ‘hot nerd’ whenever they gush about who’s hot that graduate.

Our old school was like any other school with the stereotype thing going and Brian was one of the cases that says his ‘unique’.

From the stories that I heard, Brian was originally labelled as the ‘hot jock’ along with Arvin, Lee and Leo while Tyler was the ‘player’ – no surprise there – but then he apparently opened his mouth to correct his chemistry teacher about a mistake the teacher made.

That’s when they began questioning to either call him a nerd or not.

I blink a couple of times after hearing a continuously snapping in front of me. “Are you back?” Arvin said, teasingly. His fingers ready for another snap.

I scowl at him as I roll my eyes.

“One day your eyes will be stuck like that.” Arvin said with a smirk.

I stuck my tongue at him and scoff making Arvin laugh and that’s when we notice Brian and Alex wasn’t fighting anymore. Instead they are giving Arvin a deadly glare.

Arvin stops laughing and raise his hand in surrender. “Wow, someone is PMS-ing.” He smirks at the two who look at each before walking away.

We have to talk about this with Nathan once we got back. Arvin said as parting words.

I nod my head and in the corner of my eyes I saw Brian did the same thing. A sigh escape my mouth as I sulk at the top of a big pile of rocks.

“Wanna play, twenty questions?” Alex suddenly asks as he sat down beside me.

I couldn’t help but laugh at him. “Seriously?” Alex nods his head eagerly.

“What are you? Ten?” Brian asks amuse.

“Well at least I thought of something to do for two hours of waiting.” Alex scoff, clearly sulking.

“I’ll play.” I said even though I was thinking it was silly.

“Really?” Alex smile up at me like a little kid who just found out we’re going to Disney. I laugh and nod my head.

“I’ll go first.” Brian suddenly said. “My question is for Alex, I saw a scar on your back. How did you get that?”

Alex looks at Brian proud. “It’s a scar I had when I first fight a hunter and I killed that asshole after trying to kill me by a surprise attack. My turn, my question is for Cherry. How did you feel when you first talk to your first human?”

I giggle at the memory of the time I ran away. “I felt unease and unsure. I didn’t even properly understand what he was saying when I was buying a bus ticket. He has a really strong accent.”

Alex and Brian laugh at that. “I know what you mean.” Both of them said in unison.

“It’s my turn then.” I said, “My question is for Alex. Who do you think will win the alpha title?”

Alex look at Bruce who was still helping the driver fix the tire before looking at Brian then me.

“To be honest,” Alex said quietly. “I like Bruce, he’s been my best friends since I came here but I really don’t think he’s fit to be an alpha for a big pack.”

After Alex confession we all went quiet and look at Bruce.

“I think I agree with you.” Brian said not taking his eyes off Bruce. “He’s really a great guy and quiet easy going but there are times that he seems like he doesn’t know what to do.”

I nod in agreement. “An alpha must know what to do at all time and what he decide for Athena was his biggest mistake.”

Brian and Alex nod but we remain silence not until we heard a twig snap followed by shuffling noise of clothes. We jump in our feet and let out a low threatening growl.

In an instant Arvin, Tyler, Joey, Bruce and the driver were beside us. I sniff the air but only smelt fresh air, damp moist and the smell of a near lake. But there was a hint of peppermint in the air.

“Do you smell that?” I ask.

“Smell what?” Arvin asks as he slowly relaxes his body.

“Peppermint.” I stated remaining in a defence position.

I heard a sniffing sound beside me before Arvin said calmly, “There’s nothing there.”

I frown and slowly relax my body when my ear suddenly picks up a running step. I growl and without warning I run after the sound.

I heard my name being called my but my mind was only set on catching the owner of the sound.

It was clear that the sound didn’t belong to an animal but a person and no animal have a peppermint smell.

I run and run until I burst out of the woods and into a clearing. In the middle of the clearing a boy stood, watching me with curiosity.

He seems calm and collective as his eyes remain in my face.

“Who are you and why were you watching us.” I said through gritted teeth.

The boy was clearly younger than me and he seems to be still thirteen from the sound of his voice as he chuckles. “I’m not the enemy.”

“Then who are you?” I said, annoyed and impatient.

“It doesn’t matter right now but I guess I should tell you now, they’re coming to get you now.”

I open my mouth to ask another question when the boys attention snap towards the woods that we come out of.

“See you later.” The boy said and instantly he shifts into a white wolf with a light brown patch on his ears.

It’s better if you don’t tell them that you met a Hemmings. A new voice said in my head before the boy run back to the woods.

“Cherry!” Alex and Brian said as the burst out of the clearing.

Both of them stop just a metre away from me while I stare at the empty space. “Cherry?” Brian said, unsure.

I took a deep breath and look down. “I’m fine. It was only a fox carrying an old top.” I lied.

“We should head back.” Alex said with a nod but both of them look at me and I knew they know I was lying.

‘They’re coming to get you now’. His words seem to echo in my head again and again.

~*~

This is not the last chapter!

I wrote the original one and I thought, ‘maybe I should just add more rather than merging them together’.

>.<

I hope you like it though!

I’ll upload the next one as soon as I finish typing it. Soo no more waiting. >.<

Not the last chapter!

Nessa xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

599K 17.1K 35
Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and decides to run away. As a rogue she comes u...
158K 2.6K 39
Isn't meeting your mate suppose to be the best thing in the whole world? The spark you get when your hands touch? Where you would do anything for eac...
354K 11.8K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...
90K 1.4K 29
Fleur moves from Europe to the US to live with her aunt and uncle after her parents died. They don't want her and neglect her; she decides to run awa...