MaNan SS: Befikra!

By MawaraEjaz6

Once upon a time there was a BOY! ;) More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Let's Have a Chat!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 A
Chapter 8 B
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 A
Chapter 10 B
Chapter 11
Need A Break
I'll be BACK! :)
Chapter 12 A
Hello! Hi! Bye bye! :D
Chapter 12 B
Chapter 13 A
Chapter 13 B
WANT YOUR FAVOURITE STORY TO WIN?
Chapter 13 C
Small Promo...And Apologies
Chapter 14 A
Chapter 14 B
Promo for Chapter 14C
Chapter 14 C
Chapter 15 A
Chapter 15 B
Chapter 15 C
Angry Much? SORRY! :)
Chapter 15 C (Last)
Hey People! Epilogue is coming.
Befikra-Extended Chapter. A

Chapter 10 C

12K 1.3K 1.1K
By MawaraEjaz6

Here we go with the chapter and once again I am not very much sure about it! But hopefully! It's good! Enjoy the chapter to the fullest with popcorns!

Inlines are my favorite!

Ps: It's a long chapter! *Squeaks in excitement*

Happy Reading!

Chapter 10 C

Manik's POV...

Present Day...

Location- City Hospital Mumbai, India.

Baba Jaani?

My breath was lost as I saw him after so long...after one year.

He was looking weak. He has lost weight. His cheeks were sunken now. His posture was shaky. His hair which used to be perfect jet black dyed all the time was now a mixture of grey and white color. He was not in his suit in which he used to be he was wearing a black kurta with jeans which was crumbled badly.

I stared at him and suddenly I realized that I missed him...

So much...

He was coming towards my bed running almost madly and I was unable to figure out how to react.

I always used to think I will lash out on him whenever next time he will come infront of me but my voice was lost...

Seeing your father so vulnerable...so weak...it wasn't easy.

"Manik!" He whispered my name and sat beside me on the bed huffing his breath.

Finally he is here Manik! Mr. Subconscious sighed and I nodded trying the urge to hug him tightly. So? What we gonna do now? He asked sadly and I shrugged.

I am...I....don't know Mr. Subconscious...I love...him! I was so helpless.

"Tu theek hai?" He asked painfully and I kept quiet.

Don't answer Manik! He needs a reality check! Mr. Subconscious advised nodding its head and I nodded back.

"Sorry meri jaan!" He continued with the same regret and tried to cup my cheek but I flinched away to which he stared at me painfully.

Don't feel bad! Mr. Subconscious was there to motivate me.

"I hit you...on that cheek right?" He asked lowly pointing towards my left cheek and I was again quiet.

Carefully I laid back and adjusted the blanket over me ignoring him completely.

"I know! You are angry! Very angry!" Baba was whimpering and I just stared at the ceiling.

Both of us had nothing to say.

"Tujhy pata hai! Jab tu chota hota tha! Aur mj say aisy he naraz ho jaya karta tha! Main tjhy...nutella sandwich bana kar deta tha aur tjy mana leta tha!" He was whispering very slowly and pain was visible in his voice while my face remained expressionless.

Yeah...like you ever cared...

"I guess am not a chota bacha anymore!" I spoke coldly still not looking at him and he nodded.

"Haan! My big boy!" He whispered a little proudly and run an affectionate had through my hair which almost broke me but I somehow controlled it...

"Yours? Bohat purani baat ho gai hai Mr. Malhotra!" I replied back in a poisonous tone and he gasped.

"Mr. Malhotra?" He repeated with same horror and I finally looked at him.

"Yes! Because as far as I remember! My Baba Jaani has disowned me! So! Ap ka aur mera ab koi rishta nahi! You may leave thank you!" I spoke with a fake smile and he looked so broken.

Very Good Manik! Proud of you! Mr. Subconscious patted my shoulder and I tried to smile at it.

"Manik! I am sorry! I miss you so much! Wapas aa ja! I promise! Tu jo boly ga main wo karoon ga! But just come back home! I beg you! Tu jaan hai meri yaar! Mj say galti ho gai! Maaf kar day na!" He was pleading holding my hand in his death grip and I carefully freed it back.

"Sorry Mr. Malhotra! Ap shaid kise galat room main aa gaye hain! Main ap ki jaan nahi hoon! Na he ap ko meri maafi ki zarorat hai! Because you have your wife! You may leave!" My tone was no different and this time I closed my eyes refusing to look at him any further.

"Please Manik! Trust me! Main bohat guilty hoon! I was searching for you since the night you left the house!" He pleaded more but I was in no mood of talking or listening anything.

Before Baba could continue it any further the door opened to which I opened my eyes to see Nandini coming still fidgeting with her hijab pin and she was not at all attentive towards me or Baba.

"Manik! I talked to your doctor! Tumhy almost aik week under observation rakhain gay! I am thinking that I should go home and bring some good food for you! Tumhy yahan ka khana acha nahi laga na! I have talked to your doctor ghar ka khana—!" She ranted and ranted we both kept quiet.

I was just enjoying her care and Baba was staring at her with loveable eyes...

Her rant came to a halt when she spotted Baba.

"Oh...am sorry! I never knew that Manik will be having a visitor!" She mumbled looking at Baba with confused eyes and then back at me with demanding eyes.

Manik! Here you have a serious explanation to do! Mr. Subconscious snickered and I nodded. I was ready to tell Nandini everything...maybe soon...

"It's okay! I was about to leave!" Baba spoke shaking his head and I closed my eyes once again.

"Ohh! May I know who you are?" Nandini was asking politely now sitting beside me to which I instantly placed my head in her lap to avoid Baba more.

"Am Raj Malhotra! Manik's father!" Baba announced almost proudly and I could hear Nandini gasp while I hugged her waist tightly.

"Oh! Hello Mr. Malhotra! Wasn't expecting you!" She tried to be formal and I kept quiet.

"Me neither! Who are you?" His voice...felt so soothing to my ears.

How much I longed to hear his voice.

Control Manik! Mr. Subconscious whispered in my ears and I clenched my fists digging my face deeper in her embrace.

Nandini's fingers were now running through my hair in an assuring way and I felt at peace.

"I...am Nandini! Nandini Murthy! Manik's...!" She spoke softly and left the sentence incomplete...

Time to claim your girl Manik! Mr. Subconscious exclaimed excitedly and jumped on its chair. But sadly the leg of the chair was weak so it broke down causing Mr. Subconscious to fall back on its butt...

"Girlfriend!" I completed Nandini's sentence out loud and shifted in her lap only to peek at Baba who was looking amused.

While Nandini was looking flushed.

Kitne cute hai yaar!

"Okay! Girlfriend ji! I will see you guys around!" Baba exclaimed and I made a bad face.

He is acting as nothing happened! I pouted at Mr. Subconscious and it nodded with bad face.

But I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"Take care Baba ki jaan! I will be back soon!" He whispered in my ear and soon I felt his lips meet my temple.

It broke me so badly and I felt tears stinging my eyes.

Soon I felt the door of the room getting closed and I opened my eyes only to meet with Nandini's soothing one.

"Wanna talk?" She whispered caressing my hair with a small smile and my chin wobbled before I hugged her waist tightly.

"Agar main no bolon tou tum mj say naraz tou nahi ho gee na?" I whimpered in her lap and she kissed my hair.

"Nahi Manik! I can never be angry with you! I know you have your own reasons! See! You have given me time! You understand me! Tou same goes for you too! I am giving you time! Jab tumhara man kary tab share karna okay?" She spoke lovingly and I looked at her with teary eyes.

"Aww! Achay bachay nahi rotay!" She tried to joke and I let out a chuckle.

"Bacha nahi hoon main!" I spoke sniffing with my nose and she wiped my tears before pulling my cheek.

"Meray liye tou ho!" She exclaimed ruffling to my hair and I tried to show her fake anger my jerking her hand away.

"Don't tell me kay ab girlfriend kay sath sath tum mjy babysit bhi karo ge!" I spoke totally annoyed of her teasing and she giggled.

"Agar zarorat pari tou yes! I will do that too!" She fluttered her eyes at me cutely and I made a face before laughing with her.

The peace...which I was searching since one last year or maybe since Mama died was here...in her lap...

"Tum yahen rehna!" I said lovingly snuggling in her lap and she squeezed my hand.

"I am here! Sleep! Everything will be okay!" She whispered lovingly and I smiled at her before closing my eyes.

I definitely need time to think...

I won't forgive Baba...itne asaani say nahi...

Bohat hisaab chukta karna hai Neyonika ny mera...

__________________________________-

15 Days Later...

"Tu chup chap say wapas lait ja wapas warna I will break your giraffe legs!" Cabir threatened me with a broomstick in his hand and I made a crying face before falling back on the couch disappointed.

"Cabir! I am okay! Please mjy kuch tou karny day! I am tired of lying all day!" I cried out in dismay as Cabir returned to his cleaning the floor session.

He is so bossy! I complaint to Mr. Subconscious who ignored me expertly, to which I frowned. What's up with it? I thought with a pout and noticed a book in its hand. Abay kya padh raha hai? I asked hell shocked and Mr. Subconscious gave me a tired look.

Manik! When someone is reading na tou usy disturb nahi karty! Mr. Subconscious scolded me and I glared at it.

Meri billi mjy ko he miyoan! Tu bata raha hai ya main jhaado uthaoan? I tried to threaten it and finally it turned to me. Then it closed the book and showed me the title cover.

LARKI PATAANY KAY 100 TAREEKAY! I freaked out and Mr. Subconscious nodded with serious expressions to which I wanted to slam my head somewhere.

Abay mery hoty huay tjy ya sab bakwas padhny ki kya zarorat hai!? I shouted in annoyance and a little jealous too but Mr. Subconscious showed me its tongue before digging itself back in the book.

Tu na time nikaal kay mar ja! Manhoos! I cursed it and pulled my own hair.

It's been 15 days since I was not allowed to even step out of the bed.

Cabir used to babysit me for 24/7. He even postponed his exhibition to next month to which I fought with him but he was stubborn.

And Nandini...she used to visit for an hour daily because office was also important.

Moreover she used to text me every hour to ask if I was doing okay!

This woman na! Seriously!

But I was so bored!!

I was feeling much okay!

I got to know that I had four broken ribs and internal bleeding too. Moreover the hit on my head was also very bad but...most of my wounds were healed now and I was so much better but...

Mommy Cabir was not letting me do a single thing...

He is so bossy!!

He acts like I am pregnant...

Hain!! No shoo!

The image of me being pregnant somehow roamed in my head and felt like puking!

Tu bhi na Manik...kuch bhi sochta hai...I thought to myself sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Cabir! Main bore ho raha hoon!" I once again cried helplessly and Cabir peeked from the kitchen...

"Drama mat kar! Tv dekh!" He ordered me before vanishing back into the kitchen and my phone beeped.

I made a face and picked it up.

Again a message from Baba.

He was texting me since last 15 days...but I didn't reply to him neither I told Cabir. He tried to call me several minutes but I ignored it.

I was not going to talk to him...

He got manipulated so easily?

He trusted that b!tch over me?

Not for once he thought about me?

He said that he was searching for me the moment I left home then he was liar!

If he truly wanted to find me then he would have done it already!

He lied...he is a liar...

"Manik! Sun! Navya ki call aie hai! The person who is organizing my exhibition wants to meet me to confirm the date! Tou main ja raha hoon!" Cabir's shouts pulled me out of my thoughts and suddenly my mood lit up...

Cabir was leaving!

That means AZADI!!

Yooo! Party time!!!

"Hyee tu ja raha hai?" I exclaimed in a fake sad tone and Cabir came out of his room wearing his jacket.

"Yeah! Pune ja raha hoon! I will try my best to come home at night! Tu reh lay ga na?" He was looking so worried but I was so happy....

Shukar hai jaan choot rahi hai...

"Haan! Main manage kar loon ga! Tu ja! Tera kaam bhi tou important hai na!" Oh My God! Mjy bollywood main hona chye tha! Main kahan sir maar raha hoon...

"Chal theek hai! Fridge main khana rakha hai garam kar kay kha laina! Yaad aye tou phone krna! Aur andhera hony say pehly lights ON kar lena! Aur haan! NO MASTI! Gand tou bilkul nahi phailana!" He and his advises...huff...

"YES MOMMY!" I mocked at him and as a result he threw a cushion at me while searching for his car keys which I caught in my hands. "Wesay! Tu Navya kay sath ja raha hai?" I asked winking at him.

Navya was Cabir's girlfriend.

"Haan!" He answered simply setting his hair in the mirror of the lounge and I coughed to which he turned to glare at me. "Manik! Hum dono kaam say ja rahy hain! Honeymoon pay nahi!" He said angrily and I pouted.

"Ab mjhy kya pata!" I shrugged innocently and Cabir smacked my head.

"Tu kabhi bhi bada mat hona! Bachay ka bacha he rahy ga!" He scolded me and I noticed he was ready to leave. "Chal I am leaving bye!" He greeted me one last time.

"Bye bye Mommy! Have a safe journey!" I mocked from behind and he let out a string of curses before slamming the door shut behind him.

As soon as I was sure he was out of the corridor I kicked the covers away and got up!

"YAYYEEEE!! Finally!! I can walk!" I exclaimed and run around the whole lounge to stretch my muscles...

"Aj ki party meri taraf say!! Yayeee!" I sang loudly and jumped on the couch kicking all the cushions on the floor.

Then I run into the kitchen and opened the cupboards.

Hyeee mery chips! Mery sary snacks!!

I licked my lips with my tongue and the vinegar onion herb flavor of my favorite chips pack tasted on my tongue.

I hugged all my chips packets and felt so happy!

Cruel Cabir he didn't let me touch any of them since last 15 days!

Badtameez!

Then I strolled towards the fridge and picked up the chill soda canes.

Yummy! Now I will watch a movie...

I came back in the lounge and picked up the TV remote. With that I placed all my eatables on the table and sprawled across the couch...

Kya mast life hai sach main...

I ate and ate...

One hour passed and it was the best one hour of those 15 days which I was living...

I lazily dumped a chip into my mouth when...

Manik kuch khanay ko mily ga! Padhty padhty mjy bhook lag gai! Mr. Subconscious came yawing at me sleepily and I smirked.

Haan hai na! 2 jootay! Khany hain? I snarled at it and Mr. Subconscious pouted.

Manik! Accident kay baad tu kuch ziada he mean nahi ho gya? It accused me and I showed it my fake smile before shutting it off...

When I needed to talk you weren't there! So ab bhooka mar!! I can act mean too!

I once again focused on the movie when my phone beeped.

"Had hai!" I cribbed angrily and picked up my phone to see the text but as soon as I read it my face paled...

It was a text from Cabir which says:

"Manik! As I won't be able to take care of you aur tjhy akela choodna mjy acha nahi lag raha so I texted Nandini! She is on her way! She will take care of you! I will let you know if I can come by night or not! Love U, Cabir!"

Abay ghoonchoo! Meri party ka satiyanaas phair kay kehta hai Love u!

Mar ja manhoss!!

Agr Nandini ny mjy esy dekh liya tou?

HYEEE!

I got up with a jerk and started running around to clean the mess which I had created.

I stumbled around the whole house but thankfully I was done in 10 mniutes.

Bus ab Nandini mjy pakry na!

Rabba! Acha nahi kiya!

Hahahaha! Maza aya! Mjy khany ko nahi diya tha! Acha hua kay teri party bhi ruin ho gai! Mr. Subconscious was dancing and I gritted my teeth.

Main tery say acha dance karta hoon! I challenged Mr. Subconscious and it nodded.

Chal hamara song laga! Mr. Subconscious exclaimed and I immediately picked up my phone and played our song.

Oppa Gangnam Style!!

Gangnam Style!!

My favorite track and we both danced around the lounge doing the signature step when suddenly I felt the door of the apartment struggling to click open!

NANDINI!!! We both exclaimed in horror.

She has the key to our apartment?

Zaroor Cabir ny di ho ge!!

I immediately picked up the blanket from the floor and laid back on the couch...

Bacha loo mjy!!

I hide under the blanket and tried to normalize my breath.

"Hello Manik!" I heard Nandini's chiming beautiful voice and I bite my lower lip as I felt her sitting beside me on the couch. "Sleeping?" She spoke to herself and carefully pulled off the blanket from my face to which I showed her my bateesi.

"Hi!" I whimpered trying to sound excited and she was smiling beautifully.

"Hi!" She whispered back shyly biting her lower lip and I couldn't resist but to hold her hand.

"How are you?" She asked lovingly and caressed my forehead.

"Ab tum aa gai ho na! Tou I will be okay!" I said with a warm smile and she giggled shyly before her expressions turned into serious one.

"Manik! Why are you sweating?" She asked almost freaking out and I realized that my forehead was sweating. Oh no! Pakra gaya! "Aur tmhri saaans kiun pholi hue hai?" You know iska naam Nandini nahi James bond 007 hona chye!

Manik think of an excuse warna pity ga! Mr. Subconscious snickered and I glared at it.

"Wo...main...Main tmhy miss kar raha tha naa! That's why! High on emotions you know?" I spoke extra innocently and sweetly while she stared at me suspiciously.

"Aww that's so sweet!" She suddenly exclaimed and I huffed a sigh of relief but the next second she pulled my ear. "Sach batao? What were you doing?" She snarled angrily and pulled my ear more.

"Ahhh! Ouch!! Hyee! Leave my ear please!!" I shouted wriggling to free myself and she freed it finally.

"Tell me?" She demanded and I crawled away from her on the couch rubbing to my ear to lessen the pain.

"Main...main dance tou nahi kar raha tha!" I mumbled out in a defensive tone and immediately bite my tongue...

Had hai Manik! Khudi bhaanda phood diya! Bravo! Tjy 21 topoon ki salaami! Mr. Subconscious scolded me and I looked down ready to get more scolding while Nandini started laughing.

Abay ya has kiun rahi hai? I asked to Mr. Subconscious staring at Nandini all horrified.

Manik! jesy hoti hai tofaan say pehli ki khamoshi! Ya pitai session say pehly ki evil laugh hai! Mr. Subconscious scared me more and I looked at Nandini with a pout as she slid closer to me.

"Manik! Please! Never get older! I love you so much!" She said huffing the breaths and ruffled my hair pulling me for a hug.

Is ka dimag ghoom gaya hai I think! I thought wisely and chucked everything hugging her back.

"I love you too!" I whispered back and kissed her temple...

______________________________________-

Nandini's POV...

"Manik!" I scolded him slapping his head hard as he was totally focused towards the TV and hadn't chewed the morsel I had fed him two minutes ago.

"Shhh!" He shushed me with a bad face still staring at some action movie and I sighed on his childish behavior.

Kya karoon main is larky ka?

"Manik! I am trying to feed you this khicri since last one hour aur tum mjy itna tang kar rhy ho! Half bowl bhi nahi khaya hai tm ny!" I tried to sound angry and tired while he just placed his finger on his lips.

It was a gesture for me to keep quiet because the movie he was watching was on climax.

"Fine! Tum dekho! Apni ya movie! Main pagal hoon na apna time waste kar rahi hoon tumhry sath jab tumhy mj say baat he nahi krni!" I finally got angry and stood up with the food tray.

Nandini! Itna gusa! Queen snickered at me and I sighed walking back to kitchen.

Tum ny dekha nahi! Kitna rude hai wo! Usy bus apni movie ki pari hai! I was sad because he had ignored me...

It was so unlike of him...

Ohhh! So now you will be jealous of the movie too? Queen laughed and opened the lid of its favorite nail paint to apply.

What? I am not jealous! I freaked out walking out of the kitchen and Manik was still busy in his movie. Arghhh! I hate him! I cried tapping my foot and Queen was laughing.

And you said that you are not jealous! Queen mocked and I made a sad face. Then I looked around the apartment and entered one of the room.

Manik's...

I guessed immediately because I saw his clothes sprawled across the whole room and this made me giggle.

"Kitna clumsy hai ya larka!" I mumbled to myself and started picking up his clothes from the floor.

His room was small but comfortable much. A bed with red and white sheets. A small study table where few files...old news papers cutting and writing notepad were placed along with few colorful pens and pencils.

Smiling to myself I walked closer to his table and picked up the newspaper to see what was so important in them. I read the very front page and smiled brighter...

It was news about the success of Malhotra industries and there was a picture of Manik's father and another guy which I guessed to be Manik's elder brother.

All the cuttings which were gathered around were the news about Malhotra industries.

I wonder what was Manik's conflict with his father that he was so angry with him?

Taking a sigh I looked around the room for more things and saw a guitar...

Wow! Seems like Manik is a rockstar! Queen commented blowing at its nails and I nodded walking towards the guitar.

It was a beautiful guitar but dusty one. I grabbed few tissues from the box on the table and started cleaning it carefully.

I wonder does he play??

How much cool and dashing he will look with the guitar in his hands...and does he sings?

This man...is there anything in the world he can't do?

This thought made me chuckle and suddenly I felt his warmth behind my back.

"Done with the movie?" I taunted with a bad face and he rested his chin on my shoulder while I placed the guitar on the bed to which he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me back into his body.

"Aray! Akyly dekhny main thori maza ata hai! I got bored!" He complaint softly and I felt a unknown husk in his voice which made my inside clench...

This man...will be my death.

"Ohh! So?" That's all I managed to utter and he nuzzled in my scarf forcing me to shut my eyes close while he managed to pull open the pin of my hijab.

"So...!" Sh!t...the husk...the seductiveness and I held his hand tightly which was still on my waist...

"Cabir texted...that he can't come tonight...so I am not letting you go!" He whispered more and peeled off my scarf away from head...

The cold air from the window came rushing in and hit my skin hard to which I shivered...wait did I shiver because of the cold wind or because of Manik's proximity?

I failed to decide and he unpinned my hair bun causing my hair to fell down...

I could feel his lips on my hair moving almost sinfully.

"I love your hair...so warm...so beautiful! And exotic!" I couldn't believe that with just words he was forcing the whole zoo to flutter in my stomach, I felt my mind gobbling up when suddenly he left me and backed off...

It forced me to open my eyes and the first thing I saw was his evil smirk...

"So let's talk aur kya??" He exclaimed innocently and I looked down...flushed and embarrassed on having any kind of wild thoughts.

"Aik minute! Why are you blushing?" He exclaimed teasingly and leaned down at my face to check out while I was unable to figure out how to react. "Haaww! Kya hua Nandini? Cheeks! Why are they so red?" He was teasing me so much and I covered my face with palms turning away from him immediately to which he broke out in the fits of laughter...

He is so bad! I thought hell embarrassed of myself and soon he pulled my hands away from my face.

"Aww Nandini!" He spoke lovingly, in an awe and I refused to look at him. He was still laughing.

Ufff...

"Manik please!" I protested meekly on his off limits teasing and he chuckled falling on the bed, lying comfortably.

"Okay sorry! Come! Seriously! Let's talk!" He said in a serious tone with a smile on his face and patted the place beside him...

I stared in his warm eyes for few seconds before taking off my shoes and joined him on the bed. I rested my head on his broad chest and felt his lips on my forehead...his way of assuring me that it everything was okay!

We laid in the comfortable silence for few minutes as he tangled his one hand with mine on his chest and other was in my hair...he run his fingers gently...very carefully through them.

It felt so good...so natural and blessed...

Never in my life I had been so comfortable with anyone but this man...he has something...he was becoming my need...my necessity...my anchor of living...

I have stopped imagining my life without him...

I didn't want to have a single thought...jis main wo na ho...

I was willing to serve this man till eternity...I was willing to do anything and everything which makes him happy...I wanted to die for his smile...I wanted him close to me all the time...I wanted to tell him my feelings but lips...and my tongue...the vocabulary was...not enough to thank him, to praise him and to tell him that how much he means to me...

I felt my eyes getting moist and I immediately hide my face in his chest so that he won't be able to notice.

"Okay so! First question main pochon ga!" His voice broke my trail of thoughts and I hummed adjusting my head more over his chest.

"When was the first time you realized that you love me?" He asked almost excited like a child and I giggled out.

"Hmm! Tough question!" I commented looking up at his face and he pouted.

"Aray tough nahi hai! I remember very well that I fell for you the day I asked you to steal strawberries!" He told me in a matter of fact tone and I smiled nodding my head.

"You have a good memory but! I am very bad at remembering things! So leave it next question!" I said in a serious tone and shook my head to which his mouth hung open.

Ohhh Manik! Agar myny tumhy bata diya that I fell for you the very first day when you came to my office then you will laugh that I can't afford.

"Jaoa yar! Tum ny pehly question pay he mera mood kharab kar diya!" He complaint like a baby and I pursed my lips to conceal the laughs that were threatening to escape my mouth.

"Ohh! So if you don't want to ask then I will ask ok?" I asked once again looking at his face and he thought for a second before nodding his head.

"Do you play?" I asked with a smile and he looked confused. "The guitar!" I added gesturing towards it and he shook his head.

"I used to!" He spoke softly nodding his head and I gave him a suspicious look. "Matlab! There was a time! When I used to play! For my...Mama!" He was not looking at me but at the guitar, now.

Oh...his mother...

"But...the day she died! I stopped! I don't play anymore! Aur ya guitar! Cabir gifted me last month! Pagal hai wo! He thought I can play again!" His face had a sad smile and I cupped his cheek.

"Cabir...told me! That you were in coma! For three months?" Okay! I couldn't stop myself form asking. While Manik's face turned a shade darker.

"Yes! He told you right! I was...in coma! For three months! Some street goons hit me bad!" He told coldly and I gasped...

So much...he went through...

"Ohh! How...did your mother die?" I wanted to keep the conversation continued...maybe if he will tell me his past it will give me courage to tell mine?

"I was 17 years older when she died of cancer! Last stage!" He simplye answered and I felt so sad for him...

"Sorry!" I whispered and cupped his cheek to which he pecked my palm smiling warmly.

"Naah! It's okay! I do miss her but...I am fine!" He was so strong...unlike me.

"Can we visit her? Her grave?" I asked...trying to make him feel good.

I didn't know how to sympathize with someone.

Uff again embarrassment...

"Ohh! It's in London! When we will visit I will take you!" He said with a small smile and tucked a lose strand of hair behind my ear.

"What about you? You never told me about your family!" He asked curiously and raised his eyebrow...

And my breath hitched in my throat...

It's okay Nandini! Just tell him! Queen tried to appreciate me.

"My...father died before my birth! This Murthy name! Mery Nana...my mother's father! Un ka hai! I mean tha! All this business! It was his!" I tried to explain him in every possible way.

"Ohh! What about your Mother?" He asked nodding his head. I felt my tears stinging the back of my eyes and Manik immediately sensed my worry.

"Hey! It's okay if you don't wanna talk!" He cupped my cheek but I shook my head.

"I...want to talk!" I stressed on my words and he nodded.

"Okay! But...calm down! I will not judge you! I will listen to you!" His assuring words were helping but very little...

"She...died when I was 13 years old!" I let out the most bitter memory of my life and image of my mother hanging down the ceiling roamed in my head causing me to sat up with a gasp...

Maa...

"Hey...buss! Come here!" Manik too sat up with me and pulled me back in his arms to which I wrapped mine around his neck hugging him tightly.

"Manik...it was the worst night of my life!" I sobbed in his neck and he patted my hair patiently.

"We all face worst days and nights Nandini! But...past is past! We should mourn on our worst days but aisa nahi hota kay we keep mourning over them for our whole life! We need to move on! Dukh...dard kam nahi hota! But...humy bardasht karna aa jata hai! You are my strong girl! Tum mjy btaoa tou! Maybe we could find a way together!?" He was such a support to me...his words were so supportive and I felt him lying me back on the bed as my head rested with the pillow.

He came over me and I felt his lips on my forehead.

"Open your eyes!" He whispered lovingly and I opened my teary eyes to stare in his warm ones.

"You can take time...as much as you want! I am very stubborn! Main bhi tumhri jaan nahi choodon ga!" His words came out as a chuckle and he rubbed his nose with mine. I sobbed and laughed between my tears and curled my fingers in his hair closing my eyes to which he rested his forehead with me.

"Kabhi mat choodna!" I told him back and leaned up a little to fuse our lips...

He was my peace...

I wanted to tell him asap...but I didn't know that my delay will break us...

The evil was coming for us...but I was so naïve to understand it....

"I love you!" He mumbled between the kiss and pulled me in his arms patting me to sleep...

So the night wasn't over...

_____________________________--

Hufff! What...an eventful update...or maybe uneventful. You guys decide!

How was it? Nandini's mother committed suicide...yes...its tragic. I think she should tell Manik! Is say pehly kay usy kise aur say pata chalay! She should tell him right?

There is a person who knows Nandini's secret! I want you all to guess kay wok on hai? It's a spoiler! And you have to guess!

Till next time kay liye! Bye bye!

Love, Cheers! Mawara.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 20.9K 54
The journey of a careless play boy and fragile doll. Love is not his cup of coffee but for her husband is everything in her life. Both of them happy...
The Infinity Love! By D.

General Fiction

424K 29.3K 113
Hey peepz! I'm new here. It's my first story. So Manik and Nandini's love inspires me alot. So I thought why not give it a shot by some other plot. ...
56.3K 3.2K 41
Peep inside to know......☞