Luxsoka: I'm Not So Bad

By jedi3ravenclaw

Ahsoka Tano is a Jedi. It's against the Code to form attachments or start relationships. Lux Bonteri is a Se... More

New Years in the Galaxy
Thinking Out Loud
Sandcastles at Sunset
Goodbye, My Darling
Halloween Special
The Wedding
A Life in Pieces
Christmas Special
Shape of You
Only Human
Die a Happy Man

Love On Top

1.3K 27 217
By jedi3ravenclaw

I can see the stars all the way from here
Can't you see the glow on the window pane?

Ahsoka stared out the window of the front of the Twilight. What was she even doing, anyway? Why had Padme made her do this? She stared at the surface of Onderon, anticipating what was to come. The conference was definitely going to be a bore. It was great that Onderon and Naboo were negotiating an alliance, but she simply wasn't fond of politics.

The only reason she'd agreed was the celebration that followed. Formal balls were a huge part of Onderonian culture, she'd been told. Padme had spent every day teaching her how to do all sorts of dances, from the waltz to the cha cha, after her lessons with Anakin. Anakin would even show up to her dance lessons if he felt like it. He was originally going to come with them to Onderon, but was called to investigate something somewhere else.

I can feel the sun whenever you're near
Every time you touch me I just melt away

The planet's surface was excruciatingly hot in the summer, especially with her cloak draped around her shoulders. She could feel the sun's rays beating down on her back as she disembarked the ship to meet Senator Amidala's old friend.

"Senator Amidala, it's so good to see you!" Lux extended a hand, but Padme ignored it and gave him a quick hug.

"It's good to see you too, Lux."

His attention was immediately drawn to Ahsoka. "Ahsoka!" He immediately stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her, much to the surprise of his bodyguards.

Her cheeks turned a rosy shade of pink when she noticed that Padme was watching them. It wasn't just the sun that was making her heat up this time.

"It's good to see you again," Lux whispered in her ear before letting her go. He turned towards Padme and nodded. "I'll show you both to your rooms so you have time to prepare for the day's festivities."

Now everybody asks me why I'm smiling out from ear to ear

As Lux lead his two guests to their rooms, Ahsoka noticed that Padme would look at her and subtley chuckle to herself.

"What?" Ahsoka raised an eyebrow, unsure exactly what she was doing that was so amusing to the Senator.

"You look like you've just won the lottery or something. What's up?"

Ahsoka, suddenly conscious of her facial expression, wiped the stupid grin off her face. "It's nothing, really," she lied.

"Mhm, sure," the Senator replied, raising her chin ever so slightly.

Ahsoka bit her lip, knowing that Padme could see right through her. Being in Lux's presence again was exhilarating, even though the Jedi Order wanted her to feel otherwise.

But I know
Nothing's perfect, but it's worth it after fighting through my tears
And finally you put me first

She had thought long and hard about her feelings for him. There was no point in denying their existence; she had already fallen lekku over heels for him. Anakin had probably figured it out already as it was. She wasn't particularly complicated to read emotionally, even though she was a teenager.

She had spent several nights crying herself to sleep over the fact that the Jedi Order wouldn't permit her to feel things like romantic love. The fact that Lux had given her a hug without her making the first move was a hint that her feelings might be reciprocated.

You're the one I love.
You're the one I need.
You're the only one I see.

Padme thought it would be a good idea to take Ahsoka to this conference for some reason, and Ahsoka was beginning to pick up on it. Throughout the day, Padme would coincidentally have someplace urgent to be, leaving Lux and Ahsoka alone.

The last day of their stay was no different. Ahsoka stared at her dress for the ball that Padme had picked out for her before running off to get ready herself. It was beautiful, no doubt, but she was having trouble imagining herself in it. It was blood red with a halter neck, the asymetrical bottom falling just below her knee. She sighed and slid it on, not having any other options.

The accessories that came with it made Ahsoka feel even more stupid. The headpiece was an interesting sort of gold with tiny crystals dangling from the sides. She clasped a gold necklace with a ruby heart around her neck and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked ridiculous.

Just as she was putting the final touches on her outfit, she heard a soft knock on the door.

"Coming!"

She hurried to the door and slid it open to see Lux standing before her. He was wearing a cream tunic with red accent designs, perfectly matching her dress. A little too perfectly. Padme obviously had something planned for the two of them.

Lux gave her a quick once-over, his jaw dropping slightly. "You look absolutely beautiful, Ahsoka."

"Thanks."

He realized his mouth was hanging open, so he quickly shut it. Ahsoka chuckled to herself, and Lux's face turned a shade of red almost matching his tunic. "How am I supposed to look at anyone else now?" He muttered under his breath.

She smiled and slid her arm under his elbow. "Shall we?"

Come on baby it's you.
You're the one that gives your all.
You're the one I can always call.
When I need you make everything stop.
Finally you put my love on top.

Ahsoka was astonished by the size of the ballroom. There was a group of couples dancing in the center with several other nobles watching from the sides. The music resonated through the hall along with the chatter of guests. There was a waiter walking around with a platter of drinks

"Whoa," she whispered. "This is even better than I'd imagined it could be."

"You know what would make it even better?" He asked, stepping in front of her. "I can deal with the formal dinner thing later; I'd rather spend some time with you since we don't see each other very often. I've had to much champagne earlier today as it is." The song ended, and he extended his hand. May I have this dance?"

She took it instantly. "I'm yours."

Ooh! Come on baby.
You put my love on top, top, top, top, top.
Ooh oooh! Come on baby.
You put my love on top, top, top, top, top.
My love on top.
My love on top.

The music started back up as soon as they made it to the edge of the floor. This time, it was a lively tango tune Ahsoka recognized from the holonet radio. She looked him in the eye and smiled, communicating what words couldn't express: she was truly going to forget her life in the Order for a few short hours. She really was all his for the evening.

Baby, Baby
I can hear the wind whipping past my face.
As we dance the night away.

It was a shame that balls such as this were incredibly infrequent for officers of the Grand Army of the Republic. Anakin would've loved this, no doubt. Ahsoka could even see Obi-Wan dancing in time. She made a mental note to tell Master Skywalker about it later and as if there were any other things like this acceptable for a Jedi to attend.

Maybe she enjoyed it so much because she was with the boy she absolutely loved. She was beginning to feel like he might actually like her in that way, even though sh had tried to convince herself that it was impossible. She was having the time of her life as Lux twirled her around the again and again.

They danced until Ahsoka's knees felt like jello underneath her, with Lux as the only thing keeping her from collapsing. While she got some water and rested, Lux talked with some of the other Senators. Time passed, as she began to wonder if he had forgotten about her. Guests slowly trickled out the door in pairs or trios, but he was no where to be seen. She sighed and slid her shoes off to give her feet a break.

After completing a thorough sweep of the ballroom with no luck, she headed back upstairs to her room. There was no point in her staying of she didn't have anyone to dance with or talk to. She changed into a baby blue silk nightgown falling just above her kneecaps. She always wore that particular nightgown on trips without her master; it had been a birthday gift he had altered for her by one of Padme's good friends.

The nightgown was very special to her because it was the first time someone had given her something completely recreational and unrelated to being a Jedi. She would often get so caught up in her duties that she would forget to eat, sleep, or enjoy the feeling of being alive. The nightgown was a subtle reminder that it was okay to take care of her own personal needs and emotions every once in a while.

Boy your lips taste like a night of champagne.
As I kiss you again, and again, and again and again.

Well after Ahsoka had cried herself to sleep, the door creaked open. She sat bolt upright, her senses on high alert. Through the force, she could sense a single life form approaching her: Lux.

"Lux?" She whispered, not sure why he would be intruding upon her peaceful slumber in the middle of the night. She swung her legs over the side of her bed. "What are you doing here?"

Before she reached the door, she felt a hand slide through hers and squeeze it gently. "Come with me. I have something to show you."

He pulled her into the hallway, down the stairs, and all the way to the ballroom. Saying nothing, he turned the lights down on low and played a recording of slow dance music.

She stared at the clean, empty room. "Lux, what is this all about? Why did you bring me here? It's the middle of the night!"

"That's what makes it special." He paused, placing her hands on his shoulders and his on her waist. "I went to find you near the end of the ball for one last dance after talking with the people of political importance for far too long, but you were gone."

"Oh. I thought you'd forgotten about me."

"No, I would never." He started swaying to the music, and Ahsoka followed.

As the song progressed, their movements became more complicated. Their hands met at her side, and they began to really dance. She let Lux lead her wherever he pleased, and he was careful not to rush through anything. Each move was long and drawn out, as if suspending each note in time.

He twirled her around and pulled her back, holding her tighter each time. "You know, you're really good at this," he whispered, kissing her forehead.

She blushed, bringing her hands back to his shoulders as the song slowed down. "Thanks." She rested her head on his chest, closing her eyes. "What was that for?"

"What? The compliment?"

She shook her head. "No, the um..." she couldn't bring herself to say it out loud. Maybe it had just been a figment of her imagination.

He kissed her forehead again, understanding what she meant. "That? What do you think it means?"

She was suddenly aware of how close their faces were. Ahsoka's breath quickened. "I dunno."

"Well," he chuckled, "I'm about to let you in on a secret."

He slowly closed the distance between them, bringing his lips to meet hers. Ahsoka closed her eyes and kissed him back equally. He kissed her again and again, each time more intense than the last. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her against him. She lost all sense of time, letting the series of actions play out before her.

Now everybody asks me why I'm smiling out from ear to ear

It took you long enough to do that, she thought, smiling. She wasn't the only one that felt warm and fuzzy when they talked.

But I know
Nothing's perfect, but it's worth it after fighting through my tears.
And finally you put me first.

"I am so incredibly in love with you, Ahsoka Tano, that I don't even know what to do myself."

She chuckled. "What does that even mean?"

"When we first met, I admired your courage. Then, on Carlacc, your bravery. But you were a Jedi, so I just assumed you wanted nothing to do with me since I was a Separatist. I painfully let you slip through my fingers, figuring that I would always come second to your duties as a Jedi." He let his hand fall from her waist and his fingers slide between hers. "No more. I'm done with putting the war above everything that makes us human."

Baby it's you.
You're the one I love.
You're the one I need.
You're the only one I see.
Come on baby it's you.
You're the one that gives your all.
You're the one I can always call.
When I need you make everything stop.
Finally you put my love on top.

Ahsoka squeezed his hand gently. "Me too. I love you, so for once, let's put love on top."

~

A/N: Hey guys! I hope everyone's doing well on this Tuesday morning. I was listening to this song for some reason this past week, and I thought it would make for a cute one-shot. I really need to stop writing ballroom dance scenes though... oh well. I'm starting another song one-shot later today to some Ed Sheeran which should be up some time this weekend.

My wifi is acting up, so my apologies if the video doesn't work. I'll fix it when I get a better connection.

See you later, and may the force be with you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 317 33
Book Six of Ahsoka, Daughter of the Light New cover art coming soon. After a mission with a... "somewhat-successful" outcome, Ahsoka Tano-Bonteri, wi...
1.6K 48 25
Ahsoka left the order, Anakin is devastated. What will happen when they see each other at a local diner? will Ahsoka talk to him or will she panic an...
26.6K 968 29
To be read as the second book in the Gray Jedi's Legacy series! ~-~-~-~-~-~-~ Everybody believed that their honored hero had become one with the Forc...
2.4K 51 17
After escaping Death Watch, Ahsoka Tano and Lux Bonteri confess their growing feelings for one another. As Ahsoka's life comes crashing down around h...