Finding Normal In Hollyville

By meeksadorable

Edwardus Augustinus is a man on a mission to find normalcy. Tired of always feeling like he is living under a... More

Legal Copyright!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 19

7.7K 474 16
By meeksadorable

Edwardus realized two things before Rose turned and ran out of his office. One she didn't need his money because she already had a check in her name in the amount of three point five million dollars and two he still didn't want her to leave even though she was clearly lying about being pregnant with his child.

By the time he ran after her she had already been swept away by the elevator which only left him to call security to hold on to her until he could get downstairs.

As the elevator open he could hear her yelling at the guards to leave her alone.

"I've got it" he said to them.

"Get away from me!" She yelled at him.

He could see persons beginning to gather around to see what was happening.

"Calm down"

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down!"

"Rose"

"Don't! I flew all the way here to see you! Now that I'm here I don't even know who you are. On top of that you're treating me like you have no idea who I am. You called me a bitch and a liar"

Startled gasps and murmurs could be heard all around them.

"Come with me"

"No!"

"I'll listen to everything you have to say but here is not the place"

"Edwardus?"

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse.

He turned to see his soon to be fiancé walk into the building looking as regal as ever.

"Tabitha, what are you doing here?"

"I need an invitation to come and have lunch with my fiancé?"

She walked over to him and placed a light kiss on his cheek.

Everything that happened after that happened so fast he barely had time to react.

Now as he paced the hallway of a private section of the hospital he wondered how he would fix all this mess. Tabitha had a million and one questions about who Rose was but he was not ready to answer any. So instead he told her Rose is a close friend. When he got to the hospital the doctors were giving Rose a checkup and wouldn't let him into the room. She had surely scared him half to death when she fainted so suddenly.

He turned at the sound of the door and rushed over to the doctor. The man tried his best to answer all his questions but was clearly flustered to be standing in the presence of a royal. He walked into the room as the doctor rushed off to run some test. He saw Rose glance at him but rolled onto her side thus turning her back to him as he entered.

"How are you feeling?"

Silence.

"Rose why exactly are you here?"

Silence.

"How is Emma?"

"Don't you dare ask me about my child! Don't pretend as if you care about us you asshole!"

The nurse who had walked into the room to check her blood pressure gasp and hurried out.

"I do care about you"

"Yeah sure you do. That's why you slept with me even though you're engaged to be married"

"I'm not engaged!"

"Then who was that woman that called herself your fiancé? You certainly didn't bother to correct her either"

"That was Princess Tabitha. It was arranged for us to be married since birth"

"That's crazy"

"Try telling my parents that"

She turned to look at him then.

"That's why you came to Hollyville. You were running away from all this"

"Something like that yes"

"Why would you go all the way with me knowing, knowing ..."

"Rose I told you ..."

"You're right you did"

Just then the doctor walked in and they immediately stopped talking.

"Well miss Stevens. Everything seems to be alright. You blood pressure is just a little above normal, try not to stress too much and you and the baby will be alright"

Edward quickly looked away from Rose's face to stare at the doctor.

"The baby? You mean she really is pregnant?"

"Yes your highness"

"Thats not possible, it can't be"

"I assure you sir, she's very much pregnant"

"Run another test"

"You're highness?"

"Do it!"

The man quickly took another small sample of blood and left the room.

"Do you have to be so mean?"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"You've been yelling at me since I stepped into your office, you yelled at that man that told you the king wants to see you and now you're yelling at the poor doctor"

He looked at her but decided to not say anything. They sat there in silence him staring at her in wonder and her ignoring him while pretending to read a magazine. He knew she wasn't reading it because the magazine was in Latin which she doesn't speak.

It took about an hour for the doctor to return with the results.

"The results remains the same your highness. Ms. Stevens is pregnant"

"Thank you doctor" he replied as the little man walked out.

"Still think I'm a liar?"

"I still need answers"

"Like what?"

"How can you be pregnant with my child when doctors confirmed years ago that I won't ever be able to have children."

"Your doctor was obviously wrong"

"All seven of them?"

When she didn't respond he realized she was trying to remain calm.

"Get dressed so we can get out of here"

"I'm not going anywhere with you"

"And I'm not letting you out of my sight until I get some medical answers about that baby you're carrying"

"Well I guess you'll be staying with me in my hotel room and flying back to Hollyville with me"

"Don't let me do this the hard way Rose"

"Is that a threat?"

"Call it what you will"

"You can't keep me here against my will"

"Actually I can"

She glared at him and then grabbed her clothes from a nearby chair and marched into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. He took the time to sit and try to process everything.

Rose is pregnant, and I'm the father? Will wonders never seize.

He pulled out his phone and made a quick call to arrange an appointment with his personal doctor. When all that was arranged he hung up and walked to the bathroom door and knocked.

"It doesn't matter how long you stay in there. I'm not going to go away"

She dragged opened the door and stood in front of him.

"I was wondering how long you were going to hide in there"

"Bite me!"

"I already did" he replied with a smirk.

She brush pass him to grab her suitcase which her took from her hand as they walked outside. He handed her small case to the driver and stood staring at her when she paused to look at the limo.

"Are you getting in? We don't have all day"

She climbed in and scooted to the far end away from him.

"Where to sir?" Asked the driver.

"My penthouse"

He noticed she turned to look at him then but shook her head instead of protesting. It seems for now they had seized fire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 418 33
Charlotte has just finished her third year in college with her best friend Lacey, both excited to go back to there hometown for the summer as well as...
2.2M 77.9K 57
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
158K 11.7K 40
Fiona Hartley is the woman he has feared since he could remember. She was spoiled and snobby but hauntingly beautiful. There's something Philip doe...
2M 58.4K 27
"You are so different." He whispered. "And you are doing something to me, Bella. I can't seem to control myself when I'm around you." *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*...