The Nerd

By danielleward136

Hayden Smith is just a girl who wants good grades and keeps herself to herself whilst all the rest of the sch... More

Long Awaited Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 12 (Part 1)

61.4K 1K 65
By danielleward136

Hi Guys...

I thought I would post this chapter as well as I feel guilty for not posting one earlier on in the week due to my college work getting in the way. 

Sorry this chapter's short but I cut this one in half as I wanted to leave you guys on a cliffhanger at the end :)

The video on the side is by one of my favourite bands in the whole world... Cobra Starship and the song is called 1 night. (It's linked in with the story so there is a reason why it's there it's not something random) ->

The picture at the side shows the guy's cars ->

(The top left hand sliver one is Scott's car, the red Mazda MX8 is Blakes, the bottom light blueish porsche 959 is Jamie's and the last one if Alex and Emily's Audi RS5) Hope that helps and I'm so sorry that the picture is so big but I don't know how to make it smaller without it looking to small :)

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’d just wrapped a towel around me when I heard the doorbell ring from downstairs. I looked around me quickly to try and find an item of clothing and found nothing... awesome. I rushed onto the landing as the doorbell was being rung repeatedly. “HOLD ON” I shouted. I looked at the time on the clock near the door... 5:40... crap I didn’t know it was that time. I walked over to the door.

Please please please don’t be Jake.

I opened the door, whilst finding my body behind the door, to reveal Jake looking amazing as usual wearing his jeans and a white Hollister shirt which showed off his muscles so well.

“Crap” I whispered. That caused the smile on his face to drop.

“What’s wrong?” he asked concerned. He took a step into the house which caused me to take another step behind the door.

“Urm... well I just... got... out the shower. Aanndd I’m not ready... at all” I said slowly.

“Ok” he said shrugged his shoulders. “I’ll just wait down here for you don’t worry.”

“O...ok” I said blushing whilst closing the door and walking upstairs. I could feel his eyes on my back as I walked upstairs causing my face to literally turn into a tomato. I rushed into my room and closed the door. I ran over to my wardrobe and looked for something to wear. I grabbed a pair of jeans, the only thing’s I ever wear, and looked for a decent top. I kept looking causing me to virtually be part of the wardrobe and found a vest top that I could wear.

I grabbed my underwear and quickly threw everything on. I rushed over to my mirror and looked at my hair it looked like it usually did, slightly wavy and a bit of a bedhead look so I decided to just run my hand through it and leave it alone. I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and ran downstairs.

 “Sorry for being late” I said when I entered the living room.

I saw him gulp and clear his throat “Don’t worry about it... I came early anyway.”

“Ok” I nodded. “Shall we go?” he nodded and stood up off the couch. God you could actually see his god-like body underneath his shirt if you looked close enough. I gulped and tried to focus on breathing. In... out... in... out... I think I’m good... for now. I grabbed the front door key off the table at the side of the door and locked it as we walked out. I climbed in his car and heard his stereo start playing Cobra Starship. Ok this is creepy I listen to muse and Cobra Starship what’s going on. How could he be playing two of my favourite bands in his car each time that I’m in?

“Jake how do you know about Cobra Starship?” I asked him whilst he pulled out of the drive.

“Urm maybe because there one of my favourite bands and I love their new song ‘1 night’ why?”

“No reason just asking” I shook my head quickly.

“Ok” he said slowly and carried on driving towards his house. As Jake parked in the garage and I climbed out of the car I realised that it wasn’t only Jake and Alex’s car in the garage there were three others. I noticed there was a silver Porsche 959 and parked at the side of it was a Red Mazda RX8. However, the very last one I weren’t quite sure what that was. I turned around to see Jake walking around his car.

“Jake” he turned to look at me. “Who do these cars belong to?” I asked curiously.

He walked back over to me and grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the very far corner of the garage where there was the car that I didn’t recognize. I felt a weird sensation with Jake holding my hand. He looked down at me smiling and pointed at the silver car. “This is Scott’s car and by the look on your face you actually don’t know what this car is” I shook my head at him. “It’s a Honda S200.”

“Wow” I laughed “It looks like it would be amazing to drive.”

“Ye... but mine’s better” He chuckled which caused me to join in. He gently pulled me towards the next car.

“A Mazda RX8” I said showing off a little.

“Ye and its Blake’s car” my eyes nearly popped out of my head for the second time tonight. Until he pulled me towards the last car.

I shook my head whilst shuffling further forwards towards the car. “A Porsche 959” I whispered to myself in shock and awe.

“Ye and that’s Jamie’s car” he whispered in my ear.

“Wow” I muttered.

I stood their frozen: 1. because I was staring at an amazing car 2. Because I didn't understand how these guys could afford these type of cars until I remembered that they illegal race and 3. because Jake was so close I could feel his breathe on my neck.

“JAKE ARE YOU IN THERE?” I heard Emily shout from the kitchen.

I heard him sigh and then slowly move away from me as I couldn’t feel his body heat anymore. I started to walk towards the couple of steps that led up to a door and led into the kitchen. I slowly opened the door in case anyone was stood behind it.

“HAYDEN hey” I saw someone run towards me and felt huge muscular arms wrap around me.

“B... B... Blake... Can’t breathe” I said trying to get a little bit of oxygen into my lungs.

“Sorry babe” he said winking at me. Normally I would’ve shied away but I’d gotten used to Blake’s filrting over the past couple of weeks and just laughed it off.

“Hey, you stay away from her Mr” Emily pushed against his chest messing around “she’s a nice girl and I am not going to let guys like you corrupt a sweet and innocent girl.”

He scoffed at her. “Emily... darling... that hurt” he said putting his hand on his chest. She laughed whilst shaking her head and pushing him away.

“Well it shouldn’t be anything new to you not getting me or Hayden because you usually get rejected anyway.” She shrugged her shoulders as if it was nothing. My mouth fell to the floor whilst the rest of the guys were laughing and shouting burn.

“Hey dude” Blake looked at Jake. Jake stopped laughing and looked at him. “You gonna say something your mum just insulted one of your best friends.”

Jake bursted out laughing whilst I was trying to not laugh so instead I just smiled. “Sorry can’t... she gave birth to me at the end of the day you didn’t” Blake’s mouth fell to the floor pretending to be shocked.

“Jake I’m glad you’re sticking up for your mum but I need all you guys to get out the kitchen... too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth.” Emily said. We all started to walk out whilst the guys were still laughing at what had just happened and teasing Blake about the rejection comment that Emily had made.

“Come on Hayden, how can you not laugh at that?” Jake asked.

I shrugged my shoulders to try and make it seem that I didn’t find it that funny. I saw Blake wink at Jake, who was stood behind me, out of the corner of my eye. The next thing I see is Blake run towards me causing me to step back which then led to Jake grabbing my waist and throwing me over his shoulder. I started to kick my legs and hit his back whilst Scott and Jamie were literally rolling round on the floor laughing. Blake found it funny to keep pulling my legs whilst Jake carried me away into the living room. In a couple of seconds I was on the couch with two people tickling the hell out of me and causing me to not be able to breathe. I started to laugh so heavily that it was starting to hurt my stomach.

“O... o... ok... ss... ss... tt... oo... pp... ple... ase” I tried saying. All of a sudden I didn’t feel anyone tickling me anymore. I looked up and saw Jake just a couple of inches away.

“See all we wanted to do was hear you laugh” he whispered to me.

“DINNER’S READY” Emily shouted. I looked round the room and saw that there was only me and him in the room, the guys must off left before. Jake stood up and held out a hand towards me. I grabbed his hand and was pulled up which caused us to become a few inches away from each other. We were stood there for what seemed like hours.

“GUYS COME ON WE CAN’T EAT UNLESS YOUR HERE” I heard one of the guys shout.

We both seemed to have snapped out of our little trance which caused me to put my head down and walk towards the dining room. As I walked in I saw that there were two seats left and they were next to each other. Great. I walked over to one of the chairs and sat down which means I would have Jamie to my right and Jake to my left. I heard the chair to my left move and felt his body heat, we were sat that close, I mean for anyone else you wouldn’t notice but I did. After I’d finished putting food onto my plate I felt Jake lean over the table to try and grab a bowl from Scott who was sat opposite me. As he leaned over I could smell that amazing, wonderful smell of his.

“So... Alex how’s the garage going?” Scott asked.

“Fine fine... it’s good the garage is officially mine but I’ll leave it shut until summer so then we can buy all the equipment and parts for inside and get the whole layout sorted out and everything.”

“Ye well, you know our numbers if you need any workers” Blake said.

“Thanks guys how’s Holly?”

“She’s fine she’s just being moody and decided to not come tonight” Scott answered.

“Hayden... what’s school like?” Blake asked excited.

“...ggood” I answered suspiciously. “Why?”

“Blake why do you want to know about school you failed all of your subjects” Jamie said.

“Ye well I want to get to know Hayden more” he said shrugging. I laughed at him. “So what are you like at school?”

“Urm... I’m a straight A student.”

“Wow you must be really clever... is she Jake?” Blake turned to look at him which caused Jake to look at me.

“Ye she’s really clever she’s taking part in the maths challenge” he said with a smirk.

“Cool” I heard Blake say. He looked back down to his half empty plate and started eating again.

“Seriously, you won’t let it drop will you?” I angrily whispered to Jake.

“Nope” he whispered whilst chuckling. I punched the side of his ribs under the table, so no one saw, to shut him up. He choked for a second to hide his pain or shock from my attack. “Have you never heard of respect your elders?”

“Ye and your right”

“I don’t understand”

“You’re an elder”

“Ha ha you’re funny” he whispered back. I carried on eating until I felt someone tickle my side causing me to jump out of my seat meaning I banged my knee in the process on the table. Everyone looked up at me whilst my face turned red from embarrassment. “Are you ok Hayden?” Jake asked. I looked at him and saw a smile tug at the corner of them luscious lips of his... stop thinking like that... urg.

“Fine nothing to worry about” I answered through my teeth at him to keep my anger inside.

“Oh ok” he put his head down towards his food and started to eat whilst his shoulders moved slightly up and down indicating that he was laughing at me. I looked around and saw everyone still looking at me with some worry in their face until they saw I was fine and they started to eat again. “I know your weakness” I heard someone whisper from my left. I ignored them and carried on eating the rest of my food until I’d finished. Having dinner with the guys felt like having dinner with a couple of 7 year olds all they did was make fun of each other whilst the other people laughed at the comments.

When we’d all finished I told Emily and Alex that no matter what I would wash the dishes for them. Whilst everyone started to leave the dining room, after a hell of a lot of persuasion, I started to move all the dishes into the kitchen and fill the sink with water. Half way through washing the dishes I heard the kitchen door open. “Hey Hayden, do you need any help?”

I turned around to see all the guys stood there. “I’m ok guys really.”

“Oh nonsense we’re helping” Scott said moving his hand in the air. Blake and Scott grabbed a tea towel to start drying the dishes whilst Jake and Jamie started to move the dried dishes to the cupboards.

“Jake are you prepared for Saturday?” Scott asked.

“Ye... I guess.”

“We’re going to the garage though in the morning so then we can have a drive with Holly’s new improvements to the cars.”

“Oh ok... what time?”

“About 9:00 or a bit later” Scott answered.

“You should bring Hayden” Blake interrupted.

 I opened my mouth to answer Blake until I heard a voice which wasn't mine. “No it’s not safe round there you know it’s not guys come on...” Jake interrupted.

“Jake she could stay with me and I’ll show her some things to do with the cars or something” Jamie said.

“YES... sorry” I put my head down to hide my embarrassment. “It’s just I would love that thank you”

“No you’re not going” Jake interrupted.

 “Excuse me... What’s it got to do with you if I go or not... You don’t own me” I shouted and walked straight out of the back door that led to the Peterson’s huge back garden whilst throwing the scrubber, that I was using to wash the dishes, on the side. I walked over to the little wooden garden swing in the corner of the garden right at the bottom. I started to swing on it so then I could try and cool down to get rid of my anger. I didn’t understand why I would have to ask Jake for permission for me to go somewhere. If I wanted to go I’ll go and if he wants to turn into the controlling friend then I’d rather be like I was before with no friends. I closed my eyes and listened to the wind whistling slightly and the little noises that all the insects were making late at night. I sat there for what felt like hours just clearing my mind until I heard the leaves crunching under someone’s feet. My eyes flew open and fell upon a dark silhouette of a person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOOOOOOOOOOO....

Who do you think it is?

Do you guys think Hayden's overreacting or do you understand where she's coming from?

Hope you guys enjoyed it and I apologize for not uploading this sooner in the week but I'm on my easter holidays now so they should be uploaded more frequently for the next two weeks. 

Please guys don't forget to Vote,

Comment,

Fan and

Add to your library

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11M 713K 83
(Sequel to Two Gangs and a Golden Girl) *** "If you even think about touching me, I will literally rip off your arm," I growl when Xavier prowls clos...
3.2M 203K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
185K 2.8K 20
The most popular boy in school, is in my house. How did this happen? I don't know and I don't care. He is a self absorbed, player. He can get any gir...
11.6M 396K 63
Eliana Snow is a sweet, innocent young woman who's about to inherit the family fortune at age 21. Right now her parents' company, bank accounts, and...