The Howling Moon

By NatalieWalker14

Ashley Stevens, a type one diabetic, finds her life changing completely, when she is rescued and take by Nick... More

The Howling Moon
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Important
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
News.
Chapter Twenty-Five
Not an Update
Chapter Twenty-Six
News (sorry)
Chapter Twenty Seven
News
Chapter - Twenty Eight
Just...Thank You.
News

Chapter Twelve

48.2K 999 85
By NatalieWalker14

Ashley

"Ashley, wake up Angel." A male voice called and I felt someone shaking me. I stuck my hand out and placed it on their face, rubbing everywhere and lingering on the lips of the intruder. I already know it's Nick, he's the only one that calls me Angel, that, and I know those lips anywhere, and he would never have another male wake me up.

"No. I'm too tired to get up." I turned away from where he was sitting on the bed and hid my face in the pillow. "Nick please let me sleep in." I frowned at him, even though my eyes were closed.

"Come on, Angel. Wake your ass up." He ripped the covers off of my body and I curled myself up in the fetal position.

"Nick, my blood sugars are messed up and it makes me really tired." He sighed heavily then spoke once again.

"Well, I figured you'd want to get ready before my mom co-" Before he could get the rest of his sentence out, I jumped out of bed, stepped over Nick, then ran towards the bathroom.

"When will she be here?" I asked shutting the door and stripping out of my clothes, then ran the warm water.

"In about an hour." He yelled from the other side of the door.

"Nick, why didn't you wake me up earlier? What time is it anyway?" I unhooked my pump and placed it on the sink.

"I woke you up earlier, but you threw the pillow at my head and it's two o'clock." I turned to face the door as if I was looking at Nick.

"Two O'clock?" I don't remember home waking me up. I just remember being really annoyed in my sleep, I thought that was because of a bad dream, guess we know why now.I shrugged and got in the shower.

After doing everything necessary in the bathroom I ran into the closet, in only a towel searching for something to wear.

I found a floral dress, semi tight from the bust, but flows loosely to the knees. It's very appropriate for meeting his parents, then I went into my drawers and pulled out a strapless bra with matching zebra striped underwear.

I sat at my vanity and applied some natural makeup, I contoured my cheek bones and highlighted some of my features, nothing too dramatic.

I straightened my blond hair and decided to tie it back with a bump at the top. Locking the door, I unwrapped my towel and threw it in the hamper, then easily slipped the dress on. I found some beautiful white leather flats and put them on as well.

"Angel?" Nick lightly knocked on the door. "Jenna, Natasha, Rick, James and Anthony are all here." I opened the door and took a few steps back.

"Is this appropriate enough?" I began fidgeting in my spot and playing with my hands.

"It's perfect." He laced our fingers and kissed me on the cheek while walking us down the stairs, when the doorbell rang.

"They're here." I heard James yell as he was running down the stairs, he pulled Nicks hand from mine as he continued his sprint.

He basically ripped the door off of its hinges and jumped on the woman waiting outside.

"I missed you so much, Anna!" He hugged her, you could see it was getting hard for her to breathe.

"I've missed you too, sweet heart." The woman patted his back and gave him a kiss on the cheek. His smile grew so wide, making him rest his head on her shoulder.

"Come on James, give my wife some room." The big man beside her chuckled.

We stood in front of the two, when they walked into the house and James was now holding the woman's hand. I got a better look at her and was stunned by her beauty.

She had round eyes, that were grey just like Nicks, her hair was a mix of auburn and caramel and they fell in perfect waves just below her shoulder. Her nose was thin and slightly pointed, she had full red lips with a defined cupids bow. Her figure was very sexy and she was at a fair height compared to her husband. She was only a head shorter than him.

Her husband looked almost exactly like Nick. The man was slightly taller than Nick and had the same build. His eyes were green like Jenna's, his hair as dark as Nick's but his lips were a thin line, whereas Nick has full lips.

They both smiled at me and his mom pulled me in for a hug. James decided to join the hug. He wrapped his arm around us and Nicks mom giggled along with me.

"Sweetheart, this hug isn't for you." She gave James a small smile and he backed away, a little sad.

"I deserve love!" he shouted dropping his head in sadness. Nicks mom and I both shared a look and we ran to James then hugged him, each placing a kiss on his cheek at the same time. His smile came back on his face and we all laughed.

"I'm Anna, Nicks mom." She said kindly after we all released each other.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, I'm Ashley." She pulled me in for another hug. After our small interaction,i wasn't nervous anymore, now I was kind of comfortable.

"Oh honey, you don't understand how excited I am." She said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"That's very sweet, I couldn't wait to meet you both."

Nicks father pulled me in for a hug of his own.

"I'm Robert, It's great finally meeting you, Ashley." His voice was very deep and intimidating, everything about him screamed dominance. Yet he had a fatherly glint in his eyes showing care, love, compassion and protectiveness.

"It's a pleasure, Robert." I smiled at him and he returned it with a warm one.

"Alright, girls we have work to do before the guests arrive." Anna yelled dragging Natasha, Jenna, and me towards the kitchen.

"Jenna?" Anna turned to face her daughter when we entered the kitchen. "Did you get the garden ready for the ceremony?" She asked.

"Yes, mom. It's all set, no worries. I'm sure you'll love it." Anna smiled and hugged her daughter. It reminded me of my mom, I really miss her and I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet. I mentally set a reminder to ask Nick if I can go visit her. I sent her a text a few days ago telling her not to worry, I just haven't used my phone after that because I knew I had to answer the questions she's going to throw at me.

"Alright, we have to start with setting up the tables people will be sitting at, remember the order of the silver wear please." Anna ordered.

"Ashley, sweetheart go put on the dress Jenna told me you were going to wear. People are about to arrive, we've got it covered here."

"Are you sure?" I asked Anna.

"I'm sure, sweetheart, now go on." She giggled.

"Yes, Ma'am." I saluted her and we both laughed. I opened the kitchen door and strolled upstairs to our bedroom.

The back of the closet contained my dress and I pulled it out, laying it on the bed, stripping myself out of the floral dress I wore only minutes ago.

I put on the red dress and it fell perfectly down my body, revealing my lower back. I decided to go with black leather pumps and to redo my makeup.

Instead of the natural looking makeup I chose to do a lightly smokey eye look and bold lips. I did a double take, then redid my hair, curling it and putting a diamond studded head band behind my bangs.

Nick came upstairs and opened the door to our room, he stopped just as he entered and his eyes began roaming my body. He sighed heavily and his eyes went dark.

"You're killing me, Angel." He buried his face in my neck when he was at my side. "Everyone's here."

I took a deep breath, then I took his hand and we began our decent down the stairs. We got to the French doors that were ajar and we stepped into the garden. There were about four hundred plus people and they all had their attention only on us.

Nick was leading us to the stage they had set up, his father and mother were standing at the top waiting for us. As we walked it looked at all the faces we passed and gave warm smiles and nodded a hello to some of the standing people.

"You'll have a chance to meet them after my father speaks." Nick told me. He squeezed my hand let me walk in front of him when we reached the steps of the stage.

Nick and I stood side by side facing the pack. I saw James, Rick, Jenna, Natasha, Anthony and Kyle all in the front. They all waved and I giggled.

"Yeah! GO ASHLEY!" James yelled and everyone including me, laughed. Natasha smacked him over the head and put her finger to her lips, shushing him. Former Alpha, Robert cleared his throat and began the ceremony.

"We are here today, to welcome a new member to the Crimson Moon Pack." His voice roared. Everyone remained quiet, respecting the man giving the speech on stage. "We are also welcoming our new Luna, to the pack." He and Anna turned from facing the crowd, to facing us. Nick put his hand on the small of my back turning me to face them.

"My son, our Alpha's, beautiful mate, Ashley Stevens." Robert continued, causing everyone to cheer and whistle. I blushed and smiled, keeping my hand in Nick's.

"Yea! ASHLEY!" James shouted again. I giggled and turned to face him sending him a smile and a little wave.

When the applause and cheers stopped, Robert went back to giving the speech.

"Ashley, it is with great pleasure, that I am the one to formally include you to our pack." He held his hand out, which I gracefully took. "Repeat after me, Ashley." I nodded and he continued.

"I, state your name, agree to join the Crimson Moon Pack and swear to be loyal, honest, respectful and swear to treat this pack like my family, for as long as I live." I took a deep breath and repeated what he said.

"I, Ashley Stevens, agree to join the Crimson Moon Pack and swear to be loyal, honest, respectful and swear to treat this pack like my family, for as long as I live." He smiled and nodded with approval. He leaned in and placed a kiss on my cheek then hugged me. It was now Anna who stood in front of me and took my hand.

"And now, sweetheart, you must swear to your duties as Luna." She squeezed my hand and her eyes showed pride in what she was about to do. Nick has coached me through everything and I now, know the basics of what a luna must do.

"Repeat after me, sweet heart." She smiled and I nodded once more.

"I, State your name, Agree to become the Luna of the Crimson Moon Pack, I swear to lead this pack alongside my Alpha, I swear to do what is best for myself, along with my pack members." She paused and waited for me to repeat.

"I, Ashley Stevens, Agree to become the Luna of the Crimson Moon Pack, I swear to lead this pack alongside my Alpha, I swear to do what is best for myself, along with my pack members." When I said 'Alpha' I looked over at Nick who had the biggest smile on his face, his eyes full of pride and I could tell this made him very happy because it made me just as happy.

I looked back over at Anna, who had tears streaming down her face. I hugged her hard and got a little teary eyed, myself. She wiped her eyes and continued.

"I swear to do the best of my ability to keep everyone safe, to be fair to my fellow pack members and finally, to be the best damn luna anyone has ever seen." I wiped my eyes and looked at her with love.

"I swear to do the best of my ability to keep everyone safe, to be fair to my fellow pack members and to be just as amazing a luna as you, Anna." I hugged her once again and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Well now, everyone Welcome your Luna!" Robert shouted. I turned to Nick and hugged him tight; The look in his eyes are unforgettable and we leaned in to share a kiss.

It was a short and sweet one that had all the girls yelling 'aw' and the guys whistling. We pulled apart and laughed at their reaction.
----------------------------------------
I hope you liked, the ceremony isn't over yet, I think this chapter is fairly long and I BEYOND happy with the amount of reads and comments this story has received. I LOVE THE SUPPORT! thank you all for reading!!

Much love,
Natalie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

493K 21.9K 31
(HIGHEST RANK FOR ROMANCE #171) (HIGHEST RANK FOR BWWM #4) Ava is a seventeen year old girl just trying to take care of her five year old brother Tre...
244K 12.2K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...
452K 17.8K 54
They say she is a devil. Inhuman even. Known only in the werewolf and hunter world and practically traceless in the human world, no one knows who she...
109K 3.5K 50
Ashley Miller is a stunning she-wolf and Beta of her father's pack, Blood Moon. She is a fierce warrior and protector who has spent years training af...