I'm Okay

By may46117

One wouldn't know it when looking at her, a seemingly normal girl with abnormal hair. It was easy to assume s... More

Chapter One: A boy named Naruto
Chpater Two: Defending
Chapter Three: Inspiring
Chapter Four: "I'm late!"
Chapter Six: Pink
Chapter Seven: A Friend
Chapter 8: Time

Chapter Five: It Hurts

6.2K 302 143
By may46117

~Sakura's POV

After speaking with Sasuke I ran- well limped away from him. I could feel his stare but that was the least of my worries at the moment.

He can stand there all day and just stare at me, I don't care. Well maybe I'd care a little bit, I mean his family would be worried sick. But that's not the point.

I was late, really late.

And God knows what happens when I'm late to get home.

"I still don't get how you call that place a 'home'. Cause you know, it's supposed to be 'Home sweet home'? Like it's all warm and inviting but that place is just-"

'That doesn't matter right now inner! We just need to focus on getting there as fast as we can' I told her.

"You're right, I know. Oh don't forget to take a left here!"

'Thanks, I almost forgot'

"Yeah, just...keep going so we can get this over with..."

And with that she disappears back into the depths of my mind. Like she always does when this happens.

I continue to limp my way there, the house in sight and only a few hundred meters away.

I look up to the sky and see its purple like colour. Fear finds its way inside me, an unsettling feeling inside my bones. My heart race quickens and I find it hard to breath.

It was, what? Sometime near six, seven o'clock? I was a good three hours late. I'm expected-ordered to be back at three-thirty everyday. Even if I was late by a minute, a minute. I'd be punished. Imagine what would happen if I was an hour late? How about, three?

I stop right at the front door, and find my hand hovering over the metal door knob. The door was the only thing separating me, and them. And right now, I'm debating whether or not I should even open it.

But there are just some things you have to do. No matter how much you don't want to.

I took a deep shaky breath.

'Here goes...'

I clasp the small knob in my hand and slowly turn it until hearing a light 'click'. I push the wooden door open and I'm welcomed by darkness.

I hesitantly walk through the door and into the house. Not a single light was burning, just pitch black.

I walk until I'm about two meters away from the door I had just walked in from. And then I hear a creaking sound, the same sound the door made when it opened. Meaning that something or someone had closed it.

"And just where have you been??" A malicious man's voice asks from behind me.

I gulped.

Before I can reply another voice speaks up.

"Don't you know what time it is??" A feminine voice asks.

The lights flicker on.

In front of me, is a women with short blonde hair. She stands a good two feet over me, towering over my small form. Her lips are curved into sickeningly sweet smile, her blue eyes gleaming with something unknown but terrifying.

I turn my head slowly back to the door.

And in front of it is a man taller then women. His unusual pink hair stands up in different directions. An evil smile playing on his lips and his eyes bore into me. Promising pain.

I was surrounded, trapped within my own home. I was petrified, aware of the immense pain that I was about to endure in the very near future.

And what was worse, there was nothing I could about it. But just let it happen.

"M-Mom and Dad I-"

"What gives you the right to call us that?!" My father yells at me.

I flinch at his words.

I feel a great impact on my stomach resulting in a crack. I bend over in pain from the blow and cough up blood.

What was worst of all.

"You shouldn't have even been born!!" My mother shouts.

What made the pain all the more excruciating.

I fall to floor. And before I can even blink I feel a sharp kick landing on my side. And then another, and another and another, and another, and another...

"You don't deserve to live!!" Yells my father as he joins in with my mother and begins to kick me brutality as well.

What makes the hurtful words more heart breaking.

"Worthless!"

Another kick.

"Pathetic!"

And another.

"Waster of space!"

I curl up into a ball, my hands clutching my head as I brace for the relentless hits.

Is that it's my own parents are the ones who do it to me.

They continue to kick me all over, not letting up in the slightest. Cruel words fall on my ears, filled with hatred and disdain.

I can feel the blood spilling from the many cuts along my body, the aching from the aggravated bruises and the new ones that were forming.

"I'm s-s-sor-ry!" I cry out.

Hoping that maybe they will forgive me or at least show a little mercy.

"Sorry?!? SORRY?!? YOU SHOULD BE SORRY FOR BEING BORN!!" My mother yells back at me.

And if possible the hard kicks, became harder. More aggressive but most all, more painful.

My heart felt like it was shattering, it was battered beyond recognition just like my body. It ached from the betrayal, the betrayal of trust, the betrayal of family.

It hurt. It hurt so much. I couldn't bare it, it was insufferable, unendurable. It felt like my heart was ripped out of chest then torn to shreds before stuffing back into me.

"P-P-Please.." I say softly, though it was inaudible from the smacking noise the kicks made against my body.

"...Stop..." I say a little louder.

I feel something warm prickle in the corners of my eyes.

"...I-It Hurts..."

Then suddenly the kicking stops.

I was confused, they never stop at this. Usually the beating lasts an hour or two. Maybe my prayer was answered, maybe my plea was heard.

Then I feel a large hand grip tightly around my throat until I'm hoisted in the air. My legs and feet dangle below me as my hands grab hold of the hand. Trying to pull it down.

I can hardly breath, the hand was squeezing hard on my wind pipe. My lungs not receiving any air.

I look down the arm that was attached to the hand and gaze into the eyes of my father. A wicked smile on his lips as he watched my struggle against his grip.

Him finding utter joy in my suffering, happy about the pain he was causing me. From behind me I can hear my mother laughing, she too enjoying my torture.

Then my father slams me into the wall, my back colliding hard against the pale blue drywall. He applies more pressure against my neck and my vision begins to blur.

I feel the drops of blood slowly falling down my body, leaving stains on my pale yet mutilated skin in its wake.

And BAM.

A punch is sent to my gut, and one packed with lots of force. Then it's followed by another, and another, and another, and well...you should be able to figure it out how goes.

They just kept hitting me repeatedly, relentless, viscously.

And no matter how long it goes on, no matter how many times they do it. I'll never be used to it, it will always hurt. Just as much, or more then the first time they did it.

My heart will always feel like dying, and my body will constantly feel the pain from the many blows I've received.

Why are they doing this to me?

What had I'd done to deserve this?

What would make them want to do this?

Why do they find so much enjoyment from hurting me?

I do not know.

These questions constantly plague my mind, but never have they been answered. No matter how I think about it, there's just no reason.

But what I do know is that, no one can know. No one can know what happens behind closed doors.

My vision begins to fill with these purple like spots all round. Knowing full well what this meant I began to struggle in panic slightly. Though I could hardly move from the pain my body was racked with.

I'm lifted from the wall, but the hand never once loosened its grip from my neck. Until my father throws me across the room, my body crashing into the oak wood staircase that lead upstairs.

I hear footsteps walk in the opposite direction, the sound slowly fading as the distance grows larger.

I let out a groan of pain.

I greedily take in the air until breaking into a coughing fit. Spitting out some more blood in the process.

After it subsides I try to get up but even the littlest movement sends waves pain through my body. Moving would be proven extremely difficult, even more so then earlier with those bullies.

I push myself up off the floor after a few tries, my arms and legs having given out on me multiple times. But finally I rise to my feet and hold onto the railing for dear life.

I climb the stairs slowly, the wooden steps creaking under my weight. After reaching the top I limp towards my room, holding onto the wall as I go.

I push open my door and was welcomed by a very quaint and sparse room.

It was roughly seventy square feet. In the corner of the room was a pile of thin yellow blankets and a pathetic excuse for a pillow. Also known as my bed. Beside it was an oil lamp that I used to read my books with.

In another corner was a modestly large box, it containing my clothes. Another smaller box beside it, it containing some of my other few things. Which also included my medical supplies.

I walked over to it and pulled out all the medical equipment.

First, I pull off my long sleeve shirt that was ripped and soaked with my blood. Revealing the many, many fresh and old wounds. As well as scars from past beatings.

Next, with a cloth I scrub off all the blood on my skin and clean the wounds. Then proceeding to take out the gauze and wrap up the larger ones. The smaller ones I simply use a bandaid.

After finishing patching myself up I clean up my things and place them back in its respective box. Then opening the larger box and pulling out a new shirt.

It was a grass green t-shirt that showed off my now bandaged arms. The skin that wasn't covers up with the bandages was marred and darkened.

I walk over to the pile of blankets- my bed and slip under the covers. I grab hold of the petite pillow and place it under my head.

I close my emerald eyes.

'My life may not be ideal, or good for that matter. But it's my life and I just have to make due with what I got...'

"Goodnight Mom and Dad, goodnight Naruto, goodnight everyone, sweet dreams..." I whisper aloud.

Then I slowly fall asleep.

__________________________

Now you know what Sakura is going through and her situation at home. Some of you may have already figured it out before hand, or you all knew cause I made it extremely obvious.

I'm going to be totally honest. While I was reading it over I was listening to a very sad song and I literally cried.

Because it reminded me of an old friend of mine who was abused by her parents and she would always come to school with bruises. And one day I confronted her about and all she did was deny for the longest time until she couldn't take it anymore and broke down in front of me.

She cried her eyes out in my shoulder and I was at a lose for words. She was the girl who always smiled you know? The one who didn't let words get to her and always saw the brighter side of things. Always someone else's comfort. She was as strong as they come and there she was balling her eyes out.

It broke my heart seeing her like. And on that day I had convinced her to go to the police about it and she did. They arrested them a few days later. And she was put into child services and moved away. I haven't seen her since

My story is based off of what happened to her and I hope she is doing okay.

Anyway...Uh...Comment and please vote.

Thanks for reading!

~May🌺

Number of words: 1888

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

702 12 21
"The world is grey, it's simple, nothing can be trusted. For a child like me, who can I trust in this place with everything trying to take my life? T...
558K 33.3K 42
𝗠𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲 BOOK 1 γ€ŽI'm tired of seeing a world full of itself. Why can't you understand that there's no black or white?』 Sakura never thought she wou...
59.9K 1.4K 33
Boruto: Ha! *smirk at Naruto* since mom isn't at home now! tell me how you get her like truly in love with her!! Naruto: na-nani!? *look at Boruto wi...
223K 13.1K 23
Sakura was tired. So very tired. And it's not even the type of tired you feel after a sleepless night. Or the type you feel after exercising. It's a...