Lethal Love

De lovesapphirexx

He's a murderer, I think. But I also think I'm falling. And I think I'm falling pretty fast and pretty hard t... Mais

0 ; Prologue
1 ; You Snooze, You Lose
2 ; Crash and Burn
3 ; A Pine Forest
4 ; My Neck is Off Limits
5 ; A Green Car
6 ; Defeat Overcomes Him
7 ; Almost Like Magic
8 ; Act Sober
9 ; The Devil
10 ; I Need It
11 ; They Keep Falling
12 ; Kitty Got Claws
13 ; I Don't Care
14 ; Too Intimate
15 ; Careful Doll-Face
16 ; Thanks Romeo
17 ; Fallen Angels
18 ; A Fraction of a Moment
19 ; Perfect Blanket
20 ; Golden Beam
21 ; I Just Know
22 ; It's a Promise
23 ; This is Flying
24 ; Three Words
26 ; Bitches Bite Back
27 ; Confess Your Love
28 ; Stars
New book!

25 ; Two Broken Hearts

7.3K 200 10
De lovesapphirexx

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

The words echo through my mind several times. His lips graze my ear and cheek as he leans back. Our eyes meet but I can't do anything but look at him. Say it back! My mind screams for me to do something. Anything.

But the moment is broken all too soon and my window of opportunity closes when Jackson backs away from me.

He turns to Tyler and I see his back tense up.

"Do it," he says.

My eyes widen. "No!" I scream. But it's already too late.

Jackson is pushed back by the force of Tylers' punch. He staggers but manages to keep his footing, wiping a smear of blood along his bottom lip. I can tell he's angry. The veins on his arms stand out. But he doesn't act on it. He just stands there.

"What are you waiting for? Just beat him already." Sebastian chides, humor lacing his voice. "Oh and if you hold back, I won't hesitate to shoot your sister," he adds. 

And that's all the motivation he needs. Tyler lunges at him again. I can practically hear his bones breaking whenever Tyler lands a punch or kick. Jacksons groans of pain are mixed with my own sobs of protest. Jackson is now on the ground in a fetal position, barely even holding on to his consciousness. Blood leaks through his lips and his eyes are slowly falling shut.

"Stop! Please..." My scratchy and hoarse voice fills the room.

Tyler is breathing heavily as he stands over Jackson, his back facing me. His knuckles are covered in blood. 

I squirm in my chair, pulling and tugging at the ropes that are painfully cutting into my skin. Sebastian comes up behind me and I tense up, feeling his breath on my neck.

"Shhh kitten. Sit still and enjoy the show."

I feel bile rise up in my throat at his voice. "Why?" I ask. "Why are you doing this?" My voice comes out weaker than I wanted. 

Tyler turns to look at us. Sebastian laughs as if this is funny. As if it doesn't even matter. He walks slowly in front of me.

"I told you. I need him." Sebastian nods his head in Jacksons direction.

"Then why are you killing him?!" I ask, anger seeping through. 

Sebastian smiles innocently. "Don't be so dramatic dear. I would never kill the guy. No. I need him alive."

I look at the guy crumpled up on the floor. His eyes keep closing and opening again and his skin is coated in a sheen of sweat mixed with blood. Half his face is covered in blood. And his body is bruised black and blue.

"Come on Tyler. One last kick."

Tyler glares at Sebastian and clenches his fists. But then Sebastian points the gun at me and I feel myself freeze up, eyes widening.

Tyler turns to Jackson again and tears are already flowing from my eyes. I close them just in time to block out the vision of Tyler punching Jackson again. But I can still hear it. This time it sounds like Jacksons skull just broke in half. 

I open my eyes hesitantly and see an unconscious Jackson lying still on the floor. I don't know if it's a scream or sob that escapes my mouth but I don't care. All I care about right now is the love of my life, lying lifeless on the cold hard ground. My breath comes out in short pants as I continue to tug against the ropes, feeling them dig even deeper into my skin but never giving after and breaking.

My ears are filled with my own sobs and Sebastians' sick and sadistic laugh. He says something to Tyler but I don't catch it. Then he leaves. 

Once the real devil is out of the room Tyler scurries to untie me.

"Keep still!" he says, trying to undo the knots.

But I don't comply and it makes the task harder for Tyler. But I'm too frantic to care or calm down. A minute later I'm kneeling down beside Jackson. Tears continue to fall down my cheeks and they spill onto his face.

"Jackson, please... Wake up... Jackson..." I carefully lift his head onto my lap.

His eyes are closed. A cut on his bottom lip. A cut in his eyebrow. An open wound on his left cheek. A puddle of blood and tears beneath us.

And two broken hearts beating in sync.

I continue to whisper to him, begging him to wake up. Tyler leans down, placing two fingers on his neck.

"His pulse is steady. He'll be fine. We need to leave." Tyler has an impassive look on his face and he stands up.

"Why isn't he waking up?" I continue stroking Jacksons hair, as if it somehow will bring him comfort even though he's unconscious. 

"I didn't punch him hard enough to give him a concussion so relax. He just needs to rest and we need to leave."

"No." 

"Adeline, you have to!"

I don't reply. Tyler sighs, frustrated. "I'll give you five minutes. If you're not out by then I'll drag you out myself."

I  still don't reply.

I hear someone gasp and then I hear footsteps coming closer. "Oh my God what happened here?" I don't even need to look up to know it was Hailee who said it. I would ask what she's doing here but I don't care. I don't care about any of it. I just want Jackson to wake up. I need him to wake up.

"I told you to wait outside." I see Tyler holding onto Hailee, preventing her from coming closer. 

"You were taking too long. And then I saw a guy leaving so I though't it'd be safe now anyways."

Tyler sighs. "Five minutes Addy. Come on Hailee."

They both leave and I'm left in silence.

"Jackson, please. Just wake up. I need you to wake up." When he doesn't even move a single muscle I bite my lip to prevent myself from crying out loud again. 

You're pathetic.

Stop!

This is all your fault.

Stop it!

None of this would've happened if it wasn't for you.

Please just shut up!

I feel another set of tears well up in my eyes. But I don't let them fall. Instead, I lean down. I kiss Jackson on the lips, not caring if they're bloody and swollen.

My lips move softly, wanting him to kiss me back. Wishing a true loves kiss would wake him up.

But this isn't a fairytale. So Jackson doesn't wake up.

I pull back, letting my lips hover for a second. 

"I love you too," I whisper.

Then I get up and walk out of the room, leaving my heart on the ground, next to the boy lying there unconscious, hoping he'll find it when he wakes up.

...

You know that feeling when you're actually excited about a class because you know your crush will sit next to you?

That is what I'm feeling right now. My palms are sweaty and I keep glancing at the door and the empty desk beside me. He should be here by now.

"Okay class," Miss Ellis says. "Let's start todays lesson."

And my hope dies. 

He doesn't show up to class at all. And when I look for him during lunch hour he's nowhere to be found. 

"I'm sure he's fine," Hailee says.

We're at her locker, getting ready to leave because the day is over.

"What if he hasn't woken up yet. What if he never did?" 

"It's only been a few days."

Hailee continues going through her locker, placing books inside while taking out others.

"Relax. He's probably just taking some time off. I mean, he did get beaten unconscious and lose you on the same day."

"He hasn't lost me..." I mumble. 

Hailee slams her locker shut and I jump a little, surprised at her sudden snappy attitude.

"You know you can't see him again, right?"

I look away but Hailee grabs my shoulders and I have to look at her. "You know it's not safe. I don't want anything to happen to you again. Do you know how scared I was when Jackson called and said you were gone? I thought we'd find you dead in a ditch somewhere."

I roll my eyes. "It wasn't that dramatic."

"Yes. It was."

I sigh. I know she's just worried about me. And I know she's right. Whenever I close my eyes I see him again. I see Sebastian holding a gun to my head and I see Jackson lying still on the ground and I see Tyler punching him.

I shouldn't be mad at Tyler. It wasn't his fault. He had no choice. I know that. But still, I'm furious.

And I hate myself for it.

Hailee and I walk to her car without saying a word. But once we're inside I can't keep it in any longer.

"Are you and my brother back together?" I look at her. She avoids eye contact, keeping her vision on the road, and I can tell it took her off guard.

"Why would you think that?" She avoids my question and feigns surprise.

"You know why."

"No, I don't." Her posture is too stiff.

"I know you were with him the night everything happened because how else would you know? I highly doubt Jackson would've called you for help. No offense. So you must've been with Tyler when he got the call."

Hailee is silent for a while and I sigh, crossing my arms and leaning my body away from her.

"I just didn't know how to tell you." Her voice is silent and I turn and face her again.

"Hailee, you know you can tell me everything."

"Then why didn't you tell me about your problems at home?" She retorts immediately.

Her question silences me. How does she know about that? Realization hits me. Tyler must've told her. And now I understand why she sounds so hurt. It must've sucked hearing it from him first when they weren't even together. We were supposed to tell each other everything.

I sigh. "I guess I just didn't want it to be real. I didn't want any of it to be real... I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

Hailee takes a hand off the wheel and grabs mine, squeezing it lightly. "It's okay. I get it. But from now on, no more secrets. Deal?"

I smile and squeeze her hand back. "Deal."

She smiles and looks my way for a short second.

"But then can you explain what's going on between you and my brother?"

Hailee takes a deep breath. "Tyler came to my place a little over a week ago. He told me your father was home and that he didn't want to deal with him. And when I asked him why, he told me what had been going on..."

I don't reply, feeling a tinge of hurt pass through me, remembering how we had faught.

Hailee continues."We kind of- eh... You know... We worked it out." She shifts uncomfortably but a smile graces her features.

"So you're together now?" I ask, hope lacing through my voice.

Her smile falters and she shakes her head. "No," she says. 

"Why?" 

"The same reason you and Jackson aren't together," she replies.

"Sebastian?" I ask and she nods.

"After he had beaten Jackson, Sebastian told Tyler he wouldn't allow him to have any weaknesses. He said that if he did, then he would find it and get rid of it."

I don't say anything. There's nothing to say. Nothing that can make it better.

I laugh sarcastically. "When did love become so lethal?"

---

A/N:

Hey! Hope you've had a great week. And I hope you liked this chapter :)

I honestly can't wait till this book is finished so I can edit and rewrite it lol. I just think certain parts of this could really use it.

I have no/verylittle homework this week, so I'll try to do a mid-week update ;) But no promises though.

xoxo

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.7M 61.5K 47
*UNDER MAJOR EDITING* Book #1 of The Mafia Leaders Series Jules Salvatore knows what it means to be afraid. To run from trauma and pain. And she neve...
102K 2K 37
Janis, a 24-years old general surgeon, finally had everything she wanted in her life. Peace. She didn't know that signing an exclusive contract to be...
36.1K 873 52
A high trained Assassin is betrayed by her former lover, also known as the Royal's Son. The story takes place in Elisora, known for it's dark secrets...
614K 13.7K 42
Hazel Rose, a beautiful 19 year old girl living with a mysterious and dark past that no one knows of. But her life changes when Xavier Knight ,the ki...