Old Friends (Gaara Love Story)

By gaaraloverstorm3000

Gaara and Miera were childhood friends. But something pulled them apart, something only Miera knows. When the... More

Old Friends (Gaara Love Story)
General Character & Story Overview
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Pt 10
Pt 11
Pt 12
Pt 13
Pt 14
Pt 15
Pt 16
Pt 17
Pt 18
Pt 19
Pt 21
Pt 22
Pt 23
Pt 24
Pt 25
Pt 26
Epilogue
News

Pt 20

1.9K 81 2
By gaaraloverstorm3000

Miera's POV

I took a step back, gasping slightly.

I had taken my time so that I could hopefully avoid him, not collide head on with him.

But still, something in me was happy to see him again.

I took a few more steps back as he stepped towards me.

“Miera,” he said softly.

“G…Gaara,” I stuttered.

“Why are you running from us?” he asked.

“Didn’t you read the message? I’m a monster. I’m not to be loved. You don’t know most of the horrible things I do, without even considering the consequences. I’m an S-ranked criminal. I can’t see you guys again,” I said, turning away slightly.

He went to grab my wrist, but my sand blocked it.

“Stay here. I don’t care how evil you’ve become, I want you to stay with me,” he said quickly.

I started to walk away.

“Miera, please!” he called out.

I didn’t turn back to him.

I felt tears in my eyes, and wished I didn’t have to do this.

“Miera,” he said softly.

At last, I stopped walking.

“Gaara, this may be the last time we see each other. I’m no longer in control of my life, and if the Akatsuki are done with me, I’ll let them do as they wish,” I sighed.

“What do you mean?” he asked, his voice small.

“I agreed that I would do whatever the Akatsuki asked me to, and that I have done. I get my own percs, but my actions are not my own choice. I do what I am told, without consideration of the consequences. When they decide that it is time for Shukaku to be extracted from me, I shall not argue,” I said softly.

I sensed him step towards me slowly.

“Please. Stay,” he said.

I shook my head, still not turning to him.

“I am sorry. This is my choice,” I said.

“Miera...,” he started.

“For future reference, do not call me Miera. I am not that person. I am now Iseki. No other name suits me,” I cut him off.

(A/N. Iseki means Ruin)

He stared after me as I walked away.

Yes, Iseki would suit me perfectly.

Ruin.

That's all I did.

Ruin the lives of others.

And ruin my own life.

Gaara POV

As I watched her, she suddenly stopped walking, and turned her head to look at me.

“Gaara, never lose hope. Don't let yourself be controlled by others. Protect lives, don't ruin them. Don't be like me,” she said softly.

“You don't ruin lives,” I said quickly.

“How would you know? Do you know how many people I have murdered and killed, rewarding myself with the taste of their blood? No, you don't! That's why I can't stay. The need, the urge to drink blood is too high. I can't control it anymore. You would be gone almost instantly. I'm protecting you, and your siblings,” she shouted angrilly, fire in her eyes.

I sighed. I didn't know what to say.

“When my time is over, I will come to you to say farewell. Until then, I wish you the best,” she said.

She teleported away with her sand, leaving me to watch specks of her sand float away in the wind.

Iseki.

A new name even.

Why was this happening to her?

I couldn't bear it any longer.

It was too hard.

In the middle of the street, with my people around me, I broke down in tears, falling to my knees.

“Gaara!!” I heard Temari behind me, echoed by Kankuro.

My dearest Miera.

She was no longer Miera.

My only love was gone.

Iseki POV

(A/N. Now that she is Iseki, I'll be calling her that.)

I joined Kisame and Itachi as soon as possible.

I corrected them when they went to call me Miera, and we continued on our way to the new hideout (Sakura had destroyed the old one).

Pain greeted me.

“How is life with Shukaku, cousin?” he asked when we were alone in his office.

“Empty. It pulls me away from everyone I care about. Also, it's suspended my powers as a Thief,” I said, not looking at him.

“Kisame said you changed your name. Why is that?” he asked.

“Miera was a happy girl, trying her best for the betterment of others. Orders were optional to her. I am no longer that person. Shukaku took my emotions away, but when he gave them back, I was even further away from the past. Now, I cause more pain that I do joy. I ruin the lives of my foes. I follow every order, even if I am told to kill myself. This person, the remains of Miera, is the cause of much pain, sorrow, and ruin. Thus, she is Ruin – Iseki,” I said.

“Hmm. I hear you visited your friends. What happened?”

“The first time, I had no emotions. They tried to convince me to stay, but I would not. The second time, they again tried to convince me to stay. I told them not to follow in my footsteps, and left them behind. I shall not see them again until I know that my end is near,” I said.

“I see. And are you prepared to give up you life?”

“As I said, I will follow every order, even if I must end my own life.”

He dismissed me, and I went to my room, where I slept for a long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

668K 20.8K 74
️️⭐️1st Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [for canon/OC pairing] Category⭐️ "The crystal is clear and no one notices it, but when it fi...
62.4K 2.1K 34
I never wanted to lose to anybody and I never experienced it until I met you. You told me that you are absolute. I didn't believe it until I tasted d...
185K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
12.2K 680 21
I am moving my fanfics over from QuoteV so you might have read this already =P For those of you who haven't please enjoy! A young girl and her family...