Mate?

By Real_Diana_Vazquez

Rachel Adrian Steele was the daughter of a powerful Alpha, Johnston Alvin Steele, who was the alpha of one of... More

WARNING: BEFORE YOU READ
Chapter 1: Mate?
Chapter 2: Now
Chapter 3: The Beta has a son
Chapter 4: Did I Miss Something?
Chapter 5: Date
Chapter 6: Brother
Chapter 7: Finally Home
Chapter 8: School
Chapter 9: Problem?
Chapter 10: Office
Chapter 11: Date?
Chapter 12: Park
Chapter 13: Surprise
Chapter 14: Party
Chapter 15: Why Me?
Chapter 17: Confused
Chapter 18: Your Lying
Chapter 19: Okay, Wait what?
Chapter 20: Yes I'll Be Your Mate
Chapter 22: If Only
Chapter 23: 'Family Reunion' Part l
Chapter 23: 'Family Reunion' Part ll
Chapter 24: Explain, Please
Chapter 25: Vincent? But?...
Chapter 26: Confessions
Chapter 27: Home
Chapter 28: Life Goes On
Epilogue

Chapter 16: Let Me Think

35.1K 1K 266
By Real_Diana_Vazquez

Adam's POV

So I finished my Holocaust project and my math, social studies, and I think that's pretty much it.

I know, I'm a nerd. But I don't care. I want a good career, not a job but a career. I don't know what to be though.

To shy to be a lawyer. To disgusted by blood to be a surgeon. And to scared to be a proper werewolf.

You see I disguise myself as a weak little nerd, so people will think of me as a, well nerd. I hate the fact that I'm a werewolf. I'm a freak of nature. I go against everything that science has taught me. It's so frustrating and I wouldn't be a freak if I hadn't gone out that one day. That was the day my life turned into a living hell.

~Flashback

I smirked and continued walking down the street. I had my hands in my jean pockets and was whistling a random tune. Nothing special.

You see, I was heading home after going over to a friend's house to "study". Of course we weren't studying at all. More like smoking and drinking. Although, not many people would expect this of me. To most people I'm your average, 15 year old.

I laughed at that thought.

Maybe not your average 15 year old, but a bit more on the bad boy side. I wore darker colours, but not enough to make me a bad guy. I didn't dye my hair black or put colour in it.

Maybe it was just my attitude. I was cocky, egoistic, and overall confident. And a lot of girls liked it.

To bad I'm gay.

I chuckled and continued walking down the street, I was becoming irritated with how long this walk was. I could've sworn the walk from my friends house to mine was closer.

I shrug it off, "Maybe I could use the short cut." I thought out loud.

Of course the short cut had to be through the overgrown woods. It's not scary, once you know the path.

I looked up from my feet as I neared the small patch of woods. I paused when I stood in front of them.

Should I go through it?
Well it's not like anything bad's going to happen.

I walk into them and look for the well worn-out path. Finding it quite easily I began to follow it.

I went back to looking down at me feet kicking twigs and such.

Suddenly looking up when I heard a strange sound.

~End of Flashback

I cringed at the memory. Remembering all the blood. The way my limbs felt when they were being bitten.

They are complete savages.

I wasn't always this nerdy dude, I use to be normal-ish. Normal rank in popularity. Normal type of friends, give or take. Normal grades, and I even dressed normal, well for a bad boy.

But then after the 'incident' I decided to change my whole way of living.

So I moved schools, changed my wardrobe and changed my friends. I even got these huge geeky glasses, that I don't need, to pull the whole look together.

And it worked. I guess it's not the best life but I mean I don't want people to know that I'm one of them.

But all the werewolves know I'm one of them, they just choose to ignore me. All if the werewolves sit in a certain place at lunch, they all do the same things, even the omegas sit there. But I'm not one of them. I'm but a merely, harmless, rogue.

So I just go to the furthest corner in the cafeteria and eat there. Well most of the time I just go to the library but that's what I do. So you could say I'm a loner, but I don't care.

"Hey Adam! Is anyone there?" I blink a couple of times and look over to see who was taking to me. Rachel.

"Oh yeah sorry. I was just, thinking." I said turning my head to look over at her.

She gave me a small smile, and looked back at the board, where Mr. Stylinson was telling us about our projects and how proud he was with us because of our hard work. And other stuff like that.

I glanced at the clock and my eyes widen, realising it's already 6th period that means I have lunch next.

I would rather stay here and learn more about history than go and get picked on even if that's my whole purpose of my disguise.

But of course, the bell still rings. I groan out loud and begin packing my things.

"Not a fan of lunch?" Rachel asked as she packed up her things as well, turning over to look at me.

"Hmm" was all I said and got my things. I got up and headed towards my locker, giving Rachel a small wave. Which she returned, with her usual sweet smile.

I was placing my things in my locker when I smelt his scent.

Oh no I need to leave, like now. So I grabbed my bag of chips and hurried over to the library. I bumped into a couple of students, murmuring "sorry" every now and then.

I sighed happily when I finally made ot to the Library safe and sound.

Then I made myself towards the farthest corner, and in between two shelves and let out another sigh of relief.

I lost him, thank goodness. I smiled and scanned through the books that were on the shelves looking for something interesting to read while I eat my chips. When I found something I sit down with my back on the shelf and begin to read.

Rafael's POV

I see him, putting his stuff in his locker. He looks so calm and relaxed. I smile and begin to approach him. Maybe he won't run away. Then he looks up and grabs a bag of chips and leaves.

Hmm guess I spoke to soon, or more like thought.

I let him get a head start, but I follow him close behind. Just not close enough to where he can smell me. I watch him as he enters the library. I watch as he picks out a book and sits down. (Because that's not stalkerish at all.)

And I watch as he slowly begins to eat as his eyes scan over the book in such great interest. I slowly walk over to him. He looks so calm and at ease. Well here goes nothing.

"Hey Adam." Simple but effective, hopefully.

He jumped and looked up at me with panic in his eyes. He looked behind me and then back at me. He was literally shaking. He scooted to the corner trying to get as far away from me as possible.

"P-p-please don't hurt me. Just leave me alone. Please?" he stuttered putting his hands in front of his face. I knelt down in front of him and pulled his hands down softly.

"Adam, I would... I would never think of hurting you please just give me a chance. Please I don't want to loose you I really do want you." I softly pleaded placing his hand on my cheek looking into his eyes.

He looked at me then down at the floor but not removing his hand off of my cheek. I could see him biting the inside of his cheek and he had a thinking look on him.

"Please?" I asked one more time.

Giving him my biggest, puppy eyes I could make. He looked at me and his face soften. He nodded slowly.

"But promise me you won't leave me?" he said more like a question.

I nodded and took his hand off my cheek and kissed it softly. He blushed a little and looked down. I smiled. he looks so cute. I just wish he wouldn't question my love for him.

Why can't he see that I love him? Well at least he's giving me a chance, right?

"Rafael, do you um really want to be with me? I mean I'm not the best looking person. And I'm pretty sure you could get one of those-" I cut him off with a kiss.

His lips were so soft yet rough. At first he didn't kiss back he was just still. But he slowly started kissing me back and it was the best damn kiss I have ever had.

Dylan's POV

I looked at the documents on my desk, sighing. These are of no use for me, I growled and shoved them off my desk.

I put my elbows my the desk and dragged my hands over my face. I stayed like for a couple of moments.

Only looking up, because the door opened.

The person, walked in, until the stood directly in front of my desk.

"Sir, Rafael chose the nerd. He didn't fall for the girl." He spoke firmly.

I let out another growl and slammed my palms on the desk and standing up.

"I thought you said you had this under control. Damn it, Mason. Now how the hell are we going to get both of them?" I growled and pulled on my hair.

Mason just gave me an evil smirked and leaned in. "Don't worry, I located their siblings."

He then pulled back and crossed his arms.

I gaped at him before smiling, "This will be interesting to watch." I smirked as well and then sitting back down on my chair.

Oh sweet Rafael and Rachel, you better watch your backs.

I looked back up at Mason, "Make Rachel yours, make sure she is completely vulnerable to you. And get my son out of the picture."

A look of guilt passed through his eyes, but it was gone before I could register it. He nodded and gave me one last look before he walked out.

************************

Hope you liked this chapter, and sorry it took so long. Anyway so I added new things and I think it worked out quite well, also please go check out my new book, Give Me Love. I really like it and I want it to get more reads, and hopefully you all will like it as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 437 31
*BOOK ONE IN THE RAISED SERIES* Growing up without a home or a family is hard for most people. Even harder for some. But Cassiel never really minded...
90.3K 4.2K 22
READ BOOK ONE MY MATE.....THE NERD FIRST Lucas King, the oldest son of Alphas Dimitir and Bennett King, is not your typical 15 year old teenager. Wh...
335K 8.7K 24
Benjamin is found in the forest while it's raining, cold and weak. A werewolf Alpha comes across him while patrolling the land and immediately knows...
954K 24.4K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...