Firecracker

By Macbeth-845

Apart, they were corrosive. Together, they were explosive. And somehow, they are forced to navigate the inbet... More

Synopsis ✔️
-Prolouge-✔️
-1- ✔️
-2-✔️
-3- ✔️
-4- ✔️
-5- ✔️
-6- ✔️
-7- ✔️
-8- ✔️
-9- ✔️
-10- ✔️
-11- ✔️
-12- ✔️
-13- ✔️
-14- ✔️
-15- ✔️
-16- ✔️
-17- ✔️
-18- ✔️
-19- ✔️
-20- ✔️
-21-✔️
-22-✔️
-23-✔️
A/N: Please Read✔️
24 ✔️
25 ✔️
-26-✔️
-27- ✔️
-28- ✔️
- Authors Note - ✔
-29- ✔️

-Epilouge- ✔️

3.9K 138 51
By Macbeth-845

-  14 months later   -

THERE WAS A KNOCK AT MY DORM ROOM DOOR, AND WITH A FINAL GLANCE at my book, I stood up, adjusting my pony tail and walking over to the door.

"Hey Miley," my roommate, Sophie, entered, a couple bags and a pizza box in her hands. She placed the bags on the circular glass table we used as a dining table and handed me the pizza box, and I shut the door behind her.

"I thought it was my turn to pick up dinner" I shook my head playfully as I helped her unpack the bags of groceries as I placed the pizza on the table.

She chuckled, "It was. But this pizza was just outside the door"

I furrowed my brows at her, "Wait, what?"

She shrugged, "Yeah, the box was just sitting on the hall table outside"

I laughed, still confused, "So you're just going to eat a pizza you found outside?" I watched as she took two plates from the cupboard and stood at the table, handing me one.

She shrugged again, "I'm hungry, you're hungry, why can't we just eat already" she chuckled a bit, opening the box.

"There's... there's only one slice" We both frowned, looking at the single pepperoni sausage slice in the box.

"And a note," Sophie took back our plates and put them on the counter, coming back over and taking the tapped note out of the box.

She unfolded it and read it aloud, "'Forever and always missing you xxx' That's cute, I guess," she showed me the note, "If we knew who it was"

I took the note from her immediately, knowing exactly who had written this, "I know exactly who this is"

Without waiting for Sophie's questions, I gabbed a hoodie from my bed, "Don't wait up for me!" I called over my shoulder.

"I'm eating the pizza!" she called back as the door closed, and I laughed to myself as I rushed down the main stairs, rushing through the dormitory lobby doors just in time to see a familiar figure opening a limo door, about to get in.

"Michael!" I called out, and he turned immediately at the sound of his name.

His eyes met mine, and a ghostly smile graced his lips as he closed the limo door and turned to face me fully. I wasted no time in running over to him, jumping into his open arms and wrapping my arms around his neck tightly.

His arms went around my waist, lifting me off the concrete before he slowly lowered me back down, my thin socked feet feeling the slight chill of the pavement sending a small chill up my spine.

"Oh my gosh it's been foreve--Damn, you clean up nice" I laughed as we let go of each other, my eyes looking over his suit-clad body.

He laughed as well, his eyes glinting with an emotion I was all too familiar with.

Love.

"I've missed you," his smile was genuine, "I miss, you"

I smiled back at him, my hand finding one of his, and I laced our fingers together, "I miss you too"

"How's school going?" he asked, giving my hand a small squeeze.

I ran my free hand through my hair, "Indefinite torture. It's great" I laughed, "How's your company?"

He shrugged, the mood dampening ever so slightly, "Harder than I thought, but... I don't know, I guess I'm managing?" It sounded more like a question than a statement, and I squeezed his hand back comfortingly.

"Look, Miley," he sucked in a breath, "I didn't come here for nothing"

I furrowed my brows yet smiled slightly, "I kinda figured from the pizza you brought by. What's up?"

He looked away before looking back, "I'm getting engaged again"

The words had me tensing, but why? I wasn't Michael's girlfriend, and we rarely spoke anymore. This was the first time I was seeing him in person in months, yet my heart still ached whenever I thought of him and what we could've been.

What I now knew I really wanted.

"O-oh"

"I didn't just come here to tell you that either," he continued on, holding on to my hand tighter, "Look, I still want to marry you"

The words were like music to my ears, and a ghost of a smile turned up the corners of my lips, "You do?"

"I know you said two years. To give you time and everything, but I don't have anymore time," he took my other hand in his, "I've stalled as long as I could with my parents, but I can't handle the Empire by myself anymore. And I know that I'm springing this all on you with no time to think about it, but I wanted to give you enough space to think about everything, like you wanted"

I nodded my head, understanding him completely.

"How much time do I have to decide?" I asked him, though I already had an answer for him.

"Considering I spent almost an hour standing outside your dorm door with that pizza and still didn't know how to knock?" he laughed, looking down at his watch before meeting my eyes again, "8 minutes before I have to catch a flight to London"

I rose a brow at him, "Only 8 minutes to decide my fate?"

"I thought that we had decided that I wasn't that bad," he playfully nudged me, before sighing, "Sorry for the short notice, and I hate to rush this. Seeing you has been great-"

"You're acting as if I'm saying no" I cut him off.

He frowned, "Y-you're not?"

I shook my head, "Could I still go to school to finish my bachelors?"

He slowly smiled, nodding his head, "Of course"

"Can I have a dog?"

He laughed, "If I have you, than absolutely"

"Can I be your boss?"

"That is where I draw the line, Firecracker"

I shook my head, smiling, "Than you've got your future soulmate"

Michael's smile widened by a tenfold, and he pulled me back into a hug again, burying his head in the crook of my neck, "What changed your mind?"

I didn't hesitate to answer, "I knew I wanted to be with you, I just wanted to make sure," I held him just as tightly, "No one else was better than you"

"Wait," he pulled away from me, frowning slightly, "You dated? How many guys? How long?-"

"Calm down," I giggled, rolling my eyes, "I didn't have to date anyone to know that they wouldn't measure up. I could feel it every time my roommate tried to set me up with someone"

He rolled his eyes, "I don't think I'm going to like her very much, if she's anything like..-"

"She's not," I reassured him, shaking my head, "Come meet her...Wait, don't you have a plane to catch?"

His eyes widened as he looked down at his watch again, "Shit! You're right!" He scrambled back over to the limo, stopped, then turned back around and gave me one last hug, using one hand to bring his lips to meet my own. Almost instantly, my lips were on fire, and my hands went to the collar of his shirt, not wanting to mess up his hair. He tilted his head ever so slightly, deepening the kiss, and we both smiled into it.

"Go," I broke the kiss to speak, "Or you'll miss your flight"

Ignoring my words, he shook his head with a playful grin, connecting our lips once more. I kissed him for a couple more seconds before pulling my head back again, straightening out the collar of his shirt. He settled his hands on my hips and I brought his head to my lips and kissed his cheek.

"I'll see you soon?" I asked him as he hugged me one last time. He nodded his head, his smile so big and bright that it made my heart swell with happiness, just seeing him that happy.

"I'll see you soon. I love you, Miley"

His words were music to my ears, and I knew that now, now I was ready.

"I love you, Michael"

- END-

----------

There you guys have it!!!!! The end of another one of my stories.

I can't thank you guys enough for all the votes and comments and reads! Just watching you guys enjoy something I created, and liking it, means the absolute world to me. You guys were always so patient and caring when I disappeared for a while, and you've been even more supportive on my other stories as well!

I am currently updating another book, The Bad Boys' Good Lips (TBBGL), and if you want to check it out, be my guest, I would appreciate it a ton. For those who have started reading it, are in love with it, which makes me happy.

I have other stories too, so feel free to hit those up as well, but it is completely up to you guys.

Again, thank you so so so so soooo much! It took me a while to feel comfortable with ending it like this, but I hope you liked the ending!

Until Next time!

~Macbeth-845😜😝😛😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 21.3K 30
Maddy was only thirteen when her father sent her to a boarding school in London. Now seventeen, she's back to her old life, or so she thought. Her Da...
3.2M 147K 52
**Winner of the 2016 Watty Awards in Visual Storytelling, and officially a Wattpad Featured Novel!** Two juniors in high school, each fresh...
35.6K 4.7K 33
Aria Matthews is in love with her best friend, Lucas Miller. It is the best kept secret since Area 51 and she knows she would take it to the grave. B...
2M 78.7K 49
Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It sucks for everyone. But her reason was tot...