Hunted (A Twilight Fanfic)

By oxfordugirl

My name is Chloe Dune and I was Bella Swan’s best friend. I lived beside her in Forks until I was 7, then my... More

Hunted (A Twilight Fanfic)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 15

9.8K 273 29
By oxfordugirl

     I woke the next morning to Bella arguing with someone. I stumbled out of bed and down the stairs to see Alice.

      “Hi Chloe,” she smiled. “Bella and I were just talking about the graduation party I’m having for both of you.” Bella shot her a glare. “Make sure you wear something nice, and sparkly.”

     “Ok, sure,” I forced a smile. Bella didn’t look very happy about the idea of a party.

     “How was prom?” Bella asked. “You went to bed before I could ask last night.”

      “It was fine,” I opened the fridge and pulled out the orange juice. “The decorations were great.”

     “Did you have fun with Jake?”

     I almost dropped the cup I was holding and I knew Alice noticed. Did I have fun with Jake? Absolutely, though fun is not exactly how I would describe it. “Yeah,” I said, “but he’s a horrible dancer.”

     Bella laughed, “thar does not surprise me.”

     “I better get going,” Alice said as she stood. “I’ll see you both at school tomorrow.”

     I nodded, “bye, Alice.”

     Bella stood shortly after Alice left, “I need to go too.”

     I finished me juice, “ok.”

     “Are you going to be ok here?”

     I rolled my eyes, “I’ll be fine. Really Bella, I can take care of myself. I have a few things I need to get done anyway.”

     Bella nodded and gathered up her things. “If you need anything, call.” I nodded, promising I would as she left. I was alone at last. I sprinted up the stairs to my room and grabbed my laptop.

     I had been researching werewolf and vampire legends for almost two hours when I heard the front door open. I knew it was Bella because Charlie had been home for almost an hour. I headed down stairs as I heard Jake. What was he doing here?

     “Bella,” my eyes widened when I reached the bottom of the stairs, her hand was swollen. “What happened to your hand?”

      “It hit something hard.” Bella shot Jake a glare.

     “I kissed her so she punched me,” he said, laughing slightly. I stared at him dumbly for a minute. He kissed her? How could he kiss her after last night, after what we would have done had we stayed in the water.

     “You better get some ice for that,” I pushed past Jake, giving him an icy glare and followed Bella into the kitchen.

     “He’s not coming to the party,” Bella spat as she put ice on her hand, wincing.

     “Ok,” I heard the front door close, he must have left. Maybe Charlie kicked him out. “Maybe you should get an x-ray. That looks pretty bad.”

     Bella looked down at her hand and sighed. “You’re probably right. I’ll have dad take me. I don’t know why he did, it’s like he just wanted me to be mad at him.”

      I just nodded, there wasn’t anything to say. Charlie walked into the kitchen, took one look at Bella’s hand and insisted on taking her to the hospital immediately.

     I waited until they left then headed back up stairs. How could he kiss her? Didn’t last night mean anything to him? I knew I told him there couldn’t be anything between us, but still he bounced back for that very quickly.

     I pushed my bedroom door open and stopped.

     “Interesting reading,” Jake said from where he was lounging on my bed, as if he belonged there. His eyes were on my laptop.

     “What are you doing here?” I demanded, shutting my laptop. I wasn’t even going to bother asking how he got in. He grabbed my hand and jerked me onto the bed, making me land only inches from him.

     “Trying to get you to realize that this can work.”

      I pulled my hand away. “By kissing Bella?”

     He sighed and sat up. “I needed to know something.”

     “What?” I glared at him. “If she uses tongue or not?”

     “No,” he smirked. “But that would be interesting to find out. I know you use tongue.” I felt my cheeks heat up with a blush. “I kissed her to see if I still had feelings for her, and I don’t.” He moved closer, sliding his hand onto my bare leg. I was regretting wearing shorts.  “And for the record,” he pulled me onto his lap. “You are a much better kisser.”

     I wiggled off him, doing my best not to touch him any more than I had to. “And you’re a big liar.” I rolled my eyes, ignoring his hand on my thigh, “Did you think you had a chance with both of us? You can’t have either of us.” Bella, because she was in love with (annoying) Edward, and me because, well, I was leaving in three weeks.

     His smirk grew as he inched his hand up my leg, until his fingers slid under my shorts. “That’s not how it felt last night.”

     “Last night was a mistake.” I forced myself to focus and not think about last night or what being this close to him was doing to me or how much I wanted to pounce on him and continue where we left off last night.

     He leaned closer until his lips almost touched mine. “Then why is your heart racing? Just like it did last night.”

      “I think it’s time for you to go.”

     “You don’t mean that.”

     “Yes, I do.” I leaned back, away from him, removing his hand from my leg. “Did you actually think I would hook up with you after you kissed Bella?” Even as I said it I knew that I wanted to and would, willingly, if only he hadn’t kissed Bella.

     He frowned, “no, but…I.”

     “You what?"

      He move off my bed and stood. “I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me.” But I knew he wasn’t sorry, I could see it in his eyes, he was sorry that I said no.

      I looked at him for a minute then stood. “Are you ok?”

     He looked out the window then back at me. “I don’t remember coming up here.”

      Something about the way he said it made me believe him. “Maybe you should sit down,” I suggested.

     He shook his head. “I can’t stay away from you, Chloe. It doesn’t matter what I do, I keep coming back to you.”

     “Jake, we can’t, even if I wanted to, it wouldn’t be fair to you.”

     He closed the distance between us, “I don’t care. I need you.” He took my small hand in his large one. “Please Chloe, this is killing me. I can’t think about anything but you.”

     I felt tears forming in my eyes; he wasn’t the only one this was killing. “I can’t.”

     “Why?” His hand moved to my hair.

     I closed my eyes, feeling a tear roll down my cheek. “Because saying goodbye to you is already going to break my heart, I won’t let it break yours too.”

     “Look at me,” his breath warm on my face, “Chloe, look at me.”

     I slowly opened my eyes, finding his face only inches from mine.

     “I lo”

     “Don’t,” I said silencing him. “Don’t say it.” I stepped back. “It’s not true, even if you think it is. You barely know me.” I shook my head, “you should go.”

     He stepped towards my open window. “I’m not giving up Chloe, I will never give up.”

     I didn’t say anything. He turned and jumped out the window. I collapsed onto my bed as he vanished into the woods.

A/N

So sorry I didn't post chapter 15 on Sunday, my laptop is having problems. But its fixed now!

Thank you for the comment and votes!!

I know that this chapter isn't as exciting as some of the others but I promise it will get more interesting soon. Also, it will be explained soon why Jake is acting weird.

Thoughts on this chapter? Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Teaser for next chapter: Chloe gets a suprise visitor

Next chapter will be dedicated to whoever comments first!

Chapter 16 will be up on Tuesday! But if I get 10 comments and 3 votes I'll post it on Sunday!

Remember to vote and comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 4K 14
Abigail thought she would have a normal life, well as normal as a vampire life could be but that all changed when her when family moved to forks once...
520K 9.9K 25
Bella Swan's cousin, Emma Jenkins, is visiting Forks, WA for the first time in three years. She was born a werewolf, but at the age of twenty she was...
Love Bites By ki

Fanfiction

78.8K 2.3K 20
Twilight x Reader ••• Your name is (Y/n) Swan. You just moved to Forks from Arizona, to live with your father, Charlie. On your first day back you de...
16.8K 423 11
Liam, a boy full of social anxiety, has lived in Forks for all of his life. He was the only person that was allowed to hang out with the Cullens. (Of...