The Billionaire Playboy's Bri...

By Meghana_N_S

Can be read as a STAND ALONE BOOK! "Sign!" He demanded. A signature. Just a signature's gonna change both ou... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: First Meeting
Chapter 2: The Proposition
Chapter 3: Her Plot!
Chapter 4: Shock! Not a Surprise.
Chapter 5: The Contract!
Chapter 6: Wedding Shopping!
Chapter 7: Negotiation!
Chapter 8: Life with Him?
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony & Reception!
Chapter 10: Wedding Night!
Chapter 11: Suspicions
Chapter 12: Intention?!
Chapter 13: Distance
Chapter 14: Him!
Chapter 15: Nowhere!
Chapter 16: New Entry
Chapter 17: Dinner & with Barbie
Chapter 18: Ex Bitch!
Chapter 19: Harsh Slap
Chapter 20: Affair with my Husband!
Chapter 21: Misunderstood Feelings
Chapter 22: Past Revelations!
Chapter 23: Divorce & Kidnap?
Chapter 24: Clarified Confusion!
Chapter 25: Accidents!
Chapter 26: Away from him.
Chapter 27: New Doubts...
Chapter 29: Confirmations..
Chapter 30: Last Chance...
Chapter 31: Mystery
Chapter 32: Abducted?
Chapter 33: Hope.
Chapter 34: Escape?
Chapter 35: Runaway Again.
Chapter 36: A Missing Puzzle
Chapter 37: Partial?
Chapter 38: Questions.
Chapter 39: Answers.
Chapter 40: Get together
Chapter 41: Locked.
Chapter 42: Ours..
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2

Chapter 28: Loud & Clear!

21.3K 802 41
By Meghana_N_S

Evelyn's POV

"Chrissy! I'm not doing this. If I had my doubts, then I'd first tell Nick and we'd do this together!" I hissed at her, but she still looked quite calm.

"Together?" She innocently asked while I stood glaring at her.
"See... you'd tell Nick if you had your doubts... and now you don't have any. You're sure that you're not with a baby then try it. What's there in trying?" She asked. 'What's there in trying?!' Well there's the entire problem. I do actually have my newfound doubts!

"Fine!" Let's get this over and done with.

Nicholas's POV

"Mark?" I said as I took the file.

"Yes Sir"

"Yes Sir"

I heard both of them say at the same time.
"Why don't you both change your names?!" I already had enough problems on my platter. I shook my head and got back to the problem at hand. "So, what does it say?" I asked opening the file.

"You were right sir.. if you could smell kerosene then it couldn't be wrong..." he trailed off leaving me to think who it could be.
The first time I heard Eve's restaurant was on fire, I rushed to that place, but I didn't find anything odd. I just did a quick look and came back home to pick Eve but when I went back there with Eve.... something wasn't in place. The kerosene smell didn't go unnoticed by me. I sent a sample for test and looks like I'm right.

"Have you sent men to guard?" I asked Mark regarding the security around Kate's house.

"Yes Sir. And separate men to watch and inform."

"Hmm... that will be suffice for now." I sighed as I felt some relief fill me.

"To my parent's house-"

"Yes Sir. And another group for your sister." He replied even before I could complete my sentence. I nodded and signaled at them to leave.

I called Eve again. This time I'm going to convince her. It's just not safe for her to stay there. I know I've sent men there. But why take risk?

Evelyn's POV

I finished my business and washed my hand as I waited. I went downstairs to check on Chrissy who stood outside the bathroom.

"Go bring your stick" she said pointing upstairs. 'Oh god... this girl!'

I went up and brought the four sticks along with me. I was sitting quietly. My heart was literally in my mouth. I didn't know if I wanted to sleep it off, puke or faint. But I just knew my heart was beating faster than normal.

We decided we'll wait for another five minutes just to be sure, for total of ten minutes. Just to be sure my ass! We didn't have the guts to go see. I pushed Chrissy into the bathroom since she was the one who forced me to do this. But she didn't reply.
"See yours... I've seen mine. I'll tell you after you see yours" she said in a grim voice.
I went up to the table where I'd placed those pregnancy sticks, but I never looked at them.
"Come on Evelyn...." she said.

When I looked down wringing my hand... at first, I was confused. Because wasn't it all supposed to show the same signs. There were two of them with blue plus sings and the other two showed a minus sign. I didn't know should I be happy I'm not pregnant. Or happy that I am pregnant.
"There are two signs Chrissy. Which one is it?" I looked at her face confused.

She scrunched her nose and came closer to take a look at it. I heard a series of fvck coming out of her mouth in different forms when each pair of my test showed different signs. I pulled out a stick from her hand and almost laughed when I saw a 'plus' sign in pale blue colour.

Our roles were exchanged. Gone was the cocky, funny, easy going Chrissy. It looked like an alarm crossed her face. But she was still worried about my test.
But I think negative is the right sign.
"What do you plan on doing Chrissy? You're keeping it right?" I asked.

She looked at me with a blank expression. "I don't know" she said very innocently like that's an answer.

"Are you going to even tell Mark?" This time she stared at me. Of course, she hadn't planned anything. "Why oh why Chrissy. Stop thinking now. You should've thought about it earlier. I only told you both could go for a date. Not to go get knocked up..." I stopped when I looked at her expression. She was almost about to cry. No no... not good. "It's ok... we'll see what we can do. Okay? I'm going to be there with you honey, no matter anyone's supporting you or not! Okay...?" I asked. "Okay?!" I screamed again and this time she nodded with a brave face on. "And-" I got interrupted by my phone.

'Arrogant Asshole!'

Ugh! Oh god! This man just won't stop! "What Nick?" I snapped as soon as I picked the call.

"I'm sending someone there. Just get in the car as soon as he arrives. No questions asked! And get in only if you know the person." He actually snapped back at me in his no non-sense voice and cut the call. He wouldn't talk to me that way if it wasn't serious. Or was he pranking me? There nothing left between us to prank about, so after all I guess he was being serious.

Suddenly the tension between me and Nick came back to remind me so that I stay away from him. And that suddenly brought back the tears into my eyes, but I held them. At least not now with Chrissy, when she's in an even more vulnerable state than me.
"Now come on. Nick just called and he's going to send someone to pick us up." I said grinning at her a bit, so she'll be excited to come there.

"Oh... I thought I'll stay the night here. It's ok you go... we'll catchup sometime later." She said with a hint of smile.

"That's not happening. You're coming and that's final." I tried using her usual chirpy voice. She smiled then came to sit on the sofa as she leaned onto it. I sat next to her looking at her state.

See... this is what men do. Leave a girl at her most vulnerable state. Never thought Mark would be that guy. The shy guy I saw at my wedding has actually broken one of my friend's heart. I won't really blame her if she won't ever tell him... whether she'll abort or keep it without him knowing. That's not the matter. She's not even comfortable sharing a feeling with him. A decision with him. A decision that she has to take for which he was also responsible. I feel like I'm going all 'women rights' over this issue.

But her situation just makes me think about mine. I can't even imagine telling Nick. Thankfully it was negative. He freaked when I actually joked about a baby. He'll shoot me in the eye if I'll even utter the word 'baby' again.

By the time I was done with my thoughts, I heard a car honk outside my house. Chrissy was happily sleeping but I shook her awake.
I gave her a smile.... "should I leave?" She asked with a yawn.

"No... you should come along. I can't leave you like this." I said picking the suitcase that I hadn't really unpacked when I came back.

"No... it's ok. I'll stay here" she whispered, and I gave her a glare that said she's coming with me.

I know why she doesn't want to come. Mark is going to be there.
She grumbled but somehow managed to pull herself together. We both went out up to the car, and I hoped it wasn't Mark who came to pick us. Neither did I want that person to be Nick. And thankfully it wasn't either of them. I heard a sigh of relief from Christina. Silly girl!

"Hey Oliver! Long time no see." I said with a smile as he started the engine and we moved with a slow pace.

He gave me a tight smile and replied, "yes ma'am. I was on leave. Now Mark Sr. is going to resume his duty with Mr. Rochester, so I had to come back. It's just Mark and me." He gave me a genuine smile this time. And my friend next to me suddenly stiffened as she heard her lover's name. "We're going to be working on the fire accident case. You know...." he trailed off awkwardly.

Fire accident? What's there to work on?
Of course, Oliver doesn't know what happened between me and Nick. He still thinks we are together.

"Fire accident case?" I asked very... I mean very innocently.

"Yes ma'am, your restaurant?" He reminded me. I know! I remember! That's what I'm trying to get the insurance claim for. And the bank is a stubborn piece of shit.

"Yeah... I know. What about it?" When he didn't say anything and looked confused, I continued. "Nick did tell me... I wasn't paying much attention. After all I lost my restaurant." I said with a fake sad sigh. I'm sad, not that sad.

Knowing that it's a safe topic for him to continue he started "It's actually about the kerosene we found in the burnt ash. Mr. Perkins was the first to recognise it. It smelled of kerosene in few places..." he said.

"You mean to say it was done purposely. It was not really an accident." I said confirming what he said. I needed the confirmation.

"Uhm... yes ma'am."

Chrissy pulled me back into the seat and gave me the 'WTF' look. I nodded my head with the same expression. What is really happening with me?! And why does Nick get to know everything about me before me?!

Chrissy turned to look outside the window, and I held my head as I'd suddenly come down with an ache. By the time we reached home, I was ready to explode.

"Kate? Can I have a room to myself? I want sleep." Chrissy said even before we entered the house.

We entered to see no one there except for few house maids. I quickly showed her to the guest room on the ground floor and climbed up stairs. The door to our room was open and Nick was pacing the floor. The room looked entirely different without my silly, colourful clothes hanging here and there.

"Nick." I said as a greeting and as a way to stop his pacing.

"Evelyn!" He said rushing up to me and held me in his arms, squeezing my shoulders tightly. My breasts were achingly pushed up to his chest making me suddenly feel conscious.

"I cannot come every time you call me. I came here to make this clear!" I said sternly. He nodded sheepishly.

"I understand. But it's not safe for you there.." he suddenly had this blank look on his face not letting me read his expression.

"That reminds me Nick.... you never told me that it was kerosene that lead to the fire. That it wasn't an accident! It was done deliberately!" I slowly raised my voice.

He squeezed his eyes shut in anger. "Who told you?!" He hissed at me.

"Nope. That's not going to work. You tell me why you never told me about this if you had your doubts.... no matter what Nick. If this is about me, then it's me you should inform first. It's my restaurant!" I said pounding his chest with my fist.

He held them behind me quite very easily. "I don't even have the slightest idea why you are angry with me. That I didn't tell you? That's not a reason." He said. His jaw was clenched now and a nerve popping out on his cheek and temple above his eyebrow.
That looked oddly sexy. But back to work.

He's right. I'm not really angry about it. I want to ask him about the wedding day. But I will not. I cannot fall even low just because I think I'm in love with him.

"You know what? Forget it." I said and snatched my hands away from his hold. "But one thing. I know this is something serious. You want me to stay here. I will for another two days. I'll stay downstairs with Chrissy, in the guest room. And within that time if you can do it right then fine. If not I'm out of here." I said with my eyebrow raised asking if that is fine.

"That's all I ask. I just need some time to get this over with." He grinned happily.

"And.... you will not call me again like this! I thought it was a serious emergency." At that his eyes narrowed, and he turned away from me. "I cannot come every time you say that there's danger! Nick we're divorced now-"

"Not yet! So, until we actually get one! You're staying here!" He hissed. His tone suddenly changed like he wasn't going to listen to me anymore. "And that will not just be for two days, love. Trust me." he smirked mischievously.

"Actually, I'm leaving right now!"

"Evelyn! This is not a joke! When I say you're in danger, you are. I send my men behind you, to protect you. At first, I'd send five-ten cars filled with men behind you. But that wasn't safe either. In fact, to fool them I let my men take a step back. But this is something bigger okay? So, stay here and let us do our thing, at least until we find out who actually that is. And whoever this person is.... he's close to us. He knows our every move." I was slowly processing what he told me.

"So, until then, I'm on house arrest." He gave me a small smile but nodded sadly.

"I want you in front of my eyes. Safe and happy."

"Okay." I agreed. "That doesn't mean we're on good terms!" I said and pushed away from his touch.

"Why aren't we on good terms exactly?" He asked with eyebrows raised. But I knew he was just faking it. I could see a hint of smile playing on his lips. Did he know what I felt when he left me alone that day?

"Just leave." I said and turned away from him. Now facing my old bed.

"Do you want a divorce Evelyn?" He asked.

"Why the sudden question Nick? Isn't that what you want?" I smiled sadly.

"No. It's what you want." He said emphasising on the 'you'.

"Me?" I whirled around. Me?! "You bloody made a joke out of his marriage Nick! I don't know about you, but I took my vows seriously! I don't remember what exactly I promised but I do know the duties of a wife. If not much I at least do remember I'm your wife unlike you!" I stopped there.

"Me? I never asked for a divorce Katherine!" He seemed ridiculed by my sudden outburst.

"You didn't have to! Your actions were clear!"

"Actions? Is this about the slap? You know I regret it! It was just... it was like... a reflex! What else?" He asked me but I kept quiet. He was snapping his fingers that made a clicking sound. "Have I cheated on you?" He suddenly stopped moving. "Have I?" He asked again.

I shook my head as a 'no'. But then I had to ask this. Well I didn't exactly ask him, I blurted out "What about Melanie?" He hissed in a deep breath.

"Is that what this is about? Melanie? The reason I told you about her is because I wanted you to trust me completely. I didn't want secrets between us. Whether it be in the past, present or future. Like the fire accident, I'd refrain from telling you for some time but I'd actually tell you everything eventually. I didn't tell you about her so that you'd find a reason to blame me. Is that the only reason you're asking for a divorce? Divorce is not just some papers Kate. It's a big thing. Think about it...."

'What about the phone call I heard?' I wanted to ask that, but I didn't.
Why is he trying so hard to stay with me?
When I've already lost hopes. Maybe what I heard that day wasn't the truth. After all they do say 'Don't trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.'

Then.... who was he speaking to that day? And was he talking about Melanie? That he loved her. But he said something about divorce.
Or was he saying that he loved me. But why would he suggest divorce if I were the one he loved.

"You know what.... I think your plan of divorce is better. We both wouldn't be happy." He straightened his suit jacket and turned around.

"Wait!" He stopped and looked back at me. "Uhm.... I think... I think... Even I don't want a divorce." I said really confused. Please agree Nick. Fingers crossed.

"You don't have to be so unsure about it. We will go through this whole divorce thing. No force." He forcibly smiled and moved out of the room.

"But I will not let us have one!" I screamed at his back. He turned to look at me with a sly smirk, suspiciously happy. Was he happy for a moment there?

This is it! I'm not divorcing my husband. Wait. But I won't let him go just like that. He did actually use me like a tissue paper.

***

And that is why I waited until late night for him to arrive.

Chrissy was still sleeping downstairs. And she is the one who chose this one perfect outfit for me. I'd worn a red colour transparent night dress with red thong. I'm going to seduce him into saying no for the divorce and I'll get him to confess why he acts like an ass especially at the wedding.

I waited and waited.... ..... for as long as I could... cause last I remember I saw the clock strike 1 and I thought I could take a small nap.
Now I think that was bad idea because I slept through the night. It was 7 in the morning and I look around but there's no trace of Nick. Good thing he didn't come. I would've embarrassed myself in front of him. Waiting for him the entire night like a fool.
I was still sitting on his chesterfield chair with my legs thrown over the armrest.

"Isa! Barbara! Go back home now! Mark will take you. What the hell were you doing in that place?! Thankfully Melanie suggested we go to that place otherwise I wouldn't even know you people were there!" His voice was loud and clear.

"But-"

"That's it! Now go home. You got kidnapped like what? A week ago?"
Then I heard him murmur some curses as the click clack of the heels told me that the girls left angrily.
Melanie suggested? We go to what place? He's coming back in the morning.... can't she just leave my 'still not ex-husband' alone! And here I was thinking we're going to get back together! I held my head then heard the footsteps nearing. And then the doorknob turn before the door was slammed open.

"Evelyn?"

"Nick!"

My eyes were wide as I stood up. I told him I'd be downstairs with Chrissy, right? What the fvck am I doing here? His eyes looked dazed as they roamed around my body from top to bottom and I heard a low hiss from him. I suddenly remembered what I was wearing and crossed my arms over my chest and held my shoulders. That in a way helped me protect myself. Was he out all night with his ex love?

"I was just leaving." I said.

"I'm sorry I forgot you were home.... I mean not forgot... I was caught up with.. things.." he mumbled.

"Yeah... things."

"Ma'am you've been here since last night. You didn't even have dinner. Would you like to have-" It was the same new cook whose name I still don't know. He stopped talking when he finally looked at me. Nick walked forward... I thought he was going to punch him or something but he only just slammed the door on his face.

"You were waiting for me since last night?" Aaaand the bloody cook revealed my secret!

"No.. ah.. I was just leaving. I didn't know you had things to do..." I said and I made sure he knew what I thought about his 'things'.

His eyes widened with realisation. "It's not! What you think Evelyn!" He became stiff again.

"Of course." I moved past him to open the door when he caught my hands.

"You're not going out like this!" He hissed.

I pulled my hand away from his hold and continued to open the door silently. Why is he bothered? Before I pulled the door turned around and said, "I hope you had a nice time with Melanie." And closed the door behind me.

I quickly ran downstairs. Careful that no one's there in the corridors. I safely reached the room downstairs with Chrissy and slammed the door shut. Chrissy slowly woke up and squinted her eyes.

"You're in the same dress Kate..? What happened?" She asked as she sat up on bed.

"Nothing happened." I mumbled in a low voice.

"Oh, I just woke up lady. Don't give me that! I can't even talk properly. If anything happened, you'd be coming back with his shirt on, not in your dress!" She moved her finger accusing me.

"That is what I meant Chrissy. What happened is that nothing happened!" And she blew a whistle at that.

"Bloody Melanie Bitch! Oh my god! I'm so sick and tired of life. It's so obvious he's going to leave me and I for no reason all the time. It's like the walls are screaming at me loud and clear that what he has in store for me."

Nicholas's POV

Shit! She was here since last night! Waiting for me. And what the bloody hell was I doing out thinking what she'll do so that I won't go forward with the divorce.

Bloody I knew I'm not giving her a divorce why was I thinking about it in the first place.

And then I had to agree to meet her didn't I. And I had to scream it out for my wife to hear it loud and clear. And now it's loud and clear that she'll leave me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.1K 42
{WARNING: This story contains mature content. For mature audience and open minded people only. Read at your own risk} Arranged in a marriage of...
718K 25K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...
5M 187K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...