Central Madness

By Race_To_the_Center

Rachel, a normal human in district 5693 of the North quadrant. Being at the top of the ranking was amazing, v... More

Meetings
Another?
Dreams
I'm Toast
The Doctor
The Best Medicine
Interview

Mornings

26 1 0
By Race_To_the_Center

Today started like any other. I was awake my eyelids so heavy I just layed there. A small groan escaped my mouth sounding sorta like my assistant's name, Crimson. A small drone flew in carrying a small pod that continuously rang until I sat up in my bed still squinting from the bright sunlight. The beams of sun glistened on my face like liquid fountains of gold. I looked out the window of my apartment, the 285 story building was small compared to others in the city, but spacious it was. The apartment I had was larger than most boutiques in the mall. The Crystalium walls were strong, fireproof, waterproof, windproof, and of all of those the best, stain proof. "Crimson!" I hollered in the creaky voice I should have lost by now. The small drone came in and asked in the little voice I had programmed him to have. "Hello, Good morning Ratchel!" "It's Rachel, Crimson. What am I having for breakfast?" I croaked. A bright light  glitched into focus and showed a holographic menu of breakfast. "Yaaawn""i'll take the honeycomb muffin." "Ok! I will tell Rosetta."

Rosetta was one of the 50 city chefs in town 5693. And prepared Food for the 2nd ranking citizens.  I will never be in the top 10. For I was an Astronaut in the top 20 people out of 2,000, and would never be able to be a governess or president even. But is was better than the 50th ranking, (the lowest anyone can get.) Just then, in the smallest sound possible, I heard Crimson walk in. After the shock of coming out of my daze. I heard Crimson saying that there was a town meeting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

842K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...