Camp Pinewood

By electric_forest

Photographer and horse rider Rowan Miller goes to summer camp for the first time. She makes new friends, and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue (Chapter 23)

Chapter 15

342 14 0
By electric_forest

{Song in video: Family Of The Year - Make You Mine}

"Roger!" Jillian exclaimed, waving her hands to get his attention. We just finished playing a game with the boys.

"Jillian, stop!" Lupe said to her, looking annoyed and surprised.

"What? I'm trying to help you all." She crossed her arms, grinning.

Lupe kept giving her a look.

"Fine," Jillian sighed. "I'll just talk to Josh and see what he says about him."

"That's fine," Lupe said.

"Josh!" She exclaimed his name a few times before it caught his attention.

He glanced at the four of us with curiosity. "Yes?" He asked as he was coming over.

Lupe went away as he came closer.

"I need to ask you something."

He gave her, Chantel, and I a confused look. "Ask me what?"

"About Roger."

He looked even more confused. "What about him?"

"Ugh, don't you guys ever take a hint?"

"Um, what?"

She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, I'm here to ask you who Roger likes. This isn't for me, by the way."

"Oh okay." He chuckled. "Well, that's something I'm not sure I should say in front of you all."

"Why?" She complained. "Just tell."

"I don't think I can do that."

She looked at me. "Rowan, tell your boyfriend to stop holding important information from us."

Josh and I blushed as she said that.

I gave her a look, and then said, "Well, we just want to know who Roger likes. It's for a good cause."

Josh chuckled. "A good cause?" He said.

"Yes." I nodded.

"Okay, well if I tell you all who Roger likes, then you all have to tell me who likes him."

"Deal," the three of us said.

"Roger likes Lupe."

"I knew it!" Jillian exclaimed. She looked around. "Hey, where did Lupe go?"

"She probably didn't want to be part of this awkward conversation especially since this is about her and Roger," I pointed out.

"Good point," Chantel said.

As Chantel and Jillian started looking for Lupe, I stood there next to Josh.

"Hey," Josh said, smiling.

"Hey," I said, smiling back. "Sorry about my friends...they're kind of crazy sometimes." I laughed.

"I can tell." He laughed. "So are you still going to teach me photography later on today?"

"Yes." I nodded. "I made sure to have it charged."

"Great."

"Roger!" I heard Jillian's voice exclaim behind us. I turned around and saw Lupe chasing Jillian and Chantel.

"Stop it!" Lupe hissed.

"Ro-" Lupe covered her mouth with her hand.

"Rowan, help us!" Chantel said, trying to get Lupe's hand off of Jillian's mouth.

"No, I'd rather not get involved," I said, laughing as I was shaking my head.

Josh started laughing too. "I can talk to Roger...in a more normal manner about this," he said.

"That's probably the best thing to do."

Josh went over to Roger, and they talked in private for a few minutes.

After they were done, Josh came back to me. "There," he said.

"So what did you say to him?" I asked, having an idea what he already said, but still wanted to know.

"Well, I told him about Lupe, and that he should ask her out."

"Is he going to do it?"

"I'm not really sure...he's never done anything like that before."

"Oh, so he's never had a girlfriend?"

"Nope." He shook his head.

"Aw, well I'm sure him and Lupe would work out."

"I think so too."

"Hey, did you just talk to Roger?" Jillian asked Josh as she came up to us. "Sorry for intruding on this conversation, by the way."

"Yes, I did," Josh said.

"So is he going to ask her out?"

"I think so." He shrugged.

"He's going over to Lupe!" She pointed at Roger walking toward Lupe.

The poor guy looked nervous.

"Awww," Chantel said.

"Shouldn't we give them some privacy?" I asked, laughing.

"Yeah, we probably should," Josh said.

"It is a special moment for them," Jillian said. "Yeah, I guess we should."

We went over towards the forest, and a few minutes later, Shane and Janee called us to go to our cabins. The boys went to their cabins, and the girls went to theirs.

"Okay, so we're going to do some indoor activities, like art, writing, or drawing," Janee said.

"What about pottery?" Lupe asked.

"Hold on, I'll check." She went into a different room, and then came back a few moments later. "Yes, there's still some available." She nodded.

"Great." She grinned, and went over to the other room.

Chantel, Jillian, and I followed Lupe into that room.

"So, did anything good happen a few minutes ago?" Jillian asked her.

"Yes," Lupe said, grinning. "Roger asked me out."

"That's great!" The three of us gave Lupe a hug.

"How did he ask you out?" Chantel asked.

"Well, he was really nervous, I could tell. He was stuttering over his words, and I told him that it's okay, and that I'd be happy to go out with him," Lupe said, grinning.

"Awww," Jillian said.

"You know what I just realized?" Chantel said.

"No, what?" I asked, looking curious.

"That I'm the only one in the group that doesn't have a boyfriend." She pouted. "No offense to you all. I think you all have great boyfriends."

"It's okay," Jillian said, giving her a hug. "You want me to ask Devon who he likes?"

"Jilly Bean." She warned, giving her a look.

"Yes, you should!" Lupe exclaimed. "You all were trying to get Roger's attention, and were being embarrassing. Now it's Chantel's turn." She smirked.

"Whoa, it's okay, guys. Let's just do our activities, and let Chantel decide what she wants to do for now," I said.

"Thank you, Rowan," Chantel said, smiling. She turned to Lupe and Jillian. "Why can't you all be normal and nice like her?"

"I don't think anyone at this camp is normal, to be honest," Lupe said, shrugging. "Well, maybe except Rowan, Josh, and Devon."

"What about me?" Jillian asked.

"Definitely not," Lupe and Chantel said at the same time, which made me laugh.

"What about Helena? She seems normal to me," I said.

"Oh yeah, I think she's normal actually," Chantel said.

"I agree," Jillian agreed, nodding.

In the meantime, Lupe and Chantel did pottery, Jillian drew some art, and I wrote a few poems.

A few hours later, I met up with Josh to teach him how to do photography. We were in the forest by a lake.

"If you see anything you want to take a picture of, then just take pictures of it," I said to Josh, handing him my camera.

He gave me a confused look. "Well, I know that, but aren't you going to teach me how to photograph it well?" He asked.

"I will, but I just want you to warm up first."

"Never heard of warming up to take pictures." He chuckled.

"That's true." I laughed.

He started taking pictures of the lake and trees. "How about these?" He handed the camera back to me.

"Not bad." I looked through the pictures. "Now, I'm going to teach you the different modes on the camera. Like how to focus, and use different modes for different things you're taking pictures of." I gave him the camera back.

"Oh okay." He took the camera.

"Anything you want to take a picture of?"

He looked around. "That yellow flower over there." He pointed at one yellow flower that stood out near the bushes.

"That's a pretty flower." I smiled. "Now, make sure you're holding it to where the flower would be in the middle of the picture."

"Got it." He made sure it was directly in the middle, and then took a picture. "How does this picture look?" He showed me the picture he took.

"It's decent." I nodded. "Mainly to be a better photographer, you just keep practicing taking pictures, and then you learn about using different modes and how to edit once you have that down."

He nodded, and then he took more pictures.

After a while, we stopped, and then looked at the pictures he took. "You're becoming better at taking pictures. I can tell since it's more focused and less blurry," I said.

"Thanks," he said, smiling. "I'm glad to hear that."

We looked into each other's eyes, leaned closer, and kissed.

After we pulled away, we heard footsteps nearby, and we stood there, wondering who was there.

"Josh, is that you?" A male's voice asked. As he got closer, I saw that it was Shane.

"Yes," Josh replied.

"What are you two doing out here in the woods?" He glanced at us.

"I'm teaching him how to do photography," I said, showing him the camera.

"Oh okay." He had his usual stern face. He turned to Josh. "You were supposed to head back to the cabin half an hour ago to help some of the other guys set up for the game tomorrow."

"Oh crap, I forgot," Josh said, scratching his head. "Sorry about that."

"Forgetting things in life won't help you much in the future. When you get back to the cabin, do fifty pushups."

"Yes, sir." He nodded.

"It's mainly my fault," I blurted out. "I had no idea he was supposed to do that, and we lost track of time."

"Looks like your girlfriend is backing you up," Shane said to Josh. He turned back to me. "Relax, you're not in any trouble."

"It's okay, Rowan," Josh added, laughing. "This is how Shane does things. It's fine."

"Oh okay," I said, nodding. "Well, I won't hold you two up anymore, so I'll see you later." I started heading back, but Josh grabbed me by the arm, and gave me another kiss.

"See you later." He smiled, and then headed back toward the guys' cabins, following Shane.

I went back to the girls' cabins.

**********

A/N: Lupe and Roger start dating, with the help of Jillian and Chantel. Later, Rowan teaches Josh how to do some basic photography :)

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 208 44
COMPLETED! Learning A Lake - Book One in the Lake Series. Every year you and your best friend go to a girl's summer camp in America. This ti...
3.4K 471 34
Two weeks. Two weeks of sun, sand and stress-free fun. At least that's the package Lizzie was sold. Little does she know, the package was a dream. A...
106K 1.1K 30
❝ What if we could just be together, but keep it between us? ❞ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨🌞୧⋆ ˚。⋆ Morgan Irvine and Hailey Graham are best friends. Ever since second gra...
296K 13.5K 29
She was like the stars, already dead. The summer of 21. The summer she would never forget. It wasn't just the heat of summer, it was him. Archer Luc...