Publicity: We Both Win

By illegaljoon

~Sequel to Publicity~ What if Ray and Nique really didn't get together or didn't last long and Ray ends up w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: No Privacy
Chapter 2: Underaged
Chapter 3: Drunken Flirtation
Chapter 4: Questions
Chapter 5: What The Hell?
Chapter 6: Surprise?
Chapter 7: Did That Just Happen?
Chapter 9: Lies Are For The Better
Chapter 10: Nique's Birthday Bash Part 1
Chapter 11: Nique Birthday Bash Part 2
Chapter 12: The New Start Of You And Me......Kinda?
Epilogue: You & Me

Chapter 8: Unavoidable

2.2K 113 13
By illegaljoon

* Nique P.O.V. *

"My name is Sara, but I would prefer if you called me Danny or Danielle. I will be serving you guys tonight.", a perky girl, about our age, or maybe a bit younger, said cheerfully as she reached our table.

"Hi, Danny.", Jacob said, flashing her a smile. She smiled back, but her attention quickly sprung to Ray when he raised his hand a bit to wave.

"Hello, Danielle.", Ray's honey voice said smoothly.

"Heyyyyyyyy, Sara.", Chred said, nasally imitating a child's voice. My stomach started to bubble with the laughter I was holding back, but when I finally failed and let out a giggle, Jacob, Chres, and Ray all started cracking up. Danielle started laughing along with us, most likely grateful that she got the "fun" table tonight.

After our little laughing fit, we finally calmed down and I said, "Hi, Danielle.". Ray, sitting diagonally from me in the booth, shot me a questioning look. I looked away, oddly embarassed.

Of course he was thinking I called her Danielle only because he called her Danielle. Come on. I like the name Danielle, and I used to have a guy friend named Danny, so I felt odd calling her Danny. She also looked more like a Danielle. Very pretty name, and she's very pretty too.

"What would you like tonight?", Danielle finally spoke up, directing all of our attentions towards her.

"Sprite.", Ray said quickly, being the first to answer.

"Coke.", Chres and Jacob said in unison, causing another laugh.

"Umm, I'll just have a lemonade.", I replied with giving Danielle a friendly smile.

Strangely, Danielle didn't give even a hint of a smile back. She just stared at me, as if deep in thought. As if shaken from whatever she was thinking about, she said, "Okay. I'll be right back with your drinks.", before turning around on her heel and walking away.

"You guys are so weird.", I said while looking down and shaking my head. Since Jacob was sitting right next to me, leaving Chres to be right in front of me, Jacob placed his hand on my thigh, I smiled alittle.

"Oh, you love us, Nique.", Jacob said playfully. I gently removed his hand off, and looked at up at him with a smile. A smirk was planted on his face, causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"Here's your drinks.", Danielle suddenly said, making us all jump since none of us saw her there. When I looked up at her, her eyes were wide, and she looked a bit pale and shaky as she slid the tall glasses onto the table.

The contents in the glasses shook back and forth, causing some of the soda and lemonade to spill slightly, somehow reminding me of the night at the club with Lucas. Which is strange since I hardly remember anything. Lucas....Ray.....Lucas...Ray. Gosh.

As I glanced back up at Danielle, she was fumbling to grab her rag to wipe off the spilt liquid off of the table.

"It's okay. I got it.", I said before grabbing a few white napkins out of the napkin dispenser and wiping off the table.

"Thanks.", she said, finally smiling again. Her eyes darted from Ray, to Jacob, to Chres, and back to me again. She sounded nervous, and started stuttering as she said, "Umm...uhhh....a-a-re you Rayan Lopez, Zonnique Pullins, Chres, and Jacob?".

A smile crept up on our faces as realization hit us all. Of course, Ray was the least fazed by this. I shrugged it off. I need to get back in the studio soon. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ray calmly nod his head at her, and flash her his signature smile. She was on the verge of freaking out, but tried her hardest to stay calm.

"Um....do you mind if I call my friend? She absolutely loves you guys. Even more than I do.", she said breathlessly. We all turned and looked at each other, and Jacob nodded at her.

"Yeah, sure, sure.", he said, and a huge smile came onto her face. She squeeled in delight and covered her mouth with her hand before walking a few yards away to call her friend. Chres and Jacob let out small chuckles at Danielle fangirling.

Chres and Jacob reached forward to grab their sodas, pulling them towards themselves. I reached forward to grab my lemonade, the same time that Ray  grabbed my drink to push it towards me. Like all those cheesy awkward romance movies, his soft warm fingers fell over mine, making my stomach turn uncontroablly.

I glanced up at Ray, and we both pulled our hands away quickly. I pulled my entire arm back, placing it in my lap. Undoubtfully, my cheeks were a bright red already, and Ray was looking away.

"Wow. Do you guys really hate each other that much that you won't even touch each other anymore? Last time I saw you two together, you were hugging and wrestling so much it was like watching you two have sex with clothes on.", Chres said, and I could tell by his tone that he's been waiting to say something like that ever since he got here.

If only he knew we actually have had sex before. If only he knew, just two hours ago, Ray was yelling at me, and then made out with me. I think we're both bi-polar. Neither of us replied to Chres, since neither of us knew what to say. I don't know where I stand with Ray right now. I just know that that kiss shouldn't mean anything, unless it means that we're friends again. That's all it means....right?

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!! Danny wasn't lying!!! Ahhh!!!! Rayan Lopez!! Zonnique Pullins!!! Chresanto August!! Jacob Perez!!!", a girl, evidently Danielle's friend, squeeled loudly. "I-i-i'm...um my name is Rosa. Rosa Wesley....this is so exiciting...", the girl, Rosa, said in the same breathless voice Danielle used.

We ended up spending the entire time at the resturant hanging out with Danielle and Rosa. As always, Ray loves meeting his fans, and they were both really sweet girls. Ray gave them a favor, and followed them both on Twitter. They asked me for a follow too instead of Chres and Jacob, and of course, I accepted. I love the fans.

We took pictures, ate dinner, and just chilled for awhile. It was really fun. "Thanks so much for coming in an hanging out with us. This was a dream come true. You have no idea how much it means to us.", Danielle gushed while a huge smile. Ray chuckled lightly, and so did I.

I'll always remember the first time I met Ray and obviously, so will everybody else. It was mean and stuck up, then we had to fake date and now look at us. Ray  pulled both Rosa and Danielle into a huge hug, wrapping each of them in one arm.

* Ray's P.O.V.*

I don't know what I was thinking. That's exactly it. I wasn't thinking. How could I kiss Nique again?! Especially after I was just yelling at her! She's an increedible kisser though, and her kisses always give me a..umm...nice feeling. It was horrible timing though. I have no idea where we stand anymore. Hanging out with Rosa and Danielle kept my mind off of the awakwardness for awhile.

I pulled my blankets up to my chin, closing my eyes once again. I don't know why they were even open. It was pitch black in the hotel room, so I couldn't see anything either way. I do have a habit of opening and closing my eyes when I can't sleep at night though. For some reason, it's weird sleeping without fighting Nique for the blankets when she's right next to me. This sucks.

I sighed lightly, attempting to empty my thoughts so I could fall asleep easier. Of course, it didn't work. I was dead tired earlier, but after everything that's happened today, I couldn't stop thinking.

I flipped over in the bed, causing the springs in the bed to creak loudly in the silence of the night. I stared at Nique who happened to have her back turned towards me. Her curly blonde hair was flopped all over the pillow, and she was cuddled up with the blanket.

I laid there, watching her shoulder rise and fall as she breathed peacefully.

"Ray...", she suddenly murmured.

What the? Is she dreaming about me or something?

"Ray.", she murmured a bit louder this time.

"Yeah, Nique?", I whispered back to her to see if she was awake.

She quickly flipped over, causing the bed to shake slightly. Her eyes were wide open as she looked into my eyes, sending a mix of emotions through me. Yes. I still have feelings for Zonnique Pullins and they'll never go away, but I hate that she likes Lucas. I know you don't believe me. Oh well.

"Can't sleep?", she grumbled quietly. I noded silently.

"Can I ask you something?", she whispered, speaking clearer now.

"Go ahead.", I replied heisitantly.

"Did you really not mean to kiss me?", she asked me, taking me by surprise. How was I supposed to answer that?

"Did you really mean to kiss me back?", I shot back at her, not in an angry way, but as a serious question.

She sighed lightly. "Ray, I asked first.". Same old Nique. I grinned inwardly at this thought.

"Look, Nique. I can't answer that, because I really don't know....it just...happened.", I admitted.

Surprisingly, she nodded in agreement. "Do you regret it?", she asked softly.

I sighed. How many questions was she going to ask me about this? And wasn't it time for her to answer a question? Okay, I was't really thinking that, but I should have been. "To be honest, I don't. I'd rather have things awkward between us than hating each other.", I admitted.

"I never hated you.", was all she said.

"I never hated you either, I was just....I don't know."

"Why were you mad at me?", she asked.

"Nique...There's just so much that's going on, it just gets so overwhelming. I don't know. I guess I was kind of mad about Lucas, and about Johnna. Shes driving me crazy.....I think I'm losing it.", I admitted, letting out a slight chuckled at the end.

Nique bit her lip slightly, obviously thinking that I wasn't telling the entire truth.

"Nique?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I asked you something? And will you be completely honest with me?", I asked while scooting a bit closer to her, so we were face to face.

She looked a bit reluctant, but she eventually nodded.

"You remember when we kissed before? Like a year ago or whatever?", I asked, and she nodded, looking embarassed. "I know that we both felt something. I mean, if we didn't, it wouldn't have led to sex, right? Well, tell me if you feel something now.", I said, getting quieter and feeling my stomach start to do somersaults.

She looked a bit scared and heisitant, but let me continue anyways. It was like she was just as confused as I was in how we were feeling. Maybe it's just hormones? But if it was just hormones, wouldn't I be feeling this was with Johnna?

I leaned closer to her until I felt my lips press against hers for the second time today. As soon as I felt her lips press back against mine in response, from head to toe, I was tingling with a strange emotion. Did I really just do that?

What the hell is wrong with me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 227 19
Y/N is living a hard and tough life! Your Catholic, and can't do ANYTHING a regular teenage girl wants to do, It's all because of your religion. Ever...
3.5K 76 42
It's a dream world. Not just with MB
1M 20.8K 77
Liz, Jaylie, Shay and Yn are so happy about seeing Mindless Behavior. After meeting them and actually being in a relationship with them.... things c...
4.9K 363 24
(COMPLETED) Hey guys this is gonna be a wild story wit twists,turns,& dysfunctional drama so sit back & enjoy