It all started with a Ferris...

بواسطة QueenKeely

"Next!" The man shouts and looks at me, waiting for the moment that I'll get on. Smiling, I'm about to step o... المزيد

Chapter one- Dumb brother
Chapter three- The captain prank
Chapter four- Siblings
Chapter five- The beach fall
Chapter six- Dodgeball and a bloody nose
Chapter 7- Broken nose
Chapter 8- The Party
Chapter 9- You're more Than Enough
Chapter 10- We live in a world where its normal to hurt somebody
Chapter 11- Smile. It looks good on you
Chapter 12- A helping hand
Chapter Thirteen- Breaking Down Doors
Chapter Fourteen- A Changed Person
Chapter Fifteen- Throwing a party
Chapter Sixteen- The first time
Chapter Seventeen- School Dances
Chapter Eighteen- Lu Lu
Chapter Nineteen- The men
Chapter 20

Chapter two- The Ferris Wheel

8.2K 351 108
بواسطة QueenKeely

Lily Collins as Mackenzie Rowe

"I really want to go to that fair tonight," Mackenzie sighs, I look up from writing my History notes and give her a look.

"It's disappointing, really," I mutter not wanting to be heard by my teacher. She obviously decided that she was bored so she started talking to me.

"Yeah.... So I saw the new guy," she tells me, I cock an eyebrow and look at her in interest. "He's really really hot. Tall, muscular, model material," a dreamy smile appears on her face.

"Oh really," Mackenzie nods furiously. "Let me guess, he's already apart of the popular group?" The teacher not so surprisingly doesn't hear us because everyone is talking, she eventually gives up and sits on her seat while everyone in the class keeps talking.

"Yeah, he is actually," see what I mean by I don't pay attention? The bell rings and everyone stands up then walks out of the classroom with their books in their hands. That's if they brought them to class. Kenzie and I part ways to walk to our lockers, I unlock my lock and chuck my books in there then slam it closed. Ignoring all of the gossiping teenagers scattered around the halls, all walking to the cafeteria- my mind is only focused on getting to the area where Mackenzie and I sit; outside, under the big tree away from everyone.

After three minutes of crashing into people, zooming through the crowds and some rude comments, I arrive. Kenz isn't there yet so I sit down and lean against the tree, a minute later she walks out with our food. We made this deal that every Tuesday one of us have to bring and buy the food, we switch every week. Today is her turn. She plops down on her butt and places the food down in front of us. From what I can see there is a salami sandwich with lettuce and tomato, a bag of honey soy chips and strawberries.

"Oh yummy," I wink at her and she chuckles. We dig into our food straight away, "so tell me more about the new guy." My best friend knows all of the gossip, she has way more friends than me that tell her everything. Whereas I have one friend: Mackenzie. It's less drama anyway, I don't really care.

"He has already befriended Kyle Parker, Cory Isle and Samuel Brown," oh god. Those boys are basically known as the bad boys, they smoke, do illegal things and play girls. "As well as the soccer guys. From what I heard, he's trialling for it. The girls have already started their thing, flirting. He's super hot but he has this look on his face that is like stay away from me. His name is Blair Kingsley, total hot name right?" A laugh escapes my lips and I smile popping a chip into my mouth.

"Sounds amazing," I cackle in a joking matter, she raises her eyebrows but doesn't say anything. "So he's probably going to smoke, have one night stands and bully me. Great," I sarcastically exclaim 'excitedly.'

She sighs and shakes her head, "Annora... I won't let that happen." I want to say why haven't you stopped the teasing and bullying yet? Why are you lying to me? If you meant it then you would've already stopped this all. But I stay silent and continue eating my food.
                                        ||
"Nora, are you ready?!" Mum shouts from the kitchen. I look over myself in the mirror, my hair is out in its pin straight glory, I'm wearing white ripped jeans with a black singlet that has sequins on it, a black cardigan and white adidas superstars. If you're wondering what a singlet is, it's a shirt but without the long sleeves, it has straps, either thick or thin.

Smiling, I grab a backpack that has my purse with my money in it and a water bottle. I walk out of my room and down the hall where mum is standing at the front door, waiting for me. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten my license yet so mum has to drive me. I'll be a loner but I normally am anyway. Mum ushers me out, I sit in the car and she drives off straight away once she gets in.

"Be safe, call me when you've had enough alright?" She gazes over me briefly, I nod slowly. "Annora," mum says suddenly.

"Yes?" I suspiciously look at her, she seems nervous. She swallows, her knuckles turn white from gripping the steering wheel so hard.

"Your father called." I freeze at what she says. Your father called. Those words ring in my head, echoing from wall to wall. He is not my father. Maybe it was his sperm that made me be born but I don't consider him a father. A father would be there for you, he's protect you, treat you like his princess. He wouldn't leave, he wouldn't get sent to jail, he would spend money on me- at least 5 dollars would be fine.

"He isn't my father," I spit and she sighs.

"He wants to see you, Annora," I shake my head, the car stops and I look out of the window. The lights are bright and colourful, there are rides and many stalls, I can see the Ferris wheel that I plan to go on to think. I turn towards her, staring emotionlessly.

"Well I don't want to see him," with that, I open the door and step out. I slam the door and walk to the entrance of the fair, I need to get away from my family problems just once. I need mum to stop bringing him up, I need her to stop mentioning him because it hurts. Everything hurts. An she still loves him still, it's so obvious; but why does she love someone that hurt her and her kids so much?? All he does is bring pain and shame to our family.

"2 dollar entry fee miss," I hand him a two dollar coin and walk in, staring plainly ahead of me. My phone buzzes but I ignore it, it will probably be mum. But at this moment, I can't talk to her. Because it's always about him. Mark..... my 'father.'

What I need right now is food. A potato slinky to be exact, if you haven't tried them then you haven't lived. I order a potato slinky with garlic and onion topping, which is a powder. The lady hands me my food and I dig into the crispy potato's straight away. No not curly fries, potato slinky. It's literally just a slinky but with potato and whatever flavouring you want.

I fish out my phone which is a bad move on my part, all of these messages from mum saying that I should give him a chance. No thanks mother. Rolling my eyes, I go onto my first ride after finishing my food. I can't be bothered to look at the name but it's something like the jazzler, I don't know.

After lots of spinning, almost throwing up and screaming, the ride stops. I walk all over the place as soon as I get off, the Ferris wheel will help me reflect on this bad decision that I made to go on that stupid ride. Feeling very dizzy, I arrive at the Ferris wheel after bumping into many people and almost falling over. I stand in the long line that will most likely take forever. Wait a minute... I FORGOT TO BUY MY TICKET! Groaning, I look behind me at an old couple. I give them a sweet smile and they smile at me back.

"I was wondering if you could save my spot while I go and buy myself a ticket, I forgot to buy one in the first place. Silly me," chuckling nervously, I look between the two of them.

"Of course sweetheart!" I grin at them and rush to the ticket booth, I quickly pay then rush back to the line.

"You both can go in front of me, thank you so much," they accept the offer with grace and thankfulness. After waiting forever, I'm finally at the front of the line.

"Next!" The man shouts and looks at me, waiting for the moment that I'll get on. Smiling, I'm about to step onto the cart when a boy steps in front of me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I exclaim, he just cut in front of me! The large, handsome guy that looks to be my age, smirks. "Mister, you cut in front of me," I glare.

"Too bad, you were taking forever," he shrugs and is about to get on to steal my place, when I push him. And he happens to step on dog poo, trip even more and crash into a boy holding a slushy; effectively getting drenched in the blue icy liquid.

My eyes widen and I cover my mouth with my hands, ohmygod I just did that! I'm so dead, I scramble to get to him and bend down. His glare is deathly, he is covered in the sticky drink. The bravery from before, diminishes into thin air and I try to grasp it but it doesn't seem to be working. "I'm so sorry," I gush taking off my cardigan, trying to dry him with it.

When he glares at me, I stop and sheepishly throw the piece of clothing in my bag. "You're sorry after you pushed me purposely!" He yells, I'm slightly distracted by his handsome looks. Everyone stares at our interaction and I grimace, flushing a dark red. He stands up, I feel so small compared to him. He has a chiseled jaw, a small freckle on his cheek, high cheek bones, fair skin, dark hair that is wet from the drink and muscles that poke out of his shirt accompanied with smouldering brown eyes. Hatred. That's what he's smouldering me with.

"Well you cut in front of me, you should've expected it?" It sounds more like a question though. He really shouldn't have expected it, I could've acted maturely but I didn't. He gives me a look of disbelief and scoffs.

"How could I expect this? You fu**ing pushed me! All for a spot on the god damn Ferris wheel," he hisses.

"When you put it like that I sound psychotic and crazy," I mutter, he hears me though and shakes his head.

"You are psychotic and crazy!" He exclaims.

No. That's my father. I clench my eyes shut as the memories resurface. The unwanted memories.

The beer bottle smashes as it comes in contact with the wall, "dad." I whisper, he doesn't seem to be listening: he isn't stopping.

He picks up anything made of glass and throws it at the wall. I gasp in surprise, he looks like a madman. I honestly don't know what my mother ever saw in him, I don't want to be my father in a million years. Everything hurts looking at him. ''Please stop it!'' But he doesn't stop because he is psychotic and crazy, something that I never want to be; something that no one should ever want to be.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. He shakes his head looking me up and down, I give him my ticket and then walk away. I never got to ride the Ferris wheel in the end.
                                      ||
Did you like this chapter?

If so then share, comment and vote! It will mean so much to me if you do.

Edited as of 29/12/17

Keely

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

785K 25.4K 34
"You really changed" David commented as he sat next to me. I shook my head and smiled. "Not really" I told him and then someone jumped on the cou...
Saved بواسطة ohyizzle

قصص المراهقين

515K 12.3K 46
[Completed] {Book 1} Her life is a living hell. There's no doubt in that. People think her life's rainbows and unicorns, but in reality it's hell...
305K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...