When Love and Hate Collide

By satisakro_chi

CHARACTERS: KIRSTEN DANIELLE "KISSES" DELAVIN- only daughter of the Delavin family. Grade 11 student of Bar... More

Character Preview
Prologue Section I
Chapter 1- She's Only Mine to Piss Off
Chapter 2- Drive Me Crazy
CHAPTER 3- STAY AWAY FROM ME
Not an Update
CHAPTER 4- NO WAY!
CHAPTER 5- SUPERMAN
Chapter 6- Caught Off Guard
Chapter 7- Playing with Fire
Chapter 8- WASTE NO MORE TIME
Which Name Would You Prefer?
CHAPTER 9- That Day With You
CHAPTER 10- SET THINGS STRAIGHT
Chapter 11 Teaser
CHAPTER 11- IN SECRET
CHAPTER 12 TEASER
Author's Note
CHAPTER 12- PROM PREPARATIONS
CHAPTER 13- Teaser
Wait for it.....
Chapter 13- Someone Else's
Chapter 14 Teaser
a/n
CHAPTER 14- And The World Stopped Turning
a/n
Chapter 15- His Beauty, Her Beast
Chapter 16 Teaser
Chapter 17 Preview
CHAPTER 17- FRAGILE
Chapter 18 Teaser
CHAPTER 18- DARKNESS
Prologue- Section II
Chapter 19 Teaser
CHAPTER 19- HAUNTED
Chapter 20- COLD WATER
Chapter 21 Teaser
CHAPTER 21- SHIVER
Happy Birthday Kisses!!
Chapter 22- Tangible
Chapter 23- Kisses
CHAPTER 24- DISCREETLY
CHAPTER 25 TEASER
CHAPTER 25- PROTECT HER

CHAPTER 16- STEPHANIE'S WORD OF CAUTION

740 34 7
By satisakro_chi

CHAPTER 16- STEPHANIE'S WORD OF CAUTION

NO ONE'S POV

It was the biggest news in the whole of Barton the following week. Who would have thought that the school's most famous rivals turned out to become the school's most talked about lovers. Well, Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger became Romeo and Juliet. But for the two of them they were Beauty and the Beast. A lot were skeptical. Many also doubted. Still some were glad for the new found love between them. But one was doubtful and the other was in a jealous rage.

FLASHBACK

Heaven stood at the side as she watched Kisses and Edward walked towards the middle of the dance floor. She wasn't even able to have that dance with him and here she was having that moment with him.

The following events hit her like a truck. It wasn't just a dance. Edward was making a confession in front of the whole school. A bracelet, a kiss and his declaration. As she watched them, she unconsciously balled her hands into a fist as she watched them dance as if they were alone in the room.

"That should be me." She thought. "I should be his woman. I hate you Delavin." She ran out making sure to hit Tanner by the shoulder as she passed by heading towards the balcony.

Tanner was frozen in place. So, it was him all this time. He was stupid. So, so stupid. After all these time, his unexplained jealousy towards him was after all, with basis. He was his competition. He was the man who took Kisses away from him. He was the one she chose over him. That explained the cut down on the biting remarks as Yong said, the stolen glances, the seemingly jealous remarks of Barber whenever he was around.

He watched as the two danced in the middle as if they were all alone in the room with nobody watching. He saw it. The way he looked at her was like she was all he can see. The same way Tanner looked at her for so many years. His hands turned cold and so did his heart. He walked out and Steph followed him to the garden.

"Tanner."

"Leave me alone Steph." He kept his back to her.

"You have to understand something. My brother, he's a good man."

Tanner stopped so suddenly and Stephanie was taken "Your brother?!" He made sharp turn and stared at her hard. "Who do you mean your brother?"

She gulped at the sudden increase in the tone of his voice but she had to stand her ground. "Edward. Edward is my stepbrother."

Tanner laughed almost maniacally at hearing the declaration. "And you knew about the two of them?" he asked, eyes boring into hers. "Were you trying to make me look like a fool?!"

Steph stepped forward trying to reach out to her friend but Tanner stepped back to afraid that if she comes an inch closer, he would lose control of his anger. "No, I wanted to be your friend but after seeing how my brother and you felt for Kisses, I was too afraid on how you'd react and look at you now."

Maria suddenly came around holding on to her gown trying to walk steadily. "Tanner. Steph."

Tanner faced his cousin, very much red in anger and frustration. "Tell me you did not know about this!"

"Tanner, please." She wasn't able to take the anger etched on her cousin's face any longer. With a resigned sigh, "Yes. Yes, I do."

"How could you?" Tanner said, not hiding the resentment laced in his voice. "I'm your cousin. I'm almost like your brother!"

"But she is also my bestfriend! Do you actually think it was easy keeping this from you? I spent sleepless nights thinking whether I should tell you or not." Maria's voice was desperate. She couldn't stand Tanner being angry with her. "But Kisses trusts me that was why she told me and I can't break that trust."

"But you chose not to tell me. You chose to break my trust." Tanner looked at her disapprovingly and it hurt Maria. He turned and walked away. Maria stepped forward, tears starting to form in her eyes. She reached out her hand to try and grab him but Steph caught her and stopped her.

"Let him be. He is still confused with all these but he'll come around. You know he will," Steph said as she placed a hand on her shoulder. The two stood there as they watched the disappearing figure of a confused Tanner.

Heaven was standing on the balcony, fuming. What caught her attention were two figures that came into the garden in what seemed like a fight. Tanner and Steph. She heard everything. So she was Edward's slippery stepsister. What the heck! She never knew. They did really well in keeping it a secret and she was also really good in keeping it a secret. She knew everything about Edward and Delavin.

She snapped her head to the right as another figure came into view. Fabiana. It amused her to no end. She pretty sure that Fabiana knows everything about Delavin and Edward. She was the bestfriend anyway. And she was right. As she watched the argument in front of her, Tanner looked so betrayed by the two girls he trusted. Heaven smirked. It's her time to show up.

MARIA'S POV

PROM NIGHT

My heart was pounding as I got in the restroom with Steph. "You are his sister? How were you able to keep it from the whole school?"

Steph leaned against the wall and tilted her head up. "We just didn't talk about it. Before all these, only Marco and Kisses knew about that fact."

"You trust Kisses that much?" I asked.

"Yes, I knew Eddie likes her even when he masks it in that manner before. But yes, that was because he likes her and Kisses doesn't seem to care or notice and he was just too hung up with his reputation it was difficult for him to express it to her. Especially with their status as rivals? Only she can keep his fat mouth shut." She and Steph laughed at that.

"Anyway, going back. Should we tell Kisses and Barber about it?" I asked her.

"Not now. They are still too hyped about this and we'll have to break it by telling them about Tanner. What I'm worried about is...."She stopped.

I got her trail of thought. "Heaven. She's crazy about Barber." The look on Steph's face alarmed me. I don't know up to what extent will the happiness between the two will be but I want to protect my friend. "Do you think she'll do something?"

"To break them apart? Yes, I think she's capable. The way she is obsessed with Ed is so... How should I say it? Well she'll do anything to get Ed." I turned silent. Seems like this is not yet their happy ending.

KISSES' POV

After our dance, the world suddenly came back full volume. I looked around and all eyes were on us. My heart was pound fast and hard against my chest as realization came to me full force. We just declared our relationship in front of the whole student body. No, not necessarily the whole but yeah, the Juniors and Seniors and including our teachers, and by Monday, every soul in Barton will have found out.

I was nervous and stood like a stupid statue in the middle until I felt Edward's hand at the small of my back and it was like a comforting rush of warmth to me as he led me back to where the professors where situated.

"Well that was a surprise," said Professor Roth. "But charming nonetheless."

"Who wuld have thought that his very own rival is the same person to tame wild Mr. Barber?" said Prof. James as he walked with a glass of punch on hand. "I must tell you thought, it won't be easy. I guess many are not convinced with you two."

Prof. Roth hit him lightly. "You are such a killjoy!"

"I am just telling the truth. Watch out for those who are not too happy with your relationship."

Prof. Roth placed an assuring hand on my shoulder. "It's okay. What's important is that you love each other. Trust on that one." I smiled at the teachers as Edward placed a kiss on my forehead.

We walked out of the hall to get a breath of fresh air and also get some time alone. I stood still and closed my eyes to clear my mind. I felt his arms wrap around me from behind and placed a kiss on the crook of my neck. "Are you happy?"

I reached out to touch his cheek and turned to kiss him. "Of course. Finally, we don't have to pretend. I'm actually quite tired of having to put up a front that I hate you or annoyed with you when actually all I want to do is snog you senseless in front of the people."

Edward laughed at me. "Whoa! That's too upfront! I thought I was the one crazy about you."

I laughed at him. "I thought you are used to girls being crazy about you? Does that make me any different?" I took off his arm that was wrapped around my waist so I can look at him properly.

He moved forward and took my hands so that I have it hung around his neck as he placed his hand on my waist. "Yes, it does it does make you a lot different. Why? Because you are the only one I want to be crazy about me and you are the only one I will tolerate."

I raised my eyebrows trying to stop myself from laughing. "Didn't know you are that cheesy, Edward John Barber."

"Well, you are the only one who saw me this cheesy."

"Really? No one ever saw you? Not even Marco and Steph?"

"Ah they know I'm crazy about you. Okay so yes, maybe a little bit. They knew of a few moments, yes." We laughed a bit more until Edward grabbed my hand from around his neck. The one where he placed the bracelet. He laced his fingers to mine so our bracelets were near each other. I stared at him as he looked at our intertwined hands and had that weird smile on. And again, he made my heart race as he kissed my wrist where the bracelet lay. "I promise you, I'll always be here for you. Whatever happens, my eyes will only look towards you. I'll forever be yours."

I wasn't able to speak at the wave of emotions that overcame me. All I did was cup his face into my hand and kiss him deeply hoping that this delivers whatever message I want to tell him. Yes, I guess he is the only one who can render me speechless, but who cares? Just as long as this wonderful man is mine, I would not even care.

HEAVEN'S POV

"I was right, then. There is something going on between the two. And they got you just where it hurt." I was standing behind Tanner, who was hunched on a chair, head bowed down, elbows on his knees. He didn't speak but the frustration and anger was obviously radiating all over his body.

"I told you, you'll need my help someday. I guess the time has come." I said. I want him to feel the same rage I was feeling right now.

"Go away," he ordered. "I don't need you." His voice was frightening but I did not let him intimidate me. Two can play the game.

"You know I will not. You want Kisses. I want Edward. We're quits. I'm going to help you get what you want and I also get mine." He was silent. I waited. I know making him bite into my bait will not be easy but I won't let my luck rot just like that.

Slowly, he looked up but kept his eyes looking straightforward. "What do you want me to do??" I smirked. There you go.

"You.... Just have to be in the right time and in the right place."

BACK TO PRESENT

STEPHANIE'S POV

I looked at Edward as he got down from our stairs. It was the Saturday after the Prom Night and since last night, Maria and I decided not to talk about Tanner's reaction to the two of them.

"You look happy," I said as I watch him sit down in front of me and pop a French toast in his mouth.

"I think I just had the best sleep I had in months." He flashed me a big smile.

"Congratulations, bro." I was truly happy for him. I always knew he wanted to be with Kisses but was just unaware of the fact and now that I see how bright his usually sulky mood is, I couldn't be any happier.

Our house help placed our breakfast in front of us and soon my Mom came to the table. Here we are again. I was quite awkward again as I got used to Edward not recognizing my Mom's presence. But today was different.

It was not a big greeting. It was just a simple smile from him as he looked forward to his breakfast and ate silently. My Mom sat shell shocked in her seat that she was not able to immediately react. When she recovered she looked at me with a questioning look on her face and I just shrugged. This thing with Kisses does a great thing about his mood. For sure, Kevin already heard about the big news from Prom Night.

After breakfast, I saw Edward at the side of the pool in front of his sketch book. I leaned on the glass door's frame as a memory flashed back.

Steph's Memory

I got down from my room to head to the kitchen for a glass of water. It was my first day in the house and I find it awkward living in a new environment. Add to that that my step brother was giving me the cold shoulder. I like him, a lot. I know he may seem bratty, but I always wanted a brother. And here I instantly got one.

As I got down, I saw him fast asleep in one of the couches and sprawled in front of him is a sketchpad. I slowly tiptoed on top of him to get a peek on what keeps him preoccupied. I turned the pages and saw sketches of only the area of the eyes. The same pair of eyes. A little bit chinky but I guess if the picture was completed, this girl must be a beauty.

He flinched slightly because he must have felt my presence. He looked at me and I was surprised at his clipped tone saying, "What are you doing here?" He suddenly closed his sketchbook.

"Who is she?" I asked, unabashed by his callousness.

"None of your business." He continued picking up his things.

"I bet she is beautiful."

"No point asking. I don't even know her. It just came from my mind."

"Really? She looks.... Real. Maybe she's someone you like... and subconsciously she became your subject." I smiled at him and turned around to go to the kitchen.

PRESENT

"Turns out Kisses has always been your subject in your sketches," I said as I walked towards him.

He chuckled. "I never realized it though, not until I had that crazy, unconscious urge to snog her."

"I think I already knew, the way you talk about her when you say she's annoying. The intensity is there as if she is already a part of your system and you can't get her out."

"Really? You know you surprise so much, Steph."

"I guess I do. Also, what confirmed it was when I first saw her. I knew it was her, the girl in your sketches, and I didn't even hesitate telling her that you are my brother. She is the right choice for you."

He smiled as his hand stopped moving on the sketchpad. "No, she's the best."

I leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead. "You know very well I'm happy for you and Kisses, lil bro, but a word of caution. Your relationship is just starting and people, they might not be very receptive of it, especially with your history. Those may be school boy spats but you know there are others expecting differently of the two of you. Be very careful of the people around you." I walked away, knowing very well his eyes are trailing after me and I'm perfectly sure he understood what I meant.

*****

Here is another update guys! Beauty and the Beast reference everyone. Emma Watson reference (Hermione)! Yes, she is my childhood hero. And I'm such a sucker for Draco and Hermione. Any fan here?? And I'm also looking forward to Em's new movie Beauty and the Beast. 

Now back to the story. Here you go, Heaven's on the move already... Starting to get annoyed by my own story characters. Haha! But what's a story without an antagonist, right?

Don't forget....Let me know what you all think about it!! Comment below.

Love lots,

satisakro_chi

7274064nI

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 209 32
**PLEASE EXCUSE THE SHITTY WRITING I LITERALLY WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 LOL!!** *there are two main characters* Hi, I'm Zeke. I have three best frien...
28.9M 710K 66
The good girl falls for the bad boy. But what if there is more to Sin Carter than a bad attitude, tattoos and piercings? And what if there is more to...
3.6M 100K 42
Without hesitation I crashed my lips to his. He was too surprised to kiss back at first, but he quickly recovered and snaked his arms around me. No...
28.8K 1.2K 23
Oh my gosh he is kissing me. My crush is kissing me. His lips taste like sugar. I never want to stop kissing him. But too soon it ends. "Was that ok...