CHAPTER 3- STAY AWAY FROM ME

MARIA

"Yes, Tanner. I know. Kisses also knows. Don't fret. We'll be there when you arrive. Seriously, for a man with a big body, you act like a girl being such a worry wart." I laughed out loud at the hilarious reaction of my favorite cousin on the other line. Also a childhood of Kisses, Tanner left the country to study in Ireland. He is a year older than us and called a few minutes ago to make sure that we will meet him when he arrives on Saturday. "Okay, see you on Saturday, bro." I turned off my phone and turned see Kisses looking a bit jittery.

"K, Tanner called." She jumped at the sound of my voice.

"Oh," she blinked. "Sorry, what was that?"

I looked at her in a worried fashion. It only rarely happens when Kisses dazed out and when that happens, there must be something bothering her terribly. "Are you alright?"

"Uh yes. Just thinking about something. What was that you were saying?"

"I said, it was Tanner I was talking to just now." She did not react. She just continued staring at her untouched lunch. I raised an eyebrow. Now, what might be bothering her?

I turned my head to the side and was amused by what I noticed. Edward was staring at Kisses intently. No snide remarks, no annoying smirk, just watching her, studying her.

"Why is Barber staring at you?" Yong asked, as he and Maymay sat beside us. He looked at Edward and now, this started the staring match between them. I swear I saw a spark of jealousy cross Edward's face.

I looked at Kisses and her face flushed. "Don't mind him. You're just picking yourself another fight."

"Yeah, he'll have a fist land on his face if he even gets a finger on you," he said heatedly. Kisses' head snapped to him, her eyes wide.

"No!" she exclaimed.

May and Yong stared at her, surprised at her reaction. "Hey, calm down girl. Yong isn't being serious. No fist fight will be happening," May said, trying to make the situation lighter, adding a funny look on her face.

"Yeah, do you think I'm having his filthy fist touch my face?" a condescending voice said from behind me. Kisses froze. I turned around and saw Edward with Marco and Heaven. Marco looked apologetic, Heaven looked smug. Seriously, one day, I'll have to wipe off that annoying smile on her face.

"You know, this isn't a good sight to look at. You two are the top students of our batch. You should be setting an example," I tried to reason out.

Heaven huffed and snaked her arms around Edward's. "Let's go." We were all taken aback when Edward took his arms off of Heaven's and took Kisses by the wrist dragging her away from the group. Yong and I froze. Maymay's and Marco's mouth were agape and Heaven looked very livid.

"Edward! What do you think you are doing?" Heaven said. She grabbed Edward's hand but he shook it off and dragged Kisses with him. I snapped back when I heard Yong's voice.

"Oy! Kisses isn't going with you!" Yong grabbed Kisses hand. Edward glared at him. I looked around the dining hall and saw that every student's attention where already on us.

"Get your hands off her." Poison was dripping off of his voice. Kisses looked at Yong pleadingly.

"I'll be okay, Yong," she tried to assure him. Yong didn't look convinced but as soon as he saw the way Kisses looked at him and the nod she gave him, he let go.

"Just this once. Lay a finger on her, Barber and you're dead meat," threatened Yong.

"Do you think that scares me, Muhajil?" Barber said.