CHAPTER 4- NO WAY!

CHAPTER 4- NO WAY!

KISSES

It has been three days since the incident in the garden and I have been doing my best to avoid him. I try to go to the areas in the school where he usually doesn't frequent. I know my friends find it odd that I haven't been joining them for quite a while now but I am just too busy avoiding him at all cost.

Our shared classes are also making my attempts on avoiding him fruitless and I was beginning to think of disappearing at the very moment. Every time I go in the class, I can feel him staring at me. I would always try to keep myself hidden from his view, using the tall figure of Maria as my wall from him.

Maria looked down at me as we got in our class for Social Studies. "K? Would you look up? You have been doing this for three days already. You're worrying me you know that? Would you like to tell to me?"

I looked at Maria as we both placed our bags on top of the table. "Well, actually there is something but I'll tell it to you later. I think I really need someone to know now," I said in a low whisper.

Maria took me into a tight hug and kissed my forehead. "Sure, I'll be all ears."

As I sat down on my seat, I placed my hands on my knees and felt my knuckles whiten because of my tight grip on it. Maria moved a little bit towards me and whispered, "Is it just me or is Barber really staring at you?"

I made an attempt on looking to my right and indeed he was looking our way. I tried to deny it from Maria, "Nah, why would he? He can't even stand the thought of us breathing the same air." Maria just sat back and shrugged but I know my friend, I knew she wasn't really convinced.

Professor James' arrival was announced as the swish of the door was heard and his compelling presence was immediately felt by the class. Yes, he does have a very interesting class for Social Studies but he is indeed scary as what my classmates would usually say. I try not to show it. I have to do well but it was a known fact that his favorite student is Barber.

"Hand in your assignments. No excuses for those who are not able to pass it today. You had a week for that, Dixon. I won't accept any reason for not passing it on time." Dixon tried to argue but obviously, Professor James would never give a damn. Really, one week was a sufficient enough time to make home works. I would totally agree with him there.

I pulled out my homework from my bag and passed it to the center. My eyes wandered as Marco tried to get my attention but to my great disappointment, my eyes met Barber's instead so I immediately turned away. Poor Marco, but I am not ready to be anywhere in contact with him. Not now, not ever.

Class went on for the next hour and when we were about to end, Professor James ended the class with the announcement of the end of the year project.

"So this year's end of term project will be done in pairs." The whole class buzzed in excitement. Maria grabbed my hand and said that we'll do it together. I nodded and smiled but Professor James clapped his hands together to grab the class's attention once again. "Now, before you all become too excited in choosing your partners, I will be the one to pick your partners. And also, you will be sitting with your partner for the rest of the year."

"Ugh!" Maria grunted as she sat properly back to her chair and crossed her arm.

"Gallo your with Bradley" Professor's voice filled the room as he one by one called out the name of the pairs until what was left was me, Maria, Heaven and Edward.

"Oh no. No, no, no, no. I don't ever see him pairing the two of us," Maria whispered to me. My hands were clammy. I totally agree with her that he would never pair us so that leaves me with no better options. It's either Heaven, who would certainly make my life difficult or Barber, who I have been trying to avoid for three days now.