Rent-A-Mate : Reunion Roundup

By jesscal

Ashton Collum is going through a rough time after his divorce. To keep up his family ranch, he is going to ha... More

I'm not that desperate
its not for sale
Eager are we
I'll take my chances
Give Up
bump in the road
I Approve
My Victory Kiss
Strawberry Delight
Bronc Riding
I'm In Deep
I've Missed You
Seduction Wasn't on the List
Assorted Flavored
I'm Sorry
Give Us A Chance
What Are You Doing Here
Leave Who
I Love You

I need a favor

15.2K 540 6
By jesscal

April pov

April rushed after Kiera, she had come out to help her cousin get everything ready for her showcase. She knew Keira would be stressing out trying to get everything right and make sure she had everyone on the list of guests. The gallery show was tomorrow night and the place was really unorganized, the caterers still had to be called and the music still had to be arranged.

"Kiera, relax. I'll call the caterers to make sure everything is ready and you need to select what music you want playing."

"Okay. I guess your right, its just that I'm so nervous."

"If you weren't, I'd be worried. Now take a deep breath and go see about the music. I'll take care of the caterers."

Keira smiled and hugged her, "What would I do without you."

"Freak out." She said playfully. "Now go, that way we can get some lunch."

Kiera nodded and left towards the control room in the back. April pulled out her cell and dialed the catering company. After confirming everything was set for the gallery, she made her way to the control room. Kiera was looking through some songs and writing them down so Gary could set up the music. After a couple of minutes she was done and they headed out of the gallery. They walked down the street to one of the sub shops they had downtown.

April sat down in one of the booths with her tray, finally she thought. Her stomach had been grumbling for so long now and she had started to feel lightheaded. Kiera sat across from her, a troubled expression on her face. Taking a bit out of her turkey sub, April tried to figure out what would be troubling her cousin.

"What's bothering you now?"

"Well now that the show is set, I can start to dread the reunion."

April should have guessed. Every year they had the same problem.

"You can't go alone this year. I just can't stand to see you there looking pitiful, either you find someone by then or I will."

"What, are you crazy. How am I to find someone in a week?"

"Okay then, I'll find someone for you and you WILL go with them and you will NOT let Karla talk you down. Its about time you stood your ground and enjoyed the reunion."

"I'm fine going by myself and I don't look pitiful."

"You do. Now don't argue with me and let me find you the perfect guy."

"Sure, OK. Like there's a chance any guy will go with me to a family reunion."

April thought this over, Kiera was right, no guy would go just for that but she knew just the guy who could help her. Smiling, she grabbed her purse and pulled out her phone.

Kiera glared at her, "What are you doing?"

"Getting you a date."

"What you have the guy on speed dial or something?"

"No but I know who does."

The phone rang for a few seconds before a groggy voice came on the line.

"Hello."

"Baby, are you still in bed!"

"No."

"Michael, its past midday. Get up I need you to do me a favor."

She heard a sigh, "What now sweetie."

"I need you to call your old boss and get me a guy."

"What the hell April. Why do you need another guy for?"

April laughed at the jealousy in her mate's voice. "Not for me silly, its for Kiera. We can't let her go to another reunion alone now can we."

"Why didn't you just say so and couldn't you just use our mind link? I hate the damn shrill of the phone."

"Why do you think I called. Now see if you can get someone. Love you baby."

She hung up and looked up, Kiera was looking at her puzzled. She loved having her best friend on the edge of her seat.

"Well," she asked.

"What?" She replied innocently.

"Don't what me April. How is Michael supposed to find me a date and what was that about his old boss."

"Don't you worry about that. Lets just get through your showcase and we'll worry about the rest later."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Axel pov

Axel untangled himself from the delicate hands across his chest. His phone vibrating again on the bed side table. It was late and all he wanted to do was to stay in bed and have another round with the two girls currently sleeping in his king sized bed. He had ignored the first two times it had rung but now it was just irritating him. He grabbed the phone and walked out the room, not bothering to pull on any clothes. He flipped the phone open as he reached his office and sat down on the couch.

"Hello."

"Damn Axel don't you ever answer your phone."

It took him a brief moment to recognize the voice on the other line.

"Not for those who abandon my business I don't."

"Come on Axel, we've been through this already. I'm a married man now and I don't think you want to cross April again now do you? Don't forget you got invited to the wedding."

Axel smirked, "So what do you want now?"

"Well its more of what April wants. She needs a guy next week."

Axel laughed, "What she thinking of trading you in already."

"Very funny, but its for her cousin. They have a reunion with their pack and she wants her to have someone there with her."

"I'd like to help you out Mike but everyone's booked. Even I have to work next weekend and the following week at some farm reunion."

"Wait, wait, wait. Your telling me that your going to the reunion at the Campton Manior?"

Axel leaned forward in his seat, frowning. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

"I guess we'll be seeing more of each other then we thought. Who are you accompanying?"

"Sorry pal but that's confidential, you know that."

"Well not for long but what about finding me a guy. I'm telling you this girl needs someone there for a bit of support. She already gets enough from her stepsister because she has been going alone the last few years."

"Everyone is booked this month or on vacation. I don't have anyone else in the roster but I've got a guy that just might work. I'll have to see if he's willing though but he's not special request."

"Well beggers can't be choosers I guess. I'll let April know, hopefully she won't complain."

"Alright then I'll see what I can do on this side."

He hung up, now the only problem was to convince Ash to accept the deal. He would have to use every trick in the book to convince his friend to take the job. He heard soft footsteps coming down the hall before slowing down at the door. The floor creaked as she leaned in the doorway.

"Hey Axel, need some company?" She said seductively.

Leaning back on the couch, Axel crooked his finger at her. She walked in in all her naked glory. Her light colored skin glowed from the light of the lamp on his desk. Her hips swayed as she made her way over, straddling his hips. He grabbed her waist and pulled her down against himself. He smirked as a moan escaped her lips, at least for now he wouldn't have to worry about work.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ash pov

Ash couldn't believe what he was hearing. Axel was trying to convince him to take a job as an escort to some family gathering. Axel had arrived back at his farm this morning and he didn't waste time in getting out what he wanted.

"No and let me say it again no!"

"Come on Ash, this is a big job and I haven't got anyone else. You could use the money and I'll be there to help you out."

"Yes I could use the money but I'm not going to be paid by some girl just to keep her company on some family event."

"If it makes you feel any better, its her cousin that will be paying you. The girl thinks your a friend of her cousins husband. Are you really going to let her face another year of ridicule because she's got no one with her to at least keep her company?"

"As much as I hate to leave the poor gal on her own, I have more pressing matters to attend to first."

"What if I told you that this could be the break you are looking for. I'm telling you these people would be more then intrested in buying from you long term then anybody else and they won't scare easily."

Ash thought this over, he did need to find more clients and he could use the money. But to use the girl just to get more clients didn't feel right, but then again, they would be using him too.

"What would I have to do?"

Axel smiled at him, clapping him on the back.

"Now that's what I'm talking about. Its no big deal, your going as her friend and keeping her company for the week. They're having the reunion at some ranch, so you'll feel right at home. I'd advise you to dress in business attire but you should bring some of your cowboy clothes if you want. You can not acknowledge me as a friend when you get there, we have to act like we just met for the first time. I'll send more information about the girl when I get it and on your so called acquaintance. The flight arrangments will be made and mailed soon, along with the directions of the place. You will meet the girl before so you can get to know her but I don't know when yet, I'll let you know when and where."

Ash shook his head in disbelief, was he really going to do this. His friend didn't waste any time to explain things either.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 215 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...
773 63 27
Cassidy Mitchell only has one year left of college left. She should know what she wants to do after graduation, but in reality, she has no idea. It i...
327K 11K 36
Zeke Collins and Jaycee Lance are getting married on Christmas Day. It was arranged by there father's as the Lance Families company is going under. W...
3.3M 121K 31
Ajax Preston West III has everything he's ever wanted, all but Harper Morgan. The one woman he's waited for, the one woman he's always wanted. His be...