I need a favor

April pov

April rushed after Kiera, she had come out to help her cousin get everything ready for her showcase. She knew Keira would be stressing out trying to get everything right and make sure she had everyone on the list of guests. The gallery show was tomorrow night and the place was really unorganized, the caterers still had to be called and the music still had to be arranged.

"Kiera, relax. I'll call the caterers to make sure everything is ready and you need to select what music you want playing."

"Okay. I guess your right, its just that I'm so nervous."

"If you weren't, I'd be worried. Now take a deep breath and go see about the music. I'll take care of the caterers."

Keira smiled and hugged her, "What would I do without you."

"Freak out." She said playfully. "Now go, that way we can get some lunch."

Kiera nodded and left towards the control room in the back. April pulled out her cell and dialed the catering company. After confirming everything was set for the gallery, she made her way to the control room. Kiera was looking through some songs and writing them down so Gary could set up the music. After a couple of minutes she was done and they headed out of the gallery. They walked down the street to one of the sub shops they had downtown.

April sat down in one of the booths with her tray, finally she thought. Her stomach had been grumbling for so long now and she had started to feel lightheaded. Kiera sat across from her, a troubled expression on her face. Taking a bit out of her turkey sub, April tried to figure out what would be troubling her cousin.

"What's bothering you now?"

"Well now that the show is set, I can start to dread the reunion."

April should have guessed. Every year they had the same problem.

"You can't go alone this year. I just can't stand to see you there looking pitiful, either you find someone by then or I will."

"What, are you crazy. How am I to find someone in a week?"

"Okay then, I'll find someone for you and you WILL go with them and you will NOT let Karla talk you down. Its about time you stood your ground and enjoyed the reunion."

"I'm fine going by myself and I don't look pitiful."

"You do. Now don't argue with me and let me find you the perfect guy."

"Sure, OK. Like there's a chance any guy will go with me to a family reunion."

April thought this over, Kiera was right, no guy would go just for that but she knew just the guy who could help her. Smiling, she grabbed her purse and pulled out her phone.

Kiera glared at her, "What are you doing?"

"Getting you a date."

"What you have the guy on speed dial or something?"

"No but I know who does."

The phone rang for a few seconds before a groggy voice came on the line.

"Hello."

"Baby, are you still in bed!"

"No."

"Michael, its past midday. Get up I need you to do me a favor."

She heard a sigh, "What now sweetie."

"I need you to call your old boss and get me a guy."

"What the hell April. Why do you need another guy for?"