Running Scared

By spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... More

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
20. Scary eyes.
21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.
22. Friend or foe?
23. Second chance.
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
27. The soup
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
65. Turning soft.
66. Break
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
72. Eradicate.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
79. Avenge.
80. Possessive
81. Your loving Mother.
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

47. Secrets

34.2K 1.7K 316
By spaghetti000cheese

Elisa's P.O.V

I was so busted..

What do I tell him now?

He was staring at me intently, waiting for my answer.

"I....uhh...I" I stuttered. 

Okay Elisa let's go with truth because you can never do the simple task of lying fluently.

"Alec, please trust me. I will tell you everything when the time is right, I promise. Please trust me on this one." I pleaded him as I started in his grey eyes.

"And when is the right time?" He asked me and I sighed.

You are right Adam, secrets do have a cost and I could see the flicker of  hurt in Alec's eyes when I refused to confide in him. 

"Believe me it is not far." I said hugging him and taking in the smell of his cologne. 

He sighed too, "That's good, I hate it when someone lies to me.I am a very bad person if someone betrays me." He said and I stiffened.

I wonder what you will do when you come to know who the betrayer is.

"Hey I have few questions." I said pulling back.

"Shoot." He said.

We reached our room and I went into the closet to change my clothes.

I donned on a simple white nightgown and came out to find Alec....

Only in his boxers.

I hate that letter ''F''.

He turned around and inspected me from head to toe like I was some kind of lab rat and he was a scientist about to dissect me.

He went into the closet and came out with his signature black colour shirt in his hand and threw it at me.

I raised my brow at him after catching the shirt.

"You look better in my clothes." He said and now both of my eyebrows went up.

"You mean to say I look ugly in my clothes?" I asked him with a fake hurt expression while trying very hard not to laugh at his look.

"NO.....no... you are beautiful and fuck... how do--"

My laughing voice cut him off.

He looks so cute when I tease him.

 "Don't worry, Honey boo I was just teasing." I said while laughing more at that name.

He carried out a string of curses as I went in and changed into his unbelieveably soft shirt that had the hint of his cologne.

I came out to find him muttering something about killing William.

Poor William.

He turned to look at me and nodded his head after inspecting me again.

I rolled my eyes.

"You wanted to ask me something?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

"How did you find Olivia?" I asked him and he frowned at me.

"Why the sudden interest in her family background?" He asked me while laying on the bed.

"Just general curiosity." I said shrugging while climbing on the bed and laying beside him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Curiosity killed the cat." He said and I gave him a dirty look.

"Are you going to answer my quesstion?" I asked him.

"Fine. I found Olivia when she was only 5 years old. I was just strolling through a very poor village, on my way to carry out a deal with certain vampire, when the whiff of strong blood and death came to my senses. I immediately followed the smell even though I didn't understand why I was bothering myself because I am a monster. 

      "But something in me compelled me to go and check in. That smell took me to a very small hut and I came across a body of this woman whose neck was literally torn apart and blood was spilled everywhere on the dirty ground. I still remember her lifeless pale blue eyes containing the horror. Anyways, I knew that this was a work of a vampire, more specifically a new born because old vampires never leave the evidence behind. Technically, the old Alec should go on without any  concern and leave the place but then again, there was this feeling in my chest that told me to go inside that hut.

     "I went inside to find 4 more bodies, necks torn apart and blood painting the floor. Three of them were small girls and one was of a man. At that time I was not bothered by human blood because I had given up on it. Just as I was about to leave, I heard this soft whimper that was coming from an old worn out cupboard. I immediately went and opened the doors to find a girl of about 5 years old with brightest sapphire eyes and short bob of blond hair and for the first time I felt the need to protect this small scared girl who was looking at me with fear at the same time her eyes were begging for help. And that's when I decided that I would take care of her.

   "But it was easier said than done. I brought her here, and she would never leave my side. She refused to speak, refused to eat or do anything. She would just curl up in my arms and cry her eyes out till she fell asleep. I was really at loss because I didn't know how to take care of a human, notheless a child. For few days she refused to eat then eventually she began taking small meals only from my hands. I was the only one she trusted.

     "After nearly 6 months she uttered her 1st word. And that also "Mother". She then gushed out the details of that horrible night in her broken language. She told me how there were 3 sisters and her mom and dad in her family, she told me how her father hid her in the cupboard and told her to stay quite while dying in front of her eyes. No one should have been gone through what she did. 

   "It's been 2 years and yet she still has nightmares about that night." He completed his story and I was crying my eyes out by the end.

Oh My God!

My sweet Olivia has been through so much in her short life.

"I feel so sorry for her. She's so small and going through that....... you said that she only  trusted you at first, then how come she trusted me so easily?" I asked him as tears continued their path down my eyes.

"It was no surprise for me. Don't you see Elisa, you are so pure-hearted  and most of all you tried to protect her. I think that gave away." He said wipping my tears.

I climbed on top of him and laid my head in the crook of his neck, "You are not a monster Alec. You are a savior. You think you're evil and ruthless but you saved the life of a small girl. And that in my books nowhere sounds like a monster. Stop referring yourself as one." I said while drifting off to sleep.

He kissed my forehead and that was the last thing I remember before the darkness engulfed me.

*****

I woke up to feel the sunligh hitting my eyes and found out that I was alone in the bed.

Usually, Alec was always there either staring at me or sleeping while I woke up..

"Alec?" I called out but there was no response.

Shrugging, I climbed out of bed and went into the bathroom to finish my business  and shower.

After coming out of shower there was still no sign of Alec.

I went out of bedroom after donning on jeans and a simple white top.

As I was searching for Alec I stumbled across Adam.

"Good Morning Elisa." He greeted me.

"Good Morning Adam. Where is Alec?" I asked him.

"He is in the weapon room." He answered.

"Please take me where this weapon room is." I said to him in rush.

"Can't it wait?" He asked me.

"No. I am going to confide in him Adam. I am going to tell everyone who that betrayer is." I said to him and he nodded his head.

"Very well. Let's go." He said leading the path.

We took many turns and roamed through hallways and finally arrived to the weapon room.

I turned back to Adam, he read my expression and nodded his head, "If there is anything you need, just call me and keep trust in your love for Alec. That will help you out and remember that whoever it is, I believe you Elisa." He said boosting my confidence up and I smiled gratefully at him.

I finally decided to tell Alec who it is because I can't keep it from him any longer. One day or the other he has to know who it is. I can't keep this from him forever. Not telling something or hiding  something in purpose is just same as lying even if keeping it from someone protects them. And by keeping secrets we think that we are protecting the ones we love, but it is the false sense of protection, in the end we do more damage by keeping a secret than telling the truth.

However much I love Alec, I was going to be the one to break his heart and that itself was killing me from inside.

But I have to do this. 

I went inside to find myself, surrounded by tons and tons of  different types of weapons. From swords to guns and grenades and mini bombs and so much more that I can't even describe it.

There were sharp small blades, throwing stars that could cut you with just a flick of wrist to ancient swords and knives that had many intricate designs on them.

I tried to keep my distance from all of them as I made my way towards Alec.

He had his back to me and I was surprised to find that he still didn't know I was there.

Just as I was about to call for his atttention, suddenly I felt a whoosh of air beside my ear and felt myself being backed to a wall with a knife embedded in the wall beside my ear. 

Oh my God.

The knife was almost touching my ear. If I had moved even an inch, it would have stabbed me.

"Elisa?" Alec said in confusion as I was trying to contol my breathing..

"What the fuck are you doing here  sneaking up on me like this?" He asked me with a hint of anger in his voice yet I was shaking like a dry leaf in the wind.

"Hey, look at me. I am sorry, littleone. I thought someone was sneaking on me because no one is allowed to enter this room except for me and Master Gilfred." He explained and I nodded my head yet I did not meet his gaze.

He was menancing and lethal. 

He could kill anyone with a flick of his finger and then laugh as you die.

He took my face in his hands and I flinched, "Hey hey, look up at me. I will never hurt you Elisa, I promised you, remember? Please don't finch away from like that. Look up." He said in a soft voice and tilted my head up so that I had no option but to look in his eyes.

He kissed my forehead and I could see in his eyes that he would never hurt me.

I took a deep breath,"I-I am sorry, I shouldn't have sneaked up on you." I said stuttering.

He brought me in his arms and hugged me tightly, "It's okay. Just give a little warning tthe next time you do that." He said.

Oh beleive me I would bring the drumroll along with me the next time.

He pulled back, "SO... Is there anything that you want that couldn't wait till I got back." He asked.

I nodded my head.

After just witnessing what he did, I just hope that he believes me.

I love him.

"Alec I know who that Person is that wants to kill us." I rushed the words out.

"What?" He asked in astonishment.

"Yes, I remembered it on William's birthday and I was afraid to tell you but..." My tune of voice was becoming smaller and smaller by each word I uttered.

I took a deep breath.

Just say it Elisa.

**********

Hello my beautiful readers.

How are you?

I cried when I was writing the part when Olivia witnesses it. It was so hard to write it.

How was it?

After coming to a conclusion, I have finally decided the cover for my book that will stay for a while.

Thanks for helping me out.

I really love you.

Until then hugs and see ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 57.4K 63
"Look at me properly and try to remember." He implored her, his silvery eyes boring into hers. Maya raised her nervous eyes to meet his. Searching he...
11.5K 5.2K 37
Unknown to the average human world, there is a place where every supernatural being that fuels nightmares resides. Shielded completely from prying ey...
154K 2.6K 100
!Book one out of three! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wid...
201K 11K 43
Even those who are believed to be lost can find their path changed by fate. . . Highest rankings: #1 in werewolf #1 in paranormal romance #80 in Rom...